Dan & Phil Part 42: lying makes you go to hell

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
RiriPandaHeart2
phabergé

Dan's attempts weren't half-bad. Phil's though: :wtf: I love the man but my ears are hurting. :wahh:

I agree with 000dia000 in this part
000dia000 wrote: This may sound a stretch, in my saying, but I loved the moment when Dan just head-plants the desk, and then Phil just settles his hand on Dan's shoulder. It was such a friendly touch and moment, I realize now that sort of interaction could have been very easily edited out (as it has was probably done in the past, in similar situations) and would not have been noticed/missed, yet they decided to leave it in. It's nice that they can have this touching and interaction without it being a big deal.
Overall a very funny video. I was laughing with tears in my eyes and flinching at the screams at the same time. Toxic was such a good throwback. Also loved the diss track. Definitely worth a rewatch.... if I can get over the screams first.
P: What are you doing?

D: I'm feeding it to you.

P: Why is it so slow?
SexyTrashCan
morning quiff
Pronouns: she/her

I'm obviously not complaining but I thought Phil specifically said he would do main channel vids on Thursdays?
Edit: Immortalise my shame I didn't see the tweet
:D
RiriPandaHeart2
phabergé

Upon rewatch, there was a cute moment during Dan's diss track when Phil was mouthing "and by that I mean cringe". I dunno why I found that fascinating. But it's just heartwarming to think Phil knows the lyrics to Dan's Diss Track.
P: What are you doing?

D: I'm feeding it to you.

P: Why is it so slow?
Philena
blobfish

pilotlight wrote:Oh god, my ears. Wasn't quick enough with the volume control a few times. I laughed so hard though, Phil's singing The Black Parade actually had me in tears. I'm glad (for them) that they don't care about bothering the neighbours anymore , but did they ever really care about being loud in the past? If they're moving, I can't imagine the other tenants will miss them.
100%. Phil's Black Parade had me cry laughing harder than I have in weeks!

Omg @ increase in volume= obvs changing to a higher key! I would kick their ass so hard at that game (and sound good doing it... ooh!)

Did Phil mispeak and refer to Dan having an apartment, or was I hearing things?

Also, those matching Instagram boomerangs killed me.

Not gonna lie, RiriPandaHeart2, I was actually surprised that Dan remembered the lyrics.
SexyTrashCan
morning quiff

I found it weird that at 5:12 Phil said "This apartment". Odd phrasing
fancy_nancy
phabergé

I really wanted Dan to get to the "what the fuck even is your sexuality?" part of his diss track, but still, i loved the video, so funny even if it hurt my ears.
SexyTrashCan
morning quiff

Oh that's definitely one of my favourite DAPG vids. Phil's cover of WTTBP had me in literal tears
lishachi
eclipse shirt

Things that have happened today and thoughts:

The Instagram posts/travel pictures: It's weird, every time they travel together I get so sad because they take lovely pictures, especially of each other, and it makes me want that. Just someone to travel with, relationship or just a friend to do that with, because they look so happy and it just really makes me want that. Regardless of their relationship to each other, they seem to be quite happy and I hope one day I meet somebody who I'll care for (and hopefully they will too) as much as they seem to care for each other.

Video: Hilarious. I was like 'what is happening' just constantly throughout. The diss track was amazing, he still knows basically the entire thing (so do I woops). Also the Toxic duet was everything I didn't know I needed.

(Dunno what's happening with me today, but I realised how much I'd love to meet someone as similar as me and have a long enough friendship as Dan and Phil have. Like I said, everything aside, they seem to have a great friendship and it's really nice to see they seem so happy with each other. I wish to have a friendship (or relationship) like that).
:biflag: :blackheart:
pilotlight
#relatable
Pronouns: he/him

[offtopic]How appropriate
Image[/offtopic]
hunnyftw
phabergé

LOVED IT is a serious understatement. It's instantly become one of my favourites on the whole channel, joining the portal co-op and the gang beasts videos. It almost made me cry of laughter.
RiriPandaHeart2 wrote:Overall a very funny video. I was laughing with tears in my eyes and flinching at the screams at the same time. Toxic was such a good throwback. Also loved the diss track. Definitely worth a rewatch.... if I can get over the screams first.
Apparently I have no regard for my ears because I already rewatched some parts of it about six times (mainly Dan's diss track and Phil's Black Parade), and I just know that this video will be one of those I regularly come back to.

Also 6:34 and 10:02 made me realise that I find Dan trying to sing while laughing and struggling to take a breath endlessly hilarious but also quite... aesthetical. Don't anybody analyse that please
pastelspectre
stress mushroom
Pronouns: he/him

that video was hilarious! i was in the middle of watching netflix when it came in my notifications and then i was like aw dang gotta watch it and then put my input on idb lol. but omg the video was so funny when they did toxic and the black parade and then dan did the disstrack..i was laughing and grinning so much. one of my faves for sure!
:transheart:
fondsmiles
phabergé

000dia000 wrote:This may sound a stretch, in my saying, but I loved the moment when Dan just head-plants the desk, and then Phil just settles his hand on Dan's shoulder. It was such a friendly touch and moment, I realize now that sort of interaction could have been very easily edited out (as it has was probably done in the past, in similar situations) and would not have been noticed/missed, yet they decided to leave it in. It's nice that they can have this touching and interaction without it being a big deal.
I agree, it makes me so happy how much closer they've gotten in videos. Regardless of what that means, every possible explanation warms my heart

The video was so funny, I am living for Phil being so TERRIBLE at it and Dan cringing and laughing uncontrollably beside him, that's honestly the best part. Dan is just a little too good at it, but Phil can't do it at all and that just makes it hilarious (and apparently Dan thinks so as well).

And they're so soft and lovely and aaaah
[x]
[x]
onetruetrash
blobfish

fancy_nancy wrote:I really wanted Dan to get to the "what the fuck even is your sexuality?" part of his diss track, but still, i loved the video, so funny even if it hurt my ears.
Glad I wasn't the only one. Such a disappointment.

I thought the video pretty funny, nothing special, but I got a good laugh out of it.
SexyTrashCan
morning quiff

pilotlight wrote:[offtopic]How appropriate
Image[/offtopic]
I didn't even notice that!
Flomy
sofa crease

That was a nice video, but I probably won't watch it again anytime soon because, IDK, I just can't watch them sing. It's not them, it's me, but I also don't rewatch Dan's disstrack, and I skipped The Internet Is Here in the previous Yasuhati video. Dunno what it is, but I am not complaining as there is a lot of other content to swoon over (I THOUGHT I was not very attracted to Phil lookswise, but the picture he made his icon is the most gorgeous photo I have EVER seen, I am still in shock).
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

I thought I wasn't going to like that, wasn't too bothered about the first one with all the screaming and groany noises, but the singing makes it even when they do it so badly. Some great song choices especially the old classic Toxic, I remember well the liveshow clip of Dan trying to get Phil to do the sexy moan without sounding like a constipated goose. It was really sweet just to see them sing a duet together again. I laughed so hard, also coughed quite a bit, certainly most fun I've had in this week of being ill. Phil's eyes picked up the green from his tshirt as usual, that was pretty.
blackdenim
procrastinator

I was so happy for the headphone warning in Phil's tweet, I'm babysitting my cousin this evening and she definitely would have come down to ask what was going on if I hadn't had them in!

I CRIED laughing during WTTBP it was incredible. And Dan's diss track! I forgot how funny it is (to me at least, we really share a similar sense of humour). This was the kind of video that made me get into them in the first place - the kind of video that shows off their dynamic best and makes you wish you could be friends with them! Maybe I should start 'lingering' on their street wearing all black and/or making jokes about houseplants to see if one of them will befriend me (I'm obviously joking just to be clear!)
gnostic
stress mushroom

Well this one is going straight to my DAPG Hall of Fame. I highly recommend y'all research focusing on reactions by non-performing party

Phil and MCR had me in tears and i never even heard that song or any MCR lol. And I would be lying if I said I wasnt hoping for Toxic

Also, Phil saying they don't care about the neighbours anymore, join me with that
Just here for the marketing skills
obliviongrace
*editing tips*

flarequake wrote:I thought I wasn't going to like that, wasn't too bothered about the first one with all the screaming and groany noises, but the singing makes it even when they do it so badly. Some great song choices especially the old classic Toxic, I remember well the liveshow clip of Dan trying to get Phil to do the sexy moan without sounding like a constipated goose. It was really sweet just to see them sing a duet together again. I laughed so hard, also coughed quite a bit, certainly most fun I've had in this week of being ill. Phil's eyes picked up the green from his tshirt as usual, that was pretty.
I just wanted to bring that liveshow clip you mentioned back, because I just went and rewatched and it's both lovely because they're laughing and Dan blushes when Phil makes some pretty weird moan noises, and also hard to watch because Phil's attempts to do the moan are so cringe at points Anyways, here it is for your daily dose of younger deppy:

malday
emo goose

You guys are making a phandom survey?
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

I liked the last one better tbh. Not that this one is bad because it was genuinely good and funny so I enjoyed it. Butit's just that I wanna crawl into a hole and never come out whenever Depz start actually singing because I just can't handle it. Second-hand embarrassment maybe I dunno. But I enjoyed the random screaming, grunting and moaning from last time more

I feel the same as Flomy basically.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
kalli
butt chair

I don't have time to give my full thoughts on the video right now since I have my second exam of the day in less than an hour (rip me) but I just wanted to point out that Dan's wearing the weed jumper in the new video. I wonder if that was planned or a coincidence
Moon
spork

lishachi wrote:Things that have happened today and thoughts:

The Instagram posts/travel pictures: It's weird, every time they travel together I get so sad because they take lovely pictures, especially of each other, and it makes me want that. Just someone to travel with, relationship or just a friend to do that with, because they look so happy and it just really makes me want that. Regardless of their relationship to each other, they seem to be quite happy and I hope one day I meet somebody who I'll care for (and hopefully they will too) as much as they seem to care for each other.
Video: Hilarious. I was like 'what is happening' just constantly throughout. The diss track was amazing, he still knows basically the entire thing (so do I woops). Also the Toxic duet was everything I didn't know I needed.
(Dunno what's happening with me today, but I realised how much I'd love to meet someone as similar as me and have a long enough friendship as Dan and Phil have. Like I said, everything aside, they seem to have a great friendship and it's really nice to see they seem so happy with each other. I wish to have a friendship (or relationship) like that).
I think about that a lot too. It would be great to live and travel with someone who really likes me. I think that this one of the main reasons why I love phan so much because their history and everything is so dreamy. They have experienced so much together and have a really big influence on each other. It makes me a bit teary when I think that when they were younger they didn't know someone like them would come into their life and have such a big impact.

The new video was hilarious I can't believe dan actually sang we are number one. The toxic duet makes me wonder if they sometimes casually sing it together

kalli, good luck for your exam :thumb:
That's the plan.
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

malday wrote:You guys are making a phandom survey?
danandphilsurvey.tumblr.com / dan and phil survey twitter

Keep your eyes open this weekend

(you can also look at the results of the 2015 whilst you're waiting)
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

gnostic wrote: Phil and MCR had me in tears and i never even heard that song or any MCR lol.
You are missing out, go and youtube their greatest hits and join us in the hell that was MCR splitting up.

I loved the video, it was so funny, although I made the stupid mistake of watching it through my television with the sound up and wow, Dan and Phil aren't the only ones worried about their neighbours calling the police right now.

I liked the song choices, especially Dan's Roast Yourself challenge (funnily enough I was singing that in the shower this morning, it's such a good song lbr). I was waiting for them to sing The Internet Is Here but glad they didn't. Sometimes it makes me want to read the comments of their videos as I bet they got some really funny choices, Toxic was well preditable though and I did a little when they said they were going to do it. Dan singing P!ATD was my favourite bit though, him laughing and Phil patting him on the back was just too cute.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart: