Dan & Phil Part 42: lying makes you go to hell

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
malday
emo goose

fitting message:
lurker
janice from the shop
Pronouns: they/them

i sincerely hope replying to "do you have any more pictures to share" with that photo was intentional on phil's behalf and sassy!phil is on the rise.
thank's you were great
SexyTrashCan
morning quiff
Pronouns: she/her

malday wrote: fitting message:
:D
fancybum
senpai

blackdenim wrote:
I get both your points auri and cherrybomb3 and I think that is the simplest (and probably therefore the most accurate) explanation, but I dunno, it still seems 'off' to me that they would be so hyper self-aware all the time, unless as pilotlight said, it's a byproduct of being closeted previously - which admittedly is something I didn't consider.
It's not even about being closeted, it's about society being a shitshow. As has been brought up like a hundred times by now, Jimmy0010 made a great video that mentioned how he has never held his boyfriend's hand in public, ever (which would suggest they're also not sitting in each other's laps or putting heads on shoulders etc in public), and they've been together for over 5yrs. He's not ""closeted"", he's labelled himself gay (is he defaulted back to closeted when walking the streets unless he's announcing his sexuality with each step and/or kissing his boyfriend the entire time?). But everybody is assumed straight out in the wild, and unfortunately you never know who's going to have a problem with seeing something that looks wrong to them and their worldview until they're up in your face being aggressive. Tweens with snapchat probably aren't first or even second on the list of why D&P haven't been "caught" being affectionate in public. A country's 'acceptance' of other sexualities (basically just meaning your existence and potential happiness (say with marriage or whatever)) aren't entirely limited by law) doesn't extend to feeling comfortable/safe everywhere you go. People are not their country's laws. People are assholes.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

fancybum wrote:
blackdenim wrote:
I get both your points auri and cherrybomb3 and I think that is the simplest (and probably therefore the most accurate) explanation, but I dunno, it still seems 'off' to me that they would be so hyper self-aware all the time, unless as pilotlight said, it's a byproduct of being closeted previously - which admittedly is something I didn't consider.
It's not even about being closeted, it's about society being a shitshow. As has been brought up like a hundred times by now, Jimmy0010 made a great video that mentioned how he has never held his boyfriend's hand in public, ever (which would suggest they're also not sitting in each other's laps or putting heads on shoulders etc in public), and they've been together for over 5yrs. He's not ""closeted"", he's labelled himself gay (is he defaulted back to closeted when walking the streets unless he's announcing his sexuality with each step and/or kissing his boyfriend the entire time?). But everybody is assumed straight out in the wild, and unfortunately you never know who's going to have a problem with seeing something that looks wrong to them and their worldview until they're up in your face being aggressive. Tweens with snapchat probably aren't first or even second on the list of why D&P haven't been "caught" being affectionate in public. A country's 'acceptance' of other sexualities (basically just meaning your existence and potential happiness (say with marriage or whatever)) aren't entirely limited by law) doesn't extend to feeling comfortable/safe everywhere you go. People are not their country's laws. People are assholes.
We don't have a "thanks" button here on IDB, but this is my version of it. This post is perfect.

I think this also applies to Dan and Phil's reality overall. When people ask why Dan and Phil don't just come out (after all, everyone in the Phandom would only be happy about it).... It's really not about the Phandom or the supportive internet population that wants to know. It's about everyone else and the world's reaction at large. And as shitty as it is, it's not always a good one.

As for Yasuhati 2.0... Again, a true relief it wasn't Horse Prince. And, though I watched it in pieces throughout the day, I absolutely loved it. There's nothing that warms the cockles of my cold heart more than a shameless, yodeling Phil.
pearshaped34
morning quiff

I think there a lot of good arguments as to why D&P may not be together (enough to make me remain very much on the fence about the matter) but why they have never been caught kissing and cuddling in public is not one of them as far as I'm concerned.
A wild subscriber could appear at any given time why would they risk outing themselves like that? Plus as others say many same sex couples don't feel comfortable being affectionate in public in case there's a wild homophobe about. And of course there are also couples who simply don't like PDA. There are many valid reasons for the to be discreet in public.

That being said as for the original question of why they are sitting so far apart; why not? Yes they often choose to sit very close to one another but I doubt that is a rule they live by and sometimes like to stretch out in their own personal space.
QuiteFriendly
drama llama

rizzo wrote:
fancybum wrote:
blackdenim wrote:
We don't have a "thanks" button here on IDB, but this is my version of it. This post is perfect.
to both of you
lurker
janice from the shop

QuiteFriendly wrote:
rizzo wrote:
fancybum wrote:
blackdenim wrote:
to both of you
agreed with everything, thanks for making these posts
thank's you were great
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

If you have thread name suggestions, go drop them off now! I'll be making the poll within an hour or so.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I know you're all busy internally contemplating where the fuck Dan and Phil actually are right now, but take a break and VOTE FOR THE NEXT THREAD NAME HERE.
saffarinda
truth bomb

pearshaped34 wrote:I think there a lot of good arguments as to why D&P may not be together (enough to make me remain very much on the fence about the matter) but why they have never been caught kissing and cuddling in public is not one of them as far as I'm concerned.
A wild subscriber could appear at any given time why would they risk outing themselves like that? Plus as others say many same sex couples don't feel comfortable being affectionate in public in case there's a wild homophobe about. And of course there are also couples who simply don't like PDA. There are many valid reasons for the to be discreet in public.

That being said as for the original question of why they are sitting so far apart; why not? Yes they often choose to sit very close to one another but I doubt that is a rule they live by and sometimes like to stretch out in their own personal space.
I totally agree with everything you said! People have this image of couples always sitting as close together as possible, when in reality they're perfectly comfortable sitting apart - they don't need to be attatched at the hip every second aha.

About the homophobic thing - two friends of mine who used to be in a relationship went to McDonalads one time, and got called faggots for holding hands - and they stopped any PDA quite quickly as a result.

Whenever I flirt with girls myself I feel like I'm less likely to be called out for anything, because most people just see it as girls being affectionate with one another ('gal pals' ) guys are often called out for it much more quickly due to those stereotypical masculine roles in society sigh.
25/04/2017 - #blessed
cherrybomb3
cheeky #spon
Pronouns: he/him

saffarinda wrote:
Whenever I flirt with girls myself I feel like I'm less likely to be called out for anything, because most people just see it as girls being affectionate with one another ('gal pals' ) guys are often called out for it much more quickly due to those stereotypical masculine roles in society sigh.

roses are red, the moon's made of cheese
toxic masculinity is a disease
Birdie
blobfish

I don't have anything else to add but I'd really like to thank everyone for the last couple posts. So many great points!
saffarinda
truth bomb

cherrybomb3 wrote:
saffarinda wrote:

roses are red, the moon's made of cheese
toxic masculinity is a disease
there needs to be a like or thumbs up system on here just for this
25/04/2017 - #blessed
DatCog
blobfish

Wonder if they're still in Singapore or on their way home.

Edited to add:
realeyesrealize
living flop

bluebox-away
woodland creature

You okay there Daniel?

Edit: also, since when the hell is he above posting shameless cute selfies lmao? Need I remind anybody of the fuckboy plaid shirt photo from approx 3 days ago amongst many others?
06/04/2016 - I found The Weakest Link :ninja:
Gif credit: IckleMissMayhem
Sakura Selfie
rainbow nerd

realeyesrealize wrote:
Checkin instagram comments to crowdsource his self esteem
auri
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

DatCog wrote:
that photo tho the long gone (.........) danfan danperson? what's the gender neutral version for dangirl/danboy? in me is rising. also is this a selfie or picture taken by phil? ;)

i'm really on a mood apparently don't mind me anyway, didn't dan say in his last ls that they'll be gone for three weeks? hasn't it only been two or? as in he wouldn't be doing live shows for three weeks. i might be wrong though.

// edit: i'm smol bean! can i be smol bean forever?
SexyTrashCan
morning quiff

Really Dan?
bantstrash
delia smith

I think they might be on their way to Florida if they are going there with Phil's family before playlist.

Do we think Dan is joinging them?
cherrybomb3
cheeky #spon
Pronouns: he/him

bantstrash wrote:I think they might be on their way to Florida if they are going there with Phil's family before playlist.

do we really need to ask
SexyTrashCan
morning quiff

cherrybomb3 wrote:
bantstrash wrote:I think they might be on their way to Florida if they are going there with Phil's family before playlist.

do we really need to ask
Very true.

Also, bantstrash-nice avatar
vortexofphan
drama llama

Barb from Stranger Things replied to him. She's also on Riverdale, both of which he has praised. It's a weird little world colliding thing there. How much do you think Dan is freaking out right now?
/fɪl lɛstɚ/
sad dimple

vortexofphan wrote: Barb from Stranger Things replied to him. She's also on Riverdale, both of which he has praised. It's a weird little world colliding thing there. How much do you think Dan is freaking out right now?
#justicefordan ?
I am always on Phil Lester's side