Dan & Phil Part 43: I'll touch you when I please

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
palomeheart
dank meme

coffeepenguin wrote:
alittledizzy wrote:
coffeepenguin wrote:Two things though: some people commented about how they were glad there was no "no homoing", but I took Phil's "fantasy about frolicking with a celebrity" thing as a definite "no phano", and not at all typical for Phil in that (also, notice the gender neutral wording). I'll console myself with a definite absence of any reference to Dan actually sleeping in his bedroom where he supposedly has a not shitty bed, only to him filming videos there.
Why on earth is having a dream about a celebrity an anti-phan comment? People in relationships still definitely can fantasize about celebrities, and I don't think it's very reasonable to feel like you're not allowed to talk about dreams you had just because you have a significant other.

But also: hah yes, I did notice he kept referring to the bedroom as a filming location. Very interesting.
I'm not saying people in relationships can't fantasize about other people (be it celebrities or not), it just feels significant to me compared to other things Phil could have talked about (like reading a book or playing an app game), especially in a situation where he's being made aware on a daily basis by his fanbase that everything he says that could ge tracee to a potential relationship is over-analysed to death. And the fact that the whole comment just doesn't feel very Phil, fantasizing about celebrities is much more of a Dan thing (which celebrity is he even frolicking with, he hasn't had any public celebrity crushes, apart from Sarah Michelle Gellar ca 1997, for years)
I do kinda get where you're coming from (and the bolded part is why I'm currently going slightly insane trying not to read too much into Dan saying 'the bedroom'), but to me Phil's comment fell more into the realm of them trying to add in more pointedly gender neutral attraction mentions, which often feel a bit... out of place (?) to me. Like not at all in a bad way, just that sometimes it feels like they drop those comments in anywhere they vaguely fit because they want to get the point across, and they can stick out a bit to me.

Also, you're forgetting his man-crush on Michael Cera. And Zane's perfect face, or whatever it is he says about him. He definitely doesn't talk about celebrities as much as Dan, but I think he still sometimes does in a more understated, Phil-like way.
it's a useful thing
Philena
blobfish

dannonfil, I think the windowed door is storage. The cat paintings were done by Bryony, given to whataboutadam, who then gave them to Phil (presumably when he moved). I think he mentioned them in a ls last summer or spring.

[offtopic]Has Adam deleted all of his social media or just moved to a new handle?[/offtopic]

Eta:Yes, I know a/c isn't completely standard here. Just a dumb joke :D
Stakhanov
haru pillow
Pronouns: he / him

sweetmm wrote:I'm going to guess their new place will be similar to Joe Sugg i.e. security gated community with large space for the crap they never throw away. They might no longer require to rent storage outside as they do now.

I figured they started their intent to move back on that day when Dan no longer bother to keep his suitcases in its place and leave it at the hallway.

It became a reality to me when their Islington flat is suddenly offline on a property site listing I tend to visit a few months back.

I am now so looking forward to the upcoming liveshow

As for the colour coded stickers, normally it is for the professional movers to know which room in the new home they suppose to be moved in.
Don't want to be that creepy stalker guy but i'm gonna be that creep stalker guy: we should keep track of as much of the colour coded stickers as we can, try to find out if they aren't hiding any rooms from us. Mabye they can stop with the double bedroom thing too and save some space...

I'm feeling happy though. Relieved that this isn't the slow death of their intimate relationship as they vow to remain friends but move out to seperate buildings. But their lives seem to be on a different trajectory ;)
I hope we manage to get all the details of the new place. Rented place or buying something together? Suburbs house with room for a pony dog.
My skepticism towards them being a couple i wavering. I consider this the best indication, besides voldy + full available context around it to be the strongest indication they are more than a couple of handsome bachelors living the frats lifestyle.
Finding my own inarticulate prose
Weirding out strangers and laughing at those
Jaundiced and jaded, postured and posed
Not that we’re special it’s just that we’re
Closing in on a place where we might get to be
Living real people regularly
autumnhearth
senpai
Pronouns: she/her

auri wrote:This is literally everything I've been thinking about since the new video. They have been living together for such a long time and sure, they had reasons for it (rent, work on BBC) and I do understand them but.

They have the money to live separately. They have the money. They have lived so long together and they are still going to live together even though they don't have a "reason". If I was a 25-year-old and had never lived on my own before, and had the money for a nice place to live by myself, I would. But still, they continue to live together. And god help me, sure, it might be because they are just used to it by now and they like the idea of sharing a flat with someone you know and trust, but it just doesn't seem like bros being housemates anymore. Jokes about the universe tearing apart if those two were more than a foot away from each other kinda start to seem like a real thing that might happen. Their lives are so joint together and I am weirdly emotional about it when did I became this person??? the answer is: like few hours ago.
Of course they have the money, but even if their relationship was not romantic, there are still reasons they would want to live together. They are best friends, creative partners and Dan has stated he doesn't like living alone/prefers having two people in the house. Regardless of what goes on behind closed doors, these two love each other and seem to need each other. Lately I've been thinking of them as each other's security blankets, like at parties and events. I wish I could make that sound a bit less co-dependent. Let's just say they're soul mates.
blackdenim wrote: Me and my ex used to have 'arguments' about D&P haha because we were together a long time so he was around back when I first found D&P and I made him watch a load of their vids over the years, he got into it (but pretended he hated it obv).

He was convinced they were a couple and was always telling me I would come round eventually so I'm lowkey mad right now that he was proved right in the end tbh.
Lol. Of course he pretended to hate it! The first time my husband caught a glimpse of D&P (one of the baking videos) he made a flippant remark, something along the lines of "Wow, I guess gay is gay in any [culture]". Which I quickly shut him down about, because he knows better in regards personality and speech patterns not directly equating to sexuality. I have since showed him some of Dan's ls's talking about gender and orientation and he totally agrees with them. So yeah, first impression, definitely gay. That was before I fell into shipping hell, once I was there, he was all "it doesn't matter if they are together or not". Now I think he's back to assuming that they are, but thinks we all need to simmer down ;)
isabella
butt chair

i've been gone for a long time but how could i not pop into idb today to scream with everyone!!!!!! i've been among the people who have called this timeline since 2015 and not to brag but we were fucking right hahaha i'm just so happy for the boys and it feels so good that this day is finally here both for them and for us. also i'm wildly curious about what their new house looks like and i hope we can peer pressure dan into showing us at least a little bit next week in his liveshow! i'm so
chunchun
phillion/danosaur <//3

Haha I also came back in here just to lurk on everybody else's feelings about the moving video and it's so nice to see all the nice and happy comments and civil discussions. I'm not gonna lie, I properly freaked out and flailed when I saw the tweets today!!! Happy and shaking and everything, lol. I'm ashamed at myself for my own reaction, but what's new lmao

It's just so nice to see how these two are continuing their lives together like this, I truly feel at peace and I'm constantly in wonder at how intertwined these two are.
And I was properly surprised at the video, it all seems surreal somehow? Like I kind of knew this was coming but didn't expect it so soon!! And Dan says liveshow next week so will we get to see the new place already?? Can't wait to see the new backgrounds and all the memories they will make together now. It's gonna be weird seeing the new areas in the backgrounds of the videos for a while lol. I'm also happy they're really happy to move out, but I couldn't help but feel a bit sad at the end of the video when they showed the boxes around the now-old flat.

I'm just trying to come to terms with how fast the past 5 years went?? wth?
Amortaentia
not a first-time poster

Hi! I'm .. not exactly new? I've been lurking here for an embarrassing amount of time but I'm just really really shy ^^;;

I'm delurking bcs I'm still in shock??? I read a lot of theories abt them moving and they were very logical but? there was always a little voice like: "it all seems too good to be true, lower your expectations" and now I'm just? I'm all teary eyed, I'm so happy for them and excited to see the videos in their new home!!

I doubt they are gonna be as open has they were with the London apartment, like I don't think we'll get a ditl again unless they are in another country or something big happens, even less an apartment tour bcs I'm sure they know how good the phandom is at finding them (have you guys seen the comments on the new video :/ it's a bit creepy) anyway, I'm just glad we don't have to wait for months until a new liveshow!!
awsugar wrote:[offtopic]phil singing welcome to the black parade had me in tears. mcr is my favorite band of all time and coincidentally i was gone because i spent 4 nights following their rhythm guitarist on tour for his solo project [/offtopic]
[offtopic]
Hi! I'm sorry for being lame but same... MCR is also my favorite band and I almost cried when Phil was singing WTTBP ;;;; it was like my worlds collided, lmao... did you see Frank 4 nights in a row?? I'm so jealous! I've seen him twice (once with the MCR and the other with FIATC) but it was pretty much the best thing ever and I still can't get over it >.<
[/offtopic]
palomeheart
dank meme

Philena wrote: Eta:Yes, I know a/c isn't completely standard here. Just a dumb joke :D
Ahh, sorry, don't mind me, I'm just bitter cuz I was raised in a part of the country where AC is pretty normal and I'm not looking forward to the coming summer heat without it.
it's a useful thing
mysterylovescompany
morning quiff

I randomly woke up at ten past five this morning to discover that Phil had JUST posted the video. Am I psychic? Did the phone vibrating wake me up? Idk but I'm not complaining.

Last night, I saw Dan's tweet and resolved to lower my expectations. I was hoping for at least a Singapore ditl, with the best option being a "we're moving out!" video, but my goodness I got so good at not hyping myself up that the video ended up being a huge surprise. And the content ... it's so, so domestic, so happy, so wonderful, so in love. I haven't doubted phan for a while now, and after this video I'm not sure I will again. Today is a good day so far, and it's not even 10 am. :)

I want a moving vlog, I want a house tour, I want to rewatch that video 500 times, I have an assignment that I need to finish but I'm too excited. I'm still in shock.
Winston
flower crown

I'm just as excited as everyone for the move! Holy crap!

However I am slightly disappointed that they are keeping their crappy IKEA bedding (which, yes, i know it's like their calling cards or whatever...but come on!) They could afford some fabulous luxurious bedding, but no, they're keeping that crap...(i like IKEA, just...you know give me some 1,000,000 thread count sheets and duvets boys.) Along with the freaking sofa. WHAT? Why the hell would they keep that thing? I hope this new place is huge and has two lounges, and at least 3 bedrooms. One lounge for filming with the sofa, and two 'filming' bedrooms. The third a master suite, with a king sized bed, some amazing sheets, (sex swing and Jacuzzi tub :gg: ). I mean is that too much to ask of these two nerds?
actions speak louder than words
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Timestamps!

:04 - Both have red eyes, but particularly Dan. Tired or more emotional than they let on?
:22 - "This London apartment"
:27 - They've lived "just in this apartment" for half a decade.
:38 - Flashback pic to when they moved in.
:42 - Phil says Dan looks half-fetus-y.
1:04 - Phil does his hamster impression then gives Dan the biggest, brightest smile.
1:11 - Jumpcut after the hamster cage joke.
1:18 - First reason for moving: too much stuff.
1:21 - Let's play 'identify all the things in the clear carry on container.'
1:28 - Terrifying Dil head.
1:38 - Crate with flower crowns instead.
1:52 - Dan is up for minimalism. Phil needs his knick-knacks.
2:04 - Jumpcut after 'Dan is on fire' joke followed by reason two for moving out: triple noise attack
2:16 - "Phil, you just said we're being penetrated from three angles."
2:24 - Phil tapping the back of Dan's head to mimic the drill.
2:44 - Phil dreaming about frolicking with a (gender neutral) celebrity.
3:23 - Phil suggests it's babies being born, Dan just shrugs and nods as if accepting it
3:28 - Third reason: walls are thin. (I definitely expected this to go in the 'I can hear Dan pacing in his room at night when I'm trying to sleep' direction and then it totally didn't.)
3:38 - Strange noises downstairs, phone goes off and is never answered to the left, through the wall from the gaming channel is a bedroom.
4:22 - Final reason: imminent collapse.
4:34 - [crack-cam] probably a video frame effect they already had for personal use.
4:33 - Crack in Phil's room. (Phil: My bedroom.)
4:37 - Crack in Dan's room. (Dan: My bedroom.)
4:48 - Crack in the lounge.
5:07 - Internet is Terrible parody singalong
5:36 - [2013 mouse-cam]
5:44 - I love that they love mice.
5:54 - Reminscing in the flat, starting with Phil's bedroom. (Dan: Phil, talk to us about the bedroom.)
6:00 - Wicker bed.
6:10 - Broken slats. Impressive, guys.
6:15 - Props chest. (Dan: This is just making me panic.)
6:30 - Competition between them to jump and touch the ceilings.
6:41 - Shot of messy clothing with no explanation where in Phil's room it is.
6:44 - Dan at the piano, confirms he's going to buy another one.
6:58 - Phil: Pleaaaaase tell me you're not taking the butt chair. (Does Phil have insecurity issues because his butt is not as defines as the butt chair? Sad.)
7:02 - Dan: This video background is coming with me.
7:09 - Phil: I think it needs more houseplants. Dan: A plant. That's Phil's request. (And then the cutest look to the side and smile from Dan.)
7:15 - Phil acts like he's going to open the drawer under Dan's bed. I wasn't aware this existed.
7:18 - Anxious ramble from Dan before he asks Phil to stop filming, Phil immediately does.
7:24 - Phil films Dan lying on the ground.
7:35 - Unnecessary pan across Dan's crotch.
7:36 - Glass kitchen door.
7:51 - They're keeping the sofa. Don't actually understand why. Did they just have some super memorable orgasms on it or something? Only plausible excuse.
7:56 - They will not miss the coffee table. Lengthy ramble about the injuries they got from it. Are they aware they could have replaced it sooner?
8:15 - Green paint from the DAPC video.
8:20 - Gaming room. Dan's posture in the chair is really cute.
8:36 - Bathroom. Dan has a cross-stitched ornament a fan gave him that is based on this tweet.
8:40 - So many stairs, so many stairs.
9:07 - Starts off with Dan looking to the side, dimple on display. Phil confirms they are staying in the London and keeping most of their stuff, just moving somewhere with more space.
9:10 - Dan and Phil both agreeing that they won't miss the place.
9:25 - Phil's smile over the next few seconds. He's so damn happy.
9:33 - They seemed to have made moving before summer a goal.
9:44 - Phil says he's not sad because he's taking his stuff with him. (Dan. He means Dan. He's taking Dan.)
9:54 - Flashback to wardrobe video.
10:08 - Dan says new place will look exactly the same but in a new building.
10:18 - "Such an ugly bed." Dan has a lot of opinions about... Phil's.... bed.
10:28 - Phil: And I will see you... in the new place. (that's not me you hear quietly sobbing, I swear.)
fakelights
living flop

Can I join the people freaking out?!

Even though I was 80% sure they were moving and expecting to watch their next liveshows to try to figure out if it was true, this came as a surprise. After Dan's tweet today my mind went straight to "lower your expectations!!!! it'll be something silly/ditl/merch/anything else" lmao Great thing they can still surprise me, I guess :D (I discovered the news while in class and had to go to the bathroom to have a private freak out it was ridiculous yes)

Now I'm reeeeally excited for them and to catch some glimpses of the new place.
get a dog
Ashling Rae
*editing tips*

That video was everything I ever dreamed it would be.. Which is saying something as I wrote a very corny phanfic about this very possibility.
captainspacecoat
stress mushroom

Well that was literally the best possible thing I could have woken up to!! Excuse me freaking out hours after everyone else, but holy shitttttttttt

As much as I highly suspected they were moving, I thought it was way too good to be true and figured if they were they wouldn't tell us for a while. I'm so so so happy for them, this is the best news ever and I am

I feel like I don't really have any profound thoughts, just that that video was so lovely and warm, and I'm so happy that they're moving into their third (!!) place together, and also I need them to come to my house and capture the mouse that has been terrorising my family for the past week since they apparently love them so much.

As much as I'm so excited for them to move, I am a little bit emotional/nostalgic about the old flat as they'd only just moved in when I first discovered them. They've grown and matured and flourished over the past five years and so have I, I can't wait to see what this next chapter brings. That is all
sugar
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: they/them

thephandommenace wrote: They also need time to set up their new place, settle in and make it pretty. This is such a small thing but I really hope they can paint the walls whatever colour they want and customise their new place to their hearts' desire so we can see a truer reflection (if possible) of their tastes and aesthetics
this! this this this!!!! dan loves designing rooms in the sims (and club penguin ) so i really hope that they get to go all out in their new place. i think about that moment in the sims that dan wanted to make all the floors black marble and he was like 'this would be my house' because that is also my aesthetic and i want him to achieve that dream :D or really whatever they want to do, i think they both have pretty decent taste and i hope we get to see more of their new place than just their filming backgrounds
coffeepenguin wrote:Two things though: some people commented about how they were glad there was no "no homoing", but I took Phil's "fantasy about frolicking with a celebrity" thing as a definite "no phano", and not at all typical for Phil in that (also, notice the gender neutral wording). I'll console myself with a definite absence of any reference to Dan actually sleeping in his bedroom where he supposedly has a not shitty bed, only to him filming videos there.
maybe it's just me but i found the comment about the window and the neighbors seeing "a lot of butts" to be like the exact opposite of a no homo/antiphan comment. mainly because neither of them tried to correct themselves and dan didn't say anything like 'phil...really'. i thought that was much more persuasive than phils celebrity comment. even if i'm in a relationship i still fantasize about certain celebrities.

i can't remember if it's already been mentioned but in addition to dan's room being talked about only in reference to filming, dan referred to phil's room as 'the bedroom'. as soon as i heard it i had to rewind. i can't think of a situation in which i would refer to someone else's room as 'the bedroom' and not 'your bedroom' or 'phil's bedroom' but maybe that's just me!
Amortaentia wrote:
awsugar wrote:[offtopic]
phil singing welcome to the black parade had me in tears. mcr is my favorite band of all time and coincidentally i was gone because i spent 4 nights following their rhythm guitarist on tour for his solo project
[/offtopic]
[offtopic]
Hi! I'm sorry for being lame but same... MCR is also my favorite band and I almost cried when Phil was singing WTTBP ;;;; it was like my worlds collided, lmao... did you see Frank 4 nights in a row?? I'm so jealous! I've seen him twice (once with the MCR and the other with FIATC) but it was pretty much the best thing ever and I still can't get over it >.<
[/offtopic]
[offtopic]
yes, i did see frank 4 nights in a row! it was amazing but he's sick and spit in my eye the first night and now i have the plague basically. worth it though.

i think it's so interesting how much overlap there is in the phandom with people who listen to mcr and bands they're associated with like panic and fall out boy. i do see similarities in the fandoms,
though. both are very engaged and dedicated. mcr are still incredibly popular and still gaining lots of fans even though they broke up 3 years ago. i wonder if that means the same for dan and phil,
if people will keep talking about them like this even when they inevitably move on from youtube/aren't in the public eye quite as much.
[/offtopic]
crash[]
butt chair

Posting in a legendary thread.

I have way too much HGDKFJNVDKLCS going on in my heart to articulate what I'm feeling, so here's what I can manage right now:
  • THEY DID THAT
  • HOLY SHIT THEY DID THAT
  • I can't believe they did that
  • Phan is real wtf I knew it all along :^)
Or, I'll copy paste my rambly Tumblr post.
Dan and Phil are not the average RPS ship. As someone who makes it no secret that I’m against tinhatting, confirmation bias, and delirious theorizing (Seriously, just ask anyone in the PDC GC and they can back this up lul): Dan and Phil are dating. There’s no room for reasonable doubt at this point in time.

This isn’t obvious from a casual fan’s point of view (or if you’ve already decided what hill you’re dying on and “Phan is real” isn’t it), but if you’re in either camp, hear me out (Or don’t, totally up to you).

Most, if not nearly all, Phan theories are drenched in societal norms and assumptions. “Phil’s 30 and is making the conscious decision to continue living with his platonic roommate? Nuh uh, honey”, “Two straight men would not willingly dress themselves up in pastel”, “They’re both bi and living together? There’s no way they haven’t banged!” are a small sampling of the many, many of these types of theories you’ll find in the Phandom. And all of them miss the point entirely.

I want to offer that people, both shippers and non-shippers, think about it like this instead: Dan and Phil are inseparable. This isn’t considering their “I never go outside lul!!1!” brands that they’ve developed, where by process of elimination, they would be in each other’s companies constantly. No, this is considering all the times where they didn’t have to be together, but were anyway. This is considering the Isle of Man trips, the movies, the friend gatherings, the restaurant outings, the weddings. This is about every facet of their personal lives being so deeply intertwined with each other that it seems strange for them to not be at each other’s side.

All of this can be excused as “best friends”, because honestly, best friends are also inseparable! Best friends can have a deep connection, just like what I described. But today was like a confirmation. Not of “dating”, but of their willingness to never leave each other.

Dan and Phil are moving. Out of the London flat and into somewhere new. Together. After living with each other for five years, where an opportune time arises for change, they both decided to stick together. Looking at this situation by itself is no big deal, of course. But, put it in the bigger picture of Dan and Phil. Where we know that they were long distance friends, clamoring to meet with each other every chance they got. Where Dan stayed at Phil’s flat more than his dorm room in Manchester. Where they tried to hide their past in a plea for privacy. Where they’ve traveled the world together. Always together.

Dan and Phil are not the average RPS ship. As someone who has seen many RPS ships rise due to chemistry, then sink due to external problems, Dan and Phil are not that. RPS ships die because, eventually, the ship have significant others, or the shippers are shot down by the ship, or the ship stop hanging out with each other like they used to. The fact that Dan and Phil have never had s/o’s since meeting each other, have never shot down Phan shippers (unless they were demons), have never once moved on from each other says something.

Dan and Phil are inseparable. And they’re dating.
It's been a good day.

Fellow demons, I raise my glass.
bluntedclaws
rainbow nerd

Add me to the excited voices! I was genuinely not all that surprised by the announcement as I was already about 95% convinced they were moving but the video was really sweet and I'm so happy that they seem excited about their new place. I can't wait for the first glimpses of it and for everyone here to put their detective hats (back) on and try to piece together the layout of the new place. (I hope it's a house but really I don't care as long as they're happier there.)
Last edited by bluntedclaws on Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sorry if I say something wrong. My first language is sarcasm. I've never really learned English
mamaphan
delia smith

Hello loves

It took me like 10x to remember my password to log in.
I am so frickin happy for Dan and Phil. They are just marching twards their goals and making their dreams come true. It's amazing all they have achieved in these past years together.

I don't feel like them moving in together is like poof of somthing. That being said I do think they are soul mates and they are each others person, but you don't need any proof to see they love eachother (however they want to define it)
I would love to have a best friend that I was building a life with and that I enjoyed spending time with. If I had what they have I wouldn't want to go live by myself.
I loved when Phil was like I am not sad about moving cause all my things are coming with me and my heart melted a bit cause no matter where he goes as long as Dan is there then it is home.

I have missed talking in here with you all and hello to everyone I don't know. Maybe now that I remember my password I will try to stop in more often.

Love and Hugs
Last edited by mamaphan on Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
NoOneWantsATortoise
squish

PINOF 9 in yet a new location, I'm ready lads. Why not also throw it back to the days of sitting on the floor in celebration of this occasion? Perhaps to calm your excited new pup? I'm literally just posting to be a part of THE thread when it finally happened soz.
karma_yeah
philussy

First, I just want to say how happy, happy, HAPPY I am for them (did I mention that I'm really happy for them?!)

tldr

But tbh, I'm not "shook", or in shock, or surprised, or anything. For the last couple of months they've been dropping hints that we've talked about a number of times on IDB .

When the kitchen was notably absent of countertop appliances in the Easter baking video, and Dan did his ls from his bed, it was pretty much a no-brainer. Of course, with them there's always a 1-5% of doubt and ambiguity, but still, it seemed pretty obvious, to me anyway).

And I also never doubted they were moving together. I would have been shocked if they had moved separately (a theory I think someone has already proposed. (I would insert an eye roll, but i wasn't sure if it was sarcasm or not and I don't want to insult anyone or hurt their feelings -- it's also a possibility)

When my daughter showed me one of their videos for the first time, I said, "You know they're a couple, right?" and I've been ever since. Not gonna say I never wavered, because I have (damn you bedgate and DITL Australia), but they truly do act like an old married couple: the giddy goo-goo, ga-ga phase DOES end, and then real life begins. And for a few really lucky folks, they've "married" their best friend/soul mate/partner, whatever you want to call it. definitely = relationship goals!

I know there are folks out there who are gonna say "it doesn't prove anything", "they're just doing it for business purposes", "they don't want to live alone, but they aren't together", etc, etc, and that's fine, really, it's ok. Everyone is entitled to their beliefs.

But did I mention how really happy I am for them?!!

(okay, you can ban me for over use of emojis)
What goes around, comes around Image
CallMeAyana
cheeky #spon
Pronouns: Phan Trash

I can happily die now
hophigh
squish

hey guys!!! i've been gone for quiiittteeeee a while but obviously i had to come back for this!!!!

i'm so happy rn! i'm so glad they're happy!! i'm so glad everyone here is happy!!!!

i noticed that a lot of people are saying that they saw this whole thing coming? i personally had no clue. it just went right over my head i guess! if i may, what gave it away for you guys? were they dropping hints that i just completely missed? was i just not paying attention to obvious signs? how'd you guys figure it out?
kattsand
smol bean

Holy fuck, you guys were right. I have no words how the fuck.
sugar
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: they/them

hophigh wrote:hey guys!!! i've been gone for quiiittteeeee a while but obviously i had to come back for this!!!!

i'm so happy rn! i'm so glad they're happy!! i'm so glad everyone here is happy!!!!

i noticed that a lot of people are saying that they saw this whole thing coming? i personally had no clue. it just went right over my head i guess! if i may, what gave it away for you guys? were they dropping hints that i just completely missed? was i just not paying attention to obvious signs? how'd you guys figure it out?
i think it was a combination of a bunch of things! first of all, people knew that their lease ends in may and when they started making comments about the flat and complaining about it i think people started to think that they might end up moving this year. like the gas leak issue, complaining about not having enoguh storage. i think that sort of sparked the idea.

also when dan said in a liveshow 'in 6 months ask me about that one week in march' or something along those lines about how busy he was, people sort of linked it to the possibility of them moving.

then it was things like dan saying he was 'relocating' the wirrow painting and wanting a new video backdrop and all of his decorations in his room missing from his liveshow, almost all of their kitchen stuff mysteriously missing from the easter baking video, continuously talking about wanting a dog that made people think that they were most likely moving.

THEN it was their 2 day event in australia that for some reason meant they were going to take multiple weeks off of liveshows.

all of this stuff (and probably more that isn't coming to my head right now) i think like combined made a pretty compelling case for them moving.
fancybum
senpai

hophigh wrote: i noticed that a lot of people are saying that they saw this whole thing coming? i personally had no clue. it just went right over my head i guess! if i may, what gave it away for you guys? were they dropping hints that i just completely missed? was i just not paying attention to obvious signs? how'd you guys figure it out?
Just a tiny smattering of hints from the past few months in liveshows:
Dan:
"2016 was a really crazy year for me and Phil, and we want 2017 to be a lot more chill, a lot more YT focused. So now that I’ve done my first YT video, Phil’s done his, we’re gonna do some gaming videos on DanAndPhilGAMES and then we’re just going to do some life things: sort out the tumblr, get a new YT banner, and yeah, should be cool. ‘Get some storage’ said [chat], yes, get some storage, that literally is on the agenda. Find out if there’s a better way to live and have loads of crap at the same time"

(chat) Cool buzzsaw outside your house
“There’s these people behind mine and Phil’s apartment”
“So if you wanna see what’s ruining our lives at the moment, check out Phil’s twitter"

“The drills started outside the next morning [after the Oscars]. So I went to bed at 6 and the drills outside my bedroom started at 8”

Phil:
"I woke up with a massive headache at like 8am, probably from the drills outside."

(about the giant box of lens wipes he just bought) “Where am I even gonna put this? I do not have a place in the house for this amount of glasses wipes"

(chat) Oh my gosh you need to move what is even happening
"I know!” “What’s gonna happen next, which is the scary thing, is that now this has been fixed, if it happens again, which is very likely, they will have to replace the entire gaswork of this house and outside on the street. And, if that happens, we won’t have any hot water or be able to cook anything for 3 weeks. So I’m just dreading that that’s gonna happen now, ‘cause if that happens it’s just going to ruin our lives.”

Ooh and one of them mentioned not caring about their damage deposit anymore, but I can't find the quote. This isn't even the tip of the iceberg.
Basically just lots of not-that-subtle (and constant!) complaints about lack of storage, the street noises/drilling, the gas leak, and not being sure of their availability around ~this time (coming up on the general time of when they've mentioned their lease renewals in previous years). Will people finally accept that D&P literally do drop snippets of information intentionally and over time to clue the audience in to things they want to convey........... We're not all (entirely) crazy and it feels good
Last edited by fancybum on Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me