Dan & Phil Part 43: I'll touch you when I please

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Ashling Rae
*editing tips*
Pronouns: she/her

Now that I've watched this video 3 times, I feel like I have a bit more to say explicitly. Though everyone else here has already said all the cheesy implications.
I am, honestly, living for the fact that they're moving somewhere together. They know that this is some sort of commitment. They wouldn't move together if they had any thoughts on leading separate lives anytime soon. Not that I really needed this to confirm that, but it is still wonderful to have confirmation.
I'm in full on can't-wait-to-see-the-new-place mode. I'm not sure what of it they will show us, and I too am skeptical that we'd get an actual tour. But still part of me is kind of hoping that there will be subtle hints that they're going to be living their lives a bit differently than before. I have a dream that Phil will still shoot his videos on his bed, but that Dan maybe just doesn't ever show us his bed in the new place..
I realized this morning that yesterday I got 2 new nephews also but was more excited about this news and now I feel like shyt.
Oh, btw, how does everyone feel knowing that now our TABINOF books are going to have a floor plan for some random person's flat in them forever? That's either super weird, OR a nice little way for us to always have a connection to the home that saw so much growth between the two.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

The video was a nice surprise, glad we weren't all just nuts anticipating it and sweet to see around the flat once more. All the boxes at the end was a bit empty and sad, but I was sadder to hear how much they'd come to hate the place with all its problems. Really intrigued to see the new place. I must have been really tired and achey last night (sciatic nerves had been squashed and took hours to chill), I liked the video well enough last night, but I found the first half of it really funny this morning.
uglyamerican
woodland creature

kuensukki wrote:also excuse me for being active but its been a while but this picture is so adorable to me (sorry if its been discussed but ive been on idb vacation). I know stalkers are horrible *jazz hands ethics* but their matching dad bodies give me such a (excuse my demon) long term relationship feel. Also they are literally mirroring each other in every way from the shorts to the posture and its so beautiful that I sometimes have to look back at it on my phone

(i couldnt find the original source)
Dan has embraced proper shorts (OK, maybe not...)
obliviongrace
*editing tips*

I had weird dreams last night about Dan and Phil announcing they were moving with some crazy video that had them flying around their apartment on like magic brooms or something I've never dreamed about deppy before, but I think it was just from the intensity of the day.... And the result of that was I woke up this morning genuinely thinking the entire moving announcement had been a dream. I had to come online to re-orient myself, and then went through like all the emotions all over again. It's so exciting/crazy this is happening now. And also, I'm sleep deprived.
AmazingOCD
glabella

OH MY GOD OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!!

I got the notification when out at dinner and at a dance. I squeaked. :wtf: There were looks. My friends think I'm crazy.
Didn't get to watch it until 2 in the morning. I happily cried myself to sleep.
I loved all the reminiscing about the things that were wrong with the flat!

I'm still processing everything but I'm just so godamm happy for Deppy!
I agree with the earlier posts that this has really quashed my doubts (not that there were any) about their relationship. This is the closest thing that we will ever get to a coming out IMO.

Like, before anyone bites my head off, who would move house with their best friend three times? And who have been living together for seven years? I'm total trash

The antis are diminishing by the hour

RIP LONDON FLAT
It's a good thing to be strange. Normalness leads to sadness - Phil Lester
autumnhearth
senpai

Reizam wrote:kuensukki what a lovely post :sobs: totally sums up my feelings about these two dorks and how far they've come including the need for Phil to change his concealer.

As mentioned here earlier, I also hope for a subtle rebrand with the new place and for them to continue the progress they've made this past year. Regardless, I'm very excited for what is to come during these next few months.
Ditto. Kuen's post had me tearing up. I'm so glad I joined. I was really wary of engaging with "the Phandom" but you all are so lovely.

Subtle rebranding yes! I know I could just do some video invistigating (and I will ) but did their current color block (and grey block) bedding start when they moved to the London flat? I know Phil had his similarly colored but triangle shape duvet at his parents house and in the first Manchester flat. And I remember Dan having a plain black duvet when they moved into the second one. Someone recently mentioned the most recent ones were from IKEA? Tell me more about bedding please!
nephilimcat
woodland creature

I really love how we are all excited together It's nice reading all the posts that are basically people losing their shit and then some quite emotional ones as well.
obliviongrace wrote:I had weird dreams last night about Dan and Phil announcing they were moving with some crazy video that had them flying around their apartment on like magic brooms or something I've never dreamed about deppy before, but I think it was just from the intensity of the day.... And the result of that was I woke up this morning genuinely thinking the entire moving announcement had been a dream. I had to come online to re-orient myself, and then went through like all the emotions all over again. It's so exciting/crazy this is happening now. And also, I'm sleep deprived.
Omg, me too! I had a dream in which they had an ugly house with a shitty fence and they kept filming the front of the house and the street and I was like "No, don't do that, people will stalk you!" As if anyone needs to remind them of stalkers I think I've only ever had a dream with them in it once, but I am not surprised it happened after that video.
pulvis et umbra sumus
SquishPhan
capita£ester

Still really excited for them.
Birdie
blobfish
Pronouns: they/them

I laughed so hard when I saw that video pop up in my subscription box. You guys would all make amazing detectives, do you know that? I gotta say, I didn't believe the moving theories until that baking video when the kitchen looked so empty. Y'all understood what was going on way quicker than I did!
nephilimcat wrote:I really love how we are all excited together It's nice reading all the posts that are basically people losing their shit and then some quite emotional ones as well.
obliviongrace wrote:I had weird dreams last night about Dan and Phil announcing they were moving with some crazy video that had them flying around their apartment on like magic brooms or something I've never dreamed about deppy before, but I think it was just from the intensity of the day.... And the result of that was I woke up this morning genuinely thinking the entire moving announcement had been a dream. I had to come online to re-orient myself, and then went through like all the emotions all over again. It's so exciting/crazy this is happening now. And also, I'm sleep deprived.
Omg, me too! I had a dream in which they had an ugly house with a shitty fence and they kept filming the front of the house and the street and I was like "No, don't do that, people will stalk you!" As if anyone needs to remind them of stalkers I think I've only ever had a dream with them in it once, but I am not surprised it happened after that video.
I gotta admit, so did I which surprised me since I have never dreamt about celebrities before. But I guess watching the video right before bed and then reading everyone's excited posts kept my brain busy. I dreamt they moved to Highgate, London and I was for some reason allowed into the house? I don't remember a lot about it though. I guess half the dream was excitement about the news and the other half was me missing Highgate.
Last edited by Birdie on Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Laney
drama llama

SquishPhan wrote: Still really excited for them.
Honestly, I'm not getting over this in a long long long long long time
hunnyftw
phabergé

Me too. But this tweet reminded me about one sad thing in this ocean of happiness: for me at least, moving is the worst. I mean Actual Hell with 100 devils dancing around and poking you with thousands of sharp objects. Really wouldn't wish that process on my worst enemy. So now I feel a little bit sorry for them But also excited. But also sorry.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

hunnyftw wrote:
Me too. But this tweet reminded me about one sad thing in this ocean of happiness: for me at least, moving is the worst. I mean Actual Hell with 100 devils dancing around and poking you with thousands of sharp objects. Really wouldn't wish that process on my worst enemy. So now I feel a little bit sorry for them But also excited. But also sorry.
My theory is that they packed up basically throughout March, were fully packed by the time they left for Singapore and had the movers come in and relocate things while they were gone (hence the post-it notes on everything saying what room it needed to go to). So at least they were probably spared the actual relocation, even if unpacking is just a slightly less excruciating level of hell.
/fɪl lɛstɚ/
sad dimple

They have so much crap to move and I really pity them for it. I'm currently really anxious because I have to pack up all my stuff in my 12 x 15 dorm room soon and I bet I have about an eighth of the crap they have.
But once the packing is over and they are settled in, I'm sure they will feel much better!
I am always on Phil Lester's side
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

gnostic wrote:
swofro wrote:So a few hours have past and I have calm down (not really lol) and I want to share phanarts I see on twitter

New Dan meme of 2017 Most people here 2012-2017
LMAO the first one's great but the second one is representative of my current confusion. While I didnt expect the moving out video, I thought most everyone here was confident in their sleuthing and sure Deps were moving. I was...surprised by emotional intensity of reaction

But then it brought some familiar faces back so I am not complaining

Btw it says something about how much of lazy shits are if with all their money they cant be arsed to fix basic things like the bed or table
In the last day, I believe the best summation of the phandom's reaction I saw was this:

Nobody's really surprised. (If anything, I think you and a few others would be, given your resolute stance on the matter beforehand.) But moving means more than moving for Dan and Phil and I think we know that and they know that.
I'm not sorry.
I think what's more surprising, or rather, what feels so great and exciting and overwhelming about this is their announcement of it. We've all gotten so used to just guessing at big life things and things that are personal to them. We've unwittingly accepted that we're not going to get much insight into their personal lives. I mean, I was honestly expecting a new place to just quietly happen with maybe a few mentions in a live-show and at the start of a video with a new background. Instead what we got was a hilarious walk down memory lane via apartment complaints and what felt like a confirmation of their commitment to each other. (This sounds more marital than I mean it to.)

I realize I'm reaching a bit. But there's no place in the video where they so much as even tried to explain away the fact that they're moving into a new place together again. We're not even given the opportunity or bullshit excuses to question the fact that they're in it for the long haul. I think that's what's so great. I think that's part of why everyone's lost their shit a bit.

Plus, it's not every day that such big things happen in a fandom. This is where you get to have fun!

Also. Phil's tweet? Living for more domestic anecdotes.
hunnyftw
phabergé

dizzy, I totally agree that this is what they've done (was just too lazy to type it out myself ) but it doesn't change a lot because, as you've said, packing and unpacking is also horrific. Especially when you've got as much miscellaneous crap as they do.
*side note* they're still incredibly lucky and I'm very excited for them. this is not a woe is them post *side note out*

/fɪl lɛstɚ/ (great username!) you'll probably find that you've accumulated way more things than you would ever think possible. BUT you will survive it and be proud of yourself for doing so! :platonic:
uglyamerican
woodland creature

alittledizzy wrote:
hunnyftw wrote:
My theory is that they packed up basically throughout March, were fully packed by the time they left for Singapore and had the movers come in and relocate things while they were gone (hence the post-it notes on everything saying what room it needed to go to). So at least they were probably spared the actual relocation, even if unpacking is just a slightly less excruciating level of hell.
Yea, this is what I theorized as well (explains why they were *so busy* / tired just prior to departing eastward.) They've probably been unpacking since they got back. If they announced before they actually made the move, the stalkers with neighborhood intel would have staked out their flat, and tailed the moving van. Better to let their management / family supervise the move while they were distracting the Phandom in Asia.
Last edited by uglyamerican on Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sweetmm
angel bean
Pronouns: She/Her

Do you guys recall a poster here that told us she was staying near their old place and she saw moving truck/van as she was walking by their place; maybe they had started their move then.

We know they pre-film lots of videos and all the videos churned out these past few weeks may be taken ages ago. We can only be sure the last time they been at their old place was during the liveshow.
flurry
living flop

Reading all your posts here made me smile so much today!

The video was amazing?! The first thing I thought of was you guys and your psychic predictions. I can't believe that they have actually hyped something and the video fulfilled/surpassed our expectations! I do agree that they seemed very red-eyed at the beginning - and the more they assert their supposed nonchalance about moving the more I feel that it's further from what they actually feel

Anyhow, I've seen that video about three times now and it still warms me up all the way down to my toes. It's so cozy and fuzzy wuzzy warmth and I love it! They were so natural and relaxed about sharing their move and how their old flat is like. I started watching in 2011 when they first moved to London so it's like watching them hit another milestone and journeying with them onto the next stage of their lives! I feel so proud for some weird reason.

Also I always thought the flat looked very large and airy and spacious from their filming angles but now when they show it I realise it's quite cramped and cluttered? No wonder they called it a hamster cage! Sounds like they want to move to a quieter place that's a bit off the main road since they always complain about buses and traffic noise.

Still waiting for the Singapore DITL though (are we never satisfied haha) - but that's because it would personally mean SO much to me to see my tiny tiny island on their channel.

One comment suggested a DITL in IKEA - which would be frankly too amazing; I love watching people decorate their houses - interior decor is one of my fav things to indulge in.
obliviongrace
*editing tips*

This is pages ago now, but I went back and re-read what I missed while I was asleep and kuensukki's post made me teary. I really do find this fandom to be quite a warm place to be (once you've found your niche), and these past six months have been full of a rollercoaster of emotions it feels like. I am personally someone who dislikes change and is dangerously nostalgic, but I am also looking forward to the new developments that come out of this move, and I am thankful that we got such a warm announcement video. Like, the whole vibe of that video to me was just warmth and happiness and that is so wonderful. I've never cared as much about whether or not deppy are dating or in a romantic relationship because what they are already proven to have (a loving, caring friendship) has always been enough to me, but the warmth in this video was just off the charts in terms of comfort and familiarity and we've-got-this-life-ahead-of-us.

Also, my big takeaway was what alittedizzy wrote in her timestamps about when Phil said he wasn't going to miss the old apartment because he is taking all his stuff with him. True, but I think it's not too much of a reach to say that really it's because he's taking Dan. They've got each other. How sappy is that?
blackdenim
procrastinator

sweetmm wrote:Do you guys recall a poster here that told us she was staying near their old place and she saw moving truck/van as she was walking by their place; maybe they had started their move then.

We know they pre-film lots of videos and all the videos churned out these past few weeks may be taken ages ago. We can only be sure the last time they been at their old place was during the liveshow.
That was me! My office is round the corner and my dad's house is round the other corner to the flat so I was walking past every day at one point.

I don't actually think it was their moving van because a used furniture shop then opened up on the same block about a week later haha so it was probably unloading stock into there.
sweetmm
angel bean
Pronouns: She/Her

blackdenim wrote:
sweetmm wrote:Do you guys recall a poster here that told us she was staying near their old place and she saw moving truck/van as she was walking by their place; maybe they had started their move then.

That was me! My office is round the corner and my dad's house is round the other corner to the flat so I was walking past every day at one point.

I don't actually think it was their moving van because a used furniture shop then opened up on the same block about a week later haha so it was probably unloading stock into there.
Thanks for clarifying :D
opendoor
rainbow nerd

Someone gifed Dan making a funny face in the mirror when he was filming Phil.
credit to heckdan.tumblr.com
Reminds me of the face when he was talking about Phil's pillow in the TATINOF documentary.
(I think I managed to embed a gif and no one died)
I miss Dan Howell's stupid face.
malday
emo goose

Phil liked this :')

edit: is she the person that hired them for the bbc radio?
gnostic
stress mushroom

rizzo wrote:
gnostic wrote:
swofro wrote:So a few hours have past and I have calm down (not really lol) and I want to share phanarts I see on twitter

New Dan meme of 2017 Most people here 2012-2017
LMAO the first one's great but the second one is representative of my current confusion. While I didnt expect the moving out video, I thought most everyone here was confident in their sleuthing and sure Deps were moving. I was...surprised by emotional intensity of reaction

But then it brought some familiar faces back so I am not complaining

Btw it says something about how much of lazy shits are if with all their money they cant be arsed to fix basic things like the bed or table
In the last day, I believe the best summation of the phandom's reaction I saw was this:

Nobody's really surprised. (If anything, I think you and a few others would be, given your resolute stance on the matter beforehand.) But moving means more than moving for Dan and Phil and I think we know that and they know that.
I'm not sorry.
I think what's more surprising, or rather, what feels so great and exciting and overwhelming about this is their announcement of it. We've all gotten so used to just guessing at big life things and things that are personal to them. We've unwittingly accepted that we're not going to get much insight into their personal lives. I mean, I was honestly expecting a new place to just quietly happen with maybe a few mentions in a live-show and at the start of a video with a new background. Instead what we got was a hilarious walk down memory lane via apartment complaints and what felt like a confirmation of their commitment to each other. (This sounds more marital than I mean it to.)

I realize I'm reaching a bit. But there's no place in the video where they so much as even tried to explain away the fact that they're moving into a new place together again. We're not even given the opportunity or bullshit excuses to question the fact that they're in it for the long haul. I think that's what's so great. I think that's part of why everyone's lost their shit a bit.

Plus, it's not every day that such big things happen in a fandom. This is where you get to have fun!

Also. Phil's tweet? Living for more domestic anecdotes.
Why would I be surprised? I was staunchly pro moving theory since its inception and entertained the thought of them moving away from each other for about 2 hours

But I guess reading this I can appreciate where the feelz come from so thank you . I suppose I was also pleasantly suprised they up and made a video to talk about it, and what a heartfelt video it was
Just here for the marketing skills
captainspacecoat
stress mushroom

malday wrote:Phil liked this :')

edit: is she the person that hired them for the bbc radio?
Yes, I think so! I'm not sure of the exact role she played, but I know they were definitely friends/colleagues at the BBC. Phil is such a supportive friend, it makes me really happy that he liked that tweet

(also I'm still so excited for them moving, I can't wait to hear them talk a bit about it whenever the next live show is)