Dan & Phil Part 43: I'll touch you when I please

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
scientia
phabergé

malday wrote:
Waggle9007 wrote:
I thought the wall on the right was crooked but that's just a giant paper. what is it covering

high res picture
Is it just me or does the arm of the couch look dented/torn in this picture?
llion
living flop
Pronouns: she/her

scientia wrote:
malday wrote:
Waggle9007 wrote:
I thought the wall on the right was crooked but that's just a giant paper. what is it covering

high res picture
i... did not see that initially. well-loved? moving hazard? haha. i feel like i understand the need to keep the absolutely wrecked sofa though, comfy couches are like unicorns.
art credit: koreinkorein (thank you!)
malday
emo goose

confusedpanda wrote: does this mean they finally got they're dream of floor to ceiling windows??
but now the more I look at it, it looks like just a wall :sideeye: back to the
It doesn't have to be floor to ceiling windows, it could be a balcony door too.
confusedpanda
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: Her/she

fancy_nancy wrote:When did Dan post then delete a photo? I don't think I know about this
This did happen with the photo from today. A lot of us, myself included got notifications from ig saying dan posted but then when we clicked it, it wasn't there which caused some confusion with people. It took three minutes for the official photo to be posted, but I didn't see anyone making up with demon phannie theories in that time on my twitter feed so idk what this persons talking about?
Edit:
malday wrote:
confusedpanda wrote: does this mean they finally got they're dream of floor to ceiling windows??
but now the more I look at it, it looks like just a wall :sideeye: back to the
It doesn't have to be floor to ceiling windows, it could be a balcony door too.
That's also very possible! I can't believe that didn't cross my mind!
Last edited by confusedpanda on Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We're here, we're queer, we're filled with existential fear!
gif cred: pseudophan on tumblr
Bekah
tol bean

scientia wrote:
malday wrote:
Waggle9007 wrote:

high res picture
Looks like a black box to me. I'm pretty sure that part of the sofa doesn't have an arm.

Also I'm loving Dan's Sydney t-shirt.
DatCog
blobfish

I think the 'damage' on the edge of the sofa is Dan's space blanket (it has a white fleecy lining if I remember correctly) :)

Can't believe they took that sofa with them, I thought they didn't like it! Perhaps the white thing is just a temporary window covering while they sort out proper blinds or curtains. When we moved in to our current house, the previous owners, without telling us, took ALL the curtains with them so we had nothing to cover our windows for a few days.
pilotlight
#relatable
Pronouns: he/him

Dan's expression in that picture is me thinking about moving myself in the next few months. :( At least we don't have nearly as much stuff to move as they do.
AmazingOCD
glabella

It makes me so happy to see the Muse picture up on the wall! The nostalgia is already kicking in...

And the different coloured walls is so Deppy! Let's not forget that the former (old, sob) apartment was all white so this is brilliant! The splash of colour will make the videos blinding looking.

I'm on team creased window blind. i had a blind with that material in my bathroom and, without fail, it would be creased. Really annoying.

Can't wait to see how super-aesthetic Dan decorating skills will be if/when everything is finally revealed to us

Meanwhile I'll just return to screaming internally....
It's a good thing to be strange. Normalness leads to sadness - Phil Lester
Stakhanov
haru pillow
Pronouns: he / him

lurker wrote:all i can see is that it looks as if dan is floating...where are his legs

i can't believe they actually brought the sofa! i hope they go wild with decorating though, this is their chance to live their dreams, make everything symmetric, acquire cool decoration, make every window glass,...

also phil taking candids of dan even while they're in the middle of moving is so cute!
I have to know if levitating Dan is the new 2k17 branding. Where are his damn legs, it's not like they are tiny enough to disappear into the quantum universe...
Finding my own inarticulate prose
Weirding out strangers and laughing at those
Jaundiced and jaded, postured and posed
Not that we’re special it’s just that we’re
Closing in on a place where we might get to be
Living real people regularly
ananas
crusty sponge

Bekah wrote:
scientia wrote:
malday wrote:
Waggle9007 wrote:

high res picture
Looks like a black box to me. I'm pretty sure that part of the sofa doesn't have an arm.

Also I'm loving Dan's Sydney t-shirt.
Some random thoughts:
I think that is a black box on the sofa.
That seems like a curtain covering a window, there is kind of a faint silver line shining through the curtain.
In my opinion the colour of Dan's shirt kinda washes him out, not my colour of choice for him.. But then again maybe I'm just too used to seeing him wear black :)
I really hope we'll get to see more of the apartment soon. I think they'll delay showing more of it because of unpacking for a couple of weeks. :sideeye:
fancy_nancy
phabergé

AmazingOCD wrote:It makes me so happy to see the Muse picture up on the wall! The nostalgia is already kicking in...
same!!! I was terrified they would get rid of it
autumnhearth
senpai

Ooo! I love the grey wall and dark wood panel with the Muse cover on it. Very nice. I've got nothing re the potentional blinds, but that is definitely a long shiny rectangular box not a sofa arm. I think Dan's legs are bent behind him, i.e. he's kneeling, that sofa is very deep. I don't mind that it's there for now, but hopefully they will replace it down the road and get something more supportive for their posture. Love the pink Sydney shirt.

Speaking of Australia, re: the separate rooms, I thought it was a bit silly in ditl, but what really confounded me was in the making of TATINOF documentary when they had rooms on entirely separate floors of a hotel. Phil's room had drilling going on outside of it (go figure) and Dan had a big suite. Just why? Like I understand the separate bedrooms, sometimes you don't want to snuggle because it's hot, or one of you is sick (I would love an additional bed to sleep on in those cases). Plus having individual spaces and filming back drops. And I get maybe, maybe wanting a bit of space after being on the tour bus, but at the same time, that doesn't seem like them. Two queens is enough of an illusion. (I'm talking about the beds not the boys). Why does it always come back to beds!
/fɪl lɛstɚ/
sad dimple

I really like the accent wall they seem to have going on here. I'm a sucker for interior design.

What I do NOT like is that they have placed that ugly, destroyed couch near that beautiful wall... For the love of all that is good and holy, in the strange chance you are reading this deppy, I am begging you NOT to keep that couch. It might be comfortable but it is an eyesore and it will ruin the look of the whole room.
There's nothing as bad as moving into a new place or changing a room drastically and then keeping old furniture pieces that either don't match or are worn to shit (like that damn couch).

I just hate that couch I'm sorry.
I am always on Phil Lester's side
blackdenim
procrastinator

Why does everyone hate their sofa so much? It's just a normal sofa to me, like not particularly my style but not horrifically ugly either...!
/fɪl lɛstɚ/
sad dimple

blackdenim wrote:Why does everyone hate their sofa so much? It's just a normal sofa to me, like not particularly my style but not horrifically ugly either...!
I hate the sofa as it is now. I'm sure it was initially really nice. But that crease is such an eyesore to me. They ought to replace the cushions at least.
I am always on Phil Lester's side
saffarinda
truth bomb

The thing is, in DAPGOOSE they complained about the sofa so now I'm wondering whether they're keeping it because they like the sofa, or just for the "sofa crease" joke
25/04/2017 - #blessed
autumnhearth
senpai

Am I the only one who got a notification for a danisnotonfire (or maybe it was a danisnotinteresting) video called The End of an Era? But it is nowhere to be seen?!?!

Edit: Nevermind, it's just a "community post" reblogging the video and asking people to pay respects to the apartment. It just wasn't showing up on my iPad. Breathe Autumn, breathe.
chunchun
phillion/danosaur <//3

How far out does that couch go..where are Dan's legs...lmao

It's already so weird seeing this new background and knowing that's their new place. I can't believe I got so excited over some new walls. Anyways can't wait for more views/angles to see more of the interior design :p

edit: oh yeah really loving the pink Sydney shirt haha so not used to seeing Dan in anything like that!!
Artdefines06
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: She/They/Nothing

Hey all, I'm super behind, just wanted to say that I'm really happy for them and I hope they love their new place.

NGL, The first thing I thought when I saw that black panel was "feature wall!". I hope Phil is happy now. kinda wanna go watch all of the episodes of sims where they remodeled the house now lol.
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

blackdenim wrote:Why does everyone hate their sofa so much? It's just a normal sofa to me, like not particularly my style but not horrifically ugly either...!
I actually really like their sofa, it's got a bit to put your feet up on (great for having a nap), big enough arms to put your drinks/remote on plus it's a perfect colour.

The only things I've taken from the photos are:
1. I really want to see what the rest of the place looks like, damn them for teasing me.
2. Why didn't they put the Muse photo up at the same height as the Marvel pictures because that's really uneven and annoying.
3. Why have they put the bit of the sofa where Dan usually puts his feet up on down Phil's end? No more changes please my head cannot take anymore.

Also, just because I'm weird and I don't care. Did anyone else spend the day like "oh shit, I can't just imagine Dan and Phil in their flat anymore and this is a very strange feeling" because I did. Sometimes, my mind might just venture to the two of them in the old (sob) apartment and I imagine Dan in the office playing GW2 and Phil bumbling around making coffee in the kitchen and it's so easy to think of them doing it, whereas now my brain is just like "Dan and Phil are in the apartNOTHEYARENTANDYOUCANNOLONGERIMAGINETHIS". Woe, house/flat/whatever tour soon please so my brain can go back to normal.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

They're such teases with that pic, but from that their new place seems to look really nice.

I like that style of sofa, but they really don't have to settle for the cheap one they bought in five years ago that is now pretty worn out anymore. I hope they'll at least replace the pillows.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
malday
emo goose

The moving video is trending.

wonder if people taking the survey after seeing the video would answer the relationship question differently that before seeing it.
sweetmm
angel bean
Pronouns: She/Her

At least refurbish the sofa; after 5 years imagine not only the wear and tear but also the germs it accumulated as I don't think they ever sent it out for cleaning :?

I'm hoping they have a formal living room and maybe this old sofa is for another smaller area for just themselves to relax.
blackdenim
procrastinator

malday wrote:The moving video is trending.

wonder if people taking the survey after seeing the video would answer the relationship question differently that before seeing it.
I definitely would have! It's probably worth bearing in mind when the results are out.

Fair enough about the sofa. I guess I have low standards for furniture because I never thought it looked that bad, just like the cushions needed ruffling up (and the sofa at my dad's house is I think at least 30 years old and I can't remember the last time we properly cleaned it which is making me feel pretty gross now I'm thinking about it)

Edit:
missemma wrote: I actually really like their sofa, it's got a bit to put your feet up on (great for having a nap), big enough arms to put your drinks/remote on plus it's a perfect colour.
This is almost exactly how I feel about their sofa except the shape (boxy)/colour isn't what I personally would choose
llion
living flop

missemma wrote:Also, just because I'm weird and I don't care. Did anyone else spend the day like "oh shit, I can't just imagine Dan and Phil in their flat anymore and this is a very strange feeling" because I did. Sometimes, my mind might just venture to the two of them in the old (sob) apartment and I imagine Dan in the office playing GW2 and Phil bumbling around making coffee in the kitchen and it's so easy to think of them doing it, whereas now my brain is just like "Dan and Phil are in the apartNOTHEYARENTANDYOUCANNOLONGERIMAGINETHIS". Woe, house/flat/whatever tour soon please so my brain can go back to normal.
YES THIS! it's such a strange feeling. i mean i do have the image of them stumbling around over boxes with their gangly legs, but it's not the same. give me domestic comfort!!!
malday wrote:The moving video is trending.
i didn't even think of this, and that's a really interesting question. i would think maybe, at least some. it wouldn't have changed my answer but more solidified it, so i could see someone wavering being affected by it.