Dan & Phil Part 43: I'll touch you when I please

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
fancybum
senpai

Honestly I hope they don't do any tour beyond 'this room is where we're filming now'. I'm already stressed thinking about people hunting down their new address based on floor plans and then spreading it around. Even as curious as I am over meaningless details (2 bathrooms? 3 bedrooms? what floor?), I kind of also want to never know? Like what if they just took that shitty couch (that they have totally called uncomfortable in the past) to set up with other familiar knick knacks in a spare bedroom or den. Making a set for liveshows etc and keeping their new lounge (with new and comfortable furniture) offscreen along with everything else not deemed filming friendly. I'm into this idea on many levels, some of them just to watch the world burn.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

I'm quite sure Dan has said they ordered new cushions for the sofa at least once so they're not sitting on the same ones as in 2012.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

fancybum wrote:Honestly I hope they don't do any tour beyond 'this room is where we're filming now'. I'm already stressed thinking about people hunting down their new address based on floor plans and then spreading it around. Even as curious as I am over meaningless details (2 bathrooms? 3 bedrooms? what floor?), I kind of also want to never know? Like what if they just took that shitty couch (that they have totally called uncomfortable in the past) to set up with other familiar knick knacks in a spare bedroom or den. Making a set for liveshows etc and keeping their new lounge (with new and comfortable furniture) offscreen along with everything else not deemed filming friendly. I'm into this idea on many levels, some of them just to watch the world burn.
I think that's exactly what they've done. If Phil does do a liveshow this week (or when Dan does one next week, as he said he would, even though I'm dubious bc that's getting awfully close to those Playlist dates) I fully expect it to be sat on that sofa surrounded by familiar (to us) things... and that to be about all we see for a while.

And that actually sounds like a fun way to do it, to me. Let us get a feel for the new place through drips and trickles and irreverently framed instagram posts and liveshow anecdotes to prolong the fun and mystery of it for us and also maybe give them a while to enjoy actual privacy before the not-as-subtle-as-they-think fandom people start trying to 'bump into them' in their neighborhood.
karma_yeah
philussy

Now watch, they'll totally do the opposite and give us a home tour! Gotta say though, I'm curious and wouldn't mind a bit! Although I do think there will be a room that we never see (master bedroom).

I understand people's concern about phans figuring out where they live, but lbr, we're the biggest s around, and I know no one here will post it publicly, but some people will find out.

And eventually they will emerge into the great outdoors and be spotted. I don't think it's realistic to think no one will ever know where they live, and I think they know that. They aren't going to announce their address or anything, and will probably be "careful" when they film, but they are big boys and know what they are in for. And they are sharing it with us anyway
What goes around, comes around Image
mysterylovescompany
morning quiff

blackdenim wrote:
malday wrote:The moving video is trending.

wonder if people taking the survey after seeing the video would answer the relationship question differently that before seeing it.
I definitely would have! It's probably worth bearing in mind when the results are out.
I'm wondering this too! My phandom friend (whom i met for the first time at tatinof), has been a longtime phanplatonic/phanagnostic believer. Yesterday, she messaged me to tell me that she's now a phan believer because she promised herself, three years ago, 'if, when dan and phil move house again, they move together, i'll stop doubting and believe in phan'. She has been teetering on the edge for a little while, but this was the catalyst. I wonder how many other people were in the same situation.

Also, it's a bit ridiculous how happy i am that she's now a phan believer. I didn't want to be pushy but it's been entertaining to see her slowly fall deeper.
awkwardly
living flop

fancybum wrote:Honestly I hope they don't do any tour beyond 'this room is where we're filming now'. I'm already stressed thinking about people hunting down their new address based on floor plans and then spreading it around. Even as curious as I am over meaningless details (2 bathrooms? 3 bedrooms? what floor?), I kind of also want to never know? Like what if they just took that shitty couch (that they have totally called uncomfortable in the past) to set up with other familiar knick knacks in a spare bedroom or den. Making a set for liveshows etc and keeping their new lounge (with new and comfortable furniture) offscreen along with everything else not deemed filming friendly. I'm into this idea on many levels, some of them just to watch the world burn.
I kind of hoped they would do a small house tour .. side note: I do not understand how people could know where they moved from the inside of a house. I mean if it's already rented then surely it's not on any listings online anymore. but maybe I'm just too old and not a good sherlock. or more likely I don't feel bothered to look up in the first place. Just your post got me sad. cause I really looked forward to see the new house. But I guess that d&p might be thinking the same and not do a house tour.
At this point I don't care if they have 2 bedrooms set up or one. but I would be sad if I didn't see the 'real lounge' (if this is a fake one) and I want to see the kitchen and art on the walls and little decoration stuff (like I want to see the progress of the house being decorated and made their own, although that might be a bit too invasive hmmm but idk at least some small stuff.. I know I have to remind myself this is not a sims video. but you know. decorations and post it notes..) and where the new piano will be and I'm really looking forward to see the new space for filming gaming channel videos (which is inevitable to be seen at least that).
And I really want to know if they'll have a proper garden (cause I love gardens) but I know even if they have one they will never show it cause precisely what you wrote about possible stalkers. But just kind of I want them to have a garden and then a dog. yes.
~but the golden age is over
karma_yeah
philussy

Someone earlier questioned why Dan would promote AP's video, and I meant to just add my 2 cents and say "why not?". They are a package deal, so promoting Phil is promoting himself.

I was surprised they didn't post it on both their channels though. Or is that not a possibility (showing my age and ignorance of modern technology -- I can't even figure how to re-upload my avatar, ugh)
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

alittledizzy wrote:
I think that's exactly what they've done. If Phil does do a liveshow this week (or when Dan does one next week, as he said he would, even though I'm dubious bc that's getting awfully close to those Playlist dates) I fully expect it to be sat on that sofa surrounded by familiar (to us) things... and that to be about all we see for a while.

And that actually sounds like a fun way to do it, to me. Let us get a feel for the new place through drips and trickles and irreverently framed instagram posts and liveshow anecdotes to prolong the fun and mystery of it for us and also maybe give them a while to enjoy actual privacy before the not-as-subtle-as-they-think fandom people start trying to 'bump into them' in their neighborhood.
Here's my one sentence to say I get it and I agree and I even expect this out of them if we're being honest, but....

Y'all want me to lose my damn mind? I'm gonna develop a twitch thinking about how much of the new place I haven't seen yet, how they've designed it, what new furniture they got, where they're resting their tired little minds. So much time has been spent excited for this move, I never once considered the long and arduous cliff-hanger we'd be left on.

For my sanity's sake, I need more. I can't do this. Don't let me become the "this is fine" meme.
autumnhearth
senpai

karma_yeah wrote:Someone earlier questioned why Dan would promote AP's video, and I meant to just add my 2 cents and say "why not?". They are a package deal, so promoting Phil is promoting himself.

I was surprised they didn't post it on both their channels though. Or is that not a possibility (showing my age and ignorance of modern technology -- I can't even figure how to re-upload my avatar, ugh)
Re the original promotion, I'm with you. The video is both of their's, it's about them moving, it's about their old flat. They had to choose a chanel to initially post it to and that's fine, but it's also 100% appropriate for Dan to promote it, before, directly after and later via Twitter, Tumblr and as of about five hours ago through YouTube community something or other which I don't understand because I am old. All I know is that it would not work on my app, but did on my desktop. Shrug.

Re apartment tours verse slow bits revealed. I will happily take whatever they show us. But perhaps I am feeling warm and fuzzy from all the neurotransmitters that started firing when I read huphilpuff's fluffy fic "Candid" on Tumblr, inspired by Phil's "creepshot" of Dan. It's so lovely. https://huphilpuffs.tumblr.com/post/160031535046/candid
llion
living flop

rizzo wrote: Here's my one sentence to say I get it and I agree and I even expect this out of them if we're being honest, but....

Y'all want me to lose my damn mind? I'm gonna develop a twitch thinking about how much of the new place I haven't seen yet, how they've designed it, what new furniture they got, where they're resting their tired little minds. So much time has been spent excited for this move, I never once considered the long and arduous cliff-hanger we'd be left on.

For my sanity's sake, I need more. I can't do this. Don't let me become the "this is fine" meme.
i'm in the same place as you really. i understand they might not show us things in the same way they did before, but i really believe they're open enough people to at least give us something. at least a "decorating dan's filming background room" with a trip to ikea and phil begging for him to get houseplants. i was also really excited out of the gate for at least an informal tour, since it's been a bit of a tradition, but i'll take what they're comfortable with.

i don't understand how someone could possibly discover their address from seeing their rooms/guessing floor plans, but i'm a pretty passive stalker i guess. (i'm more speculate, less investigate) i'm also not sure why you would, but i won't get into that aspect. some people just take things way too far.

EDIT: i just read that fic and it was absolutely darling aw, i love the candid picture habit so much
Last edited by llion on Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
art credit: koreinkorein (thank you!)
karma_yeah
philussy

autumnhearth wrote:
karma_yeah wrote:Someone earlier questioned why Dan would promote AP's video, and I meant to just add my 2 cents and say "why not?". They are a package deal, so promoting Phil is promoting himself.

Re the original promotion, I'm with you. The video is both of their's, it's about them moving, it's about their old flat. They had to choose a chanel to initially post it to and that's fine, but it's also 100% appropriate for Dan to promote it, before, directly after and later via Twitter, Tumblr and as of about five hours ago through YouTube community something or other which I don't understand because I am old. All I know is that it would not work on my app, but did on my desktop. Shrug.

thanks so much for that! I feel better now :D

I really thought I had all my "feels" under control about the whole thing, but I was scrolling through the "Phan" tag on tumblr and someone made a post with pictures of PINOFs 2012-2017 and my heart went . Now I'm feeling all nostalgic. Damn you tumblr (LOL)
Ashling Rae
*editing tips*

autumnhearth wrote:But perhaps I am feeling warm and fuzzy from all the neurotransmitters that started firing when I read huphilpuff's fluffy fic "Candid" on Tumblr, inspired by Phil's "creepshot" of Dan. It's so lovely. https://huphilpuffs.tumblr.com/post/160031535046/candid
"Dan had been but a fuzzy image on his computer screen." I just...
colfreckles
drama llama

I feel the same -- no matter how hard phandom pushes, I really hope they are careful about how much of the new place they show. Or, if they do, I hope they do it a la Grace Helbig (start at :52):

fair warning -- this was posted the night before the american election, so it gets a little depressing after the tour...
papierklemmen
flower crown

ha, it's nice to come in with low expectation and finally get something that's worth the hype. gj dan, you finally delivered.

i'm surprised they made a moving out video, they didn't strike me as a "personal life announcement video" kind of guys, but i guess since it's not only their home but also their sets it makes all the sense. (and i guess you could say the wardrobe video was the same kind of stuff? w/e).

i'm not really feeling sentimental about any of this since unfortunately i'm too caught up in my own shit and frankly just jealous that there are people out there who earn as much as them and can afford to live in spatious apartments in london and are healthy and happy etc. i'm bitter cause my life sucks atm but i thought they looked hyper and excited in the video which is gr8. as much as i agree that they seemingly dislike or are indiffirent to their audience, there are times when it seems like they are genuinely excited to share things with the world (and the phandom).

the great mystery of the video tho: why the hell was there a legal book on dan's table? did he randomly stumble upon it when packing and thought "damn, why not revise some law?" lol.
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

papierklemmen wrote:ha, it's nice to come in with low expectation and finally get something that's worth the hype. gj dan, you finally delivered.

i'm surprised they made a moving out video, they didn't strike me as a "personal life announcement video" kind of guys, but i guess since it's not only their home but also their sets it makes all the sense. (and i guess you could say the wardrobe video was the same kind of stuff? w/e).

i'm not really feeling sentimental about any of this since unfortunately i'm too caught up in my own shit and frankly just jealous that there are people out there who earn as much as them and can afford to live in spatious apartments in london and are healthy and happy etc. i'm bitter cause my life sucks atm but i thought they looked hyper and excited in the video which is gr8. as much as i agree that they seemingly dislike or are indiffirent to their audience, there are times when it seems like they are genuinely excited to share things with the world (and the phandom).

the great mystery of the video tho: why the hell was there a legal book on dan's table? did he randomly stumble upon it when packing and thought "damn, why not revise some law?" lol.
Sorry things have been sucky. :platonic:

I don't feel sentimental about their old place either. I guess for me the effect has always been this weird concurrency of all their different homes: when you watch enough videos out of order, it doesn't seem to matter that this particular one was filmed in the place where they happen to be living at the moment. Or maybe that's just me.

I want them to show us as little of the new place as possible (even though I'm as curious as everyone else!). We should see their video space(s), and maybe (some of) the kitchen for a baking video. And I'm sure other little bits may pop us as the months and years go by. But we should never get or expect a tour; this is the time they should put a clear line between onstage and backstage, public and private. They can bring puppies and children into the filming room, they can take us on ditls through London; they can share a lot with us that way, and it will be lovely.

They should put the sleeping arrangements question to bed (haha) by never giving us any more clues. Their relationship is not defined by beds and we should all move on from that. (Says the person who earlier today revealed a lot of knowledge about tatinof-era sleeping arrangements. But that's really my point--I'd be happy not to have any such details to obsess over .)
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
captainspacecoat
stress mushroom

Personally I hope they just show us what they want to show us. If that's a full house tour, great! If it's designated sections of house for filming, that's fine too!

It may well be that they're happy/excited to show us their new place (in such a way that doesn't allow for stalking, obvs) - in the past they've been pretty comfortable filming various places inside their house and maybe that won't necessarily change.

But if they are a bit more wary/private this time around, we should respect that too. I won't lie, I'm very curious about the interior of the new place and will take anything I can get, but I won't blame them if they want to keep some of it private.

Basically - they should do whatever they want, whether that's share everything with us or nothing with us, or something in between (the last option is the one that I think is most likely).
kalli
butt chair

Maybe this is just my family, but whenever we've gotten a new couch, we always put the former upstairs couch in the basement and get rid of the old basement couch. So my first instinct is to say they got a new couch for their main living area and the old one has replaced the sofa bed in the office. If that's the case, I would guess that room is the new office and where the gaming videos will be filmed, or maybe just a secondary lounge?

I'm so curious to see bits of their new place. I have a feeling Dan with do a little tour in his liveshow next week, but I imagine we'll only be shown the spaces we'll eventually see in videos anyway if he does. I'm way too excited to look for pretty coloured walls and new decorations and all that. I need an answer for that weirdly shaped wall/probable curtain too, my brain can't seem to process it from that picture alone and it's bothering me :wtf:

Whether or not they show bedrooms will also be quite interesting, in my opinion. If they're sharing a bedroom, I'd be absolutely shocked if we get to see it. I'm already 99% sure they're a couple, but I would call it certain if it were confirmed that they share a bedroom. If they have separate rooms again, I feel as though they might as well continue to use those spaces for dinof/ap videos so we'll probably see them. I get that not showing bedrooms could be as simple as wanting privacy so this is just jumping to conclusions, but if they don't show bedrooms, I can't help but assume they're sharing one. Or at the very least, if they're the type of couple to keep separate spaces, I'm assuming that wanting to keep bedrooms private signifies a long-term home, which then leads me to believe they can't just be friends/roommates. So regardless, not showing bedrooms is going to once again set off my spidey senses which say they're together even if it isn't the most logical reasoning. I'm trying not to think this way because they should be able to keeps things private and they can never win with people thinking like this, but I can't help it. I'll also be here crying happy tears if they have otherwise inexplicable extra bedrooms for a couple kids, the idea of them as parents warms my heart.

My bets are on private bedrooms (shared master, maybe a guest bedroom and a few for future children) and a separate filming room with each of their set-ups on either side, tbh

Now prepare yourself for a cute, nostalgic mental image... I check the "recently played artists" section on Dan's Spotify profile pretty much every day, and Muse jumped to one of his top artists today. It usually takes a couple days to refresh and artists typically start at the bottom of the list rather than the very top row, so I'm guessing they've been listening to Muse a lot while unpacking so far this week
He has also listened to Carly Rae Jepsen a bit recently. He has before too, but I always find it so cute. Half because I have such a soft spot for her (throwback to her Canadian Idol days lol), and half because her music is so poppy and happy, I like picturing him lip syncing and doing a little dance along to it
Last edited by kalli on Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
gnostic
stress mushroom

papierklemmen wrote:ha, it's nice to come in with low expectation and finally get something that's worth the hype. gj dan, you finally delivered.

Hang in there mate.

As usual, you raise the question that's been bothering me so hard. It's a piece of shit book too...

My current working theory is its an old book that was in the depths of his desk and got dragged out when he packed all the stuff in his desk he actually uses. But then, why would he even need a legal book in London? Did he feel the need to revise when they were starting their companies / getting more into business side of things? This haunts me.
Just here for the marketing skills
mysterylovescompany
morning quiff

Wild theory with no basis in fact: like his psycho french teacher, his piano teacher sued him for putting her in a bad light in his video and now he's using the law book to research how to get out of it without having to private his own video again. (i know the book probably isn't about that kind of law, but )
bluebox-away
woodland creature

gnostic wrote: As usual, you raise the question that's been bothering me so hard. It's a piece of shit book too...

My current working theory is its an old book that was in the depths of his desk and got dragged out when he packed all the stuff in his desk he actually uses. But then, why would he even need a legal book in London? Did he feel the need to revise when they were starting their companies / getting more into business side of things? This haunts me.
If you look closely it's actually a University of Manchester textbook specific to a first year undergrad law class than Dan will have taken, so my guess is it's an old textbook he's had since then that he either stumbled across while packing or specifically dug out to check some legal thing
06/04/2016 - I found The Weakest Link :ninja:
Gif credit: IckleMissMayhem
gnostic
stress mushroom

bluebox-away wrote:
gnostic wrote: As usual, you raise the question that's been bothering me so hard. It's a piece of shit book too...

If you look closely it's actually a University of Manchester textbook specific to a first year undergrad law class than Dan will have taken, so my guess is it's an old textbook he's had since then that he either stumbled across while packing or specifically dug out to check some legal thing
Which makes sense, except I am trying to figure out why would he bring that textbook when moving to London in the first place?
Just here for the marketing skills
bluebox-away
woodland creature

gnostic wrote: Which makes sense, except I am trying to figure out why would he bring that textbook when moving to London in the first place?
Well idk about him, but in my experience textbooks are expensive af and as it's a very uni and course specific book it's probably not worth trying to sell so might as well keep it for reference? I still have most of my books from high school and plan on keeping my uni books once I graduate, and I think my dad still owns botany books from his degree despite that being 40 years ago and his not even working remotely in that field now, so it doesn't seem weird at all to me
06/04/2016 - I found The Weakest Link :ninja:
Gif credit: IckleMissMayhem
lurker
janice from the shop
Pronouns: they/them

gnostic wrote:
bluebox-away wrote:

Which makes sense, except I am trying to figure out why would he bring that textbook when moving to London in the first place?
maybe he just kept some of his uni stuff in case he'd want to use it as a prop in a video? or it might be when he dropped out of uni, he wasn't in the mindset that he would definitely never pick up studies again, so he didn't want to throw everything out and just stashed it somewhere, and now it was brought to the surface again while packing.
thank's you were great
nephilimcat
woodland creature

As much as I love house tours, interior design, design shows, etc. and as much as I'd love to see their whole home in detail from inside and outside with a floor plan, I really won't mind at all if they decided not to do a tour. It's their home after all, I couldn't imagine showing my home on the Internet and it always surprised me that they would show their whole flat since they are usually very private people. I guess I'll never understand what goes on inside their heads.

Yesterday before I fell asleep, my mind wandered to the possibility of them having two apartments in one house. One would be their office space with an editing and gaming video room, a fake lounge for ls and gaming videos, a kitchen for snacks in between and baking videos, a bathroom and two sets for their main channel videos. The other apartment would be the one they actually live in and we would never even see it.
I don't think this is actually realistic but it would be a great way to separate work and real life and at the same time keep the personal vibe and have their work nearby. They have so much stuff and enough money to decorate and furnish two apartments.
pulvis et umbra sumus
DatCog
blobfish

As soon as I saw the photo yesterday with the old sofa and familiar pictures on the walls, I wondered if they were setting up a filming room with the aim of keeping the majority of their home private. I'm incredibly nosy and would love to see the whole place but I don't blame them in the slightest for keeping some of it off limits.

Sometime soon their old flat is probably going to appear on the property web sites...I'm intrigued to see how much it is . I expect their old landlord will want to renovate it before re-letting.