Dan & Phil Part 43: I'll touch you when I please

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
lurker
janice from the shop
Pronouns: they/them

wow i love watching paranormal sightings
Last edited by lurker on Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
thank's you were great
sans
delia smith
Pronouns: him/they

I can still hear it, but when I try to read chat it just freezes. Kill me.

BTW:
Dan: "This is not our forever home"
Last edited by sans on Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ananas
crusty sponge
Pronouns: she/her

It was good before, but now I get like a second at a time :facepalm:
AmazingOCD
glabella

The lag is terrible on Youtube
It's a good thing to be strange. Normalness leads to sadness - Phil Lester
MythicalPinkTrashCan
phabergé

The lag is horrible on youtube, but it seems like it's kinda better on tumblr?

edit: doesn't matter now lol. Glad I opened a new tab
anime_is_not_cool
living flop

So...
-kinda like duplex apartment
-Phil is gonna continue filming in his bedroom
-Phil's bedroom is cozy and quiet
-this one is the "mini lounge" (i don't remember what they called it)
-the real lounge is upstairs
-Dan's filming corner is behind the class window wall and has the same desk and computer
-Dan's new room is very different and moon themed ???
-it's very aesthetic
-..and he has a WHITE PIANO !
-they are gonna film downstairs
-gaming room is bedroom with a desk aka office, bigger than the last one but looks the same
-apparently it's also downstairs ??
-they are gonna get a dog when they buy a house, wow I really didn't except to hear this but
-"this isn't the forever home, we just wanted to shake things up a little"
(tried to get everything they said about the apartment but it was really laggy at times so probably didn't succeed)
xaephan
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

Well, I think I caught about 50% of the words they said, and about 50% of that were random words that weren't linked to other words.

I look forward to rewatching it (if the YT version isn't as bad anyway) and reading the timestamps. There were so many things revealed in this liveshow!

Be still my heart re: the 'forever home' part. I didn't get to catch it, but oh man oh man
if my heart was a compass you'd be north
previously myllakka
lurker
janice from the shop

anime_is_not_cool wrote:-"this isn't the forever home, we just wanted to shake things up a little"
i missed that part due to the lag and i can't quite believe it happened, also why am i being emotional again,
thank's you were great
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

My takeaway:

- Phil maintains a bedroom set, but we'll never see 'Dan's' bedroom.

- Their filming locations are downstairs, upstairs get to be just for them. That makes me so damn happy - happier, I think, than any kind of tour would.

- They will get a dog "when a house is bought" - that wording was beautiful, he stopped himself just short of saying when they buy a house but also pointedly avoided any kind of suggestion that the future house being bought would not be a joint purchase.

- Yes still renting, but also pointing out that it's not a forever home. Same as above, vague enough to not be outright confirmation but definitely avoiding the firm and easy denial if that future 'forever home' weren't intended on being theirs.

- Phil giving us a heads up but Dan making no comment on his liveshows being on a normal schedule or not after next Tuesday, which means we still have no idea if he's going to stay in Florida after Playlist with Phil or fly home.

- So many 'we' statements where an 'I' or 'you' would suffice. Just off the top of my head, talking about Phil's merlion picture Dan said "We just had to post it" and when talking about curling Phil's hair Dan said something like "makes us not want to do that."

- 'They drop hints for us' theory confirmed outright by Dan.

tl;dr - They're really happy and I loved that liveshow.
sans
delia smith

anime_is_not_cool wrote:So...
-kinda like duplex apartment
-Phil is gonna continue filming in his bedroom
-Phil's bedroom is cozy and quiet
-this one is the "mini lounge" (i don't remember what they called it)
-the real lounge is upstairs
-Dan's filming corner is behind the class window wall and has the same desk and computer
-Dan's new room is very different and moon themed ???
-it's very aesthetic
-..and he has a WHITE PIANO !
-they are gonna film downstairs
-gaming room is bedroom with a desk aka office, bigger than the last one but looks the same
-apparently it's also downstairs ??
-they are gonna get a dog when they buy a house, wow I really didn't except to hear this but
-"this isn't the forever home, we just wanted to shake things up a little"
(tried to get everything they said about the apartment but it was really laggy at times so probably didn't succeed)
I was gonna do this but I think you got everything

Also, the piano is currently at the lounge I think.

Is no one talking about the fact that they might get a fish? Phil seemed excited.
nephilimcat
woodland creature

What I got from this ls is that they can't imagine moving apart at any point, that they both want to get a dog together, and therefore basically and very indirectly said that they'll grow old together. I know they didn't explicitly say anything, but the way they said it was just so natural and certain. And the "we're still renting" and "when a house is bought" and "forever home" that they just both agreed on sounded more like something they saw as their future together.

Honestly, I am all for clear evidence, for the actual truth, for confirmation, I don't believe in anything. I need undisputable facts and I will always have doubts until something is clearly proven. But unlike before I literally don't feel any anxiety about them separating anymore. Even when they uploaded that moving announcement, it took me a while to start watching it and then I paused in between because I was afraid of disappointment. And now watching this ls those feelings are gone. They talk about separate bedrooms and it doesn't even make me waver slightly in the direction "They will move apart and have their own partners/families one day".
No, I'm not a believer, but I am certainly not going to be anxious about whatever the hell they are anymore. I'm just sitting here grinning when I watch them talk, seeing how happy they are together. They're happy, man. They achieved that. And that's beautiful. Ugh, this is so sappy, I hate myself

Less sappy: So they might get fish? That's commitment right there Not actually a fan of having a fish as your pet, they're trapped in tiny tanks and stuff but let's not go there right now.
Last edited by nephilimcat on Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pulvis et umbra sumus
saffarinda
truth bomb

the "forever home" bit oml. and dan filming in a seperate area, with no dnp apartment tour? i don't like to be a demon phannie, and i'm all up for couples having seperate rooms so they have their own space but WOW that really sounds like they're sharing a room (despite dans comments on his moon bed).

they addressed the doggo and the nails!! the part where phil started asking dan whether they should get a fish instead was cute. and when phil said "we could get away with a fish or a hamster" and dan just snorted, he knows far too well what everyone thinks whenever they say "hamster" lmao.

v cute, albeit laggy liveshow - and i LOVED phils hoodie!! he looked so precious whenever he put the hood up or gave himself sweater paws, bless
25/04/2017 - #blessed
chiccola
sofa crease

lurker wrote:
anime_is_not_cool wrote:-"this isn't the forever home, we just wanted to shake things up a little"
i missed that part due to the lag and i can't quite believe it happened, also why am i being emotional again,
Luckily I switched over from YT to Younow just in time to catch that part, someone sent them a message saying
Congratulations you two : - )
and Phil accepted it and thanked (I think? I hope someone uploads it so I can rewatch his reaction), and Dan did his ironic "aaaw" face and said "well this isn't a forever home"
It really surprised me that they accepted the message, considering it was quite shippy ^^
AmazingOCD
glabella

sans wrote:
Is no one talking about the fact that they might get a fish? Phil seemed excited.
I'm calling it: the fish will be named Frank 2 in honour of Phil's old goldfish
Last edited by AmazingOCD on Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's a good thing to be strange. Normalness leads to sadness - Phil Lester
allsaintshowell

that live show was,,, an event.

i loved dan calling us "weasels" for catching onto that they were moving. i agree, it really does sound like they've set up separate filming areas but don't want to confirm it. the "this isn't the forever home, "unfortunately, we're still renting," and "when a house is bought" had me like what was mr. howell looking at on his phone and why did he bring up phil's reluctance to wear nail polish with that smirk on his face? almost like he's tried to convince phil to do it before
Image Image
fancy_nancy
phabergé

I only watched the end and the lag was so bad I didn't understand anything :( guess i'll wait for someone to post timestamps. They both look cute today, and I didn't hear when they said this is not "forever home" but just reading it here made so happy hahah
SexyTrashCan
morning quiff

"the forever home" holy shit
:D
auri

I got almost everything of it, idk i was watching few minutes back so maybe 40 minutes or something, and after that all I got was "hashtag not spon" and probably Dan saying he has an idea for new dinof video? But yeah! That was a nice surprise to hear from them actually live and they were just so cute about being active on instagram and Dan giving Phil credit for the awesome pictures Phil took of Dan. yes good!

I'm happily going to rewatch it after it's uploaded to YT, because so many things that I missed apparently and I am probably just going to have a little breakdown over how happy they seemed jeez. And yes, I am officially a believer, just everything is so nice and fuzzy inside of me right now and I'm super happy for them and I can't wait for new gaming videos (they did say they will now be able to fit the screen better but let's just see how they still will use the same arm rest anyway )

Just.
Moonbeamsonthepath
living flop
Pronouns: she

"A lot of people are asking what THAT is. That is-"
"What, me? My name's Dan."

malday
emo goose

So i guess there won't be a Singapore ditl because it sounded to me like they didn't film anything.

it still lags on youtube too :(
Last edited by malday on Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
llion
living flop

nephilimcat wrote:What I got from this ls is that they can't imagine moving apart at any point, that they both want to get a dog together, and therefore basically and very indirectly said that they'll grow old together. I know they didn't explicitly say anything, but the way they said it was just so natural and certain. And the "we're still renting" and "when a house is bought" and "forever home" that they just both agreed on sounded more like something they saw as their future together.
i feel the same way!!! this was such a warm and fuzzy casual liveshow and i loved it. (even though i didn't get to see the end) the "forever home" quote has me so emotional just reading it, i home somebody will upload the clip soon.

so did they actually address having separate space that won't be filmed in or known to us (and i missed it thanks to lag), or are we just filling in gaps from things they said? just asking for clarification since everyone sounds so sure, missing bits and pieces is difficult.
art credit: koreinkorein (thank you!)
sans
delia smith

malday wrote:So i guess there won't be a Singapore ditl because it sounded to me like they didn't film anything.
Nah. they didn't.

I think Dan said that he made a last dinof video before they moved? That he's uploading on Monday? Idk, the lag was too strong for me at that part.
so did they actually address having separate space that won't be filmed in or known to us (and i missed it thanks to lag), or are we just filling in gaps from things they said? just asking for clarification since everyone sounds so sure, missing bits and pieces is difficult.
Dan said he will have a different space(behind the glass wall), and Phil said he would still be filming in his room. They also said they would film in the "hangout" area where the old sofa is, and there's an office for the gaming videos.

edit: they did imply that they wouldn't be filming in the actual lounge because it's upstairs and they don't want to carry the camera up the stairs
Last edited by sans on Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DatCog
blobfish

I missed so much of that ls but, having read a few recaps, I'm feeling 100% right now, I'm waiting impatiently for the upload so I can watch properly with some pausing and rewinding, no doubt. They looked so happy and I'm so happy for them, the future looks bright
lurker
janice from the shop

llion, i don't think they explicitely said that. i think dan implied that we might not see his room as he explained he would film in the "dan space" behind the glass wall, right after saying how terrible it is to have filming equipment in your bedroom. (you hear that, phil?) then they also said that they'd film the dapg videos in the "tv corner" (the bit with the old sofa, where they sat during the ls) but that they had a proper lounge upstairs (to whoever said that they might keep the old sofa for another room and get a new sofa for the lounge: i'm impressed, you were 100% right apparently) -- and that they'd film downstairs in order not to have to carry camera equipment upstairs. phil said he'd creepshot dan in the lounge in order for us to catch a glimpse of that room, too, so it definitely sounded as if they didn't intend to film upstairs.

edit: sans was quicker, sorry!
thank's you were great
Artdefines06
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: She/They/Nothing

Ok, the goldfish bit was adorable. It reminded me of the shrimp fiasco.

So Phil looks at Dan and asks "Can WE get a fish?" and Dan automatically starts to answer normally, like they were having just a normal domestic conversation. I immediately whipped my head up to watch more closely because why can't they have their own individual pets? Would it be a joint fish? IDK how that works. Dan caught on at the same time and pulled a face and started acting like he didn't care if Phil got a fish but I saw you mister howell, for a split second before the act went up it was a joint fish you can't fool me lol.