Dan & Phil Part 43: I'll touch you when I please

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
hopinglester
banned

This liveshow was so intense. I couldn't process information and the lag was terrible. They seemed very talkative and happy though. Definitely need to re-watch it, but these were my 1st thoughts:

- Ok, so from their conversation they are definitely thinking about this flat as temporary, as Dan said 'not a forever home', 'when a house is bought' a dog is in the plan, etc. They mentioned how desperate they were to move many times and I think Dan even explicitly adressed how that linked with buying this duplex. I'd say they have future plans for a house in mind but don't feel like it's the right time, but also really wanted more space, so ended up renting this flat. Really loved how kind of open open they were about plans in the future by saying 'when a house is bought' and mentioning dog in the future, but by not being outright as not to confirm anything at the same time.

- As predicted by many here they are separating gaming room, small lounge and Dan's filming area from their personal space. I'd predict they are sleeping in Dan's bedroom (moon aesthetic floating bed) if they are using Phil's as filming space as well. Phil mentioned us possibly getting snippets of Dan's room though, so I guess they might show us some stuff. Also they have the upper bigger lounge with a white piano (that's exciting).

- I was actually surprised with how much they seemed willing to share. Dan even said in the end something like 'you'll end up seeing all the corners of this flat'. They spoke about putting instagrams of the flat and etc, so quite open about showing it and its structure (not as much as in the other, but still surprising for me)

- Dan asking Phil why he wouldn't paint his nails was very interesting for me, though Phil's answer was quite predictable.

- Talk about getting a fish and Dan saying something about 'it's up to you. mate. friend.' made me laugh a lot.

- Again, a lot of lag, but I got the impression that Dan isn't going with Phil to Florida as Phil mentioned his liveshows were going to stop for a while but Dan said his would go on, but then he seemed quite quiet about the situation and Phil stopped him from saying he would upload on Monday. So I don't know.

- Funny anecdotes about Australia.

Really wish the liveshow had been longer and not laggy, but I really enjoyed how happy they seemed and open they were. Also, new danisnotonfire video on Monday probs.
awkwardly
living flop

I was kind of disappointed at the beginning of the ls, cause duplex/rented/no dog..
but then, everything that was already mentioned happened and yeah so probably they need more time to find the right forever home and Dan not filming in 'his' bedroom anymore (and I do look forward to see Dan's new content).

And wow the 2 lounges prediction was right. You are really good getting that from them taking that old couch. Pity there won't be any house tour video but at least they will provide some pictures (need to see that piano)
~but the golden age is over
chiccola
sofa crease

lurker wrote:phil said he'd creepshot dan in the lounge in order for us to catch a glimpse of that room, too, so it definitely sounded as if they didn't intend to film upstairs.
I think it's smart what they're doing - they're not giving us an apartment tour, so at start we'll get to see the downstairs lounge, Dan's filming space, gaming channel room and Phil's room. And then they'll slowly start slipping in some glimpses of the upstairs lounge/Dan's room, just to keep us busy and entertained for a longer time
awkwardly
living flop

phil unlisted the liveshow on youtube. That is weird. or is it something done automatically by youtube?
obliviongrace
*editing tips*

I thought it was a lovely liveshow! I enjoyed their mentions of a future house/dog, as everyone has already mentioned. I know they did the thing where they didn't explicitly say if that would be happening together or not, but I feel like that's the exact same thing they did in the "We're Moving Out" video, and obviously its clear that they did move together.... So, yeah, it sounds to me like this will be their home for a few years, bc they were desperate to get out of the old flat, but a "forever home" is also on the mind.

BUT the most interesting thing to me was at the end when Dan mentioned he had an idea for a dinof vid. And Phil said "sounds very cheeky." But THEN Dan said that it was actually already filmed, so it is the last vid that will have been filmed at the old place, and that it will be uploaded on Monday (unless he explodes, yadadada). But THEN (or somewhere in there) Dan and Phil both said "Dan Is Not On Fire" in this really weird drawn out way...Which makes me think this video will be the rebranding? Maybe that cheeky-whatever idea Dan mentioned like months ago? Which, if so, cool, because Dan sounds like he's really done with his old aesthetic and wants something completely new. But also it won't be weird if dinof becomes "Dan Howell" but Phil is still AmazingPhil?

EDIT: I should add that my YouNow was not laggy at all! So it sounds like I had a much better connection than most, so many no one else caught this exchange at the end?
Flomy
sofa crease
Pronouns: she/her

Ahhh yeah that was a great ls, they seemed in such a good mood.
I am curious about Dan's room, it sounded very cool and he seemed pretty excited about it! I think Phil said eventually we'll get to see a lot of the apartment, so I guess we'll have to wait and see. :)
auri
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie
Pronouns: they/them

obliviongrace wrote:But also it won't be weird if dinof becomes "Dan Howell" but Phil is still AmazingPhil?
they are also just rebranding PINOF to Phil Howell, obviously.
Artdefines06
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: She/They/Nothing

awkwardly wrote:phil unlisted the liveshow on youtube. That is weird. or is it something done automatically by youtube?
Happens every time, he will re-upload with a proper title and thumbnail later.
SquishPhan
capita£ester

myllakka wrote:Ahh, yeah, there we go. Phil is still filming in his bedroom and Dan has an office type little corner. Without a tour, we won't know if Dan even has 'his' bedroom anymore. Good planning, dnp.

Also Dan got a plant for his filming background!
Yeah I am not surprised about this at all. Good on them.
Artdefines06 wrote:They are getting a house and a dog someday the dream is alive. They aren't even trying to pretend its not. What is 2017....
2017 has been a great year to be a phan for sure.
alittledizzy wrote:
- Their filming locations are downstairs, upstairs get to be just for them. That makes me so damn happy - happier, I think, than any kind of tour would.
Yeah this makes me happy for them as well, some spaces that are just for them.

I was kind of mad at them for renting, but since I get the feeling that they just wanted to move pretty quickly (and this not being their forever home), I'm willing to forgive them.

I'm curious to see if they are actually getting a fish or not.

We got confirmation that Dan and Phil do plant seeds. (at least Dan admitted to it)

Phil approves of Dan’s natural hair.

Dan watches their Golf with Friends vids back a lot, because he finds it relaxing. Me too Dan.

Phil explaining why he doesn’t paint his nails was interesting.

I’m excited for them to be active on their instagrams.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

That was nice, they addressed everything people have been wondering about and it felt quite cosy. The backdrop is quite plain compared to the bookcase full of things, though. I'm intrigued to see Dan's new setup and how similar and different Phil's room and the gaming room are. I missed the bit about the moon theme, but the white piano sounds fancy. A neighbour had one years ago, they look pretty swish.

Interesting what Dan said about having all the equipment everywhere especially in your bedroom, reminded me they say not to have electronics in there cos they can disrupt your sleep. Only really made me think of that cos I clicked a Dyson advert this morning on Tumblr that led to these http://www.dyson.co.uk/fans-and-heaters ... -link.aspx and Dan had one of those, or more likely a fan (there's a range of four things that all look alike) in his old room.

Phil's explanation about nail polish was interesting, just nice to hear their reasons and what they actually think after all the speculation that goes on. Also +1 vote for a fish ("joint fish" made me laugh, what a cute concept), it'd be nice for him to have a pet. Shame they're still renting, maybe somewhere of the size they'd like in London is still just horrifically pricey. I was a bit confused by Dan's timetravelling concept of being all gleeful with an idea for a dinof video and then telling us it would be the last one filmed in his old bedroom. I guess he merged the two into one sentence.
sans
delia smith
Pronouns: him/they

obliviongrace wrote:I thought it was a lovely liveshow! I enjoyed their mentions of a future house/dog, as everyone has already mentioned. I know they did the thing where they didn't explicitly say if that would be happening together or not, but I feel like that's the exact same thing they did in the "We're Moving Out" video, and obviously its clear that they did move together.... So, yeah, it sounds to me like this will be their home for a few years, bc they were desperate to get out of the old flat, but a "forever home" is also on the mind.

BUT the most interesting thing to me was at the end when Dan mentioned he had an idea for a dinof vid. And Phil said "sounds very cheeky." But THEN Dan said that it was actually already filmed, so it is the last vid that will have been filmed at the old place, and that it will be uploaded on Monday (unless he explodes, yadadada). But THEN (or somewhere in there) Dan and Phil both said "Dan Is Not On Fire" in this really weird drawn out way...Which makes me think this video will be the rebranding? Maybe that cheeky-whatever idea Dan mentioned like months ago? Which, if so, cool, because Dan sounds like he's really done with his old aesthetic and wants something completely new. But also it won't be weird if dinof becomes "Dan Howell" but Phil is still AmazingPhil?

EDIT: I should add that my YouNow was not laggy at all! So it sounds like I had a much better connection than most, so many no one else caught this exchange at the end?
I don't think he would rebrand RIGHT after moving, but then again, you never know with these two.

May also have something to do with the fact that they have only mentioned the whole moving thing in Phil's channel?
coffeepenguin
rainbow nerd

what, nobody has done the "Dan in a glass closet" joke yet? smh

The lag was horrible on youtube, but I still loved it so much Phil was so... gentle, idk, like when asking Dan about getting a fish, and when Dan said that he's already bought a plant, and in the end, when Dan said he was planting seeds in his ls about moving, and there much more "we" statements than usual... Sorry, I'm trash, I know Dan, on the other hand, was in a bit weird mood, but I think it's because he's really aware of the phandom right now with the moving. When he read the question about Phil not going to paint his nails, it sounded like "here we bloody go" (maybe he even said something like that, I don't remember), as if he's read all that heteronormativity / fan entitlement discourse (having flashbacks about all the discussions that took place last summer, oh boy). And thank you to everyone posting about "it's not our forever home", I must have missed that when switching from youtube to younow, now I really need to rewatch it (who am kidding, was gonna do it anyway, probably multiple times)
Dan wants to be understood. Phil just wants to make the viewer smile and sell some backpacks (c) fancybum
awkwardly
living flop

Artdefines06 wrote:
awkwardly wrote:phil unlisted the liveshow on youtube. That is weird. or is it something done automatically by youtube?
Happens every time, he will re-upload with a proper title and thumbnail later.
ah ok, thank you for explanation. I either manage to watch live or a lot lot later so this is the first time I'm rewatching right away so it surprised me :D
SexyTrashCan
morning quiff

The fish part was so adorable
:D
llion
living flop

thanks for the clarification sans and lurker! their laziness is so amusing, and it will probably be very nice to have some area that's a sanctuary. i appreciate that they'll still post candids and decorating pictures across social media, even though there's no tour. i just like having a rough idea of where they are i guess. dans "filming space" really does make me go "is there even a bedroom question anymore?" maybe they know that, maybe they don't, but either way i'm glad they're sharing whatever they're comfortable with right now. theyre definitely sharing the moon bed
obliviongrace wrote:I thought it was a lovely liveshow! I enjoyed their mentions of a future house/dog, as everyone has already mentioned. I know they did the thing where they didn't explicitly say if that would be happening together or not, but I feel like that's the exact same thing they did in the "We're Moving Out" video, and obviously its clear that they did move together.... So, yeah, it sounds to me like this will be their home for a few years, bc they were desperate to get out of the old flat, but a "forever home" is also on the mind.

interesting observations, thanks for sharing! my lag was so bad i didn't even catch that there was a dan video coming, i'm really curious now. i hope he does revamp the image a bit, but maybe not by changing the name. i think the names are too ingrained by now to leave behind, whether they wanted to or not, but the content will probably just evolve under the same name. i'm excited to see what's in store!
art credit: koreinkorein (thank you!)
chiccola
sofa crease

coffeepenguin wrote:what, nobody has done the "Dan in a glass closet" joke yet? smh

The lag was horrible on youtube, but I still loved it so much Phil was so... gentle, idk, like when asking Dan about getting a fish, and when Dan said that he's already bought a plant, and in the end, when Dan said he was planting seeds in his ls about moving, and there much more "we" statements than usual... Sorry, I'm trash, I know Dan, on the other hand, was in a bit weird mood, but I think it's because he's really aware of the phandom right now with the moving. When he read the question about Phil not going to paint his nails, it sounded like "here we bloody go" (maybe he even said something like that, I don't remember), as if he's read all that heteronormativity / fan entitlement discourse (having flashbacks about all the discussions that took place last summer, oh boy). And thank you to everyone posting about "it's not our forever home", I must have missed that when switching from youtube to younow, now I really need to rewatch it (who am kidding, was gonna do it anyway, probably multiple times)
Mhm, same here. Dan had some weird moments like with the fish and "idk mate" and doing some ironic faces here and there, but I think he just needs time... He's always like this when there's a big change in their lives, acting a bit shifty But they've come so far now, so I bet he knows how to deal with the whole "Phandom breathing down his neck" situation by now.
Last edited by chiccola on Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pastelspectre
stress mushroom
Pronouns: he/him

the. lag. was. so. bad. ohmygod :(

other than that tho it was a very, very cute and domestic liveshow. i had gotten there about 20 minutes late though so i missed that forever home part but im sure someone will upload it to youtube. i got such coupley vibes from this liveshow tbh omg, but also dan seemed a bit off. im sure its just bc of the big change though.
:transheart:
sans
delia smith

thanks for the clarification sans and lurker! their laziness is so amusing, and it will probably be very nice to have some area that's a sanctuary. i appreciate that they'll still post candids and decorating pictures across social media, even though there's no tour. i just like having a rough idea of where they are i guess. dans "filming space" really does make me go "is there even a bedroom question anymore?" maybe they know that, maybe they don't, but either way i'm glad they're sharing whatever they're comfortable with right now. theyre definitely sharing the moon bed
No problem
About the whole bedroom thing: Honestly, a part of me is saying it's normal for them to have separated bedrooms and they wouldn't go as far as to stage one of the rooms (Phil's) just for filming and use the other one as the master one, because that seems so troublesome and complicated, but the other part of me tells me that there's a bunch of weird stuff surrounding how they chose to use this new apartment. And I know that we probably wont see all the rooms right away and we have limited info but: (and sorry if my english flops, i'm not a native speaker)

If they are filming only downstairs, does that mean that Phil's room is downstairs and Dan's is upstairs? why not just build a filming space like Dan did? I don't know how duplex apartments work, but having their bedrooms in different floors just seems weird, unless they were using Dan's as the master bedroom. And the way Phil talking about his, he wanted to keep it looking the same, like a set. It's just weird.

Anyway, that's just me rambling. Mostly I'm happy they are comfy at the new place and can decorate to their hearts content No mention of the kitchen but I'm sure it will look amazing.

I intended to have this account to just lurk but I'm so hyped now that I think I'll just start posting here regularly. Hi everybody.
RiriPandaHeart2
phabergé

Sorry to bring down the chat mood a bit, but was anyone else kinda bothered during the part when Dan was admitting to sowing seeds about the move in his liveshows and it seemed like Phil was trying to stop him from outrightly admitting it, and then Dan sorta backtracked by saying he admitted it in his liveshows alone in a way that exculpated Phil from the act? I honestly think Dan won't deliberately open up things about their lives without a discussion with Phil, so I don't really believe this part. Maybe it's just me and I'm just too nitpicky. But that part kinda offed me a bit (not that Dan was really planting seeds in the Phandom, because I agree with him that it's the best way to deal with us; what mostly bothered me is Phil sort of trying to deny it, and Dan acquiescing with him). Did we get any hints from Phil about the move? I can't explicitly recall any. But it might be because I'm really sleepy and it's 5 am here and it should be my . :?
P: What are you doing?

D: I'm feeding it to you.

P: Why is it so slow?
VengefulBlue
rainbow nerd
Pronouns: they/them

i love how they complained so much about the glass door, but the new place apparently has a glass wall?? like ok guys

also how long is it usually before it's back on youtube? (this is also my first time actually attempting to rewatch immediately)
malday
emo goose

obliviongrace wrote: BUT the most interesting thing to me was at the end when Dan mentioned he had an idea for a dinof vid. And Phil said "sounds very cheeky." But THEN Dan said that it was actually already filmed, so it is the last vid that will have been filmed at the old place, and that it will be uploaded on Monday (unless he explodes, yadadada). But THEN (or somewhere in there) Dan and Phil both said "Dan Is Not On Fire" in this really weird drawn out way...Which makes me think this video will be the rebranding? Maybe that cheeky-whatever idea Dan mentioned like months ago? Which, if so, cool, because Dan sounds like he's really done with his old aesthetic and wants something completely new. But also it won't be weird if dinof becomes "Dan Howell" but Phil is still AmazingPhil?
Nice catch! interesting.
SexyTrashCan
morning quiff

I tried watching the last 7 minutes and good god it was awful. I managed to glean a few broken words listening to it in the background but I have no clue what they talked about.
Phil did drop hints. I think I'm remembering correctly but some were when someone was saying he should move [due to gas leaks] and him saying "I know" in a livestream and in the last Yasuhati video saying he did care about making noise anymore
:D
chiccola
sofa crease

and there we go, Phil had to cut the liveshow short because of too much lag :sideeye:

his message at the end lmao

spider
ar·tic·u·late

For less lag in the future Tumblr is much more smooth than Younow.

This live show was an emotional roller coaster. 'When a house is bought' 'congratulations you 2' 'forever home' 'I know we can't have a dog but can we have a fish' I want to get off Deppy's wild ride except I don't. Can't wait for the rest of Spring 2017 to murder me.

Anti phans you do you. Always good for a laugh.
sans
delia smith

Uggghhh, I don't think I will be rewatching that fully. The lag stresses me out.

Hopefully someone will make timestamps for this mess

Also: Phil using comic sans is my new aesthetic