Dan & Phil Part 43: I'll touch you when I please

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
malday
emo goose
Posts: 1112
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:56 pm

Re: Dan & Phil Part 43: I'll touch you when I please

Post by malday » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:18 pm

damn hope somebody had time to save the full length of it.



llion
living flop
Posts: 106
Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:45 am
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Dan & Phil Part 43: I'll touch you when I please

Post by llion » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:19 pm

sans wrote:No problem
About the whole bedroom thing: Honestly, a part of me is saying it's normal for them to have separated bedrooms and they wouldn't go as far as to stage one of the rooms (Phil's) just for filming and use the other one as the master one, because that seems so troublesome and complicated, but the other part of me tells me that there's a bunch of weird stuff surrounding how they chose to use this new apartment. And I know that we probably wont see all the rooms right away and we have limited info but: (and sorry if my english flops, i'm not a native speaker)

If they are filming only downstairs, does that mean that Phil's room is downstairs and Dan's is upstairs? why not just build a filming space like Dan did? I don't know how duplex apartments work, but having their bedrooms in different floors just seems weird, unless they were using Dan's as the master bedroom. And the way Phil talking about his, he wanted to keep it looking the same, like a set. It's just weird.

Anyway, that's just me rambling. Mostly I'm happy they are comfy at the new place and can decorate to their hearts content No mention of the kitchen but I'm sure it will look amazing.


I intended to have this account to just lurk but I'm so hyped now that I think I'll just start posting here regularly. Hi everybody.
i agree that they refer to phil's room in an odd manner! i also think, looking back at his "props chest", it would be super easy for him to just set up his old room, transfer the overflowing props to other storage spaces to make things less cluttered, and just use it as a set and an extra place to sleep. (for sickness, difference in times, guests, etc) whether he uses it for just filming or not, god willing i hope he fixes that chest, i'm with dan in the nightmare fuel department.

i'm more inclined to lurk usually as well, but here we are! let's just un-lurk together.

i'm sad he couldn't upload the end, that's what i really wanted to see! maybe someone who actually caught it got some sort of footage of it. otherwise "forever home" will be lost to the void (forever)
Image
art credit: koreinkorein (thank you!)

User avatar
chiccola
sofa crease
Posts: 90
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:11 am

Re: Dan & Phil Part 43: I'll touch you when I please

Post by chiccola » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:21 pm

Sorry about my constant posts all of a sudden hahh

I found the last bit of the liveshow without the lag.

Dan talks talks about his next DINOF video @ 0.40

And then at 1.38 they get the "Congrats you two!" message (which is actually read by Dan, not Phil, my bad)


User avatar
AmazingOCD
glabella
Posts: 70
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:39 am
Pronouns: she/her
Location: Ireland

Re: Dan & Phil Part 43: I'll touch you when I please

Post by AmazingOCD » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:29 pm

chiccola wrote:Sorry about my constant posts all of a sudden hahh

I found the last bit of the liveshow without the lag.

Dan talks talks about his next DINOF video @ 0.40

And then at 1.38 they get the "Congrats you two!" message (which is actually read by Dan, not Phil, my bad)

You angel. Thank you so much!
:D
It's a good thing to be strange. Normalness leads to sadness - Phil Lester

SexyTrashCan
morning quiff
Posts: 468
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:52 pm
Pronouns: she/her
Location: UK

Re: Dan & Phil Part 43: I'll touch you when I please

Post by SexyTrashCan » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:34 pm

AmazingOCD wrote:
chiccola wrote:Sorry about my constant posts all of a sudden hahh

I found the last bit of the liveshow without the lag.

Dan talks talks about his next DINOF video @ 0.40

And then at 1.38 they get the "Congrats you two!" message (which is actually read by Dan, not Phil, my bad)

You angel. Thank you so much!
:D
I second this!
Image
:D

llion
living flop
Posts: 106
Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:45 am
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Dan & Phil Part 43: I'll touch you when I please

Post by llion » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:39 pm

thank you chiccola!!
Image
art credit: koreinkorein (thank you!)

User avatar
shoe
intermittent hibernation
intermittent hibernation
Posts: 235
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:06 pm
Pronouns: they/them

Re: Dan & Phil Part 43: I'll touch you when I please

Post by shoe » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:43 pm

Please VOTE!
:platonic:

User avatar
lurker
philussy
Posts: 495
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:02 pm
Pronouns: they/them

Re: Dan & Phil Part 43: I'll touch you when I please

Post by lurker » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:44 pm

chiccola, thank you, that's exactly the part that got completely cut off for me. the "forever home" part was in a completely different voice than i imagined but it does imply that a forever home is the plan, does it not? i'm always a bit wary to interpret phrasings since i'm not a native speaker, but...it did sound a lot different from saying "well we're not going to live here forever", which would have been more neutral...i guess?

interesting that phil cut dan off with the planting seeds thing, but i think he might have been right -- i appreciate dan being straightforward about it, but i think to someone who doesn't already assume that they're doing this like that it might have sound as if he was poking fun at it? so i don't necessarily think he wanted to cover up, but it might have been a "let's not go at it this way" situation.

also, i think i caught dan saying "you will have to deal with florida internet" at the end, which would probably mean he's not joining phil for the holiday.

with respect to phil's room: i do agree that the way they talked about it seemed a bit weird -- dan was all excited about his, while with phil's, they seemed to be more...technical? but i can't imagine phil setting up a whole bedroom just to film in it. that seems so unpractical! i'm wondering if maybe it just has something to do with the fact that now that they have more room (and storage) that they can personalize, their own two rooms are less "essential" to them as a retreat or a personalized space. who knows, maybe phil has the equivalent to the "dan room" upstairs, just that he's using his for something else than filming.

i'm always a bit wary to interpret phrasings, they say, continuing to do exactly that in four paragraphs.
thank's you were great

User avatar
confusedpanda
ar·tic·u·late
Posts: 415
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:20 pm
Pronouns: Her/she
Location: Somewhere in the USA

Re: Dan & Phil Part 43: I'll touch you when I please

Post by confusedpanda » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:01 pm

lurker wrote:also, i think i caught dan saying "you will have to deal with florida internet" at the end, which would probably mean he's not joining phil for the holiday.
Regarding the bolded, I noticed this too. But, dan also said something about himself doing a live show in flordia a bit before this... so what's the truth with this?
But everything else about this live show, woah. You guys were almost spot on with some of the predictions here yet again! Are Dan and Phil that predictable now? I could go on and list everything that was said that I loved but that would just be rehashing everything that way better worded than I could ever say. The one thing I really do wanna see in the new place is for sure the white piano. I mean I'd love to see the rest of the place but eh I totally get why and I totally agree, we'll see most of it (not all) over time though videos and photos here and there. Also count me in as for them saying the place isn't a forever home and getting a dog is for buying a home. They are seriously in it for the long run and that just makes me really happy and sappy as hell.
Last edited by confusedpanda on Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
gif cred: pseudophan on tumblr

User avatar
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Posts: 4188
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:09 pm
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Dan & Phil Part 43: I'll touch you when I please

Post by alittledizzy » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:02 pm

lurker, I agree with a lot of your thoughts, but specifically to this part:
lurker wrote:with respect to phil's room: i do agree that the way they talked about it seemed a bit weird -- dan was all excited about his, while with phil's, they seemed to be more...technical? but i can't imagine phil setting up a whole bedroom just to film in it. that seems so unpractical! i'm wondering if maybe it just has something to do with the fact that now that they have more room (and storage) that they can personalize, their own two rooms are less "essential" to them as a retreat or a personalized space. who knows, maybe phil has the equivalent to the "dan room" upstairs, just that he's using his for something else than filming.
I've seen a few people say they thought setting up a whole bedroom to film in was impractical, but I can't figure it out - why is that more impractical than setting up a studio, or setting up a gaming room? It's furniture, assembled in a way to reflect Phil's personality, the same as every other room. And even if I personally think they're going to sleep in the room that stays more or less off camera, Phil will still have a place that is his when he just wants to lounge, to put all of his clothes, to keep knickknacks that hold special memory to him.

User avatar
autumnhearth
mince pie codex
Posts: 1225
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:44 am
Pronouns: she/her
Location: OH, USA

Re: Dan & Phil Part 43: I'll touch you when I please

Post by autumnhearth » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:14 pm

Wow. So much to take in. This was my first time catching a live show albeit quite late, but the lag was horrible for me on YT so I will definitely be rewatching. Very exciting and very frustrating (technically speaking). Thanks so much chiccola, that clip was great, you're a star!

I'm really happy this is an inbetween space for them. I think they totally deserve to have a swanky city flat for a few years while they continue to be young professional YouTubers. Very excited that Dan has his own separate space to film outside the his bedroom. I didn't read as much weirdness or tension as some of you in moments like the planting seeds *shrug*

Correct me if I'm wrong but I heard that the D&PGs space was its own room, one of them called it an "office" the other said it was a bedroom with a desk in it. So not the smaller lounge they were filming in. Regardless. I'm so happy for them. Who wants to name their flat?

Looking forward to Dan's new video and for future Instagram photos (I really need to sign up now).
auri wrote:
obliviongrace wrote:But also it won't be weird if dinof becomes "Dan Howell" but Phil is still AmazingPhil?
they are also just rebranding PINOF to Phil Howell, obviously.
I'm dying!

VengefulBlue
rainbow nerd
Posts: 239
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:59 am
Pronouns: they/them

Re: Dan & Phil Part 43: I'll touch you when I please

Post by VengefulBlue » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:19 pm

autumnhearth wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong but I heard that the D&PGs space was its own room, one of them called it an "office" the other said it was a bedroom with a desk in it. So not the smaller lounge they were filming in. Regardless. I'm so happy for them. Who wants to name their flat?
yeah, sounds like their new place has 3 bedrooms (dan, phil, gaming room with a bed), 2 lounges ("slounge", upstairs proper lounge with piano), and the extra room/space where dan's moved his videos to.
and phil's named the flat thor

llion
living flop
Posts: 106
Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:45 am
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Dan & Phil Part 43: I'll touch you when I please

Post by llion » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:22 pm

I've seen a few people say they thought setting up a whole bedroom to film in was impractical, but I can't figure it out - why is that more impractical than setting up a studio, or setting up a gaming room? It's furniture, assembled in a way to reflect Phil's personality, the same as every other room. And even if I personally think they're going to sleep in the room that stays more or less off camera, Phil will still have a place that is his when he just wants to lounge, to put all of his clothes, to keep knickknacks that hold special memory to him.
i second this completely! i'm don't think he would just leave it unused outside of filming, more set it up with filming in mind and not typically sleep there.

"phil howell" wow look i'm suddenly on board with renaming look at that
Image
art credit: koreinkorein (thank you!)

User avatar
lurker
philussy
Posts: 495
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:02 pm
Pronouns: they/them

Re: Dan & Phil Part 43: I'll touch you when I please

Post by lurker » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:28 pm

alittledizzy wrote:lurker, I agree with a lot of your thoughts, but specifically to this part:
lurker wrote:with respect to phil's room: i do agree that the way they talked about it seemed a bit weird -- dan was all excited about his, while with phil's, they seemed to be more...technical? but i can't imagine phil setting up a whole bedroom just to film in it. that seems so unpractical! i'm wondering if maybe it just has something to do with the fact that now that they have more room (and storage) that they can personalize, their own two rooms are less "essential" to them as a retreat or a personalized space. who knows, maybe phil has the equivalent to the "dan room" upstairs, just that he's using his for something else than filming.
I've seen a few people say they thought setting up a whole bedroom to film in was impractical, but I can't figure it out - why is that more impractical than setting up a studio, or setting up a gaming room? It's furniture, assembled in a way to reflect Phil's personality, the same as every other room. And even if I personally think they're going to sleep in the room that stays more or less off camera, Phil will still have a place that is his when he just wants to lounge, to put all of his clothes, to keep knickknacks that hold special memory to him.
hm, i've been rethinking this, and i do agree you have a point. i guess to me, for one thing, it seemed a little absurd to go out to buy a bed just to recreate the ap background, but if you boil it down, there's no logical explanation for me to draw the line at a bed specifically. it's just another piece of furniture, after all. the other thing that played into me saying it was impractical is probably that i was thinking: dan was all excited about decorating the new bedroom and the dinof room, so if phil's bedroom will really mostly be used for ap filming, where does this leave his personalized room for rest and recreation? but maybe it just doesn't bother him having filming equipment in his room as it does dan apparently, seeing how dan was the one who said it was terrible and phil didn't even agree (if memory serves right). he seemed content about it, so maybe he likes having all of his things in one room. tl;dr, i agree and the above was just my initial reaction to it; after all we can soundly assume that the arrangement is what suits him best, or else they'd have moved in a different apartment / split the rooms differently.

i love how i'm like "maybe that's what i meant" about my own posts...sorry if this is all jumbled.

i'm gonna knock on wood with the following, but i'm feeling really positive about future dinof content? he seemed excited about the new filming setup, and it seems as if a change of location (and settling down after the moving process) might help with his creativity? plus it seems to have been a very conscious decision for him to move the filming from his bedroom.
thank's you were great

User avatar
shoe
intermittent hibernation
intermittent hibernation
Posts: 235
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:06 pm
Pronouns: they/them

Re: Dan & Phil Part 43: I'll touch you when I please

Post by shoe » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:43 pm

RiriPandaHeart2 wrote:Sorry to bring down the chat mood a bit, but was anyone else kinda bothered during the part when Dan was admitting to sowing seeds about the move in his liveshows and it seemed like Phil was trying to stop him from outrightly admitting it, and then Dan sorta backtracked by saying he admitted it in his liveshows alone in a way that exculpated Phil from the act? I honestly think Dan won't deliberately open up things about their lives without a discussion with Phil, so I don't really believe this part. Maybe it's just me and I'm just too nitpicky. But that part kinda offed me a bit (not that Dan was really planting seeds in the Phandom, because I agree with him that it's the best way to deal with us; what mostly bothered me is Phil sort of trying to deny it, and Dan acquiescing with him). Did we get any hints from Phil about the move? I can't explicitly recall any. But it might be because I'm really sleepy and it's 5 am here and it should be my . :?
This didn't occur to me initially but reading that... yeah... sneaky sneaky Phil. I agree with Dan that it was a good idea to prepare us for this, because there would have been a complete meltdown if he hadn't. And I agree with you that he wouldn't have started hinting without consulting Phil? Would he? Idk, maybe it's Dan who's sneaky? But why would Phil be opposed to hinting? Alternatively why would Phil be opposed to us knowing that he participates in hinting?

I'm going round in circles here.
for me too

User avatar
000dia000
lava lamp
Posts: 993
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:17 pm
Location: Ireland

Re: Dan & Phil Part 43: I'll touch you when I please

Post by 000dia000 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:45 pm

RiriPandaHeart2 wrote:Sorry to bring down the chat mood a bit, but was anyone else kinda bothered during the part when Dan was admitting to sowing seeds about the move in his liveshows and it seemed like Phil was trying to stop him from outrightly admitting it, and then Dan sorta backtracked by saying he admitted it in his liveshows alone in a way that exculpated Phil from the act? I honestly think Dan won't deliberately open up things about their lives without a discussion with Phil, so I don't really believe this part. Maybe it's just me and I'm just too nitpicky. But that part kinda offed me a bit (not that Dan was really planting seeds in the Phandom, because I agree with him that it's the best way to deal with us; what mostly bothered me is Phil sort of trying to deny it, and Dan acquiescing with him). Did we get any hints from Phil about the move? I can't explicitly recall any. But it might be because I'm really sleepy and it's 5 am here and it should be my . :?
I think Phil is more conscientious of what they say and Dan is more inclined to just speak freely, not really care. I do honestly think they were dropping hints (Dan's last liveshow was less hinting rather than just saying it outright imo). I'm not sure what to make of it, I think in this case yeah, they were deliberately toying with the phandom and teasing us, they do kind of like to puppeteer us in a way, but at the same time they know it doesn't go over our heads and we notice. They were deliberately trying to soften and familiarize us with the idea, rather than it come out of completely nowhere. While a casual phan might be shocked, a more intense phan would be outraged and kind of annoyed that they would do it abruptly and a lot of theories would surface (like them being kicked out, a fight, etc.) But I do agree, I think it's kind of funny, but not in a nice way, the gesture does leave a bad taste in my mouth, but everything is for the process of entertainment and we do kind of get the "scraps" of it, in a way.

The white piano sounds god-awful but amazing, all the same. I expect a picture of Dan draped across it, please. I would join in the theorizing of what the new phlat will be like, but I'm too lazy, and we'll find out soon, so I'm just going to eat popcorn and be entertained by what you guys say.
Last edited by 000dia000 on Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
:cactus:

NoOneWantsATortoise
squish
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun May 08, 2016 1:52 am

Re: Dan & Phil Part 43: I'll touch you when I please

Post by NoOneWantsATortoise » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:46 pm

If the bedroom Phil's going to film in is just a set of sorts...there's no reason why it also couldn't act as their new guest room in place of the office (even if they kept the futon to sit on in vids). I'm assuming the room is also downstairs (no dragging the camera up/down stairs -> downstairs = the filming zone -> Phil's filming in his same bedroom set up -> Phil's room must be downstairs) and if it is, a guest room + the snug sounds like a nice little place for family/friends to have their own space while visiting.

llion
living flop
Posts: 106
Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:45 am
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Dan & Phil Part 43: I'll touch you when I please

Post by llion » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:59 pm

shoe wrote:
RiriPandaHeart2 wrote:Sorry to bring down the chat mood a bit, but was anyone else kinda bothered during the part when Dan was admitting to sowing seeds about the move in his liveshows and it seemed like Phil was trying to stop him from outrightly admitting it, and then Dan sorta backtracked by saying he admitted it in his liveshows alone in a way that exculpated Phil from the act? I honestly think Dan won't deliberately open up things about their lives without a discussion with Phil, so I don't really believe this part. Maybe it's just me and I'm just too nitpicky. But that part kinda offed me a bit (not that Dan was really planting seeds in the Phandom, because I agree with him that it's the best way to deal with us; what mostly bothered me is Phil sort of trying to deny it, and Dan acquiescing with him). Did we get any hints from Phil about the move? I can't explicitly recall any. But it might be because I'm really sleepy and it's 5 am here and it should be my . :?
This didn't occur to me initially but reading that... yeah... sneaky sneaky Phil. I agree with Dan that it was a good idea to prepare us for this, because there would have been a complete meltdown if he hadn't. And I agree with you that he wouldn't have started hinting without consulting Phil? Would he? Idk, maybe it's Dan who's sneaky? But why would Phil be opposed to hinting? Alternatively why would Phil be opposed to us knowing that he participates in hinting?

I'm going round in circles here.
for me too
i feel like maybe he's less against the actual hinting and more against us being outright told we're being knowingly hinted at? in the future, it'll make more people on edge and looking for hints instead of just noticing when it happens, and could make people see things that aren't there. not that that doesn't already happen, but it could make things worse to point it out you know. i still haven't watched over what i missed though, so i could be completely off base only going from what i've heard here.
Image
art credit: koreinkorein (thank you!)

pearshaped34
moon room
Posts: 442
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:42 am

Re: Dan & Phil Part 43: I'll touch you when I please

Post by pearshaped34 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:08 pm

Anyone else want to die of cringe when Dan was addressing the audience about how them moving was a bigger deal for *us* than them. It was just so very cringe to me that he genuinely think we are all so obsessed with them that them moving house is going to be on upheaval to our lives. Like don't get me wrong I am undeniably invested in them but for me that translates into being happy for them that they have a new home and also pleased for myself there is going to be new backgrounds in videos as I did get sick of looking at their old rooms. I certainly don't feel like this is a big change for me personally though or that it's something that would have caused any kind of emotional turmoil for me if it had just been sprung on me.

But speaking of the new backgrounds I was really hoping the move would be the end of the IKEA duvets so thanks a lot Phil.
And I am low-key questioning how often those (two sets) of his bed sheets actually get slept on or washed for him to have no desire to replace them five years on. I'm sure the thread count and material quality was not impressive to begin with and he could probably even get a similar design or at least colour scheme if he's particularly attached to that one.

I also found Dan feeling he needed to explain why he was wearing the same shirt two days in a row weird. He most definitely strikes me as the kind of person who'd have no qualms putting the same outfit on two days in a row particularly if he isn't leaving the house.
Last edited by pearshaped34 on Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Posts: 4188
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:09 pm
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Dan & Phil Part 43: I'll touch you when I please

Post by alittledizzy » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:12 pm

000dia000 wrote: I think it's kind of funny, but not in a nice way, the gesture does leave a bad taste in my mouth, but everything is for the process of entertainment and we do kind of get the "scraps" of it, in a way.
I disagree with this, I don't think them dropping hints was for their entertainment at all; I think it was for their sanity. For the reasons you listed in your post - if they did this out of nowhere, there'd have been an awful backlash. Fans feel betrayed that Dan isn't filming in his own bedroom and are hurt over it, even though Dan flat out said in his last liveshow that there wouldn't be a bed in his background anymore. We don't like change, and they know that, and to make their lives easier they softened it as much as they could without outright announcing it.

User avatar
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious
Posts: 1042
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:18 am

Re: Dan & Phil Part 43: I'll touch you when I please

Post by rizzo » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:23 pm

I have so many feelings about today's live show!!!!! That thing put me on an emotional rollercoaster, lemme tell ya.

For one.... renting?!?! My rage is sky-high. If they're actually renting again and aren't just lying to cover up the fact that buying symbolizes a deeper commitment, I s2g I'm gonna have to unstan for a hot moment. These guys are loaded. They could afford to purchase a nice place and not throw their money down the drain. This is so disappointing on purely a financial level. I hope 1 of 2 things is happening - 1) They're lying. or 2) This is transitional (to that eventual house purchase) for just a couple years. Because wowee, what a waste of hard-earned cash.
NoOneWantsATortoise wrote:If the bedroom Phil's going to film in is just a set of sorts...there's no reason why it also couldn't act as their new guest room in place of the office (even if they kept the futon to sit on in vids). I'm assuming the room is also downstairs (no dragging the camera up/down stairs -> downstairs = the filming zone -> Phil's filming in his same bedroom set up -> Phil's room must be downstairs) and if it is, a guest room + the snug sounds like a nice little place for family/friends to have their own space while visiting.
I agree so much with this right here. IIRC, they never mentioned a guest room, which is a thing they've always had in the form of the gaming room/office. We know there are 2 lounges (the unseen one potentially with a couch that could convert into a bed, but who knows?), the master "Dan's" bedroom, Dan's filming room/office, the gaming room (which they clarified is big enough to really set up gaming and though they said it's not much different, I really hope they didn't keep that broken futon???), and Phil's bedroom. So unless there's something we don't know of yet, Phil's room could easily be a guest room and allow him to keep his aesthetic while finally sharing a nice, private bedroom with Dan.
llion wrote:
shoe wrote:
RiriPandaHeart2 wrote:Sorry to bring down the chat mood a bit, but was anyone else kinda bothered during the part when Dan was admitting to sowing seeds about the move in his liveshows and it seemed like Phil was trying to stop him from outrightly admitting it, and then Dan sorta backtracked by saying he admitted it in his liveshows alone in a way that exculpated Phil from the act? I honestly think Dan won't deliberately open up things about their lives without a discussion with Phil, so I don't really believe this part. Maybe it's just me and I'm just too nitpicky. But that part kinda offed me a bit (not that Dan was really planting seeds in the Phandom, because I agree with him that it's the best way to deal with us; what mostly bothered me is Phil sort of trying to deny it, and Dan acquiescing with him). Did we get any hints from Phil about the move? I can't explicitly recall any. But it might be because I'm really sleepy and it's 5 am here and it should be my . :?
This didn't occur to me initially but reading that... yeah... sneaky sneaky Phil. I agree with Dan that it was a good idea to prepare us for this, because there would have been a complete meltdown if he hadn't. And I agree with you that he wouldn't have started hinting without consulting Phil? Would he? Idk, maybe it's Dan who's sneaky? But why would Phil be opposed to hinting? Alternatively why would Phil be opposed to us knowing that he participates in hinting?

I'm going round in circles here.
for me too
i feel like maybe he's less against the actual hinting and more against us being outright told we're being knowingly hinted at? in the future, it'll make more people on edge and looking for hints instead of just noticing when it happens, and could make people see things that aren't there. not that that doesn't already happen, but it could make things worse to point it out you know. i still haven't watched over what i missed though, so i could be completely off base only going from what i've heard here.
I wanted to to say just this! It wasn't exactly smart of Dan to inform us that they do, in fact, drop hints at things. And given that they're potentially hiding one very big secret that they may or may not also be dropping hints about... Well, Dan's just kinda admitted it? So I don't think Phil cared so much about the move being hinted at and definitely more so the confirmation that we get clues. And even bigger: That we're not all crazy. They do build things up and slowly let things slip. That perhaps the Post-Baking (more-comfortable-with-each-other, touchy-feely, open) Universe is a very real things and we haven't completely lost our minds.

My last thing before this post gets obnoxious is just my feelings on all of this? I'm not gonna pretend I'm not sad. I really want to have that mental image of all their rooms and where they live and how happy they are. But I respect that they want privacy and more than that, I'm a bit selfishly excited that they're getting it? Like, if we're never gonna see "Dan's" bedroom, there's room to assume it's not just his. Ya know what I mean? Where as before we were told to believe they had 2 very separate bedrooms, now we're just kinda being told not to think anything at all.... I don't mind it so much.

But all that said, I do hope we get some solid glimpses into their new space. As an avid addict of House Hunters, I'm so curious.

User avatar
missemma
dirty bitch
dirty bitch
Posts: 1662
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:08 pm
Location: in the pub

Re: Dan & Phil Part 43: I'll touch you when I please

Post by missemma » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:30 pm

So annoyed with myself because I made a really long post and previewed it without copy & pasting and lost the whole thing, fecking idiot. I'm going to try and repost it, but it probably won't be as long because I timestamped and I cba to do that in detail again.

Okay, I started off by saying:
is everyone sitting down, because I am coming here to tell you all MY PHAN GOOGLES ARE WELL AND TRUELY ON PEOPLE. This liveshow couldn't have been more glorious. I watched it with a smile, they were so happy and so cute and well, the phan thing slowly kicked in and I can kinda see why some of you are in the pink trash can (I am half way there right now). There were a few things that I noted from the liveshow, I'm sorry if you've all touched on them already, I havent even read through the rest of the posts yet as I was excited to come here and jot down my thoughts (who knew I was going to have to do this twice, rip me and going to bed at a decent time).
Okay my thoughts and timestamps from the youtube uploaded version:

> They said that the new apartment was a duplex, but then made it sound more complex than that.
5:12 Dan "what I will say is, if any of you guys were like 'i can't understand the plan of dan and phils apartment' from our old youtube videos, if you see a dan sketch where i'm running about and you were like 'how do they have all these rooms', this apartment aha, it's like the next level"
Phil: *doing hand gestures* "levels".
Dan: "um, it's really weird and doesn't make any sense".
Now I really want to see the floor plans.

> Their little wah-wah-wah noises were so cute at 5:53. Phils "unfortunately we are still renting" was interesting to me but actually started my phan google transformation (for tonight at least).

> I thought they might do a tour of the apartment at some point, because at the beginning they kept saying they couldn't do it because of the boxes, but actually as the liveshow progressed there were more times when I felt they would keep certain areas (Dan's room & upstairs definitely) private and not show them to us. The times that stuck out to me for this was:
10:45
Dan: "whereas my bedroom was like so ugly, and i've completely changed everything. i've kept like a couple..everything that was silver i've kept, my new bedroom looks like the moon..it's got a floating white bed....i guess you'll have to wait for some kind of dinof sketch where i'm sad and rolling out of bed"
Phil: "yeah, show the edge of the bed".
- so he's not going to be showing us too much of the room anytime soon
and this is totally what his bed looks like - pretencious af amirite?:
Image
11:43
Phil: "apartment tour..i think i'd like you to naturally see parts of the apartment..but you will see most of it like *lag is so real* instagrams"
Dan: "*lag* I love apartment tours, if any other youtuber put that up i'd be eating that up"
Phil: "but you don't really want to do it...i guess you'll just see it as it unfolds".
15:37
Dan: "i'll tell you where my dinof videos are" *tapping glass*...it's just like a corner in there"
25:16
Dan: "filming videos in the place that you live is really cool for you...no like the lounge and everything, cos your house is just filled with cameras and tripods and stuff all the time. so the gaming channel was our actual office, and the bedrooms were our actual bedrooms and we didn't film much in the living room but it was really annoying..but now the dinof desk is not in my bedroom".
Phil: "I'm still filming in my actual bedroom"
Dan: "so have fun".
27:57
Dan: "so this is where we are going to film videos because its nice and it's got all our things and we like it, and that means that because the other kind of lounge is upstairs, we don't have to carry a camera up the stairs" - using exercise as an excuse even though a camera isn't that heavy at all.

> The main phan googles moment for me was at 13:50 when someone asks when they will get a dog.
Phil: "maybe...one day" - he was so soft right here and it was so sweet
Dan: "well, when a house is bought i guess"


> Them trying to tell us the new gaming room is exactly the same as the last one
14:50 - Dan "is a gaming channel cave"
Phil: "what i'm saying is it's exactly the same as the last one but 25% bigger".
Okay, imagining them taking that broken sofa bed with them and having it set up EXACTLY the same now - i will kill them if they do that haha! Are they keeping the downstairs the same for us, so we don't want to know more about the rest of the house!?

Also, I thought they moved because the internet was so bad in the last place, wow the lag was so real that the new internet is also baaaaad.
respect to anyone who does timestamps because wow that was long, listening to what they said and then typing it out haha!
:prideheart: :prideheart: :prideheart:

MaggieW
glabella
Posts: 70
Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:08 pm
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Dan & Phil Part 43: I'll touch you when I please

Post by MaggieW » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:37 pm

Haven't watched the last liveshow since I'm moving our from my current place too and I've spent all day moving boxes and clothes and furniture and more boxes.

So now I'm going to watch it. I'm so excited to hear everything from the new house. I'm a happy trash can

llion
living flop
Posts: 106
Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:45 am
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Dan & Phil Part 43: I'll touch you when I please

Post by llion » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:47 pm

rizzo wrote:My last thing before this post gets obnoxious is just my feelings on all of this? I'm not gonna pretend I'm not sad. I really want to have that mental image of all their rooms and where they live and how happy they are. But I respect that they want privacy and more than that, I'm a bit selfishly excited that they're getting it? Like, if we're never gonna see "Dan's" bedroom, there's room to assume it's not just his. Ya know what I mean? Where as before we were told to believe they had 2 very separate bedrooms, now we're just kinda being told not to think anything at all.... I don't mind it so much.
you put the feeling into words! i've been battling with how to describe my sadness along with my excitement for them. it's such a bittersweet feeling, with the emphasis on the sweet, like it's almost more comforting not to know now. the change feels natural and i'm glad they're letting themselves have some things be just for them.
Image
art credit: koreinkorein (thank you!)

majitzu
angel bean
Posts: 1022
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:22 pm
Location: South America

Re: Dan & Phil Part 43: I'll touch you when I please

Post by majitzu » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:57 pm

Reading idb ... phan googles reads user's name missemma read again phan googles reads user's name missemma ... Looks up and pays attention to classes for 20 seconds... goes back to idb... I'm not dreaming. Emma are you ok? Welcome to a half phantrash life
Image

Locked