Dan & Phil Part 43: I'll touch you when I please

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
oqua
nose pervert
nose pervert
Pronouns: she/her

Image Image
Image Image
gif credit: pseudophan

Continue here!

gif credit: clotpolesandswans
busy being happy~
Jenny
squish
Pronouns: she/her/hers

Perfect title
autumnhearth
senpai

Yes perfect title! I love the Golf with Friends videos and that quote especially.

I'm relatively new to the Phandom. In November some of my shippy mutuals on Tumblr kept posting gifs from the Halloween baking video and that was my gate way drug. I've been ill for over a month and during this time I've gone from low key to high key shipping Phan. I blame sleepless nights and delving too deep into the Internet. Oops.

I'm either an awful or wonderful mum, as my son watches them with me (once I've previewed them). The rule in our house is don't repeat anything that comes out of Dan's mouth. I recently got the free month YouTubeRed trial so that we could watch TATINOF and the documentary. We loved them and now want the books!

My husband watches their Sims series with me and is open to their other gaming videos and their Japan DITL. He also totally judges me for my obsessions but I'm feeling pretty blessed by his mild interest.

I did want to add to the "out"/secret relationship discussion to say that as someone who is in a seemingly heteronormative relationship (I'm pansexual and my husband is non-bianary but outwardly masculine) it is easy to forget what it is like for same sex couples. My ex-girlfriend and her wife never hold hands in public except in a small gay haven in Massachusetts where they got married. I was such an out and proud teen in high school and college that it is hard to imagine being closeted, but I completely understand why they would choose to be. It's a scary world, with or without the fame added.

I love all the photos we have been getting of their travels. Fingers crossed for a DITL video. But really I just want them to be happy and healthy.

Also! I'm all for Phil trying out a quiff and glasses look. There have been times he's reminded me of a pale skinny Zachary Quinto... um minus the eyebrows and facial hair... But yes, quiff please!
Last edited by autumnhearth on Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:52 am, edited 3 times in total.
pastelspectre
stress mushroom
Pronouns: he/him

just wanted to say this title is perfect and pleases me

also a perfect post for 200. i was waiting for a good post to make for my 200th post
:transheart:
Susanisnotafish
flower crown
Pronouns: She/her

Welcome Autumnhearth! Glad to have another married mum here. I tofo watch with my daughted - shes a teenager- and she doesn't repeat strong Dan language. My husband isn't into dnp but maybe I should work on that.

For me all signs point to there being a DITL Singapore.

Not sure if this is discussion worthy or on topic but here goes.

Dans latest tweet about craving validation (I know he would say everything he says is a joke but I think he speaks the truth) made me think of how much it must have meant to him for Phil to bring him up on stage at the Boncas. Or is he just insecure about his looks?
"Rub those freckles all over me!" --Daniel Howell
pilotlight
#relatable

autumnhearth wrote: I'm either an awful or wonderful mum, as my son watches them with me (once I've previewed them). The rule in our house is don't repeat anything that comes out of Dan's mouth.
This seems like a good policy.
:welcome:
VengefulBlue
rainbow nerd
Pronouns: they/them

hey guys

on kids watching dnp: i've tried to get my nephew to watch phil, but he's not into it (i was trying to save myself from minecraft videos, lol)

on being "out": another thing is that being public about queer relationships can make people assume that you're totally gay, whether that's true or not. and that sometimes feels like losing an important part of who you are.

on dan's latest tweet: he's been taking risks, style-wise, so it could just be him questioning if we like the new softer dan. boncas fits into that for me, the need for validation after taking risks. back then it was the increased dnp co-branding, right now it's aesthetics and appearance. (or i'm reading too much into it, and he was having an ugly day and wanting some reassurance that he's good looking.)

on ditl: yes dear god please

soz if i make no sense, it's late here
Susanisnotafish
flower crown

Welcome! Glad to hear your thoughts! And they do make sense, at least to me!
cherrybomb3
cheeky #spon

VengefulBlue wrote:hey guys

on kids watching dnp: i've tried to get my nephew to watch phil, but he's not into it (i was trying to save myself from minecraft videos, lol)

on being "out": another thing is that being public about queer relationships can make people assume that you're totally gay, whether that's true or not. and that sometimes feels like losing an important part of who you are.

on dan's latest tweet: he's been taking risks, style-wise, so it could just be him questioning if we like the new softer dan. boncas fits into that for me, the need for validation after taking risks. back then it was the increased dnp co-branding, right now it's aesthetics and appearance. (or i'm reading too much into it, and he was having an ugly day and wanting some reassurance that he's good looking.)

on ditl: yes dear god please

soz if i make no sense, it's late here
:welcome:
captainspacecoat
stress mushroom

I'm still unconvinced that there'll be a Singapore ditl, even though I desperately want one. I just feel like the camera Dan was holding in the photo where they're sitting on the ground isn't the one they usually vlog with (if I remember correctly?), and the fact that it was on a lanyard around his neck makes me think it wouldn't be the most convenient for vlogging. Maybe he was just down low to get those aesthetic phallic cactus shots

BUT having said that, I really hope I'm proven wrong as I would love a Singapore ditl and it would make a lot of sense for them to post one (ditls seem to be annual for them so Singapore would be a great opportunity to get this year's done), I'm just trying not to get my hopes up so as to avoid disappointment if it doesn't happen.

Also autumnhearth welcome!! You sound like a pretty wonderful mum to me!

Edit: and also welcome VengefulBlue!!!!
Susanisnotafish
flower crown

On the subject of captainspacecoat's profile pic: I was just watching Dans live show from Sept. 6, 2016 and someone asked if he would ever paint his nails a color other than black and Dan said he had some clear with glitter but that he hated it bc he just felt the glitter lumps. So I wonder why he ended up using the glitter polish again. Maybe someone told him about wearing a top coat to make it feel smooth. Or he's of the mindset that sometimes you have to make sacrifices for the sake of beauty.
flurry
living flop

On the subject of D&P not sitting close/engaging in PDA especially at that Gardens area:

Homosexuality is technically outlawed in Singapore - there is literally a law that specifically bans it, although it has not been actually used to prosecute anyone as far as I know. It's also quite a conservative country, although there have been improvements in recent years, most people especially the older generation remain very steeped in traditional values. So it would be actually dangerous for them to publicly demonstrate affection especially in foreign countries.

I also agree that the supposed openness on the internet does not correlate to similar openness in real life.

On the Yasuhati video: I didn't like the last one all that much but I really enjoyed this one despite not knowing most of the songs they were singing (I have granny music tastes I think). It was really funny though! I enjoyed Phil's caterwauling and them singing together at the end was a treat.
RachelPhan
delia smith

On kids watching YouTube: my 2 1/2 year old has been "watching" the boys most of her life, one of her first "words" was Dan, she can now say Phil and sounds cute as heck saying it lol! On the phone to fellow Phan auntie kathrynxjane last night and we asked her does she believe in Phan, she said Phan friends, so she is obviously phangnostic (how I don't know,I didn't raise her that way )

Also my sister and her partner and my bff and her partner do not pda/hold in hands in public purely because here is a chance some homophobe could attack them,also I don't hold hands with my fiance because we've been together that long we can't be arsed so deppy not showing affection in public isn't really closeted,more what I consider normal LTR behaviour
cherrybomb3
cheeky #spon

gosh all you guys are all distinguished and married and with childs and successful im jealous
Susanisnotafish
flower crown

cherrybomb3 wrote:gosh all you guys are all distinguished and married and with childs and successful im jealous
You were probs being sarcastic, but just in case, I'm not a whole lot to be jealous of (dull marriage, unemployed). Got a cool daughter tho. Mostly I just live vicariously thru deppy.
SexyTrashCan
morning quiff

flurry wrote:On the subject of D&P not sitting close/engaging in PDA especially at that Gardens area:

Homosexuality is technically outlawed in Singapore - there is literally a law that specifically bans it, although it has not been actually used to prosecute anyone as far as I know. It's also quite a conservative country, although there have been improvements in recent years, most people especially the older generation remain very steeped in traditional values. So it would be actually dangerous for them to publicly demonstrate affection especially in foreign countries.
Yeah I was thinking of pointing that out when I saw some posts about it but decided against it
:D
pearshaped34
morning quiff

While this discussion is interesting I hate that it's sparked from them sitting a few feet apart. Surely they should be able to do that without us needing to debate the reason? Whether you believe they are a couple or BFF there is nothing weird or unusual about them sitting with enough space to stretch out on the grass.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

cherrybomb3 wrote:gosh all you guys are all distinguished and married and with childs and successful im jealous
Don't worry sis, I'm a 24 year old mentally ill and unemployed college dropout who lives with her parents and won't move out for the next 3 years at least. #relatable
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
VengefulBlue
rainbow nerd
Pronouns: they/them

pearshaped34 wrote:Whether you believe they are a couple or BFF there is nothing weird or unusual about them sitting with enough space to stretch out on the grass.
yeah. they're in a hot humid place and dan was clearly setting up a camera and they're both giants; regardless of relationship and laws and all that, anyone would be a few feet apart, to stay cool, to set up, to stretch out. all those important things.
blackdenim
procrastinator

Catallena wrote:
Don't worry sis, I'm a 24 year old mentally ill and unemployed college dropout who lives with her parents and won't move out for the next 3 years at least. #relatable
28 year old living with my dad for the forseeable future, because my fiance/partner of many years left me, over here if that doesn't make everyone else feel better about themselves I don't know what will

(Also aware my comments sparked the holding hands, etc. discussion. I wasn't referring specifically to that picture, I understand two men probably wouldn't want to PDA in Singapore because of cultural attitudes, and I also imagine it was hot enough to not want to be sat right next to anyone. Was talking more generally)
Lucyrg95
sofa crease

I'm also a 22 year old college drop out with GAD who never leaves the house without my mum
Ashling Rae
*editing tips*

blackdenim wrote:
Catallena wrote:
28 year old living with my dad for the forseeable future, because my fiance/partner of many years left me, over here if that doesn't make everyone else feel better about themselves I don't know what will
I guess this is a good enough time to jump into this thread, I as I am a 23 y/o about to move back in with dad because I had to choose between owning a car and being free to do things or renting an apartment and being stuck exactly where I was for the forseeable future. Also recently left by a partner of 5 years, but hey that turned out to be the best thing he's ever done for me.

On the topic of Dan and Phil sitting far apart- did I miss something? I think I missed something. Can someone explain?
SquishPhan
capita£ester

Ashling Rae wrote:On the topic of Dan and Phil sitting far apart- did I miss something? I think I missed something. Can someone explain?
It was this tweet/pic that started the discussion.
pearshaped34
morning quiff

Ashling Rae wrote: On the topic of Dan and Phil sitting far apart- did I miss something? I think I missed something. Can someone explain?
As Squishfan shared somebody took that creep shot of them and a poster here questioned why they would be sitting so far apart and then another poster asked something along the lines of why if they are not caught cuddling and kissing in public do people believe they're a couple. Cue a discussion on homophobia and why same-sex couples often aren't affectionate in public.

Which was an interesting discussion but the fact it's came from them sitting a few feet apart is giving me a deep internal cringe as that is a perfectly normal distance for any two people to sit.
I get the same cringe when one of them is caught out in public without the other and people question what's going on. Even when Dan took a fan selfie alone outside his doctors people were questioning why Phil wouldn't have went with him. It's just a bit ridiculous to expect them to be attached at the hip at all times even if you do believe their a couple. (Particularly as in this case the are literally on vacation together and only sitting a few feet apart).
onetruetrash
blobfish

Wow, so many of you guys are in your 20s, I guess I'm the only 15-year-old here!