Phil's shirt in the background of Emma & Luke kissing?

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
throwaway
crusty sponge

So here is the picture Evan Edinger put up of them kissing that caused controversy.
He said in Luke's recent video (Why We Stopped Being Friends..., 8:52) that in the background there were these two youtuber's groping each other

Now a galaxy shirt is present in the image, could it be possible that it is Phil and his gf kissing each other?

The reason why I don't think its dan
When the charlieskies and danisnotonfire thing went down, I cannot find the tweet but Luke said something like 'if you're gay no one will mind' and dan said ' lol ty....'

he wouldn't ask if he knew.

Just another speculation. Of course it could always be someone else as galaxy shirts re popular and stuff, also I don't think Luke and Phil have ever hung out together as friends.
dannonfill
spork
Pronouns: they/them

You mind actually linking the picture? Seems you didn't. Although you lost me at "Phil and his gf", I'm curious to see it since I missed that whole "controversy".
... let's talk about house plants.
throwaway
crusty sponge

I cannot link pictures because I am a new account.
shoe
Moderator Emeritus

throwaway wrote:I cannot link pictures because I am a new account.
Hi there, welcome to idb!
Now that you are no longer a first time poster, you should be able to embed images. If the image was in a tweet, and the tweet has not been deleted, you should be able to embed the tweet using the twitter embed code. Bare in mind, however, that this could bring more attention to the tweet, and doing this with old tweets can prompt the owner to delete them, so using a site like imgur may be preferable. Here is a handy guide to embedding different media types into posts. If you have any further trouble after following the instructions in that thread (read the whole thread, as some changes have been made to codes since the forum was first made), you are welcome to contact a mod or admin for help.

The youtube video you reference is this one

It sounds to me a lot more like the two youtubers "groping each other" were Luke and Emma, who were in a relationship for several years, and initially this was not public knowlege on youtube. Evan failing to respect Emma and Luke’s privacy seems much more likely to bother Luke enough to potentially endanger his friendship with Evan, than Evan failing to respect the privacy of some other youtubers who Luke barely knows.

I believe Luke owns a purple galaxy pattern t-shirt, which I think he as worn in videos. If you were going by hair, Luke has dyed his hair various colours over the years, and at one point it was black, and cut quite similarly to Phil's.
malday
emo goose

throwaway wrote: The reason why I don't think its dan
When the charlieskies and danisnotonfire thing went down, I cannot find the tweet but Luke said something like 'if you're gay no one will mind' and dan said ' lol ty....'
That's not even the same Luke
throwaway
crusty sponge

This is the tweet. https://twitter.com/evanedinger/status/ ... 16?lang=en

Its not Luke, because Luke is the main person in the image
throwaway
crusty sponge

Also the video is question was from 8:52
shoe
Moderator Emeritus

throwaway wrote:This is the tweet. https://twitter.com/evanedinger/status/ ... 16?lang=en

Ah I see! Having the full image (and also going back a bit further in the video for more context) your claim makes a lot more sense. I mean it could be Dan and Phil, or Phil and someone else, or really anyone who might wear a purple galaxy t-shirt, and anyone else. Idk, I'm really not particularly interested in "proof" at this point. You're not wrong to post it here, there may be other people interested in sherlocking it but if that did turn out to be Phil, the thing I'd be most surprised about is him being willingly that close to Emma Blackery in an informal setting.
Moonbeamsonthepath
living flop
Pronouns: she

It looks like the guy whose hand is on Phil is wearing a black t-shirt/jumper, though, doesn't it? And it would be just like Emma of the past to go "YES, I dare you to tweet that" if it was D&P. But yeah, it could be anybody. Maybe they weren't even talking about them, but about the person on the top right. I keep thinking that PJ has a sweater just like it, but I looked over his video thumbnails and couldn't find it
l8er_sk8er
delia smith

This person in question is probably youtuber who now lives in LA. I found photo of him in (I'm pretty sure) same t-shirt. Dan and Phil would never sit this close to each other then there is Emma/Luke and Even with the camera. This looks like photo that was taken at a friends party where somebody of the group constantly make out and the rest of the group decided to pose like everybody kissing.
ImageImage
Edit: watched the part of the video about about the photo. Dan and Phil celebrating new 2014 year this Emma and Even? After the fun 2013 twitter interaction...Yeah
throwaway
crusty sponge

shoe wrote:
throwaway wrote:This is the tweet. https://twitter.com/evanedinger/status/ ... 16?lang=en

Ah I see! Having the full image (and also going back a bit further in the video for more context) your claim makes a lot more sense. I mean it could be Dan and Phil, or Phil and someone else, or really anyone who might wear a purple galaxy t-shirt, and anyone else. Idk, I'm really not particularly interested in "proof" at this point. You're not wrong to post it here, there may be other people interested in sherlocking it but if that did turn out to be Phil, the thing I'd be most surprised about is him being willingly that close to Emma Blackery in an informal setting.

Why would they not be that close to Emma? Do they not like her?
SquishPhan
capita£ester
Pronouns: she/her

throwaway wrote:
shoe wrote:

Why would they not be that close to Emma? Do they not like her?
If you want to know more about the whole Emma thing then I suggest you read this topic: http://indepthbants.com/topic559.html
shoe
Moderator Emeritus

This appears to be a more complete image
Moonbeamsonthepath
living flop
Pronouns: she

Well, that's that cleared up then :)

Why did I get my hopes up