Daniel & Phil Part 44: This isn't a forever home

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
blackdenim
procrastinator

fancybum wrote:
Moonbeamsonthepath wrote:Now this is just weird. Why does he have a problem with being called Dan?
us: Dan Howell
Daniel, an intellectual: Daniel Howell
I love this meme so much and this iteration has tears of laughter rolling down my face thank u.

P.S. so this isn't pointless at the top of the page, I reckon the video is going to have a pretentious/condescending 'what's in a name anyway?' type vibe.
Last edited by blackdenim on Mon May 01, 2017 8:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kathrynxjane
janice from the shop
Pronouns: She/Her

Daniel. How interesting? It is always Dan Howell. Wonder if he will explain it.

Rip Dinof and Pinof
"You can't just pull it out and put it in without a plan." Dan Howell 2015
onetruetrash
blobfish

HOLY SHIT I JUST SAW WHAT HAPPENED OMFG WTF IS EVEN HAPPENING
Moonbeamsonthepath
living flop
Pronouns: she

saffarinda wrote:
Moonbeamsonthepath wrote:Now this is just weird. Why does he have a problem with being called Dan?
I don't think he has a problem with it, I think he just might appreciate the sophisticated edge Daniel has over Dan
fancybum wrote: us: Dan Howell
Daniel, an intellectual: Daniel Howell

I don't think choosing to use the full name indicates a problem with being called Dan though lmao, maybe he thinks it sounds more professional.
Good point, I didn't think of that
bluntedclaws
rainbow nerd
Pronouns: she/her

bee wrote:I'm thinking he's gonna start the video with "Hi! My name is.. Dan(iel)"
Omg that would be hilarious!
I hope he does talk about why he chose to go with Daniel rather than Dan though. I'm quite intrigued. (Also v relieved that this is DEF not going to be another ISG)
Sorry if I say something wrong. My first language is sarcasm. I've never really learned English
jhamba
procrastinator

Bekah wrote:I'm going to call it now, Daniel will be temporary.
actually, I think this is very likely. But, you know, as long as he doesn't try to target his marginal straight male audience, I'll be fine.
Just trying to spread the Dangirl agenda
SquishPhan
capita£ester

saffarinda wrote:Someone needs to find that old radio clip of Dan saying "I'm more of a Dan than a Daniel" because that just got 10000% more relevant
Maybe he changed so much that he now feels more like a Daniel than a Dan. Or he just thought it sounded better/more professional.
Still calling him Dan in my head and on here though.
AmazingOCD
glabella

Phandom members on IDB: All i can say is that you are on an absolute roll this year with your predictions....

I will miss danisnotonfire and I really, really hope that Daniel is shortened down to Dan again soon.
Honestly, Daniel will take some getting used to...
It's a good thing to be strange. Normalness leads to sadness - Phil Lester
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

+1 for was not expecting Daniel. He didn't like the name Danny a few years ago either, but he's been more comfortable with a few things lately. Early 20s are a time for a lot of change. +1 also for is he actually posting a video? Curiosity vs sleep
lurker
janice from the shop
Pronouns: they/them

damn daniel, i want to see the video

also he could have at least have danisnotonfire redirect to danielhowell on tumblr smh
thank's you were great
llion
living flop

AmazingOCD wrote:Phandom members on IDB: All i can say is that you are on an absolute roll this year with your predictions....

I will miss danisnotonfire and I really, really hope that Daniel is shortened down to Dan again soon.
Honestly, Daniel will take some getting used to...
seconded! wow. dan was expected, daniel is a shock.
art credit: koreinkorein (thank you!)
plath
sofa crease

fancybum wrote:I don't think choosing to use the full name indicates a problem with being called Dan though lmao, maybe he thinks it sounds more professional.
I think so too. It's the kind of name you'd go by as a working professional - one that you'd see on a business card or a CV. "Dan" is what you'd call your mate down the pub. To me it indicates a new era of professionalism - he's reinforcing boundaries and dividing the public and private (echoing the divide seen in their new flat between public workspace downstairs and private living quarters).

This is mostly just speculation though, I'd like to hear Dan's Daniel's own reasoning behind it first.
nope.
fondsmiles
phabergé

omg @ mods YOU CHANGED THE FORUM NAME AND EVERYTHING i love you
[x]
[x]
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

fondsmiles wrote:omg @ mods YOU CHANGED THE FORUM NAME AND EVERYTHING i love you
Well we have to fit in with the branding don't we

I actually like Daniel, I'm expecting him to fully rebrand, get rid of his black aesthetic and everything. I wish he'd hurry up and upload the video though.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
lishachi
eclipse shirt

missemma wrote:
fondsmiles wrote:omg @ mods YOU CHANGED THE FORUM NAME AND EVERYTHING i love you
Well we have to fit in with the branding don't we

I actually like Daniel, I'm expecting him to fully rebrand, get rid of his black aesthetic and everything. I wish he'd hurry up and upload the video though.
You guys are the fucking best.
:biflag: :blackheart:
Moon
spork

Rip danny fire
That's the plan.
Philena
blobfish

Well done, moderators.
fancybum
senpai

He should have just posted it like ripping off a bandaid, the longer the wait the more terrified I am it will be the worst thing I've ever seen and I'm getting stressed
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
lurker
janice from the shop

i just remembered "i need to embrace daniel more" from pastel edits... was the whole video and daniel-dream-x/daniel-x-dream part of an elaborate plan to "plant seeds"...
thank's you were great
Appa
dank meme

say goodbye to phan

say hello to phaniel
llion
living flop

you know this means dan is... not not on fire anymore. danielisnotnotonfire
art credit: koreinkorein (thank you!)
VengefulBlue
rainbow nerd

plath wrote:
fancybum wrote:I don't think choosing to use the full name indicates a problem with being called Dan though lmao, maybe he thinks it sounds more professional.
I think so too. It's the kind of name you'd go by as a working professional - one that you'd see on a business card or a CV. "Dan" is what you'd call your mate down the pub. To me it indicates a new era of professionalism - he's reinforcing boundaries and dividing the public and private (echoing the divide seen in their new flat between public workspace downstairs and private living quarters).

This is mostly just speculation though, I'd like to hear Dan's Daniel's own reasoning behind it first.
agreed. plus, maybe daniel is trying to be more focused on the 'work' aspect of youtube? so maybe we'll get more/higher quality content, like a lot of ppl here want
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

fancybum wrote:He should have just posted it like ripping off a bandaid, the longer the wait the more terrified I am it will be the worst thing I've ever seen and I'm getting stressed
Don't worry, it'll just be "Daniel Howell - Internet Support Group #1"
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
SquishPhan
capita£ester

plath wrote:

This is how I see it as well.

Loving the change mods.
fancybum
senpai

missemma wrote:
fancybum wrote:He should have just posted it like ripping off a bandaid, the longer the wait the more terrified I am it will be the worst thing I've ever seen and I'm getting stressed
Don't worry, it'll just be "Daniel Howell - Internet Support Group #1"
Well at least with that we'd finally know for sure how much he truly hates us.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me