Daniel & Phil Part 44: This isn't a forever home

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
SexyTrashCan
morning quiff
Pronouns: she/her

Not trying to go off on yo guys but really this makes my blood boil. Any person I've met who is from a different culture (China. Japan, etc) LOVES sharing their culture with people who are white like myself. The only people I see mad about this bs is white people. What exactly are you trying to achieve, I live in Wales and I see people who are English wearing the Welsh flag or using Welsh phrases or calling Welsh a beautiful language, should I yell at them for cultural appropriation and turn them bitter?
All this is is two guys who happen to be white. Sorry, can't fucking help that, who love Japanese culture and I know Japanese people themselves love people loving their culture. You achieve nothing by doing this as an in a way ignorant white person but cause drama. You are not exactly single handedly preserving the culture of Japan.
:D
SquishPhan
capita£ester

alittledizzy wrote:Dan dragging Phil for that alien cranium.
I do enjoy it when they drag each other. although we all know that he loves that alien shaped head
SexyTrashCan
morning quiff

On another note, on Facebook Dan said full rebranding is incoming
SexyTrashCan
morning quiff

SexyTrashCan wrote:Not trying to go off on yo guys but really this makes my blood boil. Any person I've met who is from a different culture (China. Japan, etc) LOVES sharing their culture with people who are white like myself. The only people I see mad about this bs is white people. What exactly are you trying to achieve, I live in Wales and I see people who are English wearing the Welsh flag or using Welsh phrases or calling Welsh a beautiful language, should I yell at them for cultural appropriation and turn them bitter?
All this is is two guys who happen to be white. Sorry, can't fucking help that, who love Japanese culture and I know Japanese people themselves love people loving their culture. You achieve nothing by doing this as an in a way ignorant white person but cause drama. You are not exactly single handedly preserving the culture of Japan.
Actually, I'd like to give an example that may shock you!
Although this isn't specifically about Japan, I take Mandarin lessons in my school (shocking, wow, I know, a person as white as I am learning Mandarin, how dare I!), and one week I was the only one who showed up and the school network was down, so the teacher (who is extremely nice) spent the whole hour talking about her home life, festivals New Year traditions etc, and asking me questions about Welsh and Christmas. She also said that she went to a Chinese restaurant, and said the food there wasn't the same as home, but that she enjoyed seeing how English people had their own foods, like fish and chips (which she hadn't tried yet but intended to) and even their own take on Chinese food. That's right, she enjoyed seeing her culture in the UK and seeing how white people CHANGED it! Shocking, I know!
Edit: Oops, in my anger, I accidentally double posed, sorry! :facepalm:
allsaintshowell
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

reverse racism doesn't exist and your white faves are problematic goodbye i'm not discussing this matter anymore like,,, the fact still stands that this isn't okay and i'm not gonna deal with white people bitching at me for calling my faves out #done

n e ways, i'm excited for the dinof video on monday. i wonder if he'll mention moving in the video as it's the last video ever from the old apartment.
Image Image
autumnhearth
senpai

SexyTrashCan wrote:On another note, on Facebook Dan said full rebranding is incoming
Had to head over there for context. It was in reply to "since you're fully embracing your pastel personas why isn't your name danielxdream already?" So his reply could just be cheeky.

(I have absolutely nothing to add to the cultural appropriation subject. It is really tricky and I'm usually an overly politically correct white person, but I'm not feeling it in this case.)

I don't have any desire to buy the new merch, but they sure do look soft in it. I do wish they had some kids clothes (I know, I know NOT their target audience). I will probably get my son their plushies for his birthday and maybe the 2018 calendar for Christmas.
Ablissa
pastel persona

The fact that them using Japanese kanji on their merch might be offensive hasn't even occurred to me. Perhaps I'm inconsiderate or just don't really mind things like that.
I'm sure they meant no harm, they genuinely do seem to love Japan and Japanese culture.

And just in case - I don't mean no harm either.

@the rebranding thing on FB
Seems like a joke for me, but I am curious about Monday's video Although I do agree that there doesn't seem to be much he could change at this point, but he might still surprise us.

@merch overall
I don't mind them using the same design (I'm so boring, I hardly ever mind anything). They look cute and Cornelia is GORGEOUS Are she and Martyn engaged? Noticed the ring on her finger and got curious.
SexyTrashCan
morning quiff

allsaintshowell wrote:reverse racism doesn't exist and your white faves are problematic goodbye i'm not discussing this matter anymore like,,, the fact still stands that this isn't okay and i'm not gonna deal with white people bitching at me for calling my faves out #done

n e ways, i'm excited for the dinof video on monday. i wonder if he'll mention moving in the video as it's the last video ever from the old apartment.
I SINCERELY hope you are just trolling at this point because if not...
Because honestly this is how so many people act when presented with actual logic and it's sad and pathetic.
What's sadder is that I think you may have started off with points that you thought were valid, but now you've turned around and pretend you are trolling because you know how weak your arguments are
iero
phabergé

gona share my 2 cents. i personally wouldn't feel comfortable buying the japan merch. i would if it was a japanese brand/somebody japanese made it but d&p don't even know japanese and they used it purely for aesthetic purposes like using a language as a costume. just doesn't sit right with me sorry
SexyTrashCan
morning quiff

iero wrote:gona share my 2 cents. i personally wouldn't feel comfortable buying the japan merch. i would if it was a japanese brand/somebody japanese made it but d&p don't even know japanese and they used it purely for aesthetic purposes like using a language as a costume. just doesn't sit right with me sorry
I really don't want t pick fights but that's how it ended up but like I said people love sharing their culture and they have no issue with this, so what exactly is the issue?
jaej
moon room
Pronouns: he/they/idm

i cant believe dan and phil invented my ethnicity thank u for inventing being japanese #kingofnippon
my name is jaejmine masters and i have something to say. dan and phil have fucked up japan :japhan:
phil lester threw the first brick at stonewall, we love a queer icon :biflag:
/fɪl lɛstɚ/
sad dimple

So real question here... when Japanese stores put random English phrases on stuff and it basically looks like giberish, is that cultural appropriation or?

OH AND I JUST GOT A NOTIF FOR A SURPRISE DAPG WOO
I am always on Phil Lester's side
SexyTrashCan
morning quiff

/fɪl lɛstɚ/ wrote:So real question here... when Japanese stores put random English phrases on stuff and it basically looks like giberish, is that cultural appropriation or?
Exactly! But honestly raising this point is pointless because some people don't listen to logic
simmehchan
butt chair

"I think stalking someone to become their friend is rather weird" - Phil Lester, 2006
lishachi
eclipse shirt

simmehchan wrote:
wasn't expecting this, was hilarious (especially the end with Dan i was crying) also their office looks really good! they look so much more HD! 3D!? I don't know. The lighting is sooo much better though.

Also Phil, I see that stubble. Daaaaaamn he looks good
Last edited by lishachi on Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:biflag: :blackheart:
allsaintshowell
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

/fɪl lɛstɚ/ wrote:So real question here... when Japanese stores put random English phrases on stuff and it basically looks like giberish, is that cultural appropriation or?

OH AND I JUST GOT A NOTIF FOR A SURPRISE DAPG WOO
no bc you can't appropriate western culture and no one gets racially profiled/abused for speaking english

wow that video was #somethingelse personal highlights include dan talking about wearing eye makeup (YES PLEASE), dan hating his current icon (same pls delete that trash), dan loving that one photo of phil, and northern!phil making a return. the new gaming room looks super spacious; i'm excited!!!
Image Image
bantstrash
delia smith

SexyTrashCan wrote:
Exactly! But honestly raising this point is pointless because some people don't listen to logic
So much yes, find some examples here but I'm sure people will still be outraged ffs http://www.brainjet.com/places/7265/16- ... rds#page=1
/fɪl lɛstɚ/
sad dimple

I loved this video so much! Pastel!Dan with the old filter was so cute wow
I agree that the lighting looked so good in this video. It seemed so much more HQ than other videos on this channel.

I was getting so frustrated with Dan when he didn't take straight-on pictures though... Ugh stop with the selfie angle it doesn't work for these kind of apps
Also Dan had a boner for Phil in the ladybug sweater with the fake smile lmao
Flomy
sofa crease

simmehchan wrote:
I have only seen the first 30 seconds yet but holy shite they look GOOD in that room. It is super HD indeed, I didn't notice the lightning was so bad in the old office until now. :lel:
SquishPhan
capita£ester

I enjoyed that vid, made me a couple of times. Plus it was nice to see the new space that they film the gaming vids in.

Phil looked really good as a female, both times.
/fɪl lɛstɚ/
sad dimple

bantstrash the first shirt of that slideshow with the french fries and "potato" had me in stitches. I'd honestly wear that
malday
emo goose

simmehchan wrote:
Why does Phil make such an attractive girl...
Ablissa
pastel persona

The video was hilarious I totally didn't expect one today so I'm really happy!
Also, this photo of Dan is just I love how Phil takes the best photos of Dan.
pastelspectre
stress mushroom
Pronouns: he/him

that video was so funny omg the part where dan screamed tho..i didnt expect it and had my volume up a bit loud :sideeye: darn you dan

overall it was a cute and funny video though. i enjoyed it. also dan and phil look really good as girls wtf. ALSO dans talk about makeup... im in love. makeup isnt for me personally but if dan wore it i would scream
:transheart:
Flomy
sofa crease

Ablissa wrote:The video was hilarious I totally didn't expect one today so I'm really happy!
Also, this photo of Dan is just I love how Phil takes the best photos of Dan.
I had legit tears streaming down my face when they put those 2 smiling filters on this picture, what a disaster.