Daniel & Phil Part 44: This isn't a forever home

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
fondsmiles
phabergé
Pronouns: she/her

I loved the start of the video incredibly much, I laughed so hard at how true it was to the reaction everyone did in fact have. Bless him.
The rest was expected and I wanna cuddle him a little bit but also yay for doing things that are important to you!
[x]
[x]
lurker
janice from the shop
Pronouns: they/them

fondsmiles wrote:
/fɪl lɛstɚ/ wrote:Everyone in the youtube comments has decided that PINOF will just become "Phil Howell" and honestly I don't mind
aw, "sequels to the origin story" sounds cute!
thank's you were great
saffarinda
truth bomb

The video was quite funny, those screenshots and random clips were just beautiful (all those "xD"'s ahh). I mean, I can't blame him for wanting to rebrand so that the media takes him more seriously - it's hard enough to be taken seriously as a youtuber, let alone with a username like danisnotonfire. I have a feeling Phil will be asked why he isn't rebranding as well, but I don't think Phil paticularly cares what the media thinks of his username (plus, his content still reflects his username whilst I feel like Dan's softer, less edgy personality doesn't really fit danisnotonfire now).

I'm not overly concerned or complaning though, good for him for rebranding when he wanted to.
25/04/2017 - #blessed
000dia000
emo goose

I'm going to miss DanIsNotOnFire. I love how he's like "Daniel sounds cooler". Whatever, Dan. Interesting how he says that "Dan Howell" reminds him of people saying it rather bluntly and condescendingly from his school days, and I say a lot of conversation and analysis could be made from him associating it with footballs, punches, and verbal abuse of "ur fat", "gaylord", and"lol nerd". I kind of wish Dan would expand on that more, but I understand why he's kept it quite vague like that, he probably wouldn't want to draw attention to the people. I like how he mentioned that he's moving out with Phil at the end rather than just glossing over it, making it very obvious his life plans.
:cactus:
pluginbaby
smol bean

So.... that was exactly what I expected. He'll always be good ol' Dani Snot On Fire in my heart. But really, I hope I never have to hear the words "placenta" "llama" or "malteasers" ever again after this. It's the official end of an era, we are all now free from The Old Branding™, bless.
scientia
phabergé

Liked it, but why the not-so-subtle dig at 'AmazingPhil' I mean is that really necessary?
auri
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie
Pronouns: they/them

Still Dan, good to know. Nothing else chances, yeah okay then.

Nothing really new on the video tho? He had been talking about all of that stuff in his live shows, so yeaah, the casual viewer audience was very strong with this one, i think. But I liked it, he really does have a urge for a plant in his background, doesn't he?
Moon
spork

One thing that rubs me a bit is that he said he won't private his old videos because you should embrace your past and see how much he has grown but also used the 'it's so old cringey" excuse for the rebranding.
It makes me a bit sad because there are so many things involving their usernames (tatinof, tabinof, pinof) and now that doesn't make 100% sense anymore.
But at the end of the day he can do what he wants to do and it's okay for me as long as he is happy but idk I am not fond of the 'rebranding' (well it's just a username change, he said he didn't want to change his content)
That's the plan.
llion
living flop

i liked the video, i'm super proud of him. still surprised by daniel but it's actually cute.
i also really love this visual comparison, cause he will be a lot more happy with his name now i think. it's a good thing.
fondsmiles wrote:
/fɪl lɛstɚ/ wrote:Everyone in the youtube comments has decided that PINOF will just become "Phil Howell" and honestly I don't mind
i'm also thrilled this is gonna stay, however precious and shippy "phil howell" sounds. fun joke, but i'm far to attached to PINOF.
art credit: koreinkorein (thank you!)
nephilimcat
woodland creature

Not surprising that the only thing actually changing is his name and not his content. I wish he'd start making some more serious videos as well. Like in his ls, he really says some cool things and other less cool things. He could deliver them in a funny way if he likes to keep being a funny channel. I'm so glad he's not becoming a music rec channel or is now targeting his nonexistent straight male audience though! I would have unsubscribed immediately.

I really understand him. I'd be embarrassed about these things as well. I didn't know he was introduced to Taylor Swift as danisnotonfire. That must have been horrifying :?

Anyway, if all of this means he's more comfortable with himself (as a lot of things suggest he is), I'm very happy for him and I hope this reflects in his content. He said it won't change, so I don't get my hopes up and expect the next video to be uploaded in 3 months called "Internet Support Group 10"...
pulvis et umbra sumus
pluginbaby
smol bean

Update: he's finally changing his Tumblr theme. This is not a drill!
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

"the problem is quite simple, noone knows how to say it or spell it" .... huh.

the beginning of the video was so funny though "I'M FREAKING THE FUCK OUT". Where is the lie tbh.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
SquishPhan
capita£ester

I'm glad that PINOF will still be called that.
And glad this is staying the same way too.
pluginbaby wrote:Update: he's finally changing his Tumblr theme. This is not a drill!
About time.
Last edited by SquishPhan on Mon May 01, 2017 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lishachi
eclipse shirt

pluginbaby wrote:Update: he's finally changing his Tumblr theme. This is not a drill!
Oh my god it's finally happening? Jesus christ. There is hope.
:biflag: :blackheart:
jhamba
procrastinator

fondsmiles wrote:
Phil Howell would be the real sequel to the story, and he knows it
Just trying to spread the Dangirl agenda
Lucyrg95
sofa crease

NOW BURN THE YOUTUBE ICON, BURRRRRN IT
human
dan hand trash

Moon wrote:One thing that rubs me a bit is that he said he won't private his old videos because you should embrace your past and see how much he has grown but also used the 'it's so old cringey" excuse for the rebranding.
It makes me a bit sad because there are so many things involving their usernames (tatinof, tabinof, pinof) and now that doesn't make 100% sense anymore.
But at the end of the day he can do what he wants to do and it's okay for me as long as he is happy but idk I am not fond of the 'rebranding' (well it's just a username change, he said he didn't want to change his content)
agreed that tabinof etc is odd now if he wants to distance himself from the username. I guess I didn't see the big deal, it's just his channel, everyone can go there and see his real name. And in that open letter, loads of other names had what they were known for afterwards; does he want people to just automatically know what he's known for? Lol, like Cher? Puzzled.

Still, will support Dan regardless. Anything that keeps him looking as happy and squishy as he is lately.
yuanyangty
smol bean

new header!
plath
sofa crease

Cute video. I'm not sure I buy the explanation behind Daniel rather than Dan - we were all called cringe stuff at school, but ten years on there's more important things to think about...? Anyway, I'm glad he's not expecting us all to start calling him Daniel, it'd take ages for me to actually remember! I can understand the reason behind the channel change - if mainstream media were writing about me using my onscreen usernames from the mid 00s I would be longing for death's sweet embrace too.

It's so long between his videos that his danisnotonfire persona felt quite jarring to me!
auri wrote: Nothing really new on the video tho? He had been talking about all of that stuff in his live shows, so yeaah, the casual viewer audience was very strong with this one, i think.
I agree. This really felt like it was for the benefit of the danisnotonfire channel audience, rather than the phandom.
nope.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Well he literally said nothing else is changing ad I'm not expecting it to either so Im already over it. Tea anyone?
jhamba wrote:who else has a sudden urge to spam him with llamas, and placenta, and delia smith, and all of that whole thing?
Join me in buying Maltesers tomorrow and tweeting him about it. :thumb:
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
Philena
blobfish

I'll join you for tea, Catallena. It was a pointless vid, imo. He should have done it on the sly, tweeted about it, and called it a day He is so good at creating his own buzz.
MaggieW
glabella

We were right? Again? This is getting scary

"Daniel" feels kind of weird to me, I always forgot that his name is not actually Dan hahah

I also don't know what to think about this video?? It was... alright I guess. Just an announcement. And I don't understand why is he so mad after the capitalisation of his username?? Dan, chill a bit
/fɪl lɛstɚ/
sad dimple

lishachi wrote:
How do we know he's changing the theme? It looks the same for me
I am always on Phil Lester's side
jesuisunèléve
phabergé

gnostic wrote:
lishachi wrote:

Here we go.
Beginning of that video broke my condescension tolerance meter.
+1

THIS is the content I have subscribed to, Daniel being an absolute twat.
My non-gender specific flaps are just fine.
Last edited by jesuisunèléve on Mon May 01, 2017 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sans
delia smith
Pronouns: him/they

/fɪl lɛstɚ/ wrote:
lishachi wrote:
How do we know he's changing the theme? It looks the same for me
He twitted it.