Daniel & Phil Part 44: This isn't a forever home

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
bee
phabergé

blackdenim wrote:I forgot his last vid was the quizzes one and had a moment of thinking he was going to rebrand to be an 'Internet Support Group' channel, can you imagine! :wtf:
Same
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides
Pronouns: she/her

#danielandphilGAMES
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
DatCog
blobfish

Where's the video Daniel??!
lishachi
eclipse shirt

His tumblr url is now danielhowell.tumblr.com instead of danisnotonfire, but his title is the same. Twitter and Youtube have changed titles to Daniel Howell, but he's kept the urls to danisnotonfire. Why tumblr I wonder?
Last edited by lishachi on Mon May 01, 2017 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:biflag: :blackheart:
Moonbeamsonthepath
living flop
Pronouns: she

Now this is just weird. Why does he have a problem with being called Dan?
allsaintshowell
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

lishachi wrote:His tumblr url is now danielhowell.tumblr.com instead of danisnotonfire, but his title is the same. Twitter and Youtube have changed titles to Daniel Howell, but have kept the urls to danisnotonfire. Why tumblr I wonder?
maybe he's in the process of changing all of his social media and tumblr was the first one? maybe the other user changes will come after the video, or maybe tumblr's the only one he could snatch the username for.
Image Image
plath
sofa crease

I'm glad he's rebranding but I definitely didn't see "Daniel" coming. I'm looking forward to hearing his justifications/explanations behind it. Mostly I'm just glad there's a new video today because I got myself well and truly hyped for it.

Also - hi! First post here. Lurked for a while. You guys are great.
nope.
saffarinda
truth bomb

At this point, I should just take all of the theories here as truth - I'm 99.9% sure one of you is either Dan or Phil, or someones psychic and can see everything they're thinking and is just AWARE of all their future plans it's crazy
25/04/2017 - #blessed
auri
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie
Pronouns: they/them

Also didn't Dan(iel, what we're calling him now?) joke about how Daniel Howell would be a good name for music vlogger?

Is he gonna start doing only music recs? That would be some rebranding.
blackdenim
procrastinator

allsaintshowell wrote:
lishachi wrote:His tumblr url is now danielhowell.tumblr.com instead of danisnotonfire, but his title is the same. Twitter and Youtube have changed titles to Daniel Howell, but have kept the urls to danisnotonfire. Why tumblr I wonder?
maybe he's in the process of changing all of his social media and tumblr was the first one? maybe the other user changes will come after the video, or maybe tumblr's the only one he could snatch the username for.
Could also be that he's gonna be kind of between the two names (like Louise).
lishachi
eclipse shirt

allsaintshowell wrote:
Oh yeah, wasn't there a url he kept on somewhere just in case or something? My memory is not good right now.
plath wrote:I'm glad he's rebranding but I definitely didn't see "Daniel" coming. I'm looking forward to hearing his justifications/explanations behind it. Mostly I'm just glad there's a new video today because I got myself well and truly hyped for it.

Also - hi! First post here. Lurked for a while. You guys are great.

:welcome:
:biflag: :blackheart:
/fɪl lɛstɚ/
sad dimple

I expected the move from danisnotonfire to Dan Howell but I did not expect Daniel
oh boy
I am always on Phil Lester's side
saffarinda
truth bomb

Moonbeamsonthepath wrote:Now this is just weird. Why does he have a problem with being called Dan?
I don't think he has a problem with it, I think he just might appreciate the sophisticated edge Daniel has over Dan
25/04/2017 - #blessed
nephilimcat
woodland creature

auri wrote:Also didn't Dan(iel, what we're calling him now?) joke about how Daniel Howell would be a good name for music vlogger?

Is he gonna start doing only music recs? That would be some rebranding.
Since a lot of theories are coming true, I am now anxious. Wouldn't be the kind of channel I'd watch. It seems highly unlikely but you never know with him :wtf:
pulvis et umbra sumus
jhamba
procrastinator

Daniel Howell. I suspected that Dan's rebranding would be pretentious, but I was hoping for the best. Clearly, I was wrong for having any expectations.

Seriously, though, this whole thing is hilarious. The level of pretentiousness is just so funny to me, I can't. I think I kind of love it, just because of how funny I find it
Just trying to spread the Dangirl agenda
Bekah
tol bean

I'm going to call it now, Daniel will be temporary.
saffarinda
truth bomb

Someone needs to find that old radio clip of Dan saying "I'm more of a Dan than a Daniel" because that just got 10000% more relevant
25/04/2017 - #blessed
starsandshards
living flop

daniel howell... welp, that i wasn't expecting. dan, yes, but not daniel. okay! here we go.
pilotlight
#relatable
Pronouns: he/him

saffarinda wrote:At this point, I should just take all of the theories here as truth - I'm 99.9% sure one of you is either Dan or Phil, or someones psychic and can see everything they're thinking and is just AWARE of all their future plans it's crazy
Same. :wtf: Not that I thought the theories were unbelievable or anything, but at this point I'm half convinced someone's a time traveller that's fucking with us for shits and giggles.
fancybum
senpai

Moonbeamsonthepath wrote:Now this is just weird. Why does he have a problem with being called Dan?
us: Dan Howell
Daniel, an intellectual: Daniel Howell

I don't think choosing to use the full name indicates a problem with being called Dan though lmao, maybe he thinks it sounds more professional. Is he putting the video out at exactly 9 10 I can't count or what, I've got shit to do.

And also like... is it really a prediction when they tell us their plans and then follow through with them? It's not magic listening to peoples actual words.
Last edited by fancybum on Mon May 01, 2017 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
cherrybomb3
cheeky #spon
Pronouns: he/him

saffarinda wrote:At this point, I should just take all of the theories here as truth - I'm 99.9% sure one of you is either Dan or Phil, or someones psychic and can see everything they're thinking and is just AWARE of all their future plans it's crazy
bee
phabergé

I'm thinking he's gonna start the video with "Hi! My name is.. Dan(iel)"
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Different name, same shit probably.

Still think it's pointless and pretty dumb after everything he put his username on, but whatever makes him happy. Why 'Daniel' tho, he always claimed it didn't suit him?? If he changed his mind again is he gonna whine about his username for years a second time before changing it again?

Also I just checked the Twitter for @danielhowell but I'm pretty sure he doesn't have that one. Only @danhowell is his. If he really wanted to I bet Twitter could hook him up though.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
VengefulBlue
rainbow nerd
Pronouns: they/them

lishachi wrote:
allsaintshowell wrote:
Oh yeah, wasn't there a url he kept on somewhere just in case or something? My memory is not good right now.
he has @danhowell saved on twitter, maybe that's what you're thinking of?
000dia000
emo goose

Honestly? I wish he didn't. danisnotonfire made him who he is, he's like every other youtuber now. He didn't need to change his name to change his content.
:cactus: