Daniel & Phil Part 44: This isn't a forever home

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

I feel so hard that ~Daniel~ is phase just like all of Dan's other phases tbh. If he has a liveshow tomorrow I can't wait for the inevitable condescending speech about it (if he ain't uploading today.. or even if he is tbh he won't pass up the opportunity to be a bit of a dick).
fancybum wrote: I don't think choosing to use the full name indicates a problem with being called Dan though lmao, maybe he thinks it sounds more professional.
Reminds me of a bratty teenager who thinks Dan doesn't sound mature enough so they suddenly go by Daniel instead.
000dia000 wrote:Honestly? I wish he didn't. danisnotonfire made him who he is, he's like every other youtuber now. He didn't need to change his name to change his content.
Yeah I agree with this. Can't even disagree with people who call him a basic white boy anymore now.

@mods You beautiful bastards for changing it already. Makes me very uncomfortable though, seeing it like that. Dan killed their duo branding with this as well tbh, it doesn't match anymore.

ffs this trash at the top of the page
Last edited by Catallena on Mon May 01, 2017 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
Moonbeamsonthepath
living flop
Pronouns: she

Now watch him not post anything and go
"See how disappointed and confused you guys feel? THAT'S HOW I FELT DOING THOSE QUIZZES"
autumnhearth
senpai
Pronouns: she/her

plath wrote:
fancybum wrote:I don't think choosing to use the full name indicates a problem with being called Dan though lmao, maybe he thinks it sounds more professional.
I think so too. It's the kind of name you'd go by as a working professional - one that you'd see on a business card or a CV. "Dan" is what you'd call your mate down the pub. To me it indicates a new era of professionalism - he's reinforcing boundaries and dividing the public and private (echoing the divide seen in their new flat between public workspace downstairs and private living quarters).

This is mostly just speculation though, I'd like to hear Dan's Daniel's own reasoning behind it first.
Agreed. Nothing says he won't still go by Dan. I do love it when Phil calls him Daniel. I'm really looking forward to this, even if it is potentionally temporary (they did say the video idea was cheeky). I love "Damn Daniel" and "Daniel an intellectual". Yesss forum name change bless!
dansbonsaitree
tol bean

Omg why Daniel. I just can't. (Also hi I've been stalking this forum for a year and made rebranding shook me enough to make an account).
malday
emo goose

lurker wrote:i just remembered "i need to embrace daniel more" from pastel edits... was the whole video and daniel-dream-x/daniel-x-dream part of an elaborate plan to "plant seeds"...
fondsmiles
phabergé

maybe this is why he's stuck doing nothing right now
crisis incoming... 3...2..
[x]
[x]
AmazingOCD
glabella

Now we lie in wait for Dan/Daniel's spare twitter account to come into use...
It's a good thing to be strange. Normalness leads to sadness - Phil Lester
/fɪl lɛstɚ/
sad dimple

I can kinda understand why he's doing this and why he's linked it with the quizzes. His past branding is so cringe to him, and he genuinely seems to want to get rid of that image. It just kind of sucks that he's letting go of a name that doesn't only involve him, but also the branding of their book, PINOF, TATINOF, etc.

And I like the name Daniel, and I think it's very pretty and soft, so if he wants to embrace that I'm cool with it... Will Dan & Phil Shop change to "Daniel and Phil Shop"? Will Phil call him Daniel now?

These are the hard-hitting questions.
I am always on Phil Lester's side
sans
delia smith
Pronouns: him/they

I'm calling it: there's gonna be a mid-video background transition from old apartment to new apartment
lurker
janice from the shop
Pronouns: they/them

i didn't think "daniel" could potentially be temporary because of the tumblr url change but apparently he's hoarding the danhowell url on tumblr too? so...who knows?

if daniel's here to stay, i still wouldn't think he killed the duo branding with the name change -- it's still danandphilgames and i doubt phil will suddenly call him daniel in all collabs / gaming vids? maybe it's a step away from it, but i doubt he'd completely distance himself from "dan from dan and phil" at this point, after all the work put into entwining their careers.
thank's you were great
jesuisunèléve
phabergé

Catallena wrote:I feel so hard that ~Daniel~ is phase just like all of Dan's other phases tbh. If he has a liveshow tomorrow I can't wait for the
inevitable condescending speech about it (if he ain't uploading today.. or even if he is tbh he won't pass up the opportunity to be a bit of a dick).
fancybum wrote: I don't think choosing to use the full name indicates a problem with being called Dan though lmao, maybe he thinks it sounds more professional.
Reminds me of a bratty teenager who thinks Dan doesn't sound mature enough so they suddenly go by Daniel instead.
000dia000 wrote:Honestly? I wish he didn't. danisnotonfire made him who he is, he's like every other youtuber now. He didn't need to change his name to change his content.
Yeah I agree with this. Can't even disagree with people who call him a basic white boy anymore now.

@mods You beautiful bastards for changing it already. Makes me very uncomfortable though, seeing it like that. Dan killed their duo branding with this as well tbh, it doesn't match anymore.

ffs this trash at the top of the page
Condescending!Daniel is what I live for...
lishachi
eclipse shirt

Here we go.
:biflag: :blackheart:
jhamba
procrastinator

who else has a sudden urge to spam him with llamas, and placenta, and delia smith, and all of that whole thing?
Just trying to spread the Dangirl agenda
allsaintshowell
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

jhamba wrote:who else has a sudden urge to spam him with llamas, and placenta, and delia smith, and all of that whole thing?
do it for the lolz one last time
Image Image
iero
phabergé

i understand why he rebranded and i'm happy he's happy with his username now
no content changing or anything, it's all good
SquishPhan
capita£ester

I liked that vid and how he explained it, and I really don’t blame him for changing his username.
Most of the vid was clearly filmed a while ago, so we were right when we suspected this was the vid he was working on before he put out the ISG one instead.
Last edited by SquishPhan on Mon May 01, 2017 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
/fɪl lɛstɚ/
sad dimple

Everyone in the youtube comments has decided that PINOF will just become "Phil Howell" and honestly I don't mind
I am always on Phil Lester's side
gnostic
stress mushroom

lishachi wrote:

Here we go.
Beginning of that video broke my condescension tolerance meter.
Just here for the marketing skills
lurker
janice from the shop
Pronouns: they/them

that was... a video
i left the idb tab open to post my opinions after it but...i don't have any strong feelings...it was literally just the announcement...suitably executed...it's okay...i think it's understandable...i'm at peace and hope that he's happy with the name change
thank's you were great
lishachi
eclipse shirt

I mean, nothing groundbreaking. A discussion on the capitalisation, and sometimes wrong spelling of the user name he still currently has and changing the title so he doesn't sound like a 12 year old anymore.

Looking forward to his live show tomorrow as this didn't cover much that we didn't already know.
allsaintshowell wrote:
jhamba wrote:who else has a sudden urge to spam him with llamas, and placenta, and delia smith, and all of that whole thing?
do it for the lolz one last time
I have an overwhelming urge.
:biflag: :blackheart:
bee
phabergé

The video was TOO LONG he just kept on explaining! it's possible I'm overly tired.
Anyway all right fine whatever. I understand etc I'm gonna go the f to sleep now
sans
delia smith
Pronouns: him/they

How, he REALLY hates his branding huh.

The first bit had me crying with laughter.
bluebox-away
woodland creature

SquishPhan wrote:I liked that vid and how he explained it, and I really don’t blame him for changing his username.
Most of the vid was clearly filmed a while ago, so we were right when we suspected this was the vid he was working on before he put out the ISG instead.
Ah that makes sense that this was the video he kind of hyped a while back, had almost forgotten!
Really enjoyed this new video, I understand why he's doing it and I found the sketches about us freaking out at the start hilarious and fairly accurate tbh Bit of a shame this doesn't feel like a true 'rebrand' of his channel and more just the name, but I'm intrigued to see where this will go next
06/04/2016 - I found The Weakest Link :ninja:
Gif credit: IckleMissMayhem
fondsmiles
phabergé

/fɪl lɛstɚ/ wrote:Everyone in the youtube comments has decided that PINOF will just become "Phil Howell" and honestly I don't mind
[x]
[x]
fancybum
senpai

Aw I liked it. He didn't make it a huge deal and knows we're all going to call him whatever so who cares. Meh, good enough video to say goodbye to the flat with too.

It gets a hearty from me (I also would prefer 35% less screaming in every video he's in). Though now the next video is nicely set up to just be an introduction to new place/filming background... coughsomorefillercough but we'll see. Onwards and upwards.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me