Daniel & Phil Part 44: This isn't a forever home

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
malday
emo goose

chiccola wrote:
malday wrote:The question addressed to Phil and his answer got cut off, hope someone who was there recounts what was said.
here's the periscope of the whole thing
The question about what inspired Phil is at 19.30 :facepalm:
Thanks!
Quite a bit got cut, Julien's and Tom's answers too.
allsaintshowell
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie
Pronouns: she/her

dan and phil hacked updatedphan and i'm totally okay rn this is the best bday gift these dorks could've given me
Image Image
obliviongrace
*editing tips*

allsaintshowell wrote:dan and phil hacked updatedphan and i'm totally okay rn this is the best bday gift these dorks could've given me
Awww that hacking made me smile. How did that happen? Was one of the mods at the meet and greet?
SquishPhan
capita£ester

obliviongrace wrote:
allsaintshowell wrote:dan and phil hacked updatedphan and i'm totally okay rn this is the best bday gift these dorks could've given me
Awww that hacking made me smile. How did that happen? Was one of the mods at the meet and greet?
What a cute pic.
xaephan

obliviongrace wrote: Awww that hacking made me smile. How did that happen? Was one of the mods at the meet and greet?
I don't know how this one happened, but they seem to do this kind of thing a few times each meet and greet. It's nice to see they're having fun with it

[tumblr] <div class="tumblr-post" data-href="https://embed.tumblr.com/embed/post/cXA ... 0379072292" data-did="f3705e2454d919dd9aa51165ff23e6125430a0dd">[/tumblr]

Edit: Oh, someone did go see them then! I wonder if they asked dnp to do it or it was deppy's idea?
if my heart was a compass you'd be north
previously myllakka
lishachi
eclipse shirt

Ok I saw that this was happening on twitter and I don't even want to watch the interview what ever it is. I really don't like these things, it gives me such second hand embarrassment, from watching past interviews people just ask boring questions. I also feel bad for deppy, they're awkward people in general and god I don't know how they do these sorts of things. I guess they have answers to fall back on or something, idk.

Glad you guys have some info on what was said cus I don't think I could watch. Now that I know it was a bit meh I'll give it a pass.
SquishPhan wrote:
obliviongrace wrote:
What a cute pic.
Got the notification, they're so bloody cute. Not sure on Dan's jumper yet. I don't think I've ever seen him in stripes, I like the loose/oversized fit though.
:biflag: :blackheart:
lost686girl
living flop

i can't tell if dan has gained some weight or if he's still evolving into his final size lol. either way he looks adorable. i'm glad his t-shirt phase is over
000dia000
emo goose

I'm late to the Sims discussion but I was delighted to hear Phil sing SOAD, idk but I find it amusing that he's a fan, or was in the past. He did do a music video for one of their songs, so he must like them but never speaks about them. Wheres the phan AU where they bond over them??

I really hate when they do panels like this, it nearly never turns out in any way entertaining or enlightening, instead it makes me want to bury my head somewhere from the cringe. I feel as if getting deppy onto a stage like this to answer questions, unedited, it such a wasted opportunity. I know Dan in particular would say something genuinely inspiring or intellectual, if the guy didn't undermine anything he says, and if they were given ample prompts to have an actual discussion and conversation. I want to hear Phil's opinions and thoughts about subjects now lost into the void of his deleted videos. I want them to interact with the other panelists, for God sake. Is actually having a panel such a difficult thing to ask for? It's never interesting to hear another phil trash mention, or ABC level of conversation, particularly in questions from the audience. It's just so poorly organised. I just really hope they do more panels where it's actually genuinely entertaining. I may be ranting, but I'm just disappointed, deppy don't even go outside, they rarely interact with other people, they probably won't do another event like this for another year. I have to wait until 2018 probably for the same guy to do the same subpar moderating.
:cactus:
chiccola
sofa crease

000dia000 wrote: I really hate when they do panels like this, it nearly never turns out in any way entertaining or enlightening, instead it makes me want to bury my head somewhere from the cringe. I feel as if getting deppy onto a stage like this to answer questions, unedited, it such a wasted opportunity. I know Dan in particular would say something genuinely inspiring or intellectual, if the guy didn't undermine anything he says, and if they were given ample prompts to have an actual discussion and conversation. I want to hear Phil's opinions and thoughts about subjects now lost into the void of his deleted videos. I want them to interact with the other panelists, for God sake. Is actually having a panel such a difficult thing to ask for? It's never interesting to hear another phil trash mention, or ABC level of conversation, particularly in questions from the audience. It's just so poorly organised. I just really hope they do more panels where it's actually genuinely entertaining. I may be ranting, but I'm just disappointed, deppy don't even go outside, they rarely interact with other people, they probably won't do another event like this for another year. I have to wait until 2018 probably for the same guy to do the same subpar moderating.
Sadly this is the reality of those conventions yeah...

One panel that comes to mind is SITC 2015 panel on creative process. I feel like they shared some interesting ideas at it, and the questions were all really good and the moderator too did a great job. There's some clips of it on YT:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rutzSIlgbT4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxvlzS8_Log
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CffeySc3l70

But maybe my opinion of it is biased since that was a panel I myself went too as well and saw them for the first time irl
lishachi
eclipse shirt

lost686girl wrote:i can't tell if dan has gained some weight or if he's still evolving into his final size lol. either way he looks adorable. i'm glad his t-shirt phase is over
I think it's the fit of the jumper, it's pretty oversized. T-shirt phase? Consider me confused. Also tired. (Not trying to start anything I just mean, what do you mean haha.)
:biflag: :blackheart:
lost686girl
living flop

lishachi wrote:
lost686girl wrote:i can't tell if dan has gained some weight or if he's still evolving into his final size lol. either way he looks adorable. i'm glad his t-shirt phase is over
I think it's the fit of the jumper, it's pretty oversized. T-shirt phase? Consider me confused. Also tired. (Not trying to start anything I just mean, what do you mean haha.)

hum i guess i mean more in his face. tshirts were part of the whole emo phase, graphic t's and what not. he's wearing a lot of cool tops now
dontpanic
#relatable

DatCog wrote:I've just re-watched the panel on the livestream (you just have to rewind it back a couple hours or so) and there are no lags and the audio/video is of decent quality. The host was so annoying, it bugged me when he kept deciding to re-interpret the questions. It was great to see D&P but, other than the Sad Mum moment, there wasn't much of note.

EDIT: Phanshows has just uploaded the panel:
This thumbnail tho...Dan looks like that one first year film student who's always talking about their creative process and how inspiration just 'comes to them.'

still cute tho.

I'm right about to brace for the cringe and watch the panel, wish me luck (thanks for the link!!).
SquishPhan
capita£ester

Cute.
PolarFox
truth bomb

SquishPhan wrote:
Cute.
Can a person be murdered with a selfie? Because I just was
Awww! You clicked on my signature!
obliviongrace
*editing tips*

SquishPhan wrote:
Cute.
He looks cute, I must admit. And confident/comfortable in his perhaps more thought of as feminine traits, clothes, etc, which is important to me. But, wow, he is also really out there with those hipster selfies recently
pilotlight
#relatable
Pronouns: he/him

I'm definitely a fan of the sweater on him, it looks very comfy.
Moon
spork

SquishPhan wrote:
Cute.
important question: is that a cheeky leg??
That's the plan.
dontpanic
#relatable

I was on the fence about the sweater but dammmn not anymore you show that leg danny

Evan filmed Deppy a bit starting at around 6:25. It's always uncomfortable for some reason whenever he talks about dan and/or phil, like he's making fun of them while at the same time obsessed with them? I'm being too harsh

hannah
butt chair

That selfie is kinda cringy ngl
SquishPhan
capita£ester

hannah wrote:That selfie is kinda cringy ngl
I do think it is funny that Dan made fun of Phil’s ladybug selfie, yet posts this one. I kind of hope Phil dragged him a bit for that.
Lucyrg95
sofa crease

dontpanic wrote:I was on the fence about the sweater but dammmn not anymore you show that leg danny

Evan filmed Deppy a bit starting at around 6:25. It's always uncomfortable for some reason whenever he talks about dan and/or phil, like he's making fun of them while at the same time obsessed with them? I'm being too harsh

evan is satan, you're not being too harsh

okay small exaggeration, sure he's fine in real life but he makes my skin crawl whenever I see him
Philena
blobfish

SquishPhan wrote:
hannah wrote:That selfie is kinda cringy ngl
I do think it is funny that Dan made fun of Phil’s ladybug selfie, yet posts this one. I kind of hope Phil dragged him a bit for that.
I'm glad he's feeling himself, but this Connor-esque insta feed kinda makes me wanna barf.

In all honesty, they both look so happy and gorgeous right now in all photos, so I am probably just bitter and jealous
Susanisnotafish
flower crown
Pronouns: She/her

Moon wrote:
SquishPhan wrote:
Cute.
important question: is that a cheeky leg??
Are those shorts or underwear? If underwear that's pretty cringe. Fan of the rest of the selfie tho. Nice expression.
auri
Pronouns: they/them

Daniel is looking so cute there ngl probably my favorite picture of him after the nail polish v soft selfie from few weeks back. he looks so comfy and happy.
SquishPhan
capita£ester

Phil with a baby. me.