Dan & Phil Part 45: R.I.P danisnotonfire 2009-2017

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
helvetica
sofa crease

a good old school style vid!
personal favorite parts:
phils northern accent when he got aggressive
"wuhu island"
dans bomb missions at 3 am
real competition! and casual bants!
awkwardly
living flop

it was a really cute fun video, though the flipped screen is always so distracting for me as my brain is trying to imagine the picture flipped back and I can't fully concentrate on watching

loved the competitive atmosphere (though I prefer cooperative videos), but it was cute competitiveness :D (does that make sense? it's almost morning here and I'm still up...)
rizzo wrote: Also... Wuhu Town... and Dan's face expecting that to become a euphemism that Phil 100% was not about to go with.
tbh I started smiling right when Dan mentioned the town as I was expecting a pun and that Phil didn't go along threw me off the track so much that I started questioning if it was only my silly brain that went there. it just felt like a wasted opportunity. (and I don't mean it in shipping sense). I guess they do have so many innuendos and stuff in their videos and this one felt so obvious to me and then nothing happened. it was a strange moment..
but yeah, could mentally imagine Phil saying his short 'no' to Dan in his mind to the attempt

and also the 3am mention was great, loved Dan's reaction.

It seemed like the game had cheered them up personally as well, as after it they really looked like they had fun playing it and happy
(I know that Dan said that they keep games that they like for themselves and he prefers to play them off camera, which I understand - like he wanted to play Undertale by himself without camera also for the immersion - but it's really so nice to see them happy, so I'd rather they keep picking games that they like or might like)
~but the golden age is over
VengefulBlue
rainbow nerd
Pronouns: they/them

what even....

i missed northern phil on first watch, i love it when he goes northern

wuhu town! god, phil either completely missed that or he just thought "nope, you are not derailing our contest, nice try"

the flip screen is annoying because they look wrong, but it's funny that they were trying to avoid that in the first place

i like the casual fun games, i hope they play more (i also like the apps, whoops)
Last edited by VengefulBlue on Wed May 10, 2017 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
onetruetrash
blobfish

Pianist Flutist wrote:Wow this sounds really depressing but the people who smile the brightest do so bc they've finally learned to be happy after years of their brain tormenting them- his message is to stop thinking about life too much and just focus on what is happening right now and think about what u have not what u don't

If u look at his positivity closely u will see its actually a very clear attempt to surround himself with happy thoughts so the ugly ones don't torment him
Hmmm... Interesting things you pointed out there. I think Phil has issues with social anxiety (judging by oqua's amazing compilation) and therefore he had difficulty expressing his creativity. In videos like Dreams of the Future and The Basket, he has quite a creative and intelligent mind, but he is anxious about what people will think of him.
awkwardly
living flop

VengefulBlue wrote:(i also like the apps, whoops)
true as well, yasuhati had me in tears (I'm just in the minority that don't like horse prince I guess :D )
~but the golden age is over
MythicalPinkTrashCan
phabergé
Pronouns: she/her

VengefulBlue wrote: i like the casual fun games, i hope they play more (i also like the apps, whoops)
+1! It always confuses me when people complain about them not playing "real games". All games are real games if you are having fun
capybantsa
glabella
Pronouns: he/him

I liked the video! It was nice to see them really enjoying themselves. The flip had me disoriented though, is this what it feels like to live in a mirror?? :wtf:

Did anybody notice that Dan seemed to be in super extra smitten mode for some reason? They kept maintaining unnecessary body contact, too
sugar
eclipse shirt

capybantsa wrote:I liked the video! It was nice to see them really enjoying themselves. The flip had me disoriented though, is this what it feels like to live in a mirror?? :wtf:

Did anybody notice that Dan seemed to be in super extra smitten mode for some reason? They kept maintaining unnecessary body contact, too
somehow, i didn't mind the reverse because we got to see dan's bad other side which i love.

and yea, i noticed that too. when trying to figure out which parts i wanted to make gifs of i couldn't help but get stuck on all of the extra sweet smiles he was giving phil.
Pianist Flutist
tol bean

onetruetrash wrote:
Pianist Flutist wrote:Wow this sounds really depressing but the people who smile the brightest do so bc they've finally learned to be happy after years of their brain tormenting them- his message is to stop thinking about life too much and just focus on what is happening right now and think about what u have not what u don't

If u look at his positivity closely u will see its actually a very clear attempt to surround himself with happy thoughts so the ugly ones don't torment him
Hmmm... Interesting things you pointed out there. I think Phil has issues with social anxiety (judging by oqua's amazing compilation) and therefore he had difficulty expressing his creativity. In videos like Dreams of the Future and The Basket, he has quite a creative and intelligent mind, but he is anxious about what people will think of him.
Yep I wish he would express those thoughts more
I understand what that feels like- around my friends I'm comfortable saying things like "that cloud looks like an alligator had a baby with a lion" or weird things like that but around others I'm very "normal"
autumnhearth
senpai

Gaming video thoughts: I get so disoriented by the flipped orientation that I can't appreciate their interactions. Like they were really close and cozy at the beginning, but then they switched and I couldn't handle it. Glad others were able to appreciate it though. It seems everyone has already pointed out the best moments. I don't care much for battle mode myself, but it was neat to see the different/new courses for this version (Dan mentioning his moon bedroom aesthetic).

I don't really need to weigh in on the make up discussion, but I will anyway. I don't wear makeup myself (though sometimes I wish someone would give me a tutorial/tell me what to buy for my very fairy but also rosy complextion). I don't really care if any person of any gender wears make up. Could it be a cute collab? Sure! But only if he really wants to. So I do wish the vocal part of phandom would stop mentioning it, ha! Yeah right...

Going to read all those observations/appreciations of Philly boy (so much referring to himself as Philly in this video. My husband and son casually call him Philly too) in the morning because my eyes are very tired. Goodnight folks!
Ilovethemohyesido
living flop

capybantsa wrote:
Oh yes at the beginning of the video, I was «you both said your place was bigger, why are you practically on top of each other». (Not that I'm complaining)
And yes Dan was particularly happy in this video.
auri
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

It sure was a nice video to start the day. The flip made me super weirded out, they looked so weird? Dan seemed very happy and Phil was adorable, it made me smile even tho Mario Kart isn't very nice to watch. Am I the only one who just can't look at the whole screen and is just looking at either right or left side or D&P? :D

I called the touching on gaming videos after the move and I haven't been wrong yet. They do seem to like the space anywhere else than between them
Elyanie
dank meme

I really enjoyed that video (That may be because I'm a huge Nintendo fan, but that's besides the point)

The switched screen was really disorienting, but I feel like I noticed a lot of things that I normally wouldn't have. Kinda like if you draw something and put it up to a mirror and you notice a lot of details that you wouldn't have otherwise. (I hope that makes sense)

After the video I went and rewatched their previous Mario Kart video. (Although I didn't get to finish it because I'm seriously busy this week and I should actually be getting stuff done instead of typing out my feelings on a youtube video) The tone of the old video felt a quite a bit different, and I think it shows how much has changed over the past 2 years. Although, that may be me reading into things too much...
You are happy when you feel like you're being authentic
CallMeAyana
cheeky #spon
Pronouns: Phan Trash

[offtopic]I've been binge-watching Dodie's vids earlier, and came across this:
Which is basically a song about her being busy for the last couple of months, and she felt very overwhelmed by it. Then at around 1:46, she says, "Drink some water, stay hydrated". It got me thinking if this is Deppy's way of saying that they were also busy for the last couple of months, but can't explicitly say it. After when they moved though, there seems to be no more "stay hydrated" reference. So... their move was planned since November last year, or even earlier.

...Please carry on [/offtopic]
dontpanic
#relatable

I loved that video for so many reasons but ugh I'm too tired to process/verbalize my feelings. The main thing is that I usually hate DvP videos because they just feel so uncomfortable and weird to me. This video, however, was amazing because like many people said it's so natural and noncompetitive even though the game itself is super competitive.

Also, we usually joke about Dan being a sore winner/loser but we just learned a lot about Phil today !?!?!?!?!??!...Phil's that one sh*thead person who gloats way too much during online multiplayer games. idk how y'all still feeling, but Dan's now the most sportsman-like of the two.

Also, it seems like Tom's just spewing shade recently.
like, this tweet could just be taken at face value (a self-deprecating joke), but I've got a strong feeling he's shading the people who talk down about Deppy yet still reply to their tweets at every opportunity...not gonna name any names tho

(I didn't see anyone mention his tweet but I def. could have just missed the convo).
dontpanic
#relatable

Ugh I just missed the editing window I'M SORRY I'm a terrible double poster (same way I'm a terrible double texter). HOWEVER, I can't stop thinking about Dan's escapade and my new working theory goes like this:

Dan felt personally offended when it started to rain in the 'sunshine state' because that's just false advertising right there. Thus, the only logical conclusion would be to travel to the Bahamas for 2 whole hours in order to soak up that vitamin D the florida rain denied him.

capybantsa wrote:Did anybody notice that Dan seemed to be in super extra smitten mode for some reason? They kept maintaining unnecessary body contact, too
Seriously tho. I have the video paused at 1:22 mins in and he's not even doing that fake casually leaning-over-to-get-comfortable thing...Dan's straight up going out of his way to smush their shoulders together.

Our boi Daniel is working hard to ensure their skin molecules keep touching.
coffeepenguin
rainbow nerd

Mario Kart video = best thing ever, 100% will rewatch many-many times, I don't even care that it's flipped this time, they are just so happy and natural
dontpanic wrote:Also, it seems like Tom's just spewing shade recently.
like, this tweet could just be taken at face value (a self-deprecating joke), but I've got a strong feeling he's shading the people who talk down about Deppy yet still reply to their tweets at every opportunity...not gonna name any names tho

(I didn't see anyone mention his tweet but I def. could have just missed the convo).
Wow, that's interesting, I was just thinking about Tom's last vlog (to clarify, I watch him regularly, not just for Deppy) and to me, he comes out as kinda salty when mentioning popularity (he says the room where the kick-off extravaganza thing is happening will be filled because it has deppy's names attached to it and then when they are ready to go on the panel and people are screaming, Dan says "they love you Tom" and he responds with a very pointed "They love you Dan").

Also, I have to say that I appreciate the quality of Dan and Phil's humor or at least what they choose to present to the camera so much these days. Even with people that are usually smart and aware of the issues, I sometimes watch their vlogs and especially in interaction with other people it comes through, some mindless insensitive remark - and I'm suddenly asking myself how it is better than traditional media, so why I am watching (because I don't have friends, but that's beside the point). You can call it PC or whatever, I want my mindless entertainment not to be offensive (I get the Japan thing, they could always be better, and you just wait for my rant about them completely ignoring Tabitha in the Sims, but I honestly think they're one of the best, especially for white dudes). I wonder if my opinion would be different if Deppy made vlogs though (but they say they don't have friends anyway, so maybe not)
Dan wants to be understood. Phil just wants to make the viewer smile and sell some backpacks (c) fancybum
swofro
angel bean

I really love that Mario Kart video!!

I've already watched it twice, once while looking at Phil's screen and the other while looking at Daniel's.

I think the reason why I like it so much is because I know they genuinely like this game and plays it regularly. While I respect their decision not wanting to play games they enjoy in front of the camera because it requires them reacting to it and ruins the immersion, I really really love it when we get a glimpse of them playing their favourite games. It reminds me of the early days of DAPG :clapping:

And furthermore, it is a DAn vS pHIl *sound effect* which are just great in general (well, when none of them are being obnoxious) and this time, the game is balance, with both of them winning two rounds and have a tie-breaker round instead of pulling all or nothing.

Also, this art is very cute Re: Everything else
-I am on team Daniel really went to Bahamas to film god knows what and come back in time for universal
-I dislike the playlist panel moderator
-I like Phil's new video especially when he try to do his own ASMR. Agree with whoever said he should find something that are more suitable to him if he don't like hearing people whispering
-Daniel's selfie with the stripe jumper is cute
-I hate the yellow cap in the other selfie. I think it looks ugly
-Phil's picture with baby Miles is nice too but I am that person who doesn't really find babies cute so it doesn't impact(?) me as hard as other Phil stans :D
-I love the new Sims video but I am sad that Dab's hair is shorter now. Booo.

Love is forever
kalli
butt chair

All the discussions over the past day or so have been interesting, and I just want to keep commenting on it so here I go again. But I'll put it under a spoiler so people can focus on all the other topics that will likely arise in the couple hours that it will probably take me to (hopefully) coherently express my thoughts:
I figure I should start with the labels vs no labels thing. I remember a few threads back we had a similar discussion, so I apologize for repeating the same thing, but it seems relevant again. I love the fact that they don't use labels, whether they actually chose to use labels in their personal lives and it's only something they put forth to their audience, or if they truly don't want to label themselves. Personally, I technically fit the definition of asexual but I only ever use it when explicitly talking about sexuality with friends or in discussions like this. I much prefer to live life, as Dan would say, like a formless blob, but I have no problem with using the label for it's technical meaning. I suppose that doesn't mean Dan and/or Phil would also be comfortable with people using labels in a technical sense in relation to them, but since I am okay with it, I jumped to the conclusion that they would be as well. In other words, since we're all aware that they have previously stated they don't want to be labelled, I believe people are simply using these labels for their technical sense rather than trying to impose them on Deppy, which has harmless intentions.

In my opinion, the fact that most people accept that they are most likely not straight and are talking about it is a good thing. Heteronormativity is certainly a problem, and people acknowledging everything they've shared regarding their sexualities, including both not wanting a label and all the mentions of attraction toward any gender, and not immediately attempting to excuse it is incredibly important. As long as people aren't picking and choosing what they wish to believe, and it remains a civil discussion with consideration both for Deppy and amongst each other, I have nothing but encouragement for this conversation :thumb:

As for the potential of Dan and/or Phil being asexual (or somewhere under the ace umbrella), of course it can't be ruled out, but quite strongly believe they aren't. I know I can't speak for everyone, but from hearing/reading other people's experiences (a lot of time spent on AVEN) and knowing my own, their actions don't really match up with any asexual (or aromantic) person I've ever known. It seems like most ace people are unlikely to pretend to be attracted to anyone as a cover-up, but not being ready or not having found the right person are fairly common excuses. And for people who in between wishing to share and wanting to keep their sexuality to themselves (such as myself), casually mentioning that you're not attracted to much of anyone or simply not talking about sexual attraction because you don't (or rarely) experience it are typical choices. Which, as far as I know, differs from the experience of people who are gay, bi, pan, etc. who often attempt to come off as being straight by feigning attraction toward the opposite sex/gender. If there are mentions of attraction, they're typically along the lines of "they're cute," "pretty" or maybe just "nice" and words that don't particularly imply anything sexual (or romantic), as opposed to words like "hot" or "sexy" that are most likely meant in a sexual sense, since it feels natural and is therefore likely perceived as more genuine. Long story short, all their mentions of attraction (especially since many are toward men), plus all the sexual tweets, formspring answers, etc. don't strike me as the type of things an ace person would say/do. Again, not to say both of them definitely aren't ace or aro, and also not to say people are reaching for the wrong conclusion (since it's all just speculation), but things like Phil's mentions of attraction being less often or less natural and the possibility of their relationship being platonic or queerplatonic don't lead me to believe they're asexual or any related orientation. Although it would be a pleasant surprise if either or both of them were!

Now back to the dynamics of their relationship, I'm happy to see people are considering the possibility of them having a relationship which is not strictly romantic and sexual or strictly platonic. It's entirely possible it's queerplatonic, romantic but not sexual, sexual but not romantic, or simply labelless. Although personally, I believe their relationship is romantic and sexual, and that they're the type of couple who realizes that the easiest way to have a successful long-term relationship is for your partner to be your best friend first and foremost. It would take a long to time to go through every detail as to why I believe this, but I'm sure you all understand the gist of it since we've all speculated a least a little bit. The sexual and romantic dynamic is primarily based everything that came from the 2009/2010 era and the lack of evidence that anything has actually changed, only been protected. And it seems to be a consensus that they're extremely close, in love in whatever sense that might be, and I don't doubt them for a second when they say they're best friends, because they are no matter the dynamics of their relationship.

This makes me rethink the problem some people would have with Deppy if we were to find out they are not a romantic, queerplatonic or any other type of relationship which explains their past behaviour without having deceitful motives. I for one, certainly do not care about these particular dynamics of their relationship, but the idea of their emotion bond - the fact that they're virtually inseparable best friends who have no plans of leaving each other - being a scam is unsettling. Which sounds so over-the-top when applied to any two people, but this is the image that has been depicted, never denied and even influenced as of lately from my perspective. So I suppose, for me anyway, it's that I would be bothered by the closeness of their relationship being faked, no matter what type of relationship it is, which includes exaggerating a romantic relationship for views. Essentially, if their level of closeness were to decrease, I'd want some sort of assurance that it wasn't a scheme for views, because I'd feel tricked and I would most likely no lose interest in them they were to reach such a level of inauthenticity. It would be the general deceit I'd dislike, and the specific label put on their relationship wouldn't particularly matter, if that makes any sense.

Although under one condition I'd be okay with them exaggerating the closeness of their relationship, which is if they did so in order to protect the privacy of their actual partners. It would be a distraction, and I consider this a reasonable, well-meaning motive. Ironically, this is probably the scenario which would cause the biggest uproar, if they were to come forth with other partners without warning, but it wouldn't bother me as long as their motive for leading people to believe (or at least letting people believe) their relationship was more than platonic was to protect their relationships until the timing was right. I'd also hope that they'd continue to make it known that they're not straight if their partners happened to be women, because if they're actually straight and leading people believe they're not, even if it were to protect their partners, I wouldn't feel right with that.

I still maintain that the most obvious explanation for all of this is that they're a couple with the intention of growing old together in their forever home, most likely with a couple kids (since at least Dan has made it clear he was children) and a some pets along the way. I highly doubt they have other partners and nobody has caught on yet, and I really don't think they're the type of people to want to exploit their own relationship by fuelling people to make false assumptions about it. But evidently it's an interesting topic given that this post is nearly over 1,200 words :facepalm: I suppose it's good to be critical?
^ It's super long and did indeed take me a couple hours to write, so prepare yourselves. (Just to clarify, I did stuff in between and the entire time wasn't spent on this post, but it did take me a while.) Oh, the things I do when I have too much free time.

Re: Dan + makeup -
I love makeup a lot and I think it's silly that something that is essentially just art for your face is restricted to women. I also think that it's silly that women are expected to wear it every day, but only makeup that looks "natural" whatever that's supposed to mean. In other words, men choosing to wear makeup and women choosing to not wear it makes me happy to see. I definitely agree with normalizing both wearing and not wearing makeup for all genders, but of course pushing anyone to do one or the other is taking it too far. But encouragement for everyone to wear as little or as much makeup as they please? Sign me up.

With that being said, since Dan seems a bit interested in it to me, I'll offer some gentle encouragement. If he decides to wear it someday, amazing, I'll definitely be cheering him on in the same way I have with all his fashion choices and selfies recently. If not, that's entirely his choice, I won't be pressuring him and I'd definitely discourage anyone from being pushy with the idea.

[offtopic]If he lurks here (or if there's anyone here looking for some makeup advice), some tips:
- 10/10 would recommend ABH's Modern Renaissance eyeshadow palette, nothing compares
- Winged eyeliner doesn't work the same for all eye shapes so test out different angles/shapes/styles to find what works best for you
- Dark eyeshadow applied with a thin brush is an excellent alternative to eyeliner, it's much easier to apply and mistakes aren't as visible
- Always curl your lashes before applying mascara, there's a usually a noticeable difference between curled and non-curled lashes. But don't curl them after unless clumped lashes is the look you're going for.
- Don't skip on highlighter because having shimmery cheeks is oddly satisfying, also very trendy at the moment
- Applying lipstick to chapped lips is a nightmare. Get any lip gloss advertised as a lip plumper, sleep with it on, and wipe it off with a damp cloth in the morning. The "plumping" affects are temporary (your lips just look fuller while wearing it) but it hydrates, peels off any dry skin and leaves your lips extremely smooth. It's a bit sticky and weird at first, but I've been using this every night for the past 4 years and I haven't had dry or cracked lips since, so it's definitely worth it.
[/offtopic]
Re: #BahamaDrama -
We have a new twist, Dan's modelling gig which he flew to the Bahamas for 2 hours to do involves him in makeup. That's why he casually hinted at wearing makeup in the Face App video and why he's been liking drawings of him in makeup on tumblr, just planting those seeds so we're not shocked

Re: Dan's selfie -

Re: Mario Kart video -
I literally facepalmed as soon as they started to switch places. I'm not sure how they managed to make that mistake But I'm most confused as to why they kept looking at the wrong screen since their respective sides would have been directly in front of them. I always assumed they sat on the the sides they do because it means Dan's "good side" shows more often than his "bad side" but maybe that's just how they always sit. It's not very logically because it means Phil's looking toward player 1's screen and Dan's looking toward player 2's screen, even though Dan seems to be player 1 more often than Phil, but they must like sitting in those positions regardless. I'm assuming that's part of the reason why they kept accidentally looking at each other's screens. It seems like they typically sit that way on the couch too because of the location of Dan's sofa crease, so it's not only for gaming and videos. This makes me want to go rematch a bunch of vlogs and stuff to see if they usually stand/sit to the same sides.

As for the actual game, it reminded me of playing those battle games on Mario Kart DS, so it was a bit nostalgic for me, which I wasn't expecting. I had one friend with the game and we'd all join via download play during lunch breaks at school. Those games can get so frustrating, I don't know how we managed to stay friends. It was nice seeing Deppy play something they enjoy a lot. The gaming videos are more entertaining when they're into the games and it feels natural. I know most people root for Phil, but I often find myself decided who to cheer on depending on the game. I've rooted for Dan during both Mario Kart videos, probably because he's quite passionate about it, and I found him losing in the all or nothing a bit frustrating last time so I'm glad he pulled through this time.
000dia000
emo goose

Pianist Flutist wrote: He believes that most people are better and more talented than him
I like to believe Phil is secretly more narcissistic then he lets on. The way he demeans other people sometimes, and uses other people to his advantage socially, and even for entertainment purposes in his videos. He is very slow to change himself, and I get the impression he is rather stubborn. I think EVERYBODY has some degree of narcissism and self-obsession, more than they would admit to, or even realize themselves. Of course, Phil does care about other people, he is king, caring and generous, but I still think he is human, and capable of also thinking "I'm better/nicer than that person." I see this all the time, whenever he does a male character in his video, he also assumes a dumb, generic guy role, and I think he secretly believes himself better than most guys, maybe it's an internalized thing? Who knows? At the same time, I do agree, Phil has insecurities, and I'm certain he's afraid of how people will see him, but he's all in all a great guy, anyways.
Pianist Flutist wrote: He is a lot less confident than he says he is and wants to create the impression that he is confident and has hadt the perfect life bc he doesn't feel like he has he right to complain about not anything as he is aware of his privilege being white and male and from a loving family
I agree with most of your points, but I often see points like this everywhere about Phil being aware of his "privilege", and it baffles me. Phil is a 30 year old man, and I don't think he has been exposed to this part of the internet that is informative about privilege, etc, until quite recently. I don't know, but assuming Phil has gone his whole life thinking "I'm a privileged white person" isn't realistic, because my experience with mature people, who haven't been exposed to the internet, or just any places in general with this ideas, wouldn't think these things, because why would they? People just assume "I'll be a good person", and it will probably come natural to them, but nobody assumes "I'm lucky where I am" without someone pointing it out to them. The only time I've ever had this pointed out, was in retrospective conversations with my mother, who would talk about these issues with me as a child, so I developed some kind of understanding of them from a young age. Then again, these were never in depth and were quite general, it was just something in the back of my head until I was older and became more mindful of other people in other countries. However, not everybody has somebody to take them by the hand and guide them through the world. Maybe the Lester's are aware, but maybe they're not? Basically, not every child is influenced by someone who is aware, or has someone challenging them and reminding them of this, and I don't even think it's very common? Maybe it's to do where I grew up, where there has never been a huge, national issue with race (there probably are problems, don't get me wrong) but in my experience it isn't something widely spoken about.

Therefore, while Phil has probably become conscious of how he has been advantageous, and I think Dan would frequent this part of Tumblr/internet more, and be exposed to this. The kind of reserved attitude I think Phil has, I think comes naturally. Nevertheless, I don't think he is mindful of his "privilege" and it certainly doesn't hinder him in any way or make him self-conscious.
:cactus:
loonyradish
living flop

I haven't had time to read the last 3 pages yet, so you might already be talking about it, but-
Does any of you also feel like Dan lets Phil win sometimes? Because somehow there are two "Dan-reactions" to Phil winning:
1. "NOO, whaat?!?"
2. "Ah, well done Phil!"
Or maybe it's just depending on the game they play. But I'm thinking about that since quite a while now, and maybe someone feels the same?
000dia000
emo goose

loonyradish wrote:I haven't had time to read the last 3 pages yet, so you might already be talking about it, but-
Does any of you also feel like Dan lets Phil win sometimes? Because somehow there are two "Dan-reactions" to Phil winning:
1. "NOO, whaat?!?"
2. "Ah, well done Phil!"
Or maybe it's just depending on the game they play. But I'm thinking about that since quite a while now, and maybe someone feels the same?
He certainly likes to keep the gaming as fair as possible, and in previous gaming videos alluded to Phil choosing games that he himself is good at to allow more wins for him. He is also known to celebrate and encourage Phil to win and do well when it comes to videos, and is self aware "Why am I helping you?" But, letting him win? I don't know. It isn't out of the question and actually fairly likely, but I wouldn't completely rule out situations where he's genuinely pleased to see Phil succeed. I think Dan also plays into and is encouraged to support him, because he's a supportive boyfriend and also you WANT Phil to win. He's that king of persona that makes him the underdog and you want him to succeed and do well. And Phil isn't that much different from his persona so I do think Dan just likes him succeed I think it's satisfying, even if Phil is a cringey winner and spammer
:cactus:
phanofcats
delia smith

capybantsa wrote:Did anybody notice that Dan seemed to be in super extra smitten mode for some reason? They kept maintaining unnecessary body contact, too
I thought so too! Dan seemed like he was trying very hard to get mad at Phil but it didn't work because he was too fond! His heart eyes have somehow gotten stronger lately!
phanofcats
delia smith

onetruetrash wrote:To add my thoughts on the femininity discussion, I think people should just wear whatever they want, gender doesn't matter. That being said, I'm not happy about Dan being feminine just for the sake of breaking down gender roles, I'm happy that he's so much more comfortable expressing than ever before.
I agree with you 100% on that. I'm happy for Dan because he seems so much more comfortable and happy with himself, which make me very happy. If he happens to break gender roles in the process, that's awesome too!

On the subject of him wearing makeup; it's great if he does and great if he doesn't! Whatever he wants to do, I'm happy with. Its seems to me that people are kind of trying to force him into wearing makeup
opendoor
rainbow nerd

Aww that Mario Kart vid was so good. I like the game so I'm super glad they did a follow-up, even if it has been Forever. And all the different types of games were cool.
For some reason I always root for Dan in DvP (I know this is an unpopular opinion ) though I don't feel bad if Phil wins.

Haven't posted on here for a while so here's some thoughts on other stuff.
-The Sims had a lot of entertaining moments and I liked it, but I don't think it flowed as well as other episodes, with a clear plan, there was a Lot of stuff happening very fast.
I replayed the part at 15:05 where they're like
"Shapes!?"
"I mean...vehicle?" too many times, just because their faces and voices aklsdjfa;sl.
And maybe Dan realised what "Won't somebody think of the children...we're not" sounded like, and that's why after it he waffled so intensely.

-When I saw Phil's ASMR video in my sub box I felt appreciation for Phil and his 'there's no integrity here' channel. I don't give a shit about ASMR and I don't think Phil does either, but it made for a good vid. I fucking loved when he tried it himself at the end, I genuinely laughed the whole way through that bit. It gave me old-school Phil vibes. Also 'Thor' was v attractive and Phil thought so too.
-I'm not a big panel person, and that host was annoying af, so I gave up about half-way.
-I stan tomska and his endless shade.
-I agree the Moon bedroom belongs to both of them, that room Phil's filming in is freakin' tiny.
I miss Dan Howell's stupid face.