Dan & Phil Part 45: R.I.P danisnotonfire 2009-2017

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Those replies on twitter are good, a few make me feel particularly proud of him for being serious and encouraging like that. I'm having a lot of love for Dan recently. Loved the gaming videos and Phil's. There have been some hilarious moments and Phil's was especially funny in a very Phil way, bringing out sweets and rubbing the case on his face. Also playing as Tanuki Mario again and it getting so close with Phil winning two.
phanofcats
delia smith
Pronouns: she/her

Ashling Rae wrote:
awsugar wrote:it's also because when they're playing one-player games together, i feel like more often than not dan is the one that's actually playing. i don't know if this is an agreed-upon thing or if dan just takes it upon himself and phil doesn't bother to ask but it kind of bothers me. maybe it's just me but sometimes i feel like it's DanGames feat. PhilsCommentary.
*pops in out of nowhere* I've noticed this too, and back in my Tumblr days I saw an observation that I've found really interesting that perhaps explains 1. why Dan would be better at video games and 2. why Dan tends to take over. Idk if you're a believer in birth order theories, but I think that has a lot to do with it. Dan grew up as the older brother. Phil grew up as the younger brother. In my experience, being somewhat interested in video games but being a younger sister with an older brother- the older siblings tend to take the lead on these sorts of things. They claim player one, and they do most of the "figuring out" the game. Younger siblings are made to sit back, watch, react, and if we're lucky enough to be included, we're the sidekick. I find it pretty likely that Dan takes the controls simply because that's what he's used to, and Phil lets him because that's the role he's played as well. I'm not saying it should be that way. But it doesn't seem to be something that bothers Phil at all. Also it's said that the best relationships are the ones that line up with the birth order for the families of origin, like one older sibling paired with the younger sibling and vice versa, as opposed to two youngest or oldest, because then they'll play out those roles in the most comfortable way for them. DnP have that box checked.
I have not heard of birth order theories before (but i'll deffo be doing some research after this!) but this sounds really interesting to me. This makes a lot of aspects of their relationship make a lot more sense. It doesn't seem to me like Dan is trying to take control/ Phil being left out, it just seems natural and they both seem happy with it. Which is all that matters
bluntedclaws
rainbow nerd

Sorry to be completely off topic but I've been in hospital since Sunday. They just gave me my phone back but there's no wifi and really limited 3G. Could somebody please give me a summary of anything interesting that's happened the last few days.
Sorry if I say something wrong. My first language is sarcasm. I've never really learned English
sugar
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: they/them

bluntedclaws wrote:Sorry to be completely off topic but I've been in hospital since Sunday. They just gave me my phone back but there's no wifi and really limited 3G. Could somebody please give me a summary of anything interesting that's happened the last few days.
i hope you're alright! :platonic:

very basic summary:

dan took a mysterious 2 hour trip to the bahamas on sunday by himself.

new amazingphil video on sunday where phil tries to find out if he has asmr with a funny bit of him trying his own at the end.

dan was still in florida on tuesday so no liveshow but a DAPG video: DvP markiokart 8 deluxe

both still in florida yesterday, as far as we know, as they posted semi matching beach photos on instagram:

dan tweeted encouraging people to register to vote & gave a lot of good reponses to people who asked him about it.

i think that's mostly it?
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Well, that's not helpful in us knowing if you're home or still in Florida...
lost686girl
living flop

alittledizzy wrote:Well, that's not helpful in us knowing if you're home or still in Florida...
How far is Orlando from the beach? Martyn and his lovely gf are posting similar beach and pool pics on insta.
bluntedclaws
rainbow nerd

awsugar wrote:
bluntedclaws wrote:Sorry to be completely off topic but I've been in hospital since Sunday. They just gave me my phone back but there's no wifi and really limited 3G. Could somebody please give me a summary of anything interesting that's happened the last few days.
i hope you're alright! :platonic:

very basic summary:

dan took a mysterious 2 hour trip to the bahamas on sunday by himself.

new amazingphil video on sunday where phil tries to find out if he has asmr with a funny bit of him trying his own at the end.

dan was still in florida on tuesday so no liveshow but a DAPG video: DvP markiokart 8 deluxe

both still in florida yesterday, as far as we know, as they posted semi matching beach photos on instagram:

dan tweeted encouraging people to register to vote & gave a lot of good reponses to people who asked him about it.

i think that's mostly it?
Two hour trip to the Bahamas? That's a bit bizarre. I guess it doesn't take long to get there from Florida.
So Dan is probably with Phil's family?
Sorry if I say something wrong. My first language is sarcasm. I've never really learned English
DatCog
blobfish

Miami Beach?
I think that's Dan in the top pic - looks like his t-shirt!
phanofcats
delia smith

DatCog wrote:Miami Beach?
I was just came to post that pic! So that is deffo Dan in the top one, looks like he's staying for the Lester family holiday after all! how cute
shoe
Moderator Emeritus

phanofcats wrote:
DatCog wrote:Miami Beach?
I was just came to post that pic! So that is deffo Dan in the top one, looks like he's staying for the Lester family holiday after all! how cute
The people in the top picture look more like Phil and Martyn to me.
DatCog
blobfish

shoe wrote: The people in the top picture look more like Phil and Martyn to me.
If it's Phil, then he's wearing Dan's t-shirt - you can see the black stripes on the arms. Reckon these must have been taken last night as it's only 3pm there now.

I think it's Dan and Martyn in the top pic.
lurker
janice from the shop

shoe wrote:
Ilovethemohyesido wrote:
saffarinda wrote: afaik the closest thing we got to them talking about their work process together was that one interview where they described how they always meet in the middle with something better than both of their initial opinions and it's one of my favourites.
Could you please tell us which interview is that one?
thank you shoe for linking to the video before i could do it!
kalli wrote:I for one, certainly do not care about these particular dynamics of their relationship, but the idea of their emotion bond - the fact that they're virtually inseparable best friends who have no plans of leaving each other - being a scam is unsettling.
i agree with this sentiment of your post! i definitely feel the same, but it's not really a possibility that i give much thought to. them spending 99% of their time together, living in a shared apartment, going on holidays, even with each other's families, etc., even if you leave out what they say -- if they weren't really as close, this scenario would be more like fanfiction than anything we see these days.

enemies to friends (to lovers?) au, dan and phil secretly hate each other but since mastermind!phil has come up with an elaborate scheme to make them both famous, they tolerate each other. slow burn, 800k, they only shake hands in the very last chapter right before they end their youtube careers.
i'd read that.
thank's you were great
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

So based on the fact that Cornelia's pic is from Miami not Orlando/the area Phil's family generally vacations in, and that she captioned it cruising - who thinks there's a chance that they're on a cruise right now?
Susanisnotafish
flower crown
Pronouns: She/her

On the topic of Dan's political tweet yesterday:

I love serious Daniel. My first discovery of a Dan video was The Story of My Hamster, in which he expresses some deep thoughts along with being humorous. I was initially drawn to his thoughts and his ability to express them in an entertaining way (as well as his accent and his looks, lbr). I wonder how much of the rebrand was so he could be taken more seriously when speaking about politics. In that case AmazingPhil probs won't be getting too serious anytime soon. I love when he does though, but just a bit at a time bc I rely on him for lightheartedness too much. I wish Daniel (and Phil) would discuss religion more too. He comes off as atheist , but I would like to hear his reasons why and more of his discussions and experiences with his Christian grandma.

Edit: sorry this got plopped into the middle of a new discussion.
Last edited by Susanisnotafish on Thu May 11, 2017 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Rub those freckles all over me!" --Daniel Howell
phanofcats
delia smith

alittledizzy wrote: and that she captioned it cruising - who thinks there's a chance that they're on a cruise right now?
Oh my god I didn't even think about that! I would die to see pics of them on a curse I also believe it is Dan and Martyn in the photo (you can see Dan's white t-shirt with the black stripe).
SquishPhan
capita£ester

alittledizzy wrote:So based on the fact that Cornelia's pic is from Miami not Orlando/the area Phil's family generally vacations in, and that she captioned it cruising - who thinks there's a chance that they're on a cruise right now?
Oh snap, I hadn't even thought of that, but it would certainly make sense.
lost686girl
living flop

could be a cruise or could be cruisin' down the blvd. haha. either way that is definitely dan with martyn in that top picture. if it's not dan then a big tall dude has stolen his shirt and posture
sugar
eclipse shirt

do we think we'll get a video in place of the live show today?
DatCog
blobfish

Horse Prince finale, oh yes!! Finally...been expecting it for the past month
sugar
eclipse shirt

i'm not sure i'm in the majority but i am SO excited, i have been waiting for this.
pastelspectre
stress mushroom
Pronouns: he/him

i'm excited for this!!

i love my horse prince. will post my thoughts of the video after. :D
:transheart:
SquishPhan
capita£ester

Still don’t care for the game. What I like best about these vids is how much Phil enjoys it.
thephandommenace
procrastinator

Even though I've been getting bored of MPH there were some really great (if shocking) moments in this and I laughed aloud multiple times :D
by shocking I mean the unexpected graphic comment at 23:30 that made my brain short-circuit @_@

I am a changed man
saffarinda
truth bomb

Although I don't adore the game, their reactions were funny and I loved Phil's Yuuma voice. The dialogue bits were very quick, but it's understandable if they were getting through so many episodes of gameplay. Phil singing it to the Simpsons theme tune at the beginning was adorable too.

Also, when they were talking about the platonic or possibly romantic thing I felt like it was an entire extended metaphor for dnp lmao. I think they got a lil uncomfortable at the concert with screaming though, or was that just me projecting my awkwardness?

They both looked glowing in the vid too, which made me :)) along with the funny drilling comment aha.

edit: also i forgot about the other vid and thought at 20:47 dan was making a blowjob euphamism along with the choking until i remembered ohmygod
25/04/2017 - #blessed
pastelspectre
stress mushroom
Pronouns: he/him

that was a cute way to end a series. good video! i liked a lot of their reactions and whatnot. maybe they'll do the dlcs if they get enough requests for it lol.
:transheart: