Dan & Phil Part 45: R.I.P danisnotonfire 2009-2017

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
autumnhearth
senpai
Pronouns: she/her

myllakka wrote:
Did. Did we ask for this?! i wasn't ready lakjsdfd???

#freetheknees indeed. Another creep shot by Phil, I'm assuming, even though Dan is the one sharing them all. We see right through y'all boys.
Shorts! Yes please!!! At least the weed bamboo shirt is airy. His caption reminds me of Narcissus. Re: taking photos of each other in the same location. They aren't even trying and that's wonderful. Though a photo together would be lovely.

(Just to clarify I didn't intend for the not stalking comment to be judgemental toward anyone on here. I understand the curiosity, especially if it's another YouTuber's progeny. I just think when it comes to children and family we should wait for info to be volunteered. Shrug)
malday
emo goose

Catallena wrote:Aww. Look at him standing by the pool of his p l a t o n i c bbfl's parents' vacation home in Florida, in a picture taken by ~the guy he lives with~. Probably thinking about vagina which he likes fyi.
it's so nice his bffl is helping him take nice pictures for his dating profile. the best wingman!
phanofcats
delia smith

Catallena wrote:Aww. Look at him standing by the pool of his p l a t o n i c bbfl's parents' vacation home in Florida, in a picture taken by ~the guy he lives with~. Probably thinking about vagina which he likes fyi.
this made me laugh so much
xaephan
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

malday wrote:
it's so nice his bffl is helping him take nice pictures for his dating profile. the best wingman!
This is just part of their plan to get their work as model and photographer out there! Their entire YT career is a cover for that as well, 100%.
if my heart was a compass you'd be north
previously myllakka
uglyamerican
woodland creature

autumnhearth wrote:
myllakka wrote:

#freetheknees indeed. Another creep shot by Phil, I'm assuming, even though Dan is the one sharing them all. We see right through y'all boys.
Shorts! Yes please!!! At least the weed bamboo shirt is airy. His caption reminds me of Narcissus. Re: taking photos of each other in the same location. They aren't even trying and that's wonderful. Though a photo together would be lovely.

(Just to clarify I didn't intend for the not stalking comment to be judgemental toward anyone on here. I understand the curiosity, especially if it's another YouTuber's progeny. I just think when it comes to children and family we should wait for info to be volunteered. Shrug)
Daniel the pool boy. He does love his long sleeve sweaters, but in FL? He must be cold blooded (or avoiding sun exposure.) The swim trunks work much better than the knickers. He needs to invest in more boardies.
swofro
angel bean

SquishPhan wrote:While I would love to get a (joint) liveshow, I can't see it happening as long as they are still in Florida.
I'm going with giant hand and tiny ice cream.
My first impression is that does not look like Phil's hand. The fact that he crops the picture without showing the wrist part makes it looks like Daniel's.
Only the tiny peek of the nail on his ring finger convince me that it was really Phil's hand. Oh, and the way he hold that ice cream. That's Phil's. I love hands.

Or
Phil's hand is dead and it was replaced by a clone, a conspiracy theory thread
Love is forever
autumnhearth
senpai

malday wrote:
You all are hilarious!
uglyamerican wrote:
Daniel the pool boy. He does love his long sleeve sweaters, but in FL? He must be cold blooded (or avoiding sun exposure.) The swim trunks work much better than the knickers. He needs to invest in more boardies.
Well spotted! I didn't notice the drawstrings. And well, poolside, duh. Honestly, I also wear breezy shrugs to the beach for extra sun protection (but I burn, badly) the thick jumper he wore to the restaurant was a bit much. Plus I think Dan is self conscious about his torso. Sigh. He does look quite sturdy in that pic. In a very good way. So Dan has been pale for several years now. I wonder if vampire!Phil prefers him that way, or if the "never go outside" branding is just too strong. (Or you know, Phil doesn't want him to get skin cancer).
secretagentphan
procrastinator

Awww that picture of Dan is so precious. It does make me sad he seems to be insecure about his torso though because I relate. I felt really bad because I saw a post with a lot of notes and it was a gif of Dan throwing something on stage (from playlist of Australia this year..?) and his shirt flew up and you could see his stomach. All the notes were positive but they were still pointing out his belly and I know personally I would be mortified. He didn't share that on his own terms and idk it just made me feel really bad. He seems more comfortable with himself in other regards lately so that's good.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

myllakka wrote:

this. insta. fucked. me. up. i can't even explain why???

yes i can. because phil took it. and because dan shared it. and because it's a photo of dan a week into staying with phil at the lester family vacation house. and he looks calm. and happy despite his claims tbh. and knees. and shorts. and sunshine. and curls. and true love.

i'll end my post as i do almost every other one these days: i am living for 2017!phan.
onetruetrash
blobfish

secretagentphan wrote:Awww that picture of Dan is so precious. It does make me sad he seems to be insecure about his torso though because I relate. I felt really bad because I saw a post with a lot of notes and it was a gif of Dan throwing something on stage (from playlist of Australia this year..?) and his shirt flew up and you could see his stomach. All the notes were positive but they were still pointing out his belly and I know personally I would be mortified. He didn't share that on his own terms and idk it just made me feel really bad. He seems more comfortable with himself in other regards lately so that's good.
Hmmm.... I never thought about Dan having body issues before. In his older videos also the nudes, he seems to have absolutely no problem showing his body. People say he got unnaturally skinny in 2012, but I don't know, I don't see it. But 2012 and after, I don't think he's shown his torso below the top half. Not trying to speculate about people's mental health or anything, just an observation.
Lain
eclipse shirt

swofro wrote:
Or
Phil's hand is dead and it was replaced by a clone, a conspiracy theory thread
OR his hand has been taken over by an alien creature and he gets to live out one of his anime recs, Parasyte.

secretagentphan
procrastinator

onetruetrash wrote:
secretagentphan wrote:Awww that picture of Dan is so precious. It does make me sad he seems to be insecure about his torso though because I relate. I felt really bad because I saw a post with a lot of notes and it was a gif of Dan throwing something on stage (from playlist of Australia this year..?) and his shirt flew up and you could see his stomach. All the notes were positive but they were still pointing out his belly and I know personally I would be mortified. He didn't share that on his own terms and idk it just made me feel really bad. He seems more comfortable with himself in other regards lately so that's good.
Hmmm.... I never thought about Dan having body issues before. In his older videos also the nudes, he seems to have absolutely no problem showing his body. People say he got unnaturally skinny in 2012, but I don't know, I don't see it. But 2012 and after, I don't think he's shown his torso below the top half. Not trying to speculate about people's mental health or anything, just an observation.
This is just my experience with body image and I'm not trying to project it onto Dan, but from my experience just because you're flaunting your body and taking nudes doesn't mean you're 100% secure. I saw Dan's naked booths as seeking validation more than actually being confident. Also in pictures and videos he has control over angles and how his body looks so that also doesn't necessarily mean he's confident. I find it hard to accept online compliments because I know that's not how I actually look candid.

I don't want to speculate too much about something as personal as body image but I'm just saying that particular tumblr gif made me very uncomfortable because Dan didn't consent to people seeing his stomach. It would be one thing if only people in the audience saw (still would make me personally feel awful) but having it all over social media imo is so much worse. I don't know his situation but it seems like he purposely hides his torso now and because I would be uncomfortable with people sharing things like that about me I can't help but feel bad. I get it might help other people who are insecure but you should treat people the way you want to be treated and be more respectful. I get its contradictory for me to be saying this while talking about him on a forum but because this is private and there's no chance of them accidentally stumbling upon it i feel like it's different.
onetruetrash
blobfish

secretagentphan wrote:
onetruetrash wrote:
This is just my experience with body image and I'm not trying to project it onto Dan, but from my experience just because you're flaunting your body and taking nudes doesn't mean you're 100% secure. I saw Dan's naked booths as seeking validation more than actually being confident. Also in pictures and videos he has control over angles and how his body looks so that also doesn't necessarily mean he's confident. I find it hard to accept online compliments because I know that's not how I actually look candid.

I don't want to speculate too much about something as personal as body image but I'm just saying that particular tumblr gif made me very uncomfortable because Dan didn't consent to people seeing his stomach. It would be one thing if only people in the audience saw (still would make me personally feel awful) but having it all over social media imo is so much worse. I don't know his situation but it seems like he purposely hides his torso now and because I would be uncomfortable with people sharing things like that about me I can't help but feel bad. I get it might help other people who are insecure but you should treat people the way you want to be treated and be more respectful. I get its contradictory for me to be saying this while talking about him on a forum but because this is private and there's no chance of them accidentally stumbling upon it i feel like it's different.
I didn't really think about that. I am fortunate enough to not struggle with body issues, so that all comes from an outsider's point of view.
secretagentphan
procrastinator

onetruetrash wrote:
secretagentphan wrote:
onetruetrash wrote:

I didn't really think about that. I am fortunate enough to not struggle with body issues, so that all comes from an outsider's point of view.
Oh for sure! I hope it didn't sound like I was coming for you because that wasn't my intention at all, I was just trying to give my perspective on it I guess. I love hearing other people's opinions on my posts so I hope I didn't come across as condescending.

I see a lot of the same coping mechanisms and signs I have in Dan so it just makes me feel sad when I see posts like the one I was talking about.
onetruetrash
blobfish

secretagentphan wrote:
onetruetrash wrote:
secretagentphan wrote:
onetruetrash wrote:

Oh for sure! I hope it didn't sound like I was coming for you because that wasn't my intention at all, I was just trying to give my perspective on it I guess. I love hearing other people's opinions on my posts so I hope I didn't come across as condescending.

I see a lot of the same coping mechanisms and signs I have in Dan so it just makes me feel sad when I see posts like the one I was talking about.
Don't worry, you didn't sound like that! I was just saying that I have no experience with body issues, so I have no idea what it's like. I'm glad you shared your perspective on the topic since you know more about it! :)
fancy_nancy
phabergé

He could be wearing it for sun protection but I agree, in the past he has mentioned being self conscious about his looks so it makes sense he likes to cover up, and I saw that gif too and while he looks good in it I felt like ohhh noooo bc if that was me i'd be so embarassed.
karma_yeah
philussy

rizzo wrote:
myllakka wrote:

yes i can. because phil took it. and because dan shared it. and because it's a photo of dan a week into staying with phil at the lester family vacation house. and he looks calm. and happy despite his claims tbh. and knees. and shorts. and sunshine. and curls. and true love.

i'll end my post as i do almost every other one these days: i am living for 2017!phan.

I think rizzo has summed up all my thoughts and feelings to perfection. The only thing I have to add is that I think I'm permanently

I think they are both beautiful inside and out
What goes around, comes around Image
secretagentphan
procrastinator

fancy_nancy wrote:
He could be wearing it for sun protection but I agree, in the past he has mentioned being self conscious about his looks so it makes sense he likes to cover up, and I saw that gif too and while he looks good in it I felt like ohhh noooo bc if that was me i'd be so embarassed.
Yes this was what I meant but better articulated. I think Dan's body is great right now and he looks so much more attractive/healthier imo but I know if I were in his shoes I'd be pretty upset at a bunch of 14 year olds commenting "TUMMY !!" when I didn't even mean to show my stomach.
Susanisnotafish
flower crown
Pronouns: She/her

Autumnhearth wrote:
Well spotted! I didn't notice the drawstrings. And well, poolside, duh. Honestly, I also wear breezy shrugs to the beach for extra sun protection (but I burn, badly) the thick jumper he wore to the restaurant was a bit much.

So Dan has been pale for several years now. I wonder if vampire!Phil prefers him that way, or if the "never go outside" branding is just too strong. (Or you know, Phil doesn't want him to get skin cancer).
I remember in an old Phil ls I watched recently Phil was talking about preferring pale skin. But I don't necessarily think Dan would try to stay paler unless Dan himself started to prefer himself paler. I think of how Phil has wanted Dan to dye his hair black since 2009 but Dan has said he won't.

llion
living flop

rizzo wrote:
myllakka wrote:

what true words. they're really just living so comfortably and openly, i love it. and dans legs fuck me up
art credit: koreinkorein (thank you!)
Susanisnotafish
flower crown

llion wrote:
rizzo wrote:
myllakka wrote:

what true words. they're really just living so comfortably and openly, i love it. and dans legs fuck me up
I really wish the username said Daniel Howell. This pic is definitely a Daniel pic. Hurry up Instagram!

Another thing I think makes this pic so appealing to me is that because it's candid and he possibly thinks he is alone or only with Phil, his body and attitude are so much more at ease than when we usually see him in the presence of others. What a blessing that Phil captured this beautiful moment and that they decided to share it with all of us. I unironically feel #blessed.
"Rub those freckles all over me!" --Daniel Howell
jesuisunèléve
phabergé

secretagentphan wrote:
fancy_nancy wrote:
Yes this was what I meant but better articulated. I think Dan's body is great right now and he looks so much more attractive/healthier imo but I know if I were in his shoes I'd be pretty upset at a bunch of 14 year olds commenting "TUMMY !!" when I didn't even mean to show my stomach.
My opinion is Dan got self-conscious about his torso when puberty finally hit him and he reached his full height and his shoulders grew broader. His torso is what took the hit in his growth spurt, not his legs (you can compare from the vids when they were on that island and always had their shirts off) but even so, Dan's waistline seems to appear right at the bottom of his ribcage.

I am too lazy to call up videos, but it's out there on the YT.

That being said, we are long past the days when Dan's pants were always hanging off his ass. He's matured into his body and he is a big man, and I don't mean fat, but you can tell he has some unease with himself from the waist up. It's a shame he is so self conscious but I am the same way so I get it. I would prefer to bury myself in long, wide sweaters any day.
Phantasy
woodland creature

I can't shake the image of Phil sat on a lounge chair like some desperate housewife sumptuously eating his ice cream while ogling pool boy Danny through his sunglasses.
llion
living flop

Susanisnotafish wrote:Another thing I think makes this pic so appealing to me is that because it's candid and he possibly thinks he is alone or only with Phil, his body and attitude are so much more at ease than when we usually see him in the presence of others. What a blessing that Phil captured this beautiful moment and that they decided to share it with all of us. I unironically feel #blessed.
exactly! it's super candid and that's what i love about most of the phil creep shots. it almost feels like looking at dan through a phil-shaped lense. it's really cute.
Phantasy wrote:I can't shake the image of Phil sat on a lounge chair like some desperate housewife sumptuously eating his ice cream while ogling pool boy Danny through his sunglasses.
a truly beautiful picture. dan it's your turn to creep back.
is this deppy
art credit: koreinkorein (thank you!)
Susanisnotafish
flower crown

Phantasy wrote:I can't shake the image of Phil sat on a lounge chair like some desperate housewife sumptuously eating his ice cream while ogling pool boy Danny through his sunglasses.
This isn't exactly that, but same idea.
"Rub those freckles all over me!" --Daniel Howell