Dan & Phil Part 45: R.I.P danisnotonfire 2009-2017

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides
Pronouns: she/her

I am actually on holiday at the moment and haven't watched The Sims yet. I was just quickly popping in as was reading the last thread and wanted to reply to Dia. I need to catch up on all the Playlist stuff too! Damn my two fandoms being so busy at the same time.
000dia000 wrote:I'm late to the Sims discussion but I was delighted to hear Phil sing SOAD, idk but I find it amusing that he's a fan, or was in the past. He did do a music video for one of their songs, so he must like them but never speaks about them.
I'm sure he does like them. I saw SOAD at Reading in 2013 and wasn't a D&P fan at the time but funnily enough when I looked back at my Reading photos there they were watching from the side of the stage! So funny thinking that they were just in my eye line the whole way through!

I should look through the rest of my photos from that day, you never know if they are in the back of any of them
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
jesuisunèléve
phabergé

Perhaps the bad patch in March was an adoption that didn't go thru?
000dia000
emo goose

missemma wrote:
000dia000 wrote:
I'm late to the Sims discussion but I was delighted to hear Phil sing SOAD, idk but I find it amusing that he's a fan, or was in the past. He did do a music video for one of their songs, so he must like them but never speaks about them.
I'm sure he does like them. I saw SOAD at Reading in 2013 and wasn't a D&P fan at the time but funnily enough when I looked back at my Reading photos there they were watching from the side of the stage! So funny thinking that they were just in my eye line the whole way through!

I should look through the rest of my photos from that day, you never know if they are in the back of any of them
Holy shit, this is amazing I never knew this, is it possible to stan them even more??
Also, this incident is amazing, what a funny coincidence, particularly in this instance.

Guys, I think we're actually living in a fanfic, based off of their domestic behaviour, them recently moving in, Dan's total rebrand and change in style. What I'm getting at is I wouldn't take mpreg off the table, they've been mentioning it more than ever lately and I bet those were the biggest "hints" they've been dropping.
:cactus:
llion
living flop

missemma wrote:I am actually on holiday at the moment and haven't watched The Sims yet. I was just quickly popping in as was reading the last thread and wanted to reply to Dia. I need to catch up on all the Playlist stuff too! Damn my two fandoms being so busy at the same time.
000dia000 wrote:I'm late to the Sims discussion but I was delighted to hear Phil sing SOAD, idk but I find it amusing that he's a fan, or was in the past. He did do a music video for one of their songs, so he must like them but never speaks about them.

what a coincidence oh my god! i love this. they look so them as well, what a fun accidental creepshot.
art credit: koreinkorein (thank you!)
autumnhearth
senpai

Wow. How bizarre to have a photo with in it without realizing it at the time. (Unintentional creep shot, Dan looks like he might be judging you/wary.) How/when did you find out?

I wish Phil would make more music videos. I love 'Lonely Day', 'A Static Lullaby' (Toxic), 'Check Yes Juliet' and 'What's This?' (He made a great Jack Skellington). Am I missing any music ones?
JoeAverage
sad dimple

autumnhearth wrote: I think I have my husband almost fully converted now, he asked about D&P's popularity on his D&D forum. Got some good responses too. We all watched the making of TATINOF documentary together last night, before my YouTubeRed trial was up, he enjoyed it, though he had no desire to watch the actual stage show. Too campy/fanservicey. He's also begun to offer his own speculation on details of their relationship...
Now you got me interested in what his speculation actually is, do tell if possible.
Phil Lester is a genius
autumnhearth
senpai

000dia000 wrote:
Guys, I think we're actually living in a fanfic, based off of their domestic behaviour, them recently moving in, Dan's total rebrand and change in style. What I'm getting at is I wouldn't take mpreg off the table, they've been mentioning it more than ever lately and I bet those were the biggest "hints" they've been dropping.
Lol. Mpreg is one of the few tropes that in all my years of reading Drarry fanfic, I've never had any interest in. I feel like at this point I could make an exception for them. (Oh god they've conditioned me). As long as it features a very whiny, uncomfortable pregnant Dan, eating loads of ice cream. Plus the medical technology is coming along isn't it? Honestly though, they were so freaking insensitive and clueless about Tabitha's pregnancy in the Sims, but once Dil was born the were cooing. So umm, I'm going to recommend adoption over surragocy for them. But I hope that is many years out.
lost686girl
living flop

000dia000 wrote:
i would not be surprised if they adopted a child in the next five years. heck, i still think they were planning their wedding in march lol
/fɪl lɛstɚ/
sad dimple

missemma wrote:I'm sure he does like them. I saw SOAD at Reading in 2013 and wasn't a D&P fan at the time but funnily enough when I looked back at my Reading photos there they were watching from the side of the stage! So funny thinking that they were just in my eye line the whole way through!

That is so incredibly bizarre. I can't imagine being so close to deppy without even realizing
I am always on Phil Lester's side
swofro
angel bean

missemma wrote:

What a great coincidence!
I second the idea of looking through the rest of your photos. This is a great gem
Love is forever
autumnhearth
senpai

JoeAverage wrote:
autumnhearth wrote: I think I have my husband almost fully converted now, he asked about D&P's popularity on his D&D forum. Got some good responses too. We all watched the making of TATINOF documentary together last night, before my YouTubeRed trial was up, he enjoyed it, though he had no desire to watch the actual stage show. Too campy/fanservicey. He's also begun to offer his own speculation on details of their relationship...
Now you got me interested in what his speculation actually is, do tell if possible.
I'd be glad to, but maybe as a private message tomorrow? I'm not sure if the main thread is the best place for it, though I guess I could always put it under a cut.
Moonbeamsonthepath
living flop
Pronouns: she

New Phil video!
lost686girl
living flop

i don't watch vlogs so i haven't scoured the data but i'm 100% sure didn't do any socializing last night at playlist did they?
sugar
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: they/them

not a fan of this because asmr makes me very uncomfortable but i have some thoughts on the new video background.

it looks very cramped and seems like a weird camera angle. plus phil's comment about the bed being smaller...just increasing my thoughts that it really is just a video background and he doesn't sleep there. anyone else?
SquishPhan
capita£ester

Moonbeamsonthepath wrote:New Phil video!
I was not expecting to get a vid now, but I'll take it.

Not my fave, but still enjoyable.

Phil doing ASMR did not give me tingles, but it did make me laugh.

Like the sweater that he was wearing.

Also not buying that is Phil's real bedroom. It is probably just the angle, but it looks smaller than his previous one plus him downsizing his bed, yeah nope.
lishachi
eclipse shirt

1. His jumper is so pretty. I want it. 2. This video was hilarious, he's so flipping cute all the time how does he do it??? 3. His background looks very much like a set and not his bedroom. It's all so cramped in one corner, unless he's done it that way so that it doesn't look so sparse? Maybe it's the camera angle, he's usually sitting on the side of his bed horizontally so the whole of the bedroom was shown, this time he's kinda sat in the middle/by the edge? I wonder why.

Edit: Phil's jumper in case you were wondering! http://www.topman.com/en/tmuk/product/g ... sweatshirt - pic under spoiler
Last edited by lishachi on Sun May 07, 2017 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:biflag: :blackheart:
JoeAverage
sad dimple

I am definitely going to be calling this new room The beard room/beardroom because he (Phil) definitely doesnt sleep there. Pls who do they think they are fooling?!
Last edited by JoeAverage on Sun May 07, 2017 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phil Lester is a genius
PolarFox
truth bomb

Agree with posts above me, it looks just like a set but... did Dan edit this video
Last edited by PolarFox on Sun May 07, 2017 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Awww! You clicked on my signature!
lost686girl
living flop

SquishPhan wrote:
Also not buying that is Phil's real bedroom. It is probably just the angle, but it looks smaller than his previous one plus him downsizing his bed, yeah nope.
he said he had fallen out of the bed a few times but did not say he was sleeping when he fell out so maybe? lol :sideeye:
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

awsugar wrote:it looks very cramped and seems like a weird camera angle. plus phil's comment about the bed being smaller...just increasing my thoughts that it really is just a video background and he doesn't sleep there. anyone else?
I had the exact same thought! Everything looked super cramped in there - almost just to fit the angle so that he gave nothing away about the room outside of the fact that it has white walls and a white floor.

So, same. I'm increasingly convinced this is just for videos (though I was essentially at 98% before even having seen this).

As for the video.... I wish he hadn't spoken so much. Not that I've ever really gotten into ASMR, but how is he supposed to experience it if he keeps talking over it? I realize he's filming a video, but it all felt a bit fruitless. I loved the end though! Threw me back to old-school Phil a lot. So, on that end, I'm pleased.
DatCog
blobfish

That is totally a spare room, it looks really cramped and why would he get a smaller bed. Nope, nope, nope!

Otherwise, fairly standard AP video which was a pleasant watch.. ASMR does nothing for me though.

Phil's sweater is the most Dan-like clothing item I've seen him in! Perhaps they're gradually swapping styles? :)
saffarinda
truth bomb

I wasn't so sure when I first clicked on this video, but Phil's jokes and the editing had me dying laughing - especially that "The exact moment where I regreted all my life choices". Plus, Phils jokes whilst doing the ASMR were amazing, I actually really enjoyed it.

Yeah, I'm not buying that being Phil's actual room as well. I try to remain neutral about whether Phan is actually real or not and find myseld flickering back and forth, but moving to a new apartment only to get a smaller bed and room? Space was something both dnp actively wanted, so I doubt Phil would want to downsize.
25/04/2017 - #blessed
DatCog
blobfish

This was a cute observation:

[tumblr] <div class="tumblr-post" data-href="https://embed.tumblr.com/embed/post/cXA ... 0419664377" data-did="da39a3ee5e6b4b0d3255bfef95601890afd80709">[/tumblr]
confusedpanda
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: Her/she

I really want to enjoy this video but I just can't. It's not that it was bad or anything but I didn't laugh or smile much throughout. I did like the slight male attraction moment though, with Phil saying he'd watch the beared guy for a whole hour, that made me laugh a bit. And I do agree, I don't think that's where he sleeps. Though I tend to believe dan and Phil do have separate rooms where they can sleep when they don't want to share a bed and keep all there other stuff (clothes and etc) so yeah basically a spare room but also his own space when needed (be it a few times a week or a few times a month, who knows)!
We're here, we're queer, we're filled with existential fear!
gif cred: pseudophan on tumblr
saffarinda
truth bomb

PolarFox wrote:
Agree with posts above me, it looks just like a set but... did Dan edit this video
I doubt it, they don't edit each others main channel videos. Phil has a fairly similar humour to Dan in some ways (I mean, after living together for as many years as they have, they'd have to to a certain extent) but his brand doesn't relate to those jokes much. I like this slightly new style, but Phil's done stuff like the comic sans before (all that's coming to mind is the "free him" where he trapped the pikachu in the container for 4 hours)

tldr; nah dan didn't edit his vid
25/04/2017 - #blessed