Dan & Phil Part 45: R.I.P danisnotonfire 2009-2017

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
basictrashfan
crusty sponge
Pronouns: she/her

malday wrote:
(multiple pictures, scroll through with the arrows)

Damn , they looked like the had fun!
i like how they put Martyn between them so they don't have their hands around eachother
Kinda irrelevant, but I absolutely love how in the fifth photo Phil has put his sticker in the middle box of his shirt rather than on the typical chestal area.

edit : why is my useless post top of the page...?
hit me up on the tumbs
@basictrashfan
starsandshards
living flop

basictrashfan wrote:
malday wrote:

i like how they put Martyn between them so they don't have their hands around eachother
Kinda irrelevant, but I absolutely love how in the fifth photo Phil has put his sticker in the middle box of his shirt rather than on the typical chestal area.

edit : why is my useless post top of the page...?
i liked this, too! he's cute. :D
loonyradish
living flop

phanofcats wrote:These pictures were such a lovely thing to wake up to They look like such a couple in their selfie and the family photo!! I did not expect this! They are such a good looking family too As for deppy not being beside each other, I didn't find to weird at all. Didn't think about it really. It was probably just how they were already standing and someone wanted a picture. But the fact that Dan posted it made me even happier
I also think they were already standing in that order. I mean, I can't imagine them discussing how they should stand on the photo: "Okay, but no, Phil, we can't stand right next to each other because of the Phans' overinterpreting, so I'm gonna be here, and Martin has to be in the middle-"
Naah. They probably just took a random photo without thinking about who's next to whom

Oh, and I can only agree with everyone above me - I loved loved LOVED the bomb disposal vid!! Keep talking and nobody explodes is probably the game I love them playing the most this last sentence doesn't sound like proper English grammar at all I'm sorry. I liked how Phil interrupted Dan for once in the beginning, while it's usually the other way around The first minute or so was soo cute! I watched it in the bus this morning, and I smiled so hard it must have looked pretty weird.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

That is a cute Phil thing to do with the pink sticker. Loving Dan's puffy jacket, very cool patches. I have a small plushie bear with a baseball cap from visiting the Kennedy Space Center back in 1992 (forever ten years older than our Daniel). That is a nice picture of the four of them, very family.

The bomb game video was good, I was surprised when it finished after only two, but they packed a lot in. Dan took me right back to 1993 again when he sang that song right at the beginning. There were so many versions of that song, classic. Phil's comment that everything was sweating, though, honestly, does he think things through before he says them? My brain went right to penis so well done, Phil He kinda saved it with eyelashes. I love his 80s vibe pastel Miami tshirt and they both have been looking so cute recently, they're making me forget the boring wall behind them or that they're even in a new room. Good work, boys
xaephan
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

saffarinda wrote:
myllakka wrote:
awsugar wrote:next thought after getting over the cuteness: when will dan stop wearing long sleeves/JACKETS in florida??? i'm from the northeast and it was like 80 today i can only imagine how he felt in those clothes in florida...
nihilist-toothpaste had a pretty good point about the clothes on tumblr--it's probably because Dan didn't plan on being on vacation with the Lesters, so he didn't really pack enough clothes in general, and especially not for extended outdoors activities. We've seen him in the same few lighter long-sleeves, which makes sense if he was packing primarily for the con--since his old place didn't have A/C so he's probably not used to it, his choices made sense for the cold air blasting indoors.

I think it's a good point towards explaining the Bahama mystery. His passport definitely looked more like "May 10th" than "May 18th" to me, and getting (activating?) another visa would explain the two-hour trip. His lack of packing and hinting towards alone time in the last LS also plays into it.
Wait, are you sure they didn't plan this - I don't know how likely it is that they decided to film videos in advance to put up without the knowledge that Dan was going with the Lester's. I'm leaning more towards there was a project for him in the Bahama's.
Oh, I'm not at all sure about anything, just speculating on things for fun :D. I think they would have pre-filmed at least a few things for the gaming channel, because they knew Phil was definitely staying for a vacation, even if Dan was planning on coming back early. In the LS, he said something about he needed to be by himself to come up with video ideas, and that even vacation is stressful sometimes. I think he was alluding to the fact he wasn't planning on joining the Lester family vacation at that point in time.

The bomb video might have been something they initially planned to put up on Thursday in lieu of Phil's LS, but they pushed up the scheduled to cover Dan's (which he might have planned on doing since he was going to leave on the 10th). We'll see if we get something tomorrow, my theory might be completed jossed before then
if my heart was a compass you'd be north
previously myllakka
jesuisunèléve
phabergé

myllakka wrote:
saffarinda wrote:
myllakka wrote:
awsugar wrote:next thought after getting over the cuteness: when will dan stop wearing long sleeves/JACKETS in florida??? i'm from the northeast and it was like 80 today i can only imagine how he felt in those clothes in florida...
nihilist-toothpaste had a pretty good point about the clothes on tumblr--it's probably because Dan didn't plan on being on vacation with the Lesters, so he didn't really pack enough clothes in general, and especially not for extended outdoors activities. We've seen him in the same few lighter long-sleeves, which makes sense if he was packing primarily for the con--since his old place didn't have A/C so he's probably not used to it, his choices made sense for the cold air blasting indoors.

I think it's a good point towards explaining the Bahama mystery. His passport definitely looked more like "May 10th" than "May 18th" to me, and getting (activating?) another visa would explain the two-hour trip. His lack of packing and hinting towards alone time in the last LS also plays into it.
Wait, are you sure they didn't plan this - I don't know how likely it is that they decided to film videos in advance to put up without the knowledge that Dan was going with the Lester's. I'm leaning more towards there was a project for him in the Bahama's.
Oh, I'm not at all sure about anything, just speculating on things for fun :D. I think they would have pre-filmed at least a few things for the gaming channel, because they knew Phil was definitely staying for a vacation, even if Dan was planning on coming back early. In the LS, he said something about he needed to be by himself to come up with video ideas, and that even vacation is stressful sometimes. I think he was alluding to the fact he wasn't planning on joining the Lester family vacation at that point in time.

The bomb video might have been something they initially planned to put up on Thursday in lieu of Phil's LS, but they pushed up the scheduled to cover Dan's (which he might have planned on doing since he was going to leave on the 10th). We'll see if we get something tomorrow, my theory might be completed jossed before then
Didn't Phil say in his last LS they had a plethora of gaming videos to keep us occupied while they were in the US since they weren't going to be doing LS's?
Waggle9007
sofa crease

I just rewatched the end of Dan's last liveshow (the dog bit still makes me squee lol) and he said that he wasn't sure if he'd do a liveshow 'next week' (9th May) because he was in Florida, but if not it would definitely be 'the one after that' (16th May). This on top of everything else makes me lean towards the idea that he didn't initially plan to be in Florida for as long as he has been. Basically just saying what everyone else has said

The non-laggy liveshow if anyone wants to watch: :)
It's at 1:00:39 [tumblr] <div class="tumblr-post" data-href="https://embed.tumblr.com/embed/post/S0t ... 0240039996" data-did="f7fd45467d7368930754a6ecc9c4759835d72e38">[/tumblr]
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Waggle9007 wrote:I just rewatched the end of Dan's last liveshow (the dog bit still makes me squee lol) and he said that he wasn't sure if he'd do a liveshow 'next week' (9th May) because he was in Florida, but if not it would definitely be 'the one after that' (16th May). This on top of everything else makes me lean towards the idea that he didn't initially plan to be in Florida for as long as he has been. Basically just saying what everyone else has said

It's at 1:00:39 [tumblr] <div class="tumblr-post" data-href="https://embed.tumblr.com/embed/post/S0t ... 0240039996" data-did="f7fd45467d7368930754a6ecc9c4759835d72e38">[/tumblr]
I'm so conflicted about this, because while you're totally right that Dan says he'd be doing a liveshow on the 16th - I also think that if Dan didn't want us to know ahead of time he was going to be in Florida for an extended stay, he'd have to say that. If he'd said no liveshow the 16th, we would have all immediately drawn the correct conclusion.

I do think that either way, they didn't confirm that Dan was staying immediately just because they wanted to delay the potential for fans to try to track them all over the city like happened in Singapore. (Assuming they're doing normal Lester family trip outings, like putt putt and general touristry attractions.)
Moon
spork

[offtopic]
alittledizzy wrote:
pearshaped34 wrote:Baby Mile's makes an appearance at the beginning of tomska's latest vlog with (what's I'm assuming is) his mother. However I don't have a clue who she so can't solve that mystery myself but if she's a youtuber maybe someone here will recognise her. (There is also D&P sitting near by in the shade 1.09)

It looks like the mother is one of the Flipside managers, Fleur! Well, that's one mystery solved.

Now can Tomska tell us why Dan was in the Bahamas?
Thanks for clearing that up! [/offtopic]
That's the plan.
Ashling Rae
*editing tips*

malday wrote:

My interpretation-
Dan: jokingly Screw you, Katherine.
Martyn: mid-laughter Fine Dan, don't touch me. I see how it is.
Phil: slightly annoyed at the arrangement too, doing the awkward "not actually touching you" thing with Cornelia Can't we just take the picture please?
Cornelia: Can you all not?

I bet Martyn and Dan tease Phil a lot.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Okay not quite evoking the same emotional response as Dan's picture oversharing burst yesterday, but I'll take it.
loonyradish
living flop

alittledizzy wrote:
Waggle9007 wrote:I just rewatched the end of Dan's last liveshow (the dog bit still makes me squee lol) and he said that he wasn't sure if he'd do a liveshow 'next week' (9th May) because he was in Florida, but if not it would definitely be 'the one after that' (16th May). This on top of everything else makes me lean towards the idea that he didn't initially plan to be in Florida for as long as he has been. Basically just saying what everyone else has said

I'm so conflicted about this, because while you're totally right that Dan says he'd be doing a liveshow on the 16th - I also think that if Dan didn't want us to know ahead of time he was going to be in Florida for an extended stay, he'd have to say that. If he'd said no liveshow the 16th, we would have all immediately drawn the correct conclusion.
I'm not sure if he would lie then though. If he knew he was going to stay with the Lesters, he'd probably just have said "there won't be a live show next week", without even refferring to the LS on the 16th.
phanofcats
delia smith

loonyradish wrote:
alittledizzy wrote:

I'm not sure if he would lie then though. If he knew he was going to stay with the Lesters, he'd probably just have said "there won't be a live show next week", without even refferring to the LS on the 16th.
I agree. I don't think he would just blatantly lie about it. He would've either not mentioned it, or say he didn't know if there would be a LS. I deffo think his stay was unplanned
SquishPhan
capita£ester

Ashling Rae
*editing tips*

[offtopic]This article.. Number 18 reminded me of a couple people I know of..
https://www.buzzfeed.com/jasminnahar/tw ... .rpw99AnZ6[/offtopic]
autumnhearth
senpai

Horrible pictures, but I love them, especially since Phil added Dan's in a reply. Co-star indeed. Astronauts! I'm pretty sure I saw a fanfic about that. *searches AO3* Oh there are several... of course there are.

Finished watching the bomb game last night, really, really enjoyed it. I agree they should take their time working through the levels. (We watched a half a dozen other gaming videos last night. The husband was literally flailing about the couch from laughter during Quick Draw and the end of the the Impossible Quiz. He almost fell on the floor )

I did watch the beginning of Tomska's vlog to peek at lounging I like how Fleur said Miles has had enough internet exposure, but I question him even including the baby in his vlog when mum said no twice. Hopefully there was consent given afterward...
ArtyJim
glabella

anyone have any thoughts on why dan originally wasn't going to stay in florida after playlist but then ended up staying for the vacation? if that is what happened, i mean.
autumnhearth
senpai

ArtyJim wrote:anyone have any thoughts on why dan originally wasn't going to stay in florida after playlist but then ended up staying for the vacation? if that is what happened, i mean.
:welcome:

Based on little snippets from Dan's liveshows, traveling this year has been mentally/emotionally taxing (even "vacation" is draining) and he felt he needed to spend some time "alone" to recharge (perhaps work out some video ideas).

Except that "being alone" usually includes Phil. Dan doesn't like being completely by himself and I imagine that when it came down to it, the prospect of returning to London without Phil and being alone in the new duplex was too much. He may be an introvert, but he's an introvert *with* Phil.

I hope that he is able to get some down time by himself, as well as enjoy "family time" and fun outings. I'm imagining them all playing mini"crazy" golf.
secretagentphan
procrastinator

Okay apparently people are doing a #killdan on twitter as a joke and people are actually body shaming him?? I don't have twitter so I don't know and I hope it's being blown out of proportions but if it is I feel horrible. I get lovingly mean humor but some people in the phandom don't know the difference between funny and mean and it's just...yikes.
lost686girl
living flop

secretagentphan wrote:Okay apparently people are doing a #killdan on twitter as a joke and people are actually body shaming him?? I don't have twitter so I don't know and I hope it's being blown out of proportions but if it is I feel horrible. I get lovingly mean humor but some people in the phandom don't know the difference between funny and mean and it's just...yikes.
I'm not really up in the butt of the twitter d&p fandom but I am on twitter and haven't noticed anything? Must go deeper...
fancy_nancy
phabergé

secretagentphan wrote:Okay apparently people are doing a #killdan on twitter as a joke and people are actually body shaming him?? I don't have twitter so I don't know and I hope it's being blown out of proportions but if it is I feel horrible. I get lovingly mean humor but some people in the phandom don't know the difference between funny and mean and it's just...yikes.
where did you see this? i can't find anything but omg how horrible :? i'm not usually one to be like "poor baby" but honestly stuff like this just makes me so uncomfortable.
secretagentphan
procrastinator

fancy_nancy wrote:
where did you see this? i can't find anything but omg how horrible :? i'm not usually one to be like "poor baby" but honestly stuff like this just makes me so uncomfortable.
I'm not like that either but if they really did that it's a cheap shot and no one deserves that. :( I saw a few posts about it on tumblr so hopefully it's not true
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

fancy_nancy wrote:
If they're doing that, then they're not actually using that hashtag. I see four tweets since March.

I hope those kind of jokes aren't happening, but I also hope this doesn't become one of those things where phandom rushes to make a wall of defense against something that no one is actually doing in the first place. (I'm looking at you, Hazel Hayes.)
secretagentphan
procrastinator

Okay this is really off topic and may have already been discussed but I rewatched the clip of Phil talking about the same dream he had which was the same as Dans mom and had some demon phannie thoughts... I apologize this is a little close to bed gate

He was very vague about the dream itself and kept dismissing it as "one of those weird dreams" but in the dream angry men were chasing him for being in the wrong hotel room and he needed to find Dan to clarify it. He even said "Dan there's weird people here" to me this sounds like an anxiety dream about consequences for being in the closet. I know it's a stretch and my thoughts mean nothing but I love analyzing dreams. Idk to me it sounded like he was in Dans room or actually staying in Dans room instead of his own but the angry men obviously didn't know. His dream about the cat in the oven gave me the same vibes meaning wise and idk I just find it interesting even though it means nothing technically.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

secretagentphan wrote:Okay this is really off topic and may have already been discussed but I rewatched the clip of Phil talking about the same dream he had which was the same as Dans mom and had some demon phannie thoughts... I apologize this is a little close to bed gate

He was very vague about the dream itself and kept dismissing it as "one of those weird dreams" but in the dream angry men were chasing him for being in the wrong hotel room and he needed to find Dan to clarify it. He even said "Dan there's weird people here" to me this sounds like an anxiety dream about consequences for being in the closet. I know it's a stretch and my thoughts mean nothing but I love analyzing dreams. Idk to me it sounded like he was in Dans room or actually staying in Dans room instead of his own but the angry men obviously didn't know. His dream about the cat in the oven gave me the same vibes meaning wise and idk I just find it interesting even though it means nothing technically.
I definitely get the impression that Phil has anxiety dreams, and that his moods are affected by his dreams and vice versa. He's talked about waking up crying after dreams both on twitter and in an old video, which is something that haunts me a lot. (I'm weak for Phil expressing vulnerabilities, apparently.)