Dan & Phil Part 45: R.I.P danisnotonfire 2009-2017

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

kalli
butt chair

I missed posting this in the last thread so here we go straight into the discourse lol
captainspacecoat wrote: Also, can anyone explain to me what on earth Hazel is trying to say in this tweet from earlier? I'm so confused, neither of their videos have anything to do with sex? Am I just completely misunderstanding? I can not make sense of what she's insinuating for the life of me, like????
so I watched that video in hopes of being able to quench our curiosity...

At the beginning of that video:
Jack: It's 'cause like, now that we're a thing, I don't really want to like...
Hazel: Sorry, one more time?
J: Now that we're a thing...
H: Yeah, but you choked on it. You were like "*choking/stuttering noises* a thing"
J: Our time is for us, not for camera time.
H: For them. For you. *points to camera*
J: You know what I mean?
H: Umm, yep. But I just feel like we could be exploiting it a little bit more.
J: Yeah, sure. Of course you think that.
H: You know me, Clickbait Hayes.

I only skimmed the rest but it's just them ranking best Chris out of Hemsworth, Evans, Pratt and Pine. They debate whether they're ranking based on the whole package or just looks. Hazel asks Jack a couple times if he'd "go gay" for any of them.

It kind of looks like she's shading deppy for how much they do/don't(?) exploit their relationship based on that first part, but it's a bit vague and seems odd unless they're not on good terms, so I'm assuming that's not the case. I think it was a sarcastic remark about how she and Jack made a video about attractive people named Chris, while they made an innocent Sims video and got way more views, so sex actually doesn't sell in this case. That's my best guess anyway

Also since I forgot to add in my last post, I'm glad to see they did a panel with Julien. I've been watching a lot of him and Jenna recently, and I think it would be nice to see Dan and Phil become closer friends with them. Although I was disappointed in them for (as far as I could tell) not knowing Ad's name and that they actually fed him hamster-sized pancakes
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I thought Hazel was just making an ironic kind of joke about how she and Jack's whole video was sexualizing famous actors name Chris and it got way less views than Dan and Phil's video about a Sim, which wasn't sexual at all.
/fɪl lɛstɚ/
sad dimple

alittledizzy wrote:I thought Hazel was just making an ironic kind of joke about how she and Jack's whole video was sexualizing famous actors name Chris and it got way less views than Dan and Phil's video about a Sim, which wasn't sexual at all.
That's what I was thinking, too. Either way the comment doesn't really sit well with me
I am always on Phil Lester's side
onetruetrash
blobfish

Okay, I don't like to judge people that much, but Hazel gives me a bad vibe. She seems to have a bad attitude to me. I don't know, she's too sketchy for me.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

It's really not that serious. I like Hazel. She makes dumb jokes, like this one, that don't need to be read into that deeply.

There are more important matters at hand, like who does baby Miles belong too? And how do I develop the same level of happiness and comfort Dan is literally oozing rn?
VengefulBlue
rainbow nerd
Pronouns: they/them

rizzo wrote:There are more important matters at hand, like who does baby Miles belong too? And how do I develop the same level of happiness and comfort Dan is literally oozing rn?
how did phil acquire a youngling? are there also pictures of dan with him, and will we ever see them? these are the questions that plague us deep into the night.
jesuisunèléve
phabergé

I am not going to post it here because of the rules, but Deppy were filmed being wisked away from Playlist on a golf cart. It's on Twitter, and
Dan looks sheepish because he was holding Phil's hand when he realized they were being filmed.
JoeAverage
sad dimple

I think we (some of you) are being too harsh on Hazel here, like first of all: many people here didn't even understand the joke at first, yet still decided to comment on her attitude or even /dear God/ her intention!

I understand if you don't like her, hell I don't like many youtubers that most of the phandom loves (looking at you Louise) but saying sth rude for every tiny action she makes is bull. I won't say that some things that are said about her are not true, because they are but making every single thing about "how much of a bitch she is" makes no sense.

I am not saying eveyone has to like her or nobody can talk shit about her, pls do, have your opinions, hate what you want, but I don't think blowing a 3 word tweet out of proportion in a public forum is the way to go.
____

Anyway on another note: PHIL'S PICTURE WITH A BABY, dear God someone stop him, I can't love him more than I already do. this is ridiculous, I just want that picture tattooed on the inside of my eyelids so I never not see it.
Phil Lester is a genius
jesuisunèléve
phabergé

jesuisunèléve wrote:I am not going to post it here because of the rules, but Deppy were filmed being wisked away from Playlist on a golf cart. It's on Twitter, and
Dan looks sheepish because he was holding Phil's hand when he realized they were being filmed.
Thank goodness, I can stop regretting this post: the video has been deleted...

UPDATE:

Drat. Still there.
Last edited by jesuisunèléve on Sun May 07, 2017 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
papierklemmen
flower crown

jesuisunèléve wrote:I am not going to post it here because of the rules, but Deppy were filmed being wisked away from Playlist on a golf cart. It's on Twitter, and
ehhh do you just mean elijah daniel's tweets about "two cute lesbian couple holding hands"?

edit: oh nvm then.
jesuisunèléve
phabergé

papierklemmen wrote:
ehhh do you just mean elijah daniel's tweets about "two cute lesbian couple holding hands"?

edit: oh nvm then.
Um, not really, and sorry, I lied, it's still on Twitter and Tumblr. What's funny is that the comments on Twitter didn't catch it, but the folks on Tumblr sure did.
chloek88
spork

jesuisunèléve wrote:
Thank goodness, I can stop regretting this post: the video has been deleted.
are you referring to this vid? where you can clearly see their unlinked hands at the beginning? (pause at 2 seconds in.) (also this has already been retweeted by @meetingphan, so if this is what you're referring to, idk what rules you're talking about.)
i reeeeeally doubt they'd be so flippant as to hold hands in public at playlist live, of all places. they know it's teeming with fans and cameras. seems like people on tumblr are just seeing what they want to see/trying to stir shit up.
blue_bear
dank meme

I saw the clip on Tumblr and it just look like an awkward moment where both Dan and Phil are trying to get in position to take a picture with the girl and their hands overlapped for a second... I don't see the big deal!

If that's the video you are talking about...
blue_bear
dank meme

Oh sorry! I thought you were talking about the clip at the airport!
JoeAverage
sad dimple

Dan's pissed af face is so obvious, god. This is like the night safari/airport thing all over again... Well at least Phil is better at handling his 'annoyed' face so he springs in to action. (People really have to stop randomly ambushing them tbh)
Phil Lester is a genius
jesuisunèléve
phabergé

JoeAverage wrote:Dan's pissed af face is so obvious, god. This is like the night safari/airport thing all over again... Well at least Phil is better at handling his 'annoyed' face so he springs in to action. (People really have to stop randomly ambushing them tbh)
Or the massive ambush at the Adelaide airport during TATINOF where there were hoards of fans laying in wait for them. Dan looked 100% done for that as well, and Phil has better control over his emotions than Dan (although when they were on stage earlier with that horrible host Phil looked totally done).
JoeAverage
sad dimple

jesuisunèléve wrote:
JoeAverage wrote:Dan's pissed af face is so obvious, god. This is like the night safari/airport thing all over again... Well at least Phil is better at handling his 'annoyed' face so he springs in to action. (People really have to stop randomly ambushing them tbh)
Or the massive ambush at the Adelaide airport during TATINOF where there were hoards of fans laying in wait for them. Dan looked 100% done for that as well, and Phil has better control over his emotions than Dan (although when they were on stage earlier with that horrible host Phil looked totally done).
Yes indeed, but personally I think it wasn't the host itself but the "gotta stay honest and sometimes show your bad side, gotta be true, can't be 100% happy all the time cos that's not real, gotta film me eating cereal cos I'm that metal" attitude, that literally everyone had. (Dan was in his element on that one tbh).
Phil Lester is a genius
captainspacecoat
stress mushroom

kalli wrote: I think it was a sarcastic remark about how she and Jack made a video about attractive people named Chris, while they made an innocent Sims video and got way more views, so sex actually doesn't sell in this case. That's my best guess anyway
This makes a lot of sense, thank you! I think you might be right, her post was just a bit vague so it took me a while to make heads or tails of it.

(also while i don't think there's any need to jump on Hazel and needlessly attack her or call her a b*tch, i think it's completely understandable that people assumed the worst given her and Jack's tendency to adopt a pretentious, holier-than-thou attitude regarding successful youtubers, and the way their friendship group often looks down on dnp's viewers. i know she's dnp's friend so i doubt she meant any harm and i don't condone people ganging up on her, but the tweet can certainly be interpreted as shady even if that wasn't her intention. that's all i'm gonna say on that though as i don't want to create drama out of nothing)
saffarinda
truth bomb

I've been just lurking for a while because I felt everyone summed up a majority of my thoughts. Playlist wasn't as good as some of the events that have occured, both of dnp's features seemed fairly short and lackluster - though Dan's mention of almost not being let into the country because that woman was like "Boy's don't straighten their hair" wow, I feel like I could get into a long convo about that.

I hated the host in the 2015 panel, the way he made it a running thing that Dan was attractive and making the crowd scream - I just felt bad for all the other youtubers were being ignored. I sometimes wonder if dnp ever feel awkward about the fact that their community is often much louder, and that they're more likely to get screams and attention - Dan's mentioned hating the DanAndPhilCRAFTS jokes being spammed, but I wonder what it's like irl (like in the "Can Phil express an opinion?" panel in 2014 where almost everyone swarmed towards them at the end). The host wasn't much better this year, though the people did a good job of trying to fill the awkward silence (Julian and the girl seemed really nice, does anyone know their channels? I'd love to check them out).

Sims video was cute. I really can't wait for them to renovate the house tbh, the designing vids are some of my faves for some reason.

No opinions regarding Hazel's comment, I think kalli's post gave a good analysis.

The pics are both so adorable. I don't even care that Dan's was slightly hipster, it was so soft and cute. At first I thought he was in his underwear (I wouldn't be surprised, him and Phil seem chill with hanging round in their underwear when it's warm) but because someone was their with their baby I'm guessing shorts. Has anyone found out who's baby it was btw?

Long post but I think I summed up all my thoughts aha
25/04/2017 - #blessed
jesuisunèléve
phabergé

JoeAverage wrote:
jesuisunèléve wrote:
Yes indeed, but personally I think it wasn't the host itself but the "gotta stay honest and sometimes show your bad side, gotta be true, can't be 100% happy all the time cos that's not real,
gotta film me eating cereal cos I'm that metal" attitude,
that literally everyone had. (Dan was in his element on that one tbh).
gotta film me eating cereal cos I'm that metal[/i]"
I cackled out loud at that, which is a shame because it's 3AM. Still funny, tho.
onetruetrash
blobfish

captainspacecoat wrote:
kalli wrote: I think it was a sarcastic remark about how she and Jack made a video about attractive people named Chris, while they made an innocent Sims video and got way more views, so sex actually doesn't sell in this case. That's my best guess anyway
This makes a lot of sense, thank you! I think you might be right, her post was just a bit vague so it took me a while to make heads or tails of it.

(also while i don't think there's any need to jump on Hazel and needlessly attack her or call her a b*tch, i think it's completely understandable that people assumed the worst given her and Jack's tendency to adopt a pretentious, holier-than-thou attitude regarding successful youtubers, and the way their friendship group often looks down on dnp's viewers. i know she's dnp's friend so i doubt she meant any harm and i don't condone people ganging up on her, but the tweet can certainly be interpreted as shady even if that wasn't her intention. that's all i'm gonna say on that though as i don't want to create drama out of nothing)
I just wanted to clarify in my comment that I wasn't attacking Hazel. I know it's not just me you're talking about, but I got the joke, and she just rubs me the wrong way. I don't want people to think I'm attacking her.
saffarinda wrote:I've been just lurking for a while because I felt everyone summed up a majority of my thoughts. Playlist wasn't as good as some of the events that have occured, both of dnp's features seemed fairly short and lackluster - though Dan's mention of almost not being let into the country because that woman was like "Boy's don't straighten their hair" wow, I feel like I could get into a long convo about that.
Sorry, when did he mention this? I haven't really been paying attention to the Playlist stuff, but this sounds interesting.
saffarinda
truth bomb

onetruetrash wrote:
captainspacecoat wrote:

I just wanted to clarify in my comment that I wasn't attacking Hazel. I know it's not just me you're talking about, but I got the joke, and she just rubs me the wrong way. I don't want people to think I'm attacking her.
saffarinda wrote:I've been just lurking for a while because I felt everyone summed up a majority of my thoughts. Playlist wasn't as good as some of the events that have occured, both of dnp's features seemed fairly short and lackluster - though Dan's mention of almost not being let into the country because that woman was like "Boy's don't straighten their hair" wow, I feel like I could get into a long convo about that.
Sorry, when did he mention this? I haven't really been paying attention to the Playlist stuff, but this sounds interesting.
He mentioned it in their playlist kickoff! I saw it on this periscope from updatedphan on twitter https://twitter.com/selftitledjh/status ... 2477282304 (sorry, I'm not sure how to embed!)

The story about border control starts at 6:22 :D
25/04/2017 - #blessed
jhamba
procrastinator

Miles is their newly adopted baby, and the reason they moved to a new apartment, and nothing can convince me otherwise
Just trying to spread the Dangirl agenda
Ashling Rae
*editing tips*

I don't really have opinions on most of these discussions, but that video of them in the golf cart- they were definitely not holding hands. I can see how, for just a second it looked like it. But when you go moment by moment and pause, you can see that is just Phil's hand.

The way the fan says "I don't know if this is allowed" or something like that kinda ticks me off. Not to restart that discussion entirely, but just in general, if you don't know if something is allowed because you might be invading someone's personal space- please don't.