Dan & Phil Part 45: R.I.P danisnotonfire 2009-2017

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
onetruetrash
blobfish

alittledizzy wrote:
secretagentphan wrote:Okay this is really off topic and may have already been discussed but I rewatched the clip of Phil talking about the same dream he had which was the same as Dans mom and had some demon phannie thoughts... I apologize this is a little close to bed gate

He was very vague about the dream itself and kept dismissing it as "one of those weird dreams" but in the dream angry men were chasing him for being in the wrong hotel room and he needed to find Dan to clarify it. He even said "Dan there's weird people here" to me this sounds like an anxiety dream about consequences for being in the closet. I know it's a stretch and my thoughts mean nothing but I love analyzing dreams. Idk to me it sounded like he was in Dans room or actually staying in Dans room instead of his own but the angry men obviously didn't know. His dream about the cat in the oven gave me the same vibes meaning wise and idk I just find it interesting even though it means nothing technically.
I definitely get the impression that Phil has anxiety dreams, and that his moods are affected by his dreams and vice versa. He's talked about waking up crying after dreams both on twitter and in an old video, which is something that haunts me a lot. (I'm weak for Phil expressing vulnerabilities, apparently.)
Firstly, secretagentphan, that is so interesting! I find mental things, including dreams, pretty interesting at the moment, especially that one.

Secondly, alittledizzy, what tweets did Phil post about waking up crying?

Edit: Really, this is top of the page?
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

onetruetrash wrote:
alittledizzy wrote:
secretagentphan wrote:Okay this is really off topic and may have already been discussed but I rewatched the clip of Phil talking about the same dream he had which was the same as Dans mom and had some demon phannie thoughts... I apologize this is a little close to bed gate

He was very vague about the dream itself and kept dismissing it as "one of those weird dreams" but in the dream angry men were chasing him for being in the wrong hotel room and he needed to find Dan to clarify it. He even said "Dan there's weird people here" to me this sounds like an anxiety dream about consequences for being in the closet. I know it's a stretch and my thoughts mean nothing but I love analyzing dreams. Idk to me it sounded like he was in Dans room or actually staying in Dans room instead of his own but the angry men obviously didn't know. His dream about the cat in the oven gave me the same vibes meaning wise and idk I just find it interesting even though it means nothing technically.
I definitely get the impression that Phil has anxiety dreams, and that his moods are affected by his dreams and vice versa. He's talked about waking up crying after dreams both on twitter and in an old video, which is something that haunts me a lot. (I'm weak for Phil expressing vulnerabilities, apparently.)
Firstly, secretagentphan, that is so interesting! I find mental things, including dreams, pretty interesting at the moment, especially that one.

Secondly, alittledizzy, what tweets did Phil post about waking up crying?

Edit: Really, this is top of the page?
The tweet was from 2009. I don't want to quote it, because when there's an influx of people liking or engaging with old tweets they tend to disappear fast.

Here's the video where he wakes up crying from a dream, though - it's from 2008.

Side note: If you have thread name suggestions, leave them now!
DatCog
blobfish

Bit of a random tweet from Daniel last night...I wonder when they're coming home, I'm beginning to get concerned for the wellbeing of their new house plants!
jesuisunèléve
phabergé

autumnhearth wrote:
ArtyJim wrote:anyone have any thoughts on why dan originally wasn't going to stay in florida after playlist but then ended up staying for the vacation? if that is what happened, i mean.
:welcome:

Based on little snippets from Dan's liveshows, traveling this year has been mentally/emotionally taxing (even "vacation" is draining) and he felt he needed to spend some time "alone" to recharge (perhaps work out some video ideas).

Except that "being alone" usually includes Phil. Dan doesn't like being completely by himself and I imagine that when it came down to it, the prospect of returning to London without Phil and being alone in the new duplex was too much. He may be an introvert, but he's an introvert *with* Phil.

I hope that he is able to get some down time by himself, as well as enjoy "family time" and fun outings. I'm imagining them all playing mini"crazy" golf.
My understanding, from his LS, that he was going to have alone time as well, and I was waiting for the depressing, dark tweets he usually does when he's alone (read: is not with Phil).

Dan by himself (without Phil) isn't a good thing, so I was curious that he claimed to be headed back to London after Vidcom, but I was not shocked at all when he ended up staying. Dan did do the Bahama thing by himself and maybe the penthouse thing got him the alone time (read: with Phil) he needed.
shoe
Moderator Emeritus
Pronouns: they/them

anime_is_not_cool
living flop

[offtopic]wondering if they'll say anything about the new muse song! ik it's old branding but i would still really like to hear their opinions, hopefully enough people ask about it on the next live show if nothing else.[/offtopic]
Waggle9007
sofa crease

sugar
eclipse shirt

just a quick thought: if there's enough groceries for phil to go out and help bring them in, it doesn't sound like they'll be leaving in the next day or two does it?
Last edited by sugar on Thu May 18, 2017 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SquishPhan
capita£ester

Waggle9007 wrote:
They are so cute.

I guess they are staying for at least a few more days.
AmazingOCD
glabella

According to Dan the creepshot war is continuing.. and Phil was stuck outside for 10 minutes before they realised!

He has another pic of Phil ringing the doorbell on Twitter as well

God I love these dorks!
It's a good thing to be strange. Normalness leads to sadness - Phil Lester
DatCog
blobfish

Awww poor Phil! What a meanie Daniel is
sugar
eclipse shirt

DatCog wrote:Awww poor Phil! What a meanie Daniel is
hmm, wonder why it matters to dan what phil sleeps in
opendoor
rainbow nerd

awsugar wrote:
What the fuck is this year! It's like they can't go 24 hrs without sharing something adorable. I keep having to pinch myself it's literally never been this good? What is going on?

Also talking about burning ugly pajamas is such a significant other joke. Honestly everything they're doing recently is screaming TOGETHER.

Also Phil's pout in that picture, it's so cute in a he-looks-like-a-ten-year-old-or-possibly-a-puppy-let's-go-with-puppy-way. And he was making that face at Dan.
A quality contribution, by me.
PS I voted for Eat My Ass as the new thread-name, I'm not even sorry.
I miss Dan Howell's stupid face.
saffarinda
truth bomb

I'm dead how cute is this shit (dan's lowkey right tho, im ashamed of u phil)

but now all i can think about is the emoji movie
25/04/2017 - #blessed
Susanisnotafish
flower crown
Pronouns: She/her

opendoor wrote:
awsugar wrote:
What the fuck is this year! It's like they can't go 24 hrs without sharing something adorable. I keep having to pinch myself it's literally never been this good? What is going on?

Also talking about burning ugly pajamas is such a significant other joke. Honestly everything they're doing recently is screaming TOGETHER.

Also Phil's pout in that picture, it's so cute in a he-looks-like-a-ten-year-old-or-possibly-a-puppy-let's-go-with-puppy-way. And he was making that face at Dan.
A quality contribution, by me.
PS I voted for Eat My Ass as the new thread-name, I'm not even sorry.
Yes to all of this! I'm almost believing we might get a proposal this year.
"Rub those freckles all over me!" --Daniel Howell
autumnhearth
senpai

How. So. Cute. ??? :o

First thought from first shot: I love Phil in glasses and aww colorful pjs! :lel:

Phil + yellow= sooo happy. :D

Realistically, I would hate it if my husband wore emoji pj bottoms. :?

But on Phil they work. Yay!
papierklemmen
flower crown

you literally post "those photos of you" yourself, idek
DatCog
blobfish

papierklemmen wrote: you literally post "those photos of you" yourself, idek
That's just what I shouted at my laptop when I read that reply! What is he like? :facepalm:
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

Ok I gave in, after lurking for a long time I made an account :D Hello!

I have always been really impressed with you guys' detective skills, so here's my contribution: Phil is wearing the same shirt as he did in the NASA photos, right? That either means:

a) He's nasty and sleeps in a shirt that he wore all day
b) He didn't have a shirt on to sleep and put it on quickly to help with the groceries. Which implies...

Well I don't know what that implies. But I thought it was an interesting.
malday
emo goose

DatCog wrote:
papierklemmen wrote: you literally post "those photos of you" yourself, idek
That's just what I shouted at my laptop when I read that reply! What is he like? :facepalm:
he probably meant "taking" instead of "posting" but couldn't remember his lines.
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

LtrllySusan wrote:Ok I gave in, after lurking for a long time I made an account :D Hello!

I have always been really impressed with you guys' detective skills, so here's my contribution: Phil is wearing the same shirt as he did in the NASA photos, right? That either means:

b) He didn't have a shirt on to sleep and put it on quickly to help with the groceries. Which implies...

Hi and :welcome: !

Maybe Phil is also staying longer than he originally intended, so he is running out of clothes too.
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
Philena
blobfish

Are they going to stop trying to outcute each other anytime soon? I am going to start reaching dangerous levels of nausea soon.
jk they are adorable and I can't even with this FL trip
onetruetrash
blobfish

Phil looks so cute! I don't blame Dan for making him burn the pants, I hate emojis.
llion
living flop

LtrllySusan wrote:Ok I gave in, after lurking for a long time I made an account :D Hello!

firstly, :welcome: i'm sure you'll have a great time here!

i thought the same thing! i'm not sure it really means anything but it's an interesting thing to observe. it is true that he could also be out of clothes, but if that were the case i wouldn't choose something i'd just been wearing around outside, maybe just reuse a pajama shirt from a day ago. or go shirtless. either way i think it's hilarious to imagine phil wearing only emoji pants. what a dork
Philena wrote:Are they going to stop trying to outcute each other anytime soon? I am going to start reaching dangerous levels of nausea soon.
jk they are adorable and I can't even with this FL trip
i know! i thought we had it good in singapore, but this level of cute has blown me out of the water. 2017 is a hard year for me, objectively, but deppy are distracting me from upsetting things flawlessly. it's really nice.
art credit: koreinkorein (thank you!)
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Omg what is wrong with Phil's adorable taste in pyjamas? Star Wars are my favourite pair, but they're all so cute. I just want to sit Phil on my lap and cuddle him, that pout is too cute.