Dan & Phil Part 46: Some kind of a gay backstory

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
000dia000
emo goose

JustMe wrote:
000dia000 wrote:I'd just like to say, Tyler's no saint. He did reblog phan stuff on tumblr then delete it after. That was only last year. One of the posts expressing how out a person is by either Troyler or Phan, insinuating that while Tyler and Troy were "out", Dan and Phil were not. Shane's cringey. Tyler's cringey.
Somebody actually hacked his tumblr account, that's why he deleted it after. I remember he even acknowledged it in a tweet saying something like people should never be pressured into revealing personal information.
This happened like 2 or 3 times, it wasn't an isolated incident.
:cactus:
Ilovethemohyesido
living flop

malday wrote:
dan's jumper on the left?
I was looking at this picture with a friend who knows nothing of Dan and Phil and she said "how can they tell that's his shirt?" and I'm "of course it's his shirt!". The look on her face can only mean, I'm too deep into the fandom now.
DatCog
blobfish
Pronouns: she/her

Thank you Phil!
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

Before I go and watch the video (funny, I just rewatched the future prediction video earlier) – how many videos have they prepared?!

The #BahamaDrama and their incredible variance in wardrobe made it seem like a relatively spontaneous decision to stay longer (at least on Dan's part?), but then they have like 5 videos up their sleeve?

I am confused.
sugar
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: they/them

i don't even know how to feel after that video. i loved it. it felt so accurate and they made me crack up throughout the whole thing. it just keeps getting better.
snokoplasmic
procrastinator

oh my god this video was great, i love it when you can just really tell that they're absolute best friends, and that's definitely what i got with the whole banana part
Kathrynxjane
janice from the shop
Pronouns: She/Her

That might be one of my favourite ap videos so far. I was cry laughing.

I am not a big believer in future telling but Dan's tarot readings had me shook!!

I actually thought the banana was real. But they just looked so comfortable at the end, joking around with each other.

2017 has been amazing do far.

Need to rewatch (and I still don't like how close the drawers are to the side of the bed. I don't think it could sleep with that )
"You can't just pull it out and put it in without a plan." Dan Howell 2015
starsandshards
living flop

oh. my god. the banana part. i have ascended.
saffarinda
truth bomb

That new Phil video was amazing. I literally cried with laughter at Phil's lil prank, the lil banana throwing that followed was so adorable as well.

"One guy was like 'Do it with Dan', I think he meant something else" D E A D! Dan's face with that literally killed me.

The tarrot cards being right with Dan's re-branding was so funny.

I don't believe in fortune telling, but this video was so amazing. I have no idea why I loved it so much, but it made me laugh so much (and the lil corgi coming up with the dog, I couldn't stop thinking about Dan's lil grin when talking about it in his liveshow).
25/04/2017 - #blessed
DatCog
blobfish

That was just a joy to watch, I loved it so much! The "do it with Dan" bit and the banana fight at the end just made me feel 100%
lilabet
philussy
Pronouns: She/Her

I loved that one. Genuinely covering my face from laughter. Need to rewatch a few more times though. :D
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
starsandshards
living flop

"do it with dan" - next thread title?
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

I really loved this vid! I would even go as far as suggesting "Do it with Dan" to the post name thread, but I'm scared of rejection, so.... D:

Can't wait for people to over-interpret the whole wand-masculinity-not-have-to-hide-your-personality-anymore thing.
Birdie
blobfish

000dia000 wrote:
JustMe wrote:
000dia000 wrote:I'd just like to say, Tyler's no saint. He did reblog phan stuff on tumblr then delete it after. That was only last year. One of the posts expressing how out a person is by either Troyler or Phan, insinuating that while Tyler and Troy were "out", Dan and Phil were not. Shane's cringey. Tyler's cringey.
Somebody actually hacked his tumblr account, that's why he deleted it after. I remember he even acknowledged it in a tweet saying something like people should never be pressured into revealing personal information.
This happened like 2 or 3 times, it wasn't an isolated incident.
No, it wasn't. But he apologised both times and tried to explain. Idk, I think his explanation is way more likely than him maliciously reblogging the post, deleting it and then lying about it. Tyler has done some pretty shitty stuff in the past but that was long ago and I think he's a very positive supportive person these days. I don't think he'd reblog something that would hurt his Youtube friends on purpose and then lie about it. I might be wrong about him though.

The new video was amazing. :D Phil's shade at Daniel's rebranding in the beginning gave me life and tbh, that cheeky "I think he meant something else" and Dan's reaction made the whole video. The bants were real all the way through as well, I loved it. (Also damn, Phil, everyone knows Death doesn't mean actual death in Tarot, no reason for that shocked reaction. ) I laughed so hard at the banana thing, I think I ruptured something.
Teddy23
first-time poster

Hi I'm a long time lurker but never logged in before.

Just wanted to say that some people's posts seem like they want D&P to go home. I know they've been on holiday for a while but if you knew what the weather was like here in the UK you'd tell them to stay as long as they wanted .

Plus they are uploading regularly which I'm grateful for :D
SquishPhan
capita£ester

I love the new video and I love Phil.
saffarinda wrote:"One guy was like 'Do it with Dan', I think he meant something else" D E A D! Dan's face with that literally killed me.
That was such a great part. And I'm really surprised that it came out of Phil's mouth.

The banana part was great as well.
sugar
eclipse shirt

Kathrynxjane wrote:Need to rewatch (and I still don't like how close the drawers are to the side of the bed. I don't think it could sleep with that )
haven't been able to watch on a laptop yet but the reflection of the room in the 8 ball on my phone looks pretty empty

anyone want to analyze this on a bigger screen?
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

I took some screenshots for you, awsugar. Hope this works, been a while since I've used forums with embedding photos.

I am oddly excited to finally be part of these discussions with you guys. You're all lovely to be around
Also (offtopic), this totally reminds me of the time people figured out Markiplier had a girlfriend by seeing a pair of female legs in his monitor reflection...
Last edited by LtrllySusan on Sat May 20, 2017 7:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
autumnhearth
senpai

I was 100% not expecting this. I had commented on Phil's video a month ago asking (along with everyone else) for him to read Dan's future and I'm so happy he did. The Magic 8 ball is whatever, but worked with Dan's attitude/humor. The Tarot cards are also what I was excited for! Chariot spot on with tour and awards. Death- I get amused when people are scared by it, I used to read various oracle cards and it's just change, so very appropriate here for the rebrand. I want to read up more on the Ace of Wands, but damn if it doesn't call to mind the Knight of Wands. I was hoping for tea leaves, but the banana was hilarious. Yes rub it into his neck Phil! Wait, what? Sorry... Playful boys I'm probably going to watch this two more times today. Oh Phil rebranding jokes at the beginning. I hate that dresser.

Moon
spork

Did anyone else try to catch a glimpse of Phil's room in the reflection of the magic 8 ball? The room doesn't look that big as far as I can tell and I'm not sure if can see a wardrobe in the reflection or if it's just a wall.

edit: well, apparently yes, I'm such a slow typer
Last edited by Moon on Sat May 20, 2017 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
That's the plan.
llion
living flop

D O I T W I T H D A N

i do actually mildly believe in fortune telling, kind of. i feel like sometimes tarot cards at least can give you some insight to yourself, and maybe a placebo effect is some kind of magic anyway? (like if dan feels extra creative next year because it said he would.) whether they work or that was uncanny luck, it was a fun video and i really loved it!

i particularly loved the banana prank, as it was so phil and also so uncharacteristic for dan to actually believe him. i believed it for a second too, but once it was on his neck i knew it couldn't possibly be real. the banana abuse was also great, poor boys were probably covered with sticky banana afterwards.

man you guys are sneaky detectives. i didn't even think to look in the 8 ball! curious to see where this investigation leads.
art credit: koreinkorein (thank you!)
nephilimcat
woodland creature

Dan is a cynic like me but I still love this kind of stuff for the lols. I often take tests like that when I'm bored just to see how accurate they are, even though I'm pretty sure they are just generic things that apply to almost everyone - just like with zodiac signs and that stuff. If there happen to be actual psychics out there, I'm sure that whole process would be a lot different. But I doubt those things exist.

Anyway, I just loved the video. Especially when Phil trolled Dan. I was so sure the banana thing wasn't actually a thing but then I started to remember that humans are weird and decided to shade Western Australians for their banana fortune telling until it turned out it was a prank after all. Kudos to Phil. I love when he's the one pranking Dan. He made such an effort, Dan was so sceptic but he managed to convince him. I also loved the little banana slapping (wtf am I typing?) and Phil mentioning how that guy probably meant something else with his comment.

They're disgusting
pulvis et umbra sumus
awkwardly
living flop

wtf am I watching even
that banana. I had to pause cause I am cry laughing so much

I think this is my favourite video of the pre-made videos so far
~but the golden age is over
chiccola
sofa crease

Just watched the video, that was hilarious

"Do it with Dan" and the zoom on Dan's face actually had me gasping for air. I was as shook as Dan was when Phil said it

Also, are we going to talk about how after Phil reads about Dan's "fertile ideas come into fruition" (and Dan goes on a tangent about fanfic/50shades), there's a VERY obvious junpcut?

@ 7.10

I wonder if there was something more that the tarot book said but Phil didn't put into the video for some reason?

Phan adoption theory confirmed
Last edited by chiccola on Sat May 20, 2017 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iero
phabergé

i'm dying at the banana prank my favourite AP vid in a while