Dan & Phil Part 47: Do it with Dan!

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
DatCog
blobfish
Pronouns: she/her

MythicalPinkTrashCan wrote:Is there going to be a phil liveshow today? For some reason, i thought yesterday we were gonna get one?

Nevermind, I read "thursday" as "tomorrow" and can't brain.
There should be a Dan live show in 4 minutes!

Edit: Top of the page and my 200th post, whoop-di-doo!!
iihappydaysii
glabella

DatCog wrote:
MythicalPinkTrashCan wrote:Is there going to be a phil liveshow today? For some reason, i thought yesterday we were gonna get one?

Nevermind, I read "thursday" as "tomorrow" and can't brain.
There should be a Dan live show in 4 minutes!

Edit: Top of the page and my 200th post, whoop-di-doo!!
I was hoping so I need this today, though I can't watch it yet :( I'm glad people post about it on here
sapienveneficus
rainbow nerd

He's live!
"Someone, somewhere is into that." Daniel Howell
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

Um.. Silly question about YouNow - can Dan see another chat than I do if I am not signed in?

After last show's discussion about seemingly made up questions I ctrl+f'd a couple of things he "read out" and peoples names, and often I couldn't find them in chat. More specifically, he has now mentioned "Steven" three times, 40 minutes in. So, is there like a "logged-in" chat or, well, is Dan making up stuff cause he wants to talk about things? Which I don't mind, just find it a bit odd
lishachi
eclipse shirt

sapienveneficus wrote:He's live!
I'm watching on YT and literally everyone is spamming that he said he has a girlfriend? I tried to go back but it cut out when he got a question about someones anniversary or something with their gf, anyone know what was said? I'm so confused lol.
:biflag: :blackheart:
Artdefines06
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: She/They/Nothing

D&D talk - I might actually keel over with happiness! Not actually playing on yur first character creation session is very normal.

My first character was also a run away elf prince(ess)! I feel such a deep connection with Dan.

I now need hobbit phil art pls.

I hope they get to play again and have fun, and that he relays the stories to us. I need this. please.
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

lishachi wrote:I'm watching on YT and literally everyone is spamming that he said he has a girlfriend? I tried to go back but it cut out when he got a question about someones anniversary or something with their gf, anyone know what was said? I'm so confused lol.
He read out a premium chat from someone saying "My girlfriend and I are having our 4 month anniversary today"
iihappydaysii
glabella

lishachi wrote:
sapienveneficus wrote:He's live!
I'm watching on YT and literally everyone is spamming that he said he has a girlfriend? I tried to go back but it cut out when he got a question about someones anniversary or something with their gf, anyone know what was said? I'm so confused lol.
I didn't hear it but I'm seeing people say he was just reading someone else's comment aloud
Artdefines06
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: She/They/Nothing

LtrllySusan wrote:Um.. Silly question about YouNow - can Dan see another chat than I do if I am not signed in?

After last show's discussion about seemingly made up questions I ctrl+f'd a couple of things he "read out" and peoples names, and often I couldn't find them in chat. More specifically, he has now mentioned "Steven" three times, 40 minutes in. So, is there like a "logged-in" chat or, well, is Dan making up stuff cause he wants to talk about things? Which I don't mind, just find it a bit odd
I think a lot of it is the private messages. Not sure though. Maybe he reads real questions but with fake names? Maybe he knows peoples names when he recognizes their screen names? Also cntrl f couldnt look though the whole chat, just what is currently on the screen.
malday
emo goose

lishachi wrote: I'm watching on YT and literally everyone is spamming that he said he has a girlfriend? I tried to go back but it cut out when he got a question about someones anniversary or something with their gf, anyone know what was said? I'm so confused lol.
, He said congratulations and said commitment can be scary.
xaephan
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

Man oh man this is such a good LS! He's calm and happy and touched on a bunch of topics I'm loving. I'll rewatch at home with the ending, probably (leaving soon), but some of the things I really enjoyed:

1) The playing around with the webcam.
2) The charity thing and how some people had issues with them pasting their faces over it, and how he could see where they're coming from. Also, it's okay to feel good after doing good
3) Phil wasn't there for a couple of days! The mystery deepens.
4) The cute story with his grandma. D'awwww :')
5) THEY'RE PLAYING DnD AAAAAH. Their characters sound hilarious and also very telling.
lishachi wrote: I'm watching on YT and literally everyone is spamming that he said he has a girlfriend? I tried to go back but it cut out when he got a question about someones anniversary or something with their gf, anyone know what was said? I'm so confused lol.
I didn't really hear a mention of a girlfriend other than that question, and that was someone (name...B-something? A feminine name iirc) who said something like 'it's my girlfriend and I's four month anniversary', I think. I wasn't paying very close attention, though.
if my heart was a compass you'd be north
previously myllakka
plath
sofa crease

I just knew this emo mfer would be a rogue. CALLED. IT.

Also this was a really lovely liveshow, wow. It's so good hearing about his passion for making the world a better place, whether it's through contributing to charity or getting people out to participate in democracy....it's so refreshing to hear someone actually give a shit.
Last edited by plath on Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nope.
lishachi
eclipse shirt

malday wrote:
, He said congratulations and said commitment can be scary.
Wow, people really overreact to the tiniest comment and take it out of context. I just won't read the chat in future and will stick to painting and listening instead. (Thanks btw guys!)

Also bought a t-shirt while he was talking about it, still glad they're doing something so nice and thoughtful for charity.

He looked really good today, love that jumper on him (don't love the price as I would of bought it in a heartbeat if it was from topman or something)
:biflag: :blackheart:
SquishPhan
capita£ester

That was an enjoyable live show :D

His new webcam is definitely an improvement over him filming on his phone last week.

Him talking about the Manchester shirt and that whole spiel about charity was great. I totally agree with him.

Dan’s comment about commitment and how it can be scary was interesting.

Dan’s grandparents came to visit during the weekend.

I see we are still the cake scene.

Dan, Phil and friends played D&D. I already love the character that Phil made up (I would read a novel about it).

Phil went away for a couple of days last week, clearly to go visit his wife and baby. And Dan went to the gym. It did not end well so he talked to a personal trainer. Guess he plans on working out some more.

Tomorrow’s gaming vid sounds interesting.

Politics talk and how important it is to vote. Go Dan!

So far it does seem like Dan takes better care of his than Phil.
fondsmiles
phabergé

thoughts i had during the liveshow:

- pretty and freckles and curls and smiles
- political video maybe?? pls pls pls
- he's proud of the shirt, that makes me happy
- talk about altruism/doing good things is good either way, i agree!
- cute stories about grandparents coming over (barbeque with them? i need wholesome family fanfics)
- role playing game, i am intrigued and wanna play it myself
- ELF PRINCE THAT'S LITERALLY HIM IS HE JOKING
- phil's "i wanna be magical" in a weird voice
- dan is bored as soon as phil is away alright mate
- phil doing a secret project on his own maybe? i'd be all for it
- dan thinks doing cardio doesn't use his muscles i. uh
- reading heartfelt messages, Good Content
- casual neutral mum mention. approved
- HE WATCHED HP AND THE CURSED CHILD AND DIDNT TALK ABOUT IT I AM SO MAD
- happy pride month! :)
- "anyone that wears dresses" bless gender-neutral terms
- so many more sweet messages he reads, that always makes me happy when he seems to actually take on those compliments/thanks.
- new DAPGO of them punching each other, this is the gay shit tumblr is all about!
- SHOUTOUT TO VOTING, i love it so much, i am so so happy that he's talking about it. they got a voice and they NEED to voice it because politics are literally our lives and it's a waste to just ignore the positive influence they can have. also i agree so much with what he says about young people having to stand up for themselves and how we really all can make a change.
- why did he find it so important to wait until the end before he talked about his birthday?
- a bit in an urge to leave are you daniel. still took his time for a quick and sweet message, bless him

i kinda wanted him to see sth i posted in the chat today so i felt more stressed than usual (where i would only watch on fullscreen with no distraction) but i still really liked it. he always always says things that make me smile and i love him for that.
thanks dan for taking your time even though you seemed like you were a bit in a rush to end it, i appreciate you still took time out of your day and sat down with us (and ik it's your job and gives you money but it is still something that makes loads of people happy and that's great)
[x]
[x]
fondsmiles
phabergé

LtrllySusan wrote:
lishachi wrote:I'm watching on YT and literally everyone is spamming that he said he has a girlfriend? I tried to go back but it cut out when he got a question about someones anniversary or something with their gf, anyone know what was said? I'm so confused lol.
He read out a premium chat from someone saying "My girlfriend and I are having our 4 month anniversary today"
how did i not even see that even though i was looking at the chat. it goes so quickly omg. makes me think that it's very possible that he does read only real questions though (and doesn't make some up to prompt topics he wants to talk about) and we just miss those things - also because i noticed, when i scrolled up to the chat to see if there was actually the question he discussed, i only always could a little bit until i couldn't scroll any further. and he obviously sees the questions earlier than we see him read them. so it's entirely possible we just can't find them via ctrl+f anymore and can't see them in the chat, because it's already gone too far up. (or he really makes them up, which, as well, is okay i guess)
[x]
[x]
DatCog
blobfish

I really appreciated the politics chat. If he encourages a few extra people to vote, then that'll be marvellous. I also enjoyed the philosophy...it's a subject I know very little about but I'd like to investigate further sometime. It was a nice live show and I'm grateful that it wasn't flipped like last week. I stuck to Tumblr all the way through and it didn't lag so I think I'll do that again next week :thumb:
saffarinda
truth bomb

Whoo boy, some long but interesting talks in that liveshow.

Firstly, I'd like to mention that Dan said "Steven" 3 times, you're all making me pick up on things like this now :sideeye:

Him talking about Manchester was sweet, cool he addressed the concerns.

The oreo story was so funny ohmygod Dan said Phil went away last week, so I'm wondering if he was there whilst Dan's Grandma visited (also, was it just me that picked up on the "When you're living alone"... Phil's clearly back together with Janice again )

The 10km jog holyyy mother. Respect that wow. I knew as soon as he started telling the story he'd be aching aha.

I wouldn't be surprised if his actual branding was comic sans, even just "ironically". I'm not too sure he'd be comfortable picking an actual font to define him.

Philosophy and politics talk!! Yessss I live for it

Dungeons and Dragons AU fanfics are already being written. Also, Dan's elf's backstory sounded way too much like he was projecting lmao.

Gaming video sounds like it'll be funny - I'm trash for Dan and Phil being slightly rough and touchy with one another, sounds cute.

At the end of the livestream when he was asked whether he'd leave youtube dramatically... was it one of you sneaky weasels asking him ;)
25/04/2017 - #blessed
thephandommenace
procrastinator
Pronouns: they/them

I loved this liveshow though I did get the impression he wasn't really into it at first. I might just have been looking for signs of a bad mood though due to the ~drama. So glad he didn't mention it.

I loved his little anecdotes about his grandparents visiting and going to the gym (completely relate to exercising one day and my body hurting all over for 4 days afterwards) and his Marilyn Monroe moment omg and the D&D chat! I want to play it too... unfortunately I'm such a nerd I don't even have friends to play with so he's beaten me lol
I was so happy when he talked about the importance of politics and voting, in such a non-condescending way as well.
His little freckles were soooo cute.
Tl;dr: I had so many "omg I love you" moments during this stream
nephilimcat
woodland creature

Dan's ls are always a surprise and this one was definitely a great one! I really loved it He was so calm and nice and talked about a lot of interesting and important things. I also found myself constantly agreeing with him as I tend to be very cynical myself. An hour well spent!
I very much agree with Dan's thoughts on altruism and love that he talked about it. I hate how people always try to guilt you into doing things for others because otherwise you're a bad person and all that shit. Obviously, you shouldn't be an asshole but be kind for yourself. You will benefit the most from doing things for other people, even more than the person that you do things for benefits from it. Nobody should feel forced to do something, we should do things when and because we want to and we should be allowed to feel proud for doing something good. I feel that's something that's frowned upon in our society.

Also, this injection isn't leaving a scar anymore. My parents have scars from it but I don't and I definitely got vaccinated regularly. Just in case anyone is afraid now after watching the ls.

Damn, Steven sure got noticed a lot this ls.
pulvis et umbra sumus
autumnhearth
senpai

Well that was a pleasant hour with wholesome existential Dan.

-I enjoyed him playing with the contrast too much.
-Anyone know what was on his shirt? The font is interesting. Vetements on hood. Oh wow that's potentially expensive.
-Danisnotonfire video idea, dank dark Daniel, may depend on politics.
-Crowd sourcing for banner and icon. Fonts. Bad idea.
-Apologies for succulent boomerang.
-The Manchester shirt is available until Sunday and was a design idea they had awhile back, but why not use it for a good cause.
-Dan on altruism. I love him.
-Brief Shawna mention, prompted by clumsy but kind.
-Dan's grandparents were over this weekend! An "Oreo" cheesecake, lol.
-Cake scene, what's that?
-They played D&D! Phil's: Shazim the magical one-eyed halfling.
-Dan went to the gym while Phil was away for a couple days. Jogged for an hour, couldn't move for four days. Stretched, hydrated, hit of personal trainer.
-Fave HP film OotP (his least fave book) fave HP book HBP (me too)
-Cursed Child: Dan they just had a complete cast change...
(fondsmiles they saw it in January, see "I have hobbit hair" liveshow)
-Logical, cynical inside, wholesome outside
-Is Wholesome Howell the new you? Who knows.
-Pastel colors was a joke, not Daniel.
-Gloom, existential crisis is him if anything.
-Difference between nihilism and existentialism.
-"For me it's not about being hopeless"... "up to you to decide what has meaning"... "actually inspiring"... hmm.
-Pride Month, American or global? "Happy Pride Month, love yourself."
-"Wind take me and never bring me back."
-"You should wear a dress". Who knows, ingrained social norms.
-New Nintendo Switch game Arms. Has he ever said what the game would be if it's new?
(Might they play it outside the Gaming Room? If so, probably in downstairs lounge.)
-Voting.
-Phil is downstairs
-10 personal "succs"
-Birthday Sunday, introverted Dan, going out to eat.
-If you ever quit YouTube how will you do it? *Dramatically.* But no plans on doing so.
-Community, similarities come together, okay going to go. (So soon?)
-"If everything has no meaning then the most trivial things that you enjoy are the most important."
-Go vote!

I feel like I might understand him a bit better. Maybe.
Last edited by autumnhearth on Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
idkwhattowrite
crusty sponge

I find it interesting how this is the second time in as many live shows that he's stressed that they're making gaming videos fun and accessible even if you're not generally into gaming. I wonder what brought on this shift in the way they talk about the gaming channel?
lurker
janice from the shop
Pronouns: they/them

autumnhearth wrote:Fave HP film Order of the Phoenix (least fave book)
alright i gotta unstan now goodbye everyone it was fun while it lasted
thank's you were great
somethingsketchy
janice from the shop

lurker wrote:
autumnhearth wrote:Fave HP film Order of the Phoenix (least fave book)
alright i gotta unstan now goodbye everyone it was fun while it lasted
I felt the same when he said his favourite HP book is HBP. No, just, no.
sparklemug
smol bean

GUYS, he read out my premium today!! But I think it may have been cut for the youtube upload as I can't seem to find it :( It was early on in the show, I was the one who went "it's my birthday! i'm 27 lol" and he said something to the effect of "that's good, someone older than me" and now I'm sad that I don't have this immortalised forever. Does anyone at all have a recording of the bit that was cut?!

Still amazing to be noticed though!