Dan & Phil Part 48: Exposing themselves via fidget spinner

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
pilotlight
#relatable
Pronouns: he/him

Youtubers react is pretty hit or miss anyway imo but is there really nothing more interesting for them to reacted to? :wtf: I'm with PJ, I don't think I'm in the intended demographic for the challenge/meme either.

I swear to god every time I end up at the top of the page it's with the most asinine posts. :facepalm:
Last edited by pilotlight on Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Susanisnotafish
flower crown
Pronouns: She/her

If this vid wasn't filmed prior to the Try Guys imitation, I would think deppy were imitating their imitation with the touching and the compliments. I love Phil embracing this content. I love Dan in this. Definitely think Dan was up for trying to do a good job (as he always got into being really good at whatever challenge they had on the radio show Dan vs Phil.) They could have even made it a challenge where Phil had to straighten Dan's hair too. (I miss Dan's straight hair sometimes, although I love the curls, especially when they're less frizzy and the sides are super shaved). I'm all about them touching whatever parts of each other I can get.

But question for any left handed people here who've used curling irons, is it normal that Dan would hold the iron in his right hand? I'm right handed and I hold it in my right hand. Maybe he could have done even better? I guess he held it how it felt most natural to him though. Seems backwards to me.
"Rub those freckles all over me!" --Daniel Howell
swofro
angel bean
Pronouns: she/her

thephandommenace wrote:Sorry to quote my own quote,
I missed the editing window:
thephandommenace wrote:[Phil] even licked his lips at one point (during the chicken comment... #furrykinkconfirmed) (do chickens count as being in the furry fandom?)

Sorry not sorry. I love our emoticons page, it needs more appreciation :D
Love is forever
xaephan
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

My god, my excitement for this video was spot-on. I love it so much alkjsdffd???

There's so, so many cute moments, from the soft touches to the discussion about random stuff. I actually really love how Phil looked with the wavy hair right after Dan was finished. The Zayn curl wasn't good and it looked like his hair was going flat near the end of the vid too. Speaking of the end, Dan talking over the #spon is a++, gj Spaniel Towell.

Re: fanservice
I think they know exactly the kinds of videos we would enjoy, and they probably discuss it quite a lot. This one leans towards the fanservice-y side, but it also fits in the ap brand quite well. It doesn't seem too forced or blatant to me, so I think this idea is a happy coincidence. In the end, this is their job, so they need to balance 'what the audience wants' and 'what kind of stuff they want to make', and I think that the AP channel will be the one to cater to the first one more and more. I kind of want to count how many 2017 vids have Dan in them--I want to 50% or so, but I might be biased since those are the ones I re-watch more.

Now I'm off to see the React video, unless I get sucked into re-watching the ap vid another, oh, dozen times...
if my heart was a compass you'd be north
previously myllakka
flarequake
not an airport stalker

I laughed more at Catallena's post than the video
lurker wrote:phil seems to have acquired an almost jennamarblesque lack of fucks to give

That's a brilliant way to put it. I love Jenna's crazy video ideas and how she can just do whatever she wants. Phil rolling with whatever will be entertaining seems pretty good too.

I saw the notification and burst out laughing so loudly. I couldn't quite believe they'd actually do this, but here we are. I wasn't quite sure the curls were going to suit him, but the end result wasn't too bad. Did look like it's just perched on top of his head rather than how it would naturally fall. Dan's hair suits him because it looks how it's meant to.

I wondered if this was easing into the idea of Phil changing his hairstyle, but alas no. In some of the fringeless photos I think he looks older, he might think the fringe makes him look a bit younger, or, as he says, he's just really attached to it. It would really look better being fluffier and not so neatl it's been really rigid for a while.

Fun video, good bants especially Dan having no sympathy and telling him to get over it every time he moaned.
droopy
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

Catallena, your comments had me laughing out loud. And it's all true, too.

I'm definitely down for Phil to move AP into a format similar to Jenna Marbles. I honestly was never interested in her content before, but who can resist watching someone just frivolously build bedrooms for their dogs and make tiny furniture for their hamster? It'd be different if Phil did it obviously (no pets ), but in that same vein of "I can, so I will". I think he's more than creative enough to come up with ideas.

And Dan can be the Julien to his Jenna okay bye
Striderrrrrrrr
smol bean

Just wanted to hop on the wagon and say that I really enjoyed Phil's video. Definitely fanservice and "lazy", but they both seemed relaxed and happy. Phil does what he wants.

I thought that the react video was a little cringy, but PJ and of course deppy were good (lol at them sitting down and spinning).
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

flarequake wrote:I laughed more at Catallena's post than the video
People telling me they laughed at my bitchy commentary is honestly the best thing about being on IDB
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
pastelspectre
stress mushroom
Pronouns: he/him

Just wanted to say before I go to NY tomorrow on a train for 30 hrs, I loved that new AP video! It was adorable and so calm and fond. I thought Phil looked cute with curly hair! He looked.. childish but in a good way. Also they just acted so much like boyfriends in this video (as usual lol) and I'm just absolute for these kinda videos. It might've been fanservice but, it was still cute! I liked it. The react video was good as well, I love nicki Minaj lol.
:transheart:
onetruetrash
blobfish

Loved the new AP video! I thought his hair would look much worse. I couldn't stop thinking about how much the fringe needs to die though. Cute video nonetheless!
autumnhearth
senpai

I was at the husband's birthday dinner when I saw the notification for this video and had to restrain myself from squealing. This is indeed the content I signed up for. I'm feeling blessed that Phil Lester creates and shares such videos on his main channel.

I thought the boys were a nice balance of soft and banty. I wish the boyfriend vibe wasn't broken up by the demonic red moments (four times), but it's to be expected. Dan seemed generally concerned and careful, but I still liked his "deal with it/get over it" bit.

I like how the in-depth cam was what showed us another side of the room. Thanks Dan ;)

The end result was decent, the husband likes it better than the fringe, but I wouldn't waste my time. Team Quiff!

Fave quote besides last time being on this bed, safe words and torture devices was Phil saying something along the lines of "this was the only thing separating us". I know he meant deferentiating visually, because they used to have the same hair. But I interpreted as kind of being the same person

And yeah hair straighteners are not nearly narrow and phallic enough. Plus they are "straighteners".
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

Susanisnotafish wrote:
But question for any left handed people here who've used curling irons, is it normal that Dan would hold the iron in his right hand? I'm right handed and I hold it in my right hand. Maybe he could have done even better? I guess he held it how it felt most natural to him though. Seems backwards to me.
I can address that, especially since I very recently curled my daughter's hair (which is about 15 times as long as Phil's). :facepalm:

Devices can be subtly handed, even when they don't seem to be (especially to a righthanded person), so that could have been the case with this curling iron. Another theory is that because he's relatively incompetent with the iron, he's doing more of the work with his left hand, wrapping the hair around it, rather than doing the work with the iron itself (I think that's what I was doing--holding the iron in my right hand and desperately wrapping the long long hair with my left). Finally, it may simply have been he decided it made a better angle for the video, and of course they didn't want to swap sides. Lefthanded people are forced by the environment to be a bit more ambidextrous than righties, so it may not have even occured to him that he might be doing it backwards.
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
karma_yeah
philussy

Just wanted to add how much I enjoyed the AP vid! It was a 'low key vibe' idea for a video, but produced top notch bants, and lbr, SOOO much fond! But with a nice amount of sass too. DEFINITELY my kinda content -- gonna go watch again.
autumnhearth wrote:
Plus they are "straighteners".

touche'!
What goes around, comes around Image
VengefulBlue
rainbow nerd
Pronouns: they/them

AP video: cute and funny, but i was cringing at his lack of skill and weird manual wrapping technique (or maybe i just curl my hair super weird? idk)

FBE video: literally the most boring thing i've watched all month. the only bit that was worth it was phil laughing and their spin at the very end + "we're freakishly tall". i agree with pj, i must not be the target demographic for this meme
kay
phabergé

I think I'm still in shock that they said fk it, went balls to the wall, no holding back and actually gave us that video in all its fanservice glory. 2017 is an incredible year and it's only half over. Cheers, fellow waste receptacles
VengefulBlue wrote:FBE video: literally the most boring thing i've watched all month. the only bit that was worth it was phil laughing and their spin at the very end + "we're freakishly tall". i agree with pj, i must not be the target demographic for this meme
This x100, this was such a boring video I had to stop it part way through and just hope I eventually come across an edit somewhere with just the deppy parts in it. Agree with Safiya 100%, "You can really put 'challenge' after anything nowadays can't you?"
eevee
emo goose

I'm falling asleep and I need to catch up but i just wanted to acknowledge this stroke of genius:
alittledizzy wrote: 8:57 - Dan tried to turn Phil into his celebrity crush Nick Jonas, so Phil turns the favor by trying to give Dan the single curl of his celebrity crush Zayn. They're just gonna roleplay Nick Jonas/Zayn sex after this.
DEADDDDD
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
aleanna
glabella

That AP video was everything. I can't stop watching it...

And I actually came up with a clever comment for it as well! That never happens!!!

"Don't curl. Quiff!" Because, Phil seriously need to embrace the quiff (though the curls weren't as horrible as I thought they'd be!).
Check out my YouTube channel where I post badly edited vlog-things: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4MzLr ... nRQQMRpp6A
flarequake
not an airport stalker

aleanna wrote:That AP video was everything. I can't stop watching it...

And I actually came up with a clever comment for it as well! That never happens!!!

"Don't curl. Quiff!" Because, Phil seriously need to embrace the quiff (though the curls weren't as horrible as I thought they'd be!).
Brilliant
autumnhearth
senpai

aleanna wrote: And I actually came up with a clever comment for it as well! That never happens!!!

Ooo! I love it! How do we get that trending?
nøx
spork
Pronouns: they/them

Ooooh, the AP video was such a nice little treat in the middle of exams! I'm gonna rewatch again this morning, get a little energized from the flirty boys before diving in. (Good thing Danny doesn't have to try that curling technique on his own head to get the hobbithair wow )
And I'll take pretty much any hairstyle on Phil other than the fringe, sorry, I'm a hater.
Also, it gave me hope I can actually curl my own hair with an iron even though it's so short ahah!

The react video was... very boring to me. Not really through the fault of anyone reacting, I think the material is just not... reactionworthy? Celebrity does a thing and people copy it more or less succesfully and it's a challenge? Idk, maybe I'm just not the target demograhic either Did enjoy PJ's lowkey distress and deppy's spin though ahah
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

Firstly: Lovely video Dan is better with the curling iron than me.
SquishPhan wrote:
Can we please crowd-fund this boy some more shirts? There's gotta be some reason he ALWAYS wears this bloody thing.
autumnhearth wrote:
aleanna wrote: And I actually came up with a clever comment for it as well! That never happens!!!

Ooo! I love it! How do we get that trending?
Suggest as thread name!
somethingsketchy
janice from the shop

somethingsketchy wrote:
Moonbeamsonthepath wrote:
Thanks, Philly, I needed this.
Be the video fanservice or whatever, I also needed it right now. I've been really anxious tonight and this video calmed me just enough so that I can attempt to go to sleep now.

Loved the curly look on Phil.
Update: I ended up rewatching the video three times before going to bed, not to mention that I also watched the react video and faffed around on Tumblr in between. ( my sleeping schedule, in the end I managed to get four hours of sleep) Now I've used a significant part of my first hour at work putting together a new avatar on my iPad. Might still tweak it a little bit.

I am feeling :facepalm: but also

Anyway, basically everything worth saying about both videos has been said, but I still need to share my favourite moment in the AP video because I haven't seen it mentioned enough times. @4:55, after the first attempt at curling, Phil gives instructions to Dan by saying "I want, like, Dan curls", and that just ruined me. I've replayed that part so many times now that I don't even know if it's actually any good of if I only like it because I am such a sleep-deprived train wreck.
saffarinda
truth bomb

I must be the only person in the world that likes Phil's fringe. I hate it when it's too short or overly long, or when the sides are shaved. But rn I think it looks v nice.
25/04/2017 - #blessed
danklester
smol bean

Oh my gosh what do I even say about the AP vid.. It honestly made my day a whole lot better, everything about it had me smiling the whole time
It's funny because I was rewatching their joint LS they did a few months ago and they discussed the idea of Dan curling Phils hair and I was like Oo I wish that was a thing but I didn't think they would actually pull through!! Phil with curly hair
captainspacecoat
stress mushroom

Like everyone else, I loved the video! I actually didn't expect them to pull through and make a vid curling Phil's hair, so props to them for giving the people what we want

The whole vid was just v pleasant and calming - it genuinely helped to distract me from panicking myself into thinking I had a migraine (I didn't, I am just the world's biggest hypochondriac) so thanks dnp!!!! I think I was most taken aback by Phil's response to Dan saying that the curling iron looked like "something else", although I suppose I shouldn't be by this point! Anyway 9/10 vid, v enjoyable :D