Dan & Phil Part 48: Exposing themselves via fidget spinner

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

Last call for thread name suggestions! I'll make the poll in a couple hours.

(aleanna, you should totally suggest 'don't curl, quiff!' - that made me laugh)
fondsmiles
phabergé

When I saw the notif for the video last night I literally clicked it so fast and I even clicked away from the fanfic I was reading without hesitation, because this real life universe does us much better than fanfic ever could.

I just rewatched it again (twice; once only looking at Dan and once only at Phil, because that was one of the videos where I felt like I couldn't take it all in in it's greatness if I try to take it all in at the same time).
Interestingly enough I found Phil to have more expression and seem more natural in this than Dan, while I usually perceive them more often the other way round.
It was absolutely wonderful though and I am so glad they provide this perfect content Boyfriends toying softly with each other's hair is v great.
[x]
[x]
peekatyou
drama llama

LtrllySusan wrote:
SquishPhan wrote:
Can we please crowd-fund this boy some more shirts? There's gotta be some reason he ALWAYS wears this bloody thing.
(I’m sorry, that's just me rambling, not to you but more to myself trying to make sense of Dan’s ‘fashion choices’ or whatever.)

I think it’s quite unique that he’s not afraid to wear the same thing like 10 times a week, and I like it - it really sets him apart from other youtubers/celebrities and just regular people (kinda jealous, wish I had this level of idgaf-ness). I mean, if he’s comfortable in it (and also enjoys hearing us whine about how he should buy some new clothes being a troll that he is), what’s wrong with wearing the same outfit over and over again? It’s like another form of self-expression. Maybe Dan deliberately breaks those social norms (things they say like 'you have to think through your outfit every day and wear something new every day so people don't judge you yada yada') to make some sort of a statement, or maybe - and it's just hit me - it's his anxiety that prevents him from sporting tons of different shirts, 'cause... same. Who knows? Maybe he'll talk about it one day.
MythicalPinkTrashCan
phabergé

peekatyou wrote:
LtrllySusan wrote:
SquishPhan wrote:
Can we please crowd-fund this boy some more shirts? There's gotta be some reason he ALWAYS wears this bloody thing.
(I’m sorry, that's just me rambling, not to you but more to myself trying to make sense of Dan’s ‘fashion choices’ or whatever.)

I think it’s quite unique that he’s not afraid to wear the same thing like 10 times a week, and I like it - it really sets him apart from other youtubers/celebrities and just regular people (kinda jealous, wish I had this level of idgaf-ness). I mean, if he’s comfortable in it (and also enjoys hearing us whine about how he should buy some new clothes being a troll that he is), what’s wrong with wearing the same outfit over and over again? It’s like another form of self-expression. Maybe Dan deliberately breaks those social norms (things they say like 'you have to think through your outfit every day and wear something new every day so people don't judge you yada yada') to make some sort of a statement, or maybe - and it's just hit me - it's his anxiety that prevents him from sporting tons of different shirts, 'cause... same. Who knows? Maybe he'll talk about it one day.
My only complaint about him wearing the same shirt a lot is that i know it's hella hot in SoCal right now and homie should not be wearing long sleeves.
weirdforces
smol bean

peekatyou wrote:
LtrllySusan wrote:
SquishPhan wrote:

It kind of reminds me of Daniel Radcliffe who wore the same outfit several days consecutively to troll paparazzis so that they wouldn't get any interesting pictures It could also be that the photo was taken the day before and he just thought of a good caption a day later. Or he had the chance to wash his outfit. It's probably not that deep although I love me some
droopy
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

LtrllySusan wrote:Firstly: Lovely video Dan is better with the curling iron than me.
SquishPhan wrote:
GoFundMe dot com: Help Buy This Internet Millionaire More Shirts
idkwhattowrite
crusty sponge

weirdforces wrote:
peekatyou wrote:
LtrllySusan wrote:
SquishPhan wrote:

It kind of reminds me of Daniel Radcliffe who wore the same outfit several days consecutively to troll paparazzis so that they wouldn't get any interesting pictures It could also be that the photo was taken the day before and he just thought of a good caption a day later. Or he had the chance to wash his outfit. It's probably not that deep although I love me some
This is so weird, I literally just logged onto IDB to make that same point about Daniel Radcliffe trolling the paparazzis!
autumnhearth
senpai

I think Dan probably just gets attached to cozy jumpers as a comfort/security thing. I reckon he changes his shirts underneath. How his body registers no difference between wearing light short sleeves and dark long sleeves on a hot day will remain a mystery.

Finally got around to watching the YouTubers react video. My fondness for PJ has increased and I do enjoy Jack and Dean, but blah. Chair spinning is a win though. And Phil looks tall and broad in his denim jacket.

I haven't watched the hair curling video four times already, nope.

[offtopic]I took Phil's recommendation from goodness knows how long ago and bought Camel Up for the husband and we played last night, very fun, still getting a handle on the strategy.
We went to the tiny local Gaelic Imports grocery store and they had a sale on Easter candy. We got a Maltesers variety pack and had a taste test comparing the various forms in the bag to the ones we got at the cinema and the ones from the the tub from Taget. We have concluded that the American versions have a different consistency. The UK ones are somehow more like Whoppers (denser, crispier and more sugary) the American ones are bigger, more airy, chewier, creamier thicker chocolate and more honey comb-like. That or you know they were stale... But umm on a scale of similarity from worst to best for just the balls Whopper<UK Maltesers<US Maltesers cinema packet<US tub of Maltesers.
Oh and my Manchester shirt came last week. Bit big, but I it.[/offtopic]
malday
emo goose

it's from:
fondsmiles
phabergé

malday wrote: it's from:
I came back to these pictures all over my timeline, thanks for the source. (they appear at around 30 minutes)

this is so lovely for some reason?? they seem so relaxed hanging out with other youtubers, idk, I am not used to it being this chill. it seems so calm and yeah, maybe they're still a bit on guard or annoyed at being filmed, but in my eyes it's a stark contrast to other vlogs they've appeared him, where it seemed like they put on a much bigger show. (maybe it's something to do with how tom really doesn't center the attention around them, they're just two youtubers out of several others, and Dan even chooses to interact with the camera on his own accord a couple of times).

it also always makes me think about how other youtubers perceive them. whether they tell some people more about them, their relationship, or if they all speculate, or if they don't care - i just find it really interesting to consider that.
[x]
[x]
SquishPhan
capita£ester

malday wrote: it's from:
Those pics are lovely.

Deppy do appear quite relaxed in Tom's vlog, which is nice to watch.
What a great pic.
BSV

Seen Anthony Padilla's insta story?
Im trying to add it here but im a a newbie! well kinda
DatCog
blobfish

Oooh love the curly and stubbly Phil! Great combination
lurker
janice from the shop
Pronouns: they/them

thought i'd post this gifset for the additional cuteness factor:
[tumblr] <div class="tumblr-post" data-href="https://embed.tumblr.com/embed/post/tvk ... 2365757360" data-did="f89bc343518cd78fd8034b4ded78b0666b04947a">[/tumblr]

re: youtubers react -- i suppose i'm in the "correct demographic" but i still found the video boring. i think the problem was simply that there wasn't much to react to, it's neither controversial nor are their really broad variations of the meme, so what's there to either like it or say that you don't see the appeal. i hope the other episodes they filmed were more interesting.
thank's you were great
snokoplasmic
procrastinator

ooooh my god the combination of messy hair, big blue eyes, and stubble is really making me wanna cry rn. too much beauty!
malday
emo goose

BSV wrote:Seen Anthony Padilla's insta story?
BSV

malday wrote:
BSV wrote:Seen Anthony Padilla's insta story?
Nice! Thank you
George
sad dimple

This just makes me wonder... Does Tinder pay more if there's enough views and that's why Phil went for such a fanservicy vid. It's apparently trending.

Anyway, love it and especially the way Dan touched Phil's hair.
You should never go to sleep on an argument.
Susanisnotafish
flower crown
Pronouns: She/her

Is it really fan service if Phil wanted to do it? I think he was really into the idea ever since he brought it up in the joint ls. It's so obvious in the video how much Phil was loving it (except for the painful moments). And Dan didn't even do his "I'm being forced to do this" schtick. This videos appeal to me was how into it they were (bc I hate when they mock us shippers).

Re: being relaxed in Tom's vlog

Could it be bc its only Flipside people and alcohol?
"Rub those freckles all over me!" --Daniel Howell
somethingsketchy
janice from the shop

I can't get enough of this slowed-down version of the curling.
[tumblr] <div class="tumblr-post" data-href="https://embed.tumblr.com/embed/post/0oq ... 2338092647" data-did="8a89c5f7a3f3e8ec60723e28e1b46c2a6e7129f7">[/tumblr]
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

click for phil with a quiff*

*lies, it's the thread name poll.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
eevee
emo goose

That new hair curling video I'm OBSESSED with!!! it is so fond. so soft. so beautiful.

yeah maybe phil's having dan curl it instead of doing it himself because he knows we'd like to watch it. But so what? he was right, it was a great video! And their interactions seemed very natural and genuine. I agree that they were super relaxed!

No one's mentioned this yet, but throughout the whole video Dan kept cutting off Phil and didn't really let him talk much. That kinda annoyed me, I wanted to hear what Phil had to say!!

Also, thanks LeftHandedism for explaining the right hand. It makes a lot of sense!!
chunchun wrote: I also agree that the video seemed kind of like a "boyfriend does my hair" kind of thing, hehe in general the boyfriend vibes here were off the charts, and it didn't even feel forced

Phil really loves Dan's curls and I'm here for that. Part of me also believes he's probably always loved Dan's curls since the beginning :D
Same, I am so here for boyfriendy Daniel and obsessed-with-curls Phil. He was so unapologetic about it!
LtrllySusan wrote:Can we please crowd-fund this boy some more shirts? There's gotta be some reason he ALWAYS wears this bloody thing.
Also isn't it hot outside?? (p.s where was this picture taken, do we know?)
droopy wrote:GoFundMe dot com: Help Buy This Internet Millionaire More Shirts

autumnhearth wrote:
We went to the tiny local Gaelic Imports grocery store and they had a sale on Easter candy. We got a Maltesers variety pack and had a taste test comparing the various forms in the bag to the ones we got at the cinema and the ones from the the tub from Taget. We have concluded that the American versions have a different consistency. The UK ones are somehow more like Whoppers (denser, crispier and more sugary) the American ones are bigger, more airy, chewier, creamier thicker chocolate and more honey comb-like. That or you know they were stale... But umm on a scale of similarity from worst to best for just the balls Whopper<UK Maltesers<US Maltesers cinema packet<US tub of Maltesers.
[offtopic]omg seriously thank you for this observation, there were malteasers ALL over Vidcon and I was convinced it was a huge initiative to troll Dan, but then I asked a rep and he said they were launching in America! I asked if they were the same and he said yes. Guess that's not the case!![/offtopic]
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

missemma wrote:click for phil with a quiff*

(I have so much work to do and yet I just spent ten minutes looking at pics of Phil with his hair back to make this. Don't actually regret it.)
droopy

alittledizzy wrote:
missemma wrote:click for phil with a quiff*

I have so much work to do and yet I just spent ten minutes looking at pics of Phil with his hair back to make this.
Where did you find this actual picture of my bedroom wall?
saffarinda
truth bomb

im a bit drunk right now so i apologise in advance but that gifset of phil taking pics of dan... mate i almost cried thats so fucking cute im so happy rn they're so adorable :'))) what picture is phil taking, or is it just a picture they wanted to take and keep for themsleves? bc if so that's even cuter!!!
25/04/2017 - #blessed