Dan & Phil Part 49: Don't curl, quiff

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

OMG I LOVED IT.

Also v impressed none of these convos or even photos leaked in the last few days?? (If they were legit. They seem to be...)

And male mentions. heart-eyes rizzo over here tbh.
sparkle
blobfish
Pronouns: she/her

10/10 having men and women my bisexual heart is happy
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
SquishPhan
capita£ester

I enjoyed that vid, definitely made me smile. Some of those pick up lines were great because they were so bad.

Nice to see that Dan was chatting to both men and women (though I can’t really say that it surprised me).

Plus no mention of being single himself. Just saying.
relatablemood
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

I was so happy my heart could burst about the inclusion of males in the video, the whole thing was a massive joke but it was nice to see that major nod towards liking both sexes for those simple enough to not accept it yet. I love pansexual Dan

Now why couldn't Phil have done something as entertaining and real as that?
i want dan's hair and phil's hips
bluebox-away
woodland creature

rizzo wrote:OMG I LOVED IT.

Also v impressed none of these convos or even photos leaked in the last few days?? (If they were legit. They seem to be...)

And male mentions. heart-eyes rizzo over here tbh.
This was my first thought tbh, how did we not see any of this? I guess like that one convo people assumed it was someone pretending to be Dan rather than really him..? idk

Thoroughly enjoyed the video, I liked how unscripted it felt cause he couldn't predict what people's replies would be, and generally he got some pretty funny people - I particularly loved Sophie

And as mentioned by others, glad he included both male and female matches and for sure a better tinder spon than Phil's
06/04/2016 - I found The Weakest Link :ninja:
Gif credit: IckleMissMayhem
fondsmiles
phabergé

THIS VIDEO. :) gaaah, I am smiling so hard.
okay this may be partly due to relief after unnecessary overthinking beforehand that i already knew would be over the top because daniel is being quite wonderful recently and there was literally no reason to worry this much but what can you do.

- but really, such a nice video. it was a really good way to stay clear of the whole talking-about-my-relationship-status thing, and it worked with the videos he usually posts on his channel.
- he!! had so many guys in there! and made gay jokes i am a happy girl. i smiled really really hard at the first guy, because i don't think he's had male attraction so clearly on his channel before, and i am happy that there's yet another bit that makes it harder for casual viewers to erase his non-straight sexuality. well done, dan
- YOU CAN'T PROVE that i did pause at all the pictures to study the glimpses of interior design intensely. you can't prove that.

i am really happy with how it turned out, how he approached it in the first place, how funny the interactions with all the people were. i genuinely enjoyed that a lot.
same way i enjoyed phil's video too btw, I liked his one in different ways but probably to the same level.
they make me happy. good night i stayed up for this and it's so fucking hot in my room,
guess who's gonna melt to death tonight, was nice knowing you all
[x]
[x]
Whommel
sofa crease
Pronouns: They/them

Now I can breathe again. I loved this video, it was so funny. Thrilled there was an equal amount of men and women and no mention of relationship status (which I prefer over him saying he's single) The photos were the best part, they were just incredible.

I downloaded Tinder after Phil's video, mostly to support him, but it's not for me since apart from being genderfluid and pansexual I'm also demi and with everyone I could just go "I don't know anything about you" + swipe left since I'm not attracted to anyone I don't know anything about. But maybe I could swipe right on someone like Dan because the photos are funny and show his sense of humour and a little of his personality.
BuffyFiona
sofa crease

Not sure why I didn't really like the vid, even though I definitely laughed plenty of times. Maybe because of the unpleasantness of the anticipation of cringe, also maybe because I just find watching other people's tinder convos uncomfortable (like, I've never liked being around when one of my friends was chatting someone up on tinder and narrating it)... I dunno...

Maybe if I watch it again in a couple days I will enjoy it more. Some great jokes from both Dan and the other people though!
lurker
janice from the shop
Pronouns: they/them

uh this could have literally been so much worse! i really liked it. the "social experiment" setup was fun and worked well for his channel as it provided him with a nice narrative and conclusion. i was a bit scared that it'd be too troll-y but i wasn't bothered by that at all as his chat-up lines were always immediately making his tone clear to the other person (i guess tinder is not the place where you'd have to worry a lot about that but it made the video more enjoyable to me personally as i'd have worried). i think it showed that he put a lot of thought as how to make it clear to his audience that this was not, in fact, sexy internet dating 2017. setting it up as an experiment, taking a jab at pranksters, and going at the actual chatting like this put everything in a very clear set. also like that it went without saying that he'd swipe on people regardless of gender, you go dan so yeah, i thought it was funny, could maybe have done with 1-2 people less if i'm nit-picky, and in other news the last person killed me, they were too nice.
thank's you were great
droopy
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

I could not stop smiling throughout this whole video. It was like Sexy Internet Dating, but more self-aware (or something like that). A solid 10/10 from me.

Also that picture of him sitting by the fridge was actually cute? Maybe just because it was a rare full-body shot, but he looked very cuddly, despite being covered in crumbs.

I do wonder how many people recognized him from the internet, though. There was one person who thought he was impersonating himself (still laughing at that, I 100% understand why they assumed it wasn't him, but still ), but I wonder who else swiped because they recognized him, even if they thought it was a fake profile?
malday
emo goose

droopy wrote: EDIT:

That was actually pretty funny! He spun the pick up lines well!
SneakyLizard
butt chair

I liked this video so so much! He's very funny and it was a really creative approach that meshes well with his previous videos. And is it just me or has his editing improved exponentially? And maybe the lighting/camera quality. The whole video looks fantastic, and Dan looks fantastic in it. I am content.
we walk among you
Birdie
blobfish

This video is literally the best thing I never wished for and still needed in my life. Thank you, Dan. Thank you so much.

(I have nothing more to say but I had to say that.)
deppytrash
smol bean
Pronouns: She/Her

I actually liked it, good idea, it's very dan and really good and not to forget the male mentions. I don't know how tinder works (if you choose what are you interested in and stuff), but it's very nice we reached this point where he'll just put it out there and don't overthink this, and exactly five years after the infamous no homo howell tweet.
ArtyJim
glabella

now this video was well thought out and executed well. good job dan i'll probably watch it again later.

personal sidenote: i actually met my boyfriend on tinder last year and the first message he sent to me was a god awful pick up line so i sent him one back and we just went back and forth until we exhausted them all lol. i'll have to show him this video later.
sparkle
blobfish

deppytrash wrote:I actually liked it, good idea, it's very dan and really good and not to forget the male mentions. I don't know how tinder works (if you choose what are you interested in and stuff), but it's very nice we reached this point where he'll just put it out there and don't overthink this, and exactly five years after the infamous no homo howell tweet.
You can choose male/female. I know someone who chose female to 'check out the competition', swiped on loads of females and no males, had a bath and in her words 'I entered the bath a heterosexual and emerged a lesbian'

Dan would have had to deliberately choose men and women, it was a deliberate choice to include men and I'm v happy about it

[offtopic]I'm watching I Nearly Blinded Myself and i've just realised me and Dan have the same 3DS... i'm very happy about this [/offtopic]
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
iero
phabergé

this was so funny and my favourite video he's done in a while. him including males filled my bi heart so much jfc, im so happy
thephandommenace
procrastinator

I loved it! Much better than I was expecting. I feel like this was an actually good spon as well that connected to the product as well so I'm sure Tinder will be v pleased. I laughed a fair bit and I enjoyed the interactions (and the cheeky peek at his bed... thought I saw Phil's shoulder next to him at first but I was mistaken), and thank God he included men and women (not that I doubted he would). I bet there will still be people who go "oh but he only included guys as an experiment" oh the mental gymnastics some people go through. I'm a little bitter rn because I've read so many 'concerned' comments today that admonished people for making non-straight jokes or references about Deps because 'it's not cool to assume someone's sexuality' yeah and bi-erasure/straightwashing sure ain't cool either dickwad

Great video Dan! My favourite in a while actually
anime_is_not_cool
living flop

Guys there just were 216 people online, that's only 40 less than when they announced the move, and about as much as the previous record (the diss track). Break the internet, Dan :D
autumnhearth
senpai

That wasn't bad at all. Gender balance was nice. Felt like a complete non issue.

I was more excited to see their pad. The entryway confused me a bit. So many different kinds of doors. (One in that niche painted the same color as the wall). A pic in bed, grey bedding and a bit of a white curved headboard. Corner of the kitchen with what may be considered a good size fridge there and grey cabinets. And a look at the shiny white desk where he does his liveshows.

Actual thoughts on the content? I agree with lurker, droopy and fondsmiles

I hope you are okay eel!
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

That was very funny and good on the final person seeing past all his crap and telling him those things. He looks good in that checked shirt and yeah, the rice cakes under the fridge photo is cute. Nice little curved alcove they've got that plant in too.
Moony
sofa crease

haha, that was funny :)
impressed with him for coming up with so many different bad pickup-lines

I saw a comment that said:
"tinder targeting dan and phil's audience when most of the phandom are under 18"
and they kinda have a point
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

That could've been so much worse. Bisexual!Dan was thriving, there was no mention of being single, we got new apartment angles and it wasn't an ISG so that was all above expectations and good. :D

But I was really over the concept of it halfway through the video. There are only so many pick up lines drenched in dead-but-not-really DINOF persona I can take in under 10 minutes, it just really wasn't that interesting to watch but it just dragged on. Thanks YouTube algorithms. And I gotta roll my eyes at Dan being a tiny bit snarky about the concept of Tinder but catching money for it anyway. Like I get that that was the point of the video and he was being funny but you can't tell me he wasn't letting his own opinion shine through. We all know he doesn't use it anyway.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
onetruetrash
blobfish

My bisexual soul approves

Not much else to say except that this video was hilarious.
plath
sofa crease

I'm pretty much taking this as an unofficial coming out vid so I am happy :)

also that video literally made me cry laughing, I had to pause it halfway through to take a drink of water because it was too. much.
Last edited by plath on Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nope.