Dan & Phil Part 50: Should we kiss now?

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
obscureDnPreference
procrastinator
Pronouns: she/her/hers

EDIT: NO WHY IS THIS AT THE TOP.

Not a deppy thing but a youtube thing. Cliques are gross and things like this kind of make me happy that D&P seem to enjoy each other's company enough not to be super cliquey like others.
"This is not children's television. I'm 26, I'm depressed, and I need edgy jokes to cope with my anxiety."
Daniel Howell, 10/30/17
DatCog
blobfish
Pronouns: she/her

missemma wrote:
DatCog wrote:
I love this so much!! We kind of did something similar when we spent a weekend in London for my eldest' birthday last November!

What I need is someone to map out the Japhan DITL as I'm going to Tokyo soon and fully intend to visit all the sights featured!
Yes, someone should to the Japhan one as I also intend to go one day. I think they visited most of the tourist spots so shouldn't be too hard to figure out.
I've actually worked out most of the places from the DITL (need to check which Starbucks had the roof terrace)...our AirBnB is 10 mins walk from the world's largest Pokémon store where Dan got his plushie Arceus
sparkle
blobfish

missemma wrote:
sparkle wrote: I'm going to London next week (SO. FUCKING. EXCITED.) and have some time to kill on my own... i'm genuinely considering going to some of these places

(if anyone knows where to get bubble tea near Westminster hmu before Thursday)
Go for it, Traf. Square is definitely worth going to as it's a really nice place (plus you can see the big thumb that Phil bought a replica of), same with Leicester Square gardens, nice places to people watch.

As for bubble tea, I found this on google: Biju Bubble Tea Room - 45 Old Compton St, Soho, London W1D 6HQ
Thank you!! I'm gonna to see if that can work into my plans :D

Honestly with working out the route you are doing the phandom a great service :') I know the route of the Manchester one and I've done that before - it's kinda fun :)
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
onetruetrash
blobfish

obscureDnPreference wrote:EDIT: NO WHY IS THIS AT THE TOP.

Not a deppy thing but a youtube thing. Cliques are gross and things like this kind of make me happy that D&P seem to enjoy each other's company enough not to be super cliquey like others.
I saw that too. Yeah, I'm glad Dan and Phil seems to be friends with whoever they wanna be friends with.
Aeryth
squish

missemma wrote:I'll get the Festive one up as soon as it's finished, then you have two to do :) you could easily do both on the same day as they arent that far apart from each other. Glad you liked it (already been called creepy on tumblr - not sure why seeing as the places are all tourist spots, even the BBC has a tour and a cafe which is open to the public).
oh, come on, this is almost like going on a pilgrimage (at least that's how I see it )
I look forward to the Festive one
Diyes_Celine
truth bomb

missemma wrote:
DatCog wrote:
I love this so much!! We kind of did something similar when we spent a weekend in London for my eldest' birthday last November!

What I need is someone to map out the Japhan DITL as I'm going to Tokyo soon and fully intend to visit all the sights featured!
Yes, someone should to the Japhan one as I also intend to go one day. I think they visited most of the tourist spots so shouldn't be too hard to figure out.
I actually did this when I visited Japan last December. Although, I changed the order coz I didn't start from their swanky hotel. I went to Tsukiji fish market for breakfast instead. I can check my itinerary. But it's fairly easy coz they went to the popular tourist spots in Tokyo. Those places are actually in the train maps for tourists.
karma_yeah
philussy

Diyes_Celine wrote:
missemma wrote:
DatCog wrote:

I actually did this when I visited Japan last December. Although, I changed the order coz I didn't start from their swanky hotel. I went to Tsukiji fish market for breakfast instead. I can check my itinerary. But it's fairly easy coz they went to the popular tourist spots in Tokyo. Those places are actually in the train maps for tourists.
I'm curious. Do other fandom's have this kind of dedication? obsession -- but in a good way Especially among a group that is older than the average demographic?

Do other youtubers have the power to increase viewership of a sporting event? I don't watch any other youtubers and have no idea.
What goes around, comes around Image
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

This has one of the guys at the end http://teneightymagazine.com/2017/07/15 ... haracters/

Fricking hilarious choice.

Some other YouTubers have big fandoms, others maybe smaller, but still dedicated. Superwoman, Tyler Oakley, Dodie and Carrie spring to mind. There are loads more though how big and how popular, I don't know for all of them.
aleanna
glabella

karma_yeah wrote:
Diyes_Celine wrote:
missemma wrote:
DatCog wrote:

I'm curious. Do other fandom's have this kind of dedication? obsession -- but in a good way Especially among a group that is older than the average demographic?
Not a YouTube fandom, but I'm impressed at the Torchwood fandom's dedication to the Ianto Jone's shrine in Cardiff. If you don't know, it's a shrine for a tv character who was killed off 8 years ago! The city has tried to dismantle the shrine multiple times, but it always comes back. I know several people (from California!) who have made it a point to visit the shrine all the way in Wales!

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_ ... Wales.html
Check out my YouTube channel where I post badly edited vlog-things: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4MzLr ... nRQQMRpp6A
karma_yeah
philussy

flarequake wrote:This has one of the guys at the end http://teneightymagazine.com/2017/07/15 ... haracters/

Some other YouTubers have big fandoms, others maybe smaller, but still dedicated. Superwoman, Tyler Oakley, Dodie and Carrie spring to mind. There are loads more though how big and how popular, I don't know for all of them.
Thanks flarequake!

I've heard of them but never watched them. I remember Tyler from his collabs with Dan.

Do those fandoms go as far as mapping out a DITL video to share with fellow fans? To me, it seems like such a sweet, above and beyond, thing to do ( missemma) for fellow fans.

Maybe it's just the kind of people that appeal to and who gravitate to IDB. It seems like a special group of people. Just don't have anything to compare it to.
What goes around, comes around Image
autumnhearth
senpai

That is amazing missemma!
flarequake wrote:This has one of the guys at the end http://teneightymagazine.com/2017/07/15 ... haracters/

Umm Phil's not Voldemort? But!
Diyes_Celine
truth bomb

karma_yeah wrote:
Diyes_Celine wrote:
missemma wrote:
DatCog wrote:

Do other youtubers have the power to increase viewership of a sporting event? I don't watch any other youtubers and have no idea.
Just to clarify, I am not thaaaat dedicated to follow their Japan DITL. But I will definitely follow their London DITL. Their Japan DITL is a good itinerary especially if you'll start at Shinjuku station just like Deppy. I didn't go to Tapas Molecular Bar coz 1. I don't earn Youtube money. 2. I planned to eat all the bento box variety in kombinis.
RiriPandaHeart2
phabergé

I will probably never be able to go the U.K. in my lifetime, and if I do go to Japan, my parents will be planning the itinerary so I can't make my own, but thank you to the people who are making the DITL/Festive DITL and Japan DITL itinerary. :platonic:

I'm sorry if I offend anyone with my thoughts, especially at the former discussion of people being offended at Japhan and Singaphore, but my take on it is that a lot of people were talking about it in the context of Deppy's trip to Japan and Singapore alone and not the country as a whole.

But I do find from my own experience that the problematic aspect of Japhan and Singapore just comes naturally to me in the sense of my own experience when I recently visited Singapore [and Malaysia]. I was enamored by Singapore (so much green trees and beautiful flowers everywhere! the people are super nice and friendly! it's so clean and orderly! If I could, I'd live there!), but when I went to the areas I knew Deppy went to (Gardens by the Bay, Merlion, S.E.A Aquarium, Night Safari), the idea that they've been there a few months ago weighed heavily on my mind and excited me. [me and my sis even recreated Dan's pose. lol.] I recognize that my thoughts were being problematic and I sincerely apologize for that. I did have a very good time even without the Deppy aspect of it (seriously, I fell in love with Singapore). But I was so excited at the thought that there was even a very remote connection in that I've been in a place they've been at (which I think factors into why a lot of fans who rarely get to see them are more "extreme" in their methods to see Deppy. Not that I'm condoning it. I just understand the excitement).

Circling back to the current discussion, I think a lot of people who'd do the DITL itineraries would feel the same excitement and that's why I think doing them is a good idea. Especially for those fans who would probably never see/meet Deppy.

[Again, clarifying that I don't agree nor condone those who stalk Deppy. I'm just saying that sometimes, even just being in a place where they've been in makes a fan feel some sort of connection and excitement].
P: What are you doing?

D: I'm feeding it to you.

P: Why is it so slow?
eevee
emo goose

This is old news now but I loved the danthony "bloopers." I loved the original video so this was just like the original video 2.0. I didn't laugh a lot but I don't think I needed to, I still really loved it. Their characters in the original video really appeal to me. watching them act and improvise was really cool to me.

No clue about tennis but thankful for all the selfies and wheres waldeps we got today. very entertaining, haha! some of you have an extremely good eye. i couldnt believe how many times they were spotted, sometimes in very very few pixels! the phandom is so extra and in this case, i love it. I wonder if theres any other crowd pics from other scenarios they could be found in?

The picture/mirror frame in Dan's #Wimbledon pic today is so fancy and extravagant...it led me to this:
Thanks missemma for that gif from TV!! And the d&p tour details are awesome!
autumnhearth wrote:
DatCog wrote:
Lucyrg95 wrote:WHEN WILL THE GAMING CHANNEL RETURN FROM WAR
I was going to post something along the same lines but then worried if I was just being greedy as we got DH and AP videos this week. However, it has been OVER A WEEK since the last DAPG vid and I'm suffering

A golf video would put me out of my misery
Seriously. Either continue filling your Instagram quota or give us a gaming vid boys! I don't care if it's selfish.
...........omg
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

RiriPandaHeart2 wrote: Circling back to the current discussion, I think a lot of people who'd do the DITL itineraries would feel the same excitement and that's why I think doing them is a good idea. Especially for those fans who would probably never see/meet Deppy.

[Again, clarifying that I don't agree nor condone those who stalk Deppy. I'm just saying that sometimes, even just being in a place where they've been in makes a fan feel some sort of connection and excitement].
I agree with your last sentence, that it can make them feel some sort of connection and excitement, plus it isn't doing anyone any harm!

The map is definitely not something that anyone would be able to stalk Dan and Phil with. It does not include any places near to their old flat and does not go anywhere near that part of London. Maybe I should have also mentioned that mapping these places out actually wasn't that difficult for me as I have lived in London my entire life and knew all the places they visited immediately because they went to actual tourist hotspots. Even Topman is well known here because it's the big flagship store in London so not like a back street place that no one ever goes to, and the BBC does tours for the public so it's not a private place. The thing that took time was piecing the map together and photoshopping in the screenshots etc! It's just for a bit of fun, and these places aren't really anything to do with Dan and Phil, they just went to them like a billion other people did when they visit London. Even the Festive DITL is the same, all tourist hotspots.

Glad you all seemed to enjoy the idea anyways!
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
thephandommenace
procrastinator
Pronouns: they/them

missemma wrote:
Been working on something for a while and thought you guys might like it. I have made a few friends from the phandom who don't live in London, so when we met up I took them on “Dan and Phil tour” of London as we were shopping in the area and I knew the areas pretty well. They really enjoyed it so I decided to sit down and properly map out some routes for both of the London DITL’s so that other people in the phandom could enjoy it. I included all of the stops in the videos bar ones near their flat (obviously because that would be weird).

I've finally finished the route from the first london day in the life and I'll put the images under a spoiler. If anyone is coming to London any time soon then try it out and let me know if it's good! I'm doing the Festive DITL now, but it'll take about 2 weeks because mapping it out does take some time! (i know, i seem to have too much time on my hands, but it's just a bit of fun).

you can get the bigger images from here
missemma wrote: Yes, someone should to the Japhan one as I also intend to go one day. I think they visited most of the tourist spots so shouldn't be too hard to figure out.
missemma I loved your post so much that it inspired me to do the Japan DITL tour route! I didn't have anything better to do so I just spent an inordinate amount of time crafting this (best thing I've made in a while) hope I didn't step on anyone's toes in the process. If you're a regular Tokyo-dweller or you decide to use this let me know how it goes/if anything needs to be amended

Japan DITL tour pics under spoiler
for higher res go here
DatCog
blobfish

thephandommenace wrote:
missemma wrote:
Been working on something for a while and thought you guys might like it. I have made a few friends from the phandom who don't live in London, so when we met up I took them on “Dan and Phil tour” of London as we were shopping in the area and I knew the areas pretty well. They really enjoyed it so I decided to sit down and properly map out some routes for both of the London DITL’s so that other people in the phandom could enjoy it. I included all of the stops in the videos bar ones near their flat (obviously because that would be weird).

I've finally finished the route from the first london day in the life and I'll put the images under a spoiler. If anyone is coming to London any time soon then try it out and let me know if it's good! I'm doing the Festive DITL now, but it'll take about 2 weeks because mapping it out does take some time! (i know, i seem to have too much time on my hands, but it's just a bit of fun).

you can get the bigger images from here
missemma wrote: Yes, someone should to the Japhan one as I also intend to go one day. I think they visited most of the tourist spots so shouldn't be too hard to figure out.
missemma I loved your post so much that it inspired me to do the Japan DITL tour route! I didn't have anything better to do so I just spent an inordinate amount of time crafting this (best thing I've made in a while) hope I didn't step on anyone's toes in the process. If you're a regular Tokyo-dweller or you decide to use this let me know how it goes/if anything needs to be amended

for higher res go here
AHHHHH THIS IS PERFECT THANK YOU!!! Will certainly be taking this with me - I'd already planned on doing a walking tour of Shibuya and Harajuku etc on our first full day in Tokyo but this will be incredibly helpful (and now I know which Starbucks to go to and how to avoid getting lost trying to find the burger bar )
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

thephandommenace wrote:

for higher res go here
Thank you for doing this, it's amazing! it's a fun process isn't it? now we just need someone to do the Manchester one! I used to visit Manchester regularly and could actually put one together but I don't have time right now so someone else should do it.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
dontpanic
#relatable

I just got back from yosemite so I haven't caught up on the thread yet, but the collin and dan insta killed me. I can't sleep so I did some unnecessary research and discovered that darling Collin is the second most featured star on Dan's instagram. Out of the 285 insta posts, Dan has pictures of/with:

Phil: 100 times (give or take 3, I might have miscounted there's a lot)
Collin: 5
Cat: 4
Bryony: 3
Louise: 3
Pancakes: 3
Doggos: 3 (not counting Collin)
PJ: 2
Jack Howard: 2
Grandparents: 1

these are the number of times they physically appeared in a photo, not just referenced. There are other people who only appeared once like nick jonas (#dick #otp) and T Swift, but theses are the main peeps.

Something I noticed was it's been a looong time since the last Bryony pic...it's a small price to pay for internet fame, but it still must stink not to be able to take social media pics with some of your closest friends, that's what makes insta fun it's a unimportant thing, just something that caught my eye

haven't slept in about 28 hours so NIGHT ALL
sparkle
blobfish

missemma wrote:
thephandommenace wrote:

for higher res go here
Thank you for doing this, it's amazing! it's a fun process isn't it? now we just need someone to do the Manchester one! I used to visit Manchester regularly and could actually put one together but I don't have time right now so someone else should do it.
I live in Manchester so I try and do it when I get home tonight :D
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
Diyes_Celine
truth bomb

RiriPandaHeart2 wrote: Circling back to the current discussion, I think a lot of people who'd do the DITL itineraries would feel the same excitement and that's why I think doing them is a good idea. Especially for those fans who would probably never see/meet Deppy.

Yes. I was so excited to see the Meiji Shire torii coz I remembered Phil's joke. Japan is one of my dream destination so I was really happy to be there. But remembering all the things Deppy did made it more fun and exciting.
thephandommenace wrote: Japan DITL tour pics under spoiler
for higher res go here
If you need the train map, I used this tourist map to do my own Japhan DITL. The physical copy of that map even indicates the nearest exit to the tourist spot.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Oh wow, the Japan map commentary is hilarious. Very thorough resources we have I don't know if anyone else's fandom gets this creative, mostly it's fan art I suppose? Thomas Sanders gets a ton and posts a montage on Twitter and Tumblr every week.
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

Don't read the replies unless you want spoilers!

I watched the episode early (EU morning) so I can use the internet without fearing spoilers. Does Dan usually talk about the latest episode in his LS on tuesdays?
DatCog
blobfish

Re. GoT - I was surprised to see that NOW TV already had the episode available for streaming when I checked first thing this morning! Needless to say, I went against the rest of my family's wishes and watched it while eating my breakfast . I'll act like I haven't seen it and watch again when it is broadcast tonight

I hope Dan will talk about it on his ls. He's clearly passionate about the show and I'd enjoy hearing his views.

Edit: I particularly like the last one!
autumnhearth
senpai

Lol at Dan's tweet.
He should probably mute Ed Sheeran as well.
I doubt he will get into talking about it that much because of spoilers. Anyone who has been watching his liveshows during seasons past know? I am curious as to how and when they are watching it. If it is legally (which they can afford to) they could conceivably watch it at 2am? Or is there a further delay in the U.K.? I watch it at my brother's (though my brother doesn't watch with us lol. It's his partner, our sister and her husband). I'm going to be out of town for a couple weeks so I'll need to catch up, somehow...

Come on gaming video today! Please.