Dan & Phil Part 50: Should we kiss now?

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Kathrynxjane
janice from the shop
Pronouns: She/Her

Umm that might have been my favourite Dan video ever. Also never watched Anthony before these collabs but now subscribed.

I cried laughing and related to it way too much. Previous emo kid here too. That g note and "to join the black parade" was hilarious. Best part

I love the funny shade at Phil too. Obviously was going to come up. Nearly had a panic when Dan threw the straighteners on the sofa than realised they probably aren't actually on!!

Need to re watch several times. Back in the trashcan I go.
"You can't just pull it out and put it in without a plan." Dan Howell 2015
liola
rankussy
Pronouns: she/her

I'm honestly dying laughing, I think it's the emo-teen inside of me that is cringing at how true it is. The fringe straightening bit is way too real.

Love how present Phil is in the video even if it's not at all a collab with him and LOVE that Dan chose the best selfie Phil offered us in the last year. Truly blessed
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
DatCog
blobfish

That was a pretty good Dan vid! A few more cheeky glimpses of the duplex they don't care showing us now as they're moving out soon and I laughed a lot at Dan & Anthony dissing poor Emo Phil...using his best ever selfies though
lilabet
philussy
Pronouns: She/Her

I loved this video. Genuinely laughed especially the dragging of Phil.

Wasnt this filmed at Anthony's while they were in LA?
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
BSV
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

So nice and unexpected! I loved all the cringe pictures (i have loadssss of myself in being an emo/scene kid so i can relate!) and the dragging of phil!
Kathrynxjane wrote:
I love the funny shade at Phil too. Obviously was going to come up. Nearly had a panic when Dan threw the straighteners on the sofa than realised they probably aren't actually on!!

I had the exact same thought and laughed as they all walked away from the sofa!
Now expecting full in depth lay out drawings of the house from you guys with these new stairway shots/ mirror or dans room, haha
vortexofphan
drama llama

obscureDnPreference wrote:
Philena wrote:
obscureDnPreference wrote:WHOA NOW. NEW DAN VID

Eh, the only time I giggled was during the sofa scene with the nail painting and hair straightening whilst singing iwsnt. Otherwise, kinda blah to me. I preferred Anthony's solo content today. He seems so genuine.
I giggled several times, but I'm more happy about the other things this video gave us:

Emo pics of Danthony
New and different apartment angles!!
DRAGGING OF PHIL
Dan in that sweater
I thought that was really funny. I legit laughed out loud quite a bit. It's a definite re-watch one for me, and my favorite over tinder and the meme one.

Agree with those moments. The Phil dragging had me cackling. Then immediately after "don't emo shame." lol The g-note house glimpse was great too.
lilabet wrote:I loved this video. Genuinely laughed especially the dragging of Phil.

Wasnt this filmed at Anthony's while they were in LA?
I assume the parts with Anthony were, and then our favorite camera man Phil stepped in with the keyboard bits of just Dan.
SquishPhan
capita£ester

Wow they sure made a lot of videos with Anthony.

This one not my fave.

As someone who never had an emo phase, this just didn’t do anything for me.

Thought I did appreciate looking at those beautiful pics of Phil and some new angles of their home.
nephilimcat
woodland creature

I loved how they dragged Phil but then put those amazing pictures of him in the video that gave me another excuse to drool over his beautiful face and once again be reminded that I am definitely bi and not gay

It was quite funny, but I did prefer Anthony's solo vid today (I pissed myself laughing) and the other collabs with him. I'm glad Dan didn't drag the video to ten minutes, I think that would have been a fatal mistake. It really didn't need to be longer, I liked it the way it was.

It's also the weirdest coincidence this video was uploaded today because for the first time ever I was called emo (because I wear almost exclusively black clothes and today I had a black umbrella with me as well)! I was trying to catch my train (and I fucking missed it) and suddenly I heard a group of guys yell, "Hey emo!" and looking at me. Like, what do actual emos and goths and other people that stand out have to hear every time they leave the house? I'd die.
pulvis et umbra sumus
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

BSV wrote:Now expecting full in depth lay out drawings of the house from you guys with these new stairway shots/ mirror or dans room, haha
Same :D The only thing I can contribute is that the staircase is directly right of the desk (you can see the chrome lamp for a second in the start). But much more importantly, wtf are those banisters? Considering how stylish (frosted glass walls and curvy walls) the place seemed so far, those are hideous.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

That was hilarious, so funny, my eternally-hungry cat came and sat in front of me doing her best feed-me-more stare and just had to wait while I laughed (she's fine, I fed her about ten minutes ago, daft thing eats half and comes to get me to walk back to the bowl with her even though she'll get there fine on her own if I ignore her).

The g note black parade bit, the old photos (you can barely recognise that was Dan), Phil trolling with the piano, Phil shouting at them and then his photos being shown, and good grief did we love those first two photos when he uploaded them. The two of them happily painting black nails and straightening hair was adorable, also Dan curling up underneath his desk. Such cute. It was a surprise to see the upload notification in the first place, I knew it would be funny as hell and they did not disappoint. I suppose that's the last of their collabs with Anthony, I think they did a great job keeping a lot of us laughing for a few weeks.
queerofcups
spork
Pronouns: they | them

Jeez, that was 5 minutes of Too Real for me, a former emo. (Also, anyone who claims the G note doesn't still get them is a #fakefan)
somethingsketchy
janice from the shop

Wow, I was just about to go to sleep when Dan hit us with the video. I cackled so hard now I'm wide awake again. *sigh*

edit: "Follow Antoine Padildo"
Last edited by somethingsketchy on Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
malday
emo goose

The Phil roast was definitely the best bit! Dragged him but showed good pics of him! it was done right
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

5/5 stars for the the new apartment angles would pause and analyze again.

Honestly the rest of the video didn't do a lot for me aside from the part where Phil gets roasted (thanks for blessing my eyes with the ladybug selfie again btw) even as a 'former emo' who in fact listened to her Within Temptation albums back to back today, but it was amusing and it was nice to see something short and sweet on the channel again.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
snokoplasmic
procrastinator

i find it so funny when dan gets on with the whole "ex-emo" thing because not only is the concept usually good, but....,..the fact that he only stopped straightening his hair like six months ago lmao who does he really think he's fooling
lurker
janice from the shop
Pronouns: they/them

i was a bit sceptic of the video at the beginning, but as soon as the skits started, it had me cackling, especially the myspace angle bit. "picture comment for picture comment", dear god. also i feel blessed by having seen dan and anthony sit on the sofa, happily straightening anthony's hair and painting dan's nails while singing panic. that was beautiful.

the phil shaming was mostly funny to me because it seems to me that dan is actually the only person who roasts phils hair, so it's not actually something that's "objectively" funny to a large audience. instead, it seems to be purely there because dan wanted to roast phil on his main channel, and i think that's kind of hilarious.

i also approve of the length of the video -- it was just right. kudos, daniel. i liked it!
thank's you were great
Whommel
sofa crease
Pronouns: They/them

The new video is amazing, one of my favourite from Dan. The Phil shaming was my favourite part. :D

Because of I decided to finally give MCR a tiny chance after the Yasuhati singing challenge. When MCR existed I did everything I could to ignore their existence - including turning of the tv when they came on - and now I curse my younger self! I started out listening to just Welcome to the Black Parade, then the rest of the album and now I've realised that The Black Parade is a perfect album, the rest of their music is brilliant too and MCR has quickly eclipsed all other bands I like to be my absolute favourite and now I just sit here with all these feelings! :facepalm:
BuffyFiona
sofa crease

Catallena wrote: Honestly the rest of the video didn't do a lot for me aside from the part where Phil gets roasted (thanks for blessing my eyes with the ladybug selfie again btw) even as a 'former emo' who in fact listened to her Within Temptation albums back to back today, but it was amusing and it was nice to see something short and sweet on the channel again.
I agree, though I never was into that whole scene (as a preteen/teen I had more of a punk phase where I exclusively wore black Ramones/Clash/Sex Pistols t-shirts, torn black skinny jeans, and combat boots while glaring at everyone and crying alone over records a lot, which sounds maybe similar to the "emo" phase with different music) so I got basically none of the references in this video, which is probably why it didn't do much for me. But I didn't hate it, and it was definitely nice to see, just probably won't rewatch except to analyze the apartment.
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

queerofcups wrote:Jeez, that was 5 minutes of Too Real for me, a former emo. (Also, anyone who claims the G note doesn't still get them is a #fakefan)
Also a former emo (but still listening to those tunes) I dunno, I didn't really like the video that much. Not sure what I didn't like about it, I can't put my finger on it. The photos of Phil were so good and enjoyed him trolling Phil but am kinda over the (overkill) of them and Anthony really. They could have spaced their collabs out a bit more and I may have enjoyed it more perhaps.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
thephandommenace
procrastinator
Pronouns: they/them

Catallena wrote:5/5 stars for the the new apartment angles would pause and analyze again.

Honestly the rest of the video didn't do a lot for me aside from the part where Phil gets roasted (thanks for blessing my eyes with the ladybug selfie again btw) even as a 'former emo' who in fact listened to her Within Temptation albums back to back today, but it was amusing and it was nice to see something short and sweet on the channel again.
Basically me as well. Just wasn't my sense of humour (it felt more like an Anthony video than a Dan video) but I did enjoy Phil getting roasted (and the bits with Phil filming so we could see the new apartment angles). I enjoyed that the video was short and sweet and it's the first video he's done in a while that was pretty close to his old videos, and put out something out that was creative but also concise. (Though I felt the point got a little muddled when he said 'stop shaming people who used to be emo' then spent a good minute roasting Phil who currently looks emo...) All in all good effort but it didn't tickle my funny bone. Ah well.
P.S. I got distracted at the beginning when Anthony talked about how he used to wear women's jeans and it was portrayed in a negative light when I know a lot of guys who wear jeans from the women's section without being emo and it's not a big deal. I may have been overly sensitive to that part though. I imagine members of his audience who are actually emo or who have triggers probably had better reason to be offended than me.
Last edited by thephandommenace on Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oqua
nose pervert
nose pervert

Please vote for the next thread name here!
busy being happy~
sparkle
blobfish

Whommel wrote:The new video is amazing, one of my favourite from Dan. The Phil shaming was my favourite part. :D

Because of I decided to finally give MCR a tiny chance after the Yasuhati singing challenge. When MCR existed I did everything I could to ignore their existence - including turning of the tv when they came on - and now I curse my younger self! I started out listening to just Welcome to the Black Parade, then the rest of the album and now I've realised that The Black Parade is a perfect album, the rest of their music is brilliant too and MCR has quickly eclipsed all other bands I like to be my absolute favourite and now I just sit here with all these feelings! :facepalm:
Welcome to the MCRmy

seriously though, The Black Parade is a 10/10 album and My Chem have been my favourite band for 10 years - I really hope they reform because they are a-m-a-z-i-n-g live :D (fun fact; me, Dan, and Phil all went to the same MCR show in 2011 in Manchester). It kinda makes me sad how they're cool now though, back in 2007 I was bullied SO badly for liking them that it wasn't even funny and 10 years later and everyone is like 'lol that G note'. Gah! They were always brilliant ffs
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
quercussp
living flop

The new video was a little meh for me, mostly because I didn't get any of the references. But I am going to rewatch it a couple of times to see every bit of the apartment they show. Also I really liked the Phil dragging part (and also Phil is just so beautiful I want to cry. Leave it to Dan to choose the most flattering pictures of Phil on the internet, while Phil chose the worst ones of Dan for his video).
iwishiwasacasual
glabella

decent vid, my inner emo is sobbing and i love how dan chose the cutest pics of phil to shame him with

sidenote: i'm so fucking bitter that moving conspiracies 2: phantastic boogaloo isn't winning. it's funnier and you all know it
fondsmiles
phabergé

he's very adamant about this dragging thing isn't he (I love it, it's funny af)
[x]
[x]