Dan & Phil Part 51: Master of Erotic Massages

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Viofish
glabella
Pronouns: she/her

Also, referring back to the little sketch layout obscureDnPreference did, what about the picture of Phil in front of the curved wall with the house plant? and the little side table with all the candles on it? was that taken in the moon room?

"when you finna nut but no one wants to help with your kink"
Hal
smol bean

Hi! You guys are amazing at figuring things out, I'm impressed! I also enjoy the collective work, it gives me faith in humanity.

Just wanted to add a thought on the "Phil's bedroom is a set" conspiracy : didn't Phil say in a live show that the gaming room was originally supposed to be his bedroom, but then he gave it up so they have more space? Or am I making that up? Because if that's true, do you know a lot of bedrooms with that kind of floor? (I don't know how it's called in english sorry) I doubt it would fit with a pleasing aesthetic, especially given the amount of time he says he spends in his bedroom!

(Also Phil has liked a phanart of him and Dan on twitter as Dream Daddy characters, isn't it cute?) (I don't know how to put tweet on IDB while on my phone sorry)
sparkle
blobfish

citizen_erased wrote:
Also I'm definitely not buying the "we're 7 stories up!" thing, considering 1) if the reflection in the selfies from Dan's recent ls is from a window, there are trees in there, and 2) there's a picture on Dan's twitter from election-time where he's watching politics and that's a lot of green outside for someone who's supposedly all the way up in a flat. (though I don't want to stare at that picture for too long because that pizza looks delicious and I just came home from sports.)

I know trees can, you know, get pretty big, but 7 stories? In London? IDK man To be fair, I'm from a very small town so I tend to not notice plants and trees in cities because they're so normal to me, so I actually have no idea what it's like in London despite having been there like 5 times now.
London has a LOT of trees (I have a video on my instagram that I took at the Tate viewing platform which is on the Thames just up from Parliament and you can see some very tell trees in it) so its not unusual for you to be able to see trees. Plus you can only see the tops of them, which indicates that you'll be quite high up. 7 stories is approximately 23 metres, and according to google the tallest the trees in London reach is about 30-35 metres. So being 7 stories up, based on the tree line, is more than likely true.
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
Susanisnotafish
flower crown
Pronouns: She/her

Viofish wrote:Also, referring back to the little sketch layout obscureDnPreference did, what about the picture of Phil in front of the curved wall with the house plant? and the little side table with all the candles on it? was that taken in the moon room?

I think the Phil pic is upstairs from the moon room.
"Rub those freckles all over me!" --Daniel Howell
DatCog
blobfish

citizen_erased wrote:
(Also does anyone know if we're still getting baking videos at halloween/christmas? because I, for one, am INCREDIBLY curious about their new kitchen. This is also the most domestic thing I've ever said, probably, but still. Fancy house kitchens often look amazing. Do they have a kitchen island? What's the colour scheme? Do they have large windows in the kitchen as well? So. many. questions.)
I want to know this more than anything right now! I've just re-done my kitchen but it's the wrong shape for an island unit and I'm very sad about this. We know they have grey gloss units from the Dan crying under the fridge pic but that's the only info we have about the kitchen. Hope we don't have to wait until Halloween baking to see more!
liola
rankussy

I'm too surprised no floor plans haven't been found yet. Now, not too sound stalker-ish, but I've been looking at flats to rent in London for the last couple of weeks (for myself because I'm considering moving so I wanted to see the average price per location) and it's really surprising that despite all the peculiar things we know about the house (curved walls, open floor with staircase in it, duplex, obviously a lift inside the building) nothing has been found. I am truly amazed and pleased that they've become so good at only giving us the glimpses they want us to have.

That said, I'm a nosy little sh*t and I love interior design and I too wanna see their kitchen so bad. I'm a sucker for modern kitches with islands and breakfast bar

Also, there's no way the gaming room has a window but Phil's set room doesn't. Who does he think he's fooling smh
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
bluebox-away
woodland creature

Susanisnotafish wrote:
Viofish wrote:Also, referring back to the little sketch layout obscureDnPreference did, what about the picture of Phil in front of the curved wall with the house plant? and the little side table with all the candles on it? was that taken in the moon room?

Wow, I go away for a couple days and you guys have a floorplan brainstorm without me? anyway, just my 2 cents that this pic of Phil is taken from the kitchen, cause it seems to line up with the shot of dan sat under the fridge from his recent video with the grey cupboards being the fridge/freezer..

It kinda makes me think that there's a central, round room that's like surrounded by both the kitchen and moon room, but idk how that figures into the general layout and I definitely could be wrong as it's all really confusing!
The real answer is, we need a baking vid to clear up the kitchen layout now pls boys
06/04/2016 - I found The Weakest Link :ninja:
Gif credit: IckleMissMayhem
nøx
spork
Pronouns: they/them

At this point I'm halfway convinced that they move some of their stuff around every one or two weeks just to mess with us. Put a shoerack here, place a plant or a mirror there, see what they make of it....
Viofish
glabella

nøx wrote:At this point I'm halfway convinced that they move some of their stuff around every one or two weeks just to mess with us. Put a shoerack here, place a plant or a mirror there, see what they make of it....
at this point, it seems like they are... I thought I felt solid on my interpretation of their flat layout but... now Im not so sure anymore :( :?
moaninglisa
drama llama

Viofish wrote:not sure if this was mentioned before (this thread has lots of info and moves fasttt) but in the stop emo shaming video, when dan is going downstairs from their upstairs lounge, you can see a "shoe rack" of some sort that is white and against the wall.

and usually people keep shoe racks near or next the entrance of their homes, so.... it is likely that downstairs is where the entrance is.

IMO their layout has 3 floors, but the bottom one is a one room basement.

Bottom floor probably a basement that was meant for storage. (speculated third floor)
-gaming room (because the picture dan recently took of phil looks like he had to be at a higher elevation to get that angle, unless he held he arms above him to take it. So there are stairs that lead directly up from that bottom room area to the main floor.)

Main floor
-entrance to their flat
-Moon room + ensuite bathroom
-Phil's bedroom
-Small lounge with their old couch
-Dan's filming space behind the glass wall
- white shoe shelf in the hallway as seen above

Top floor
-large open lounge with dan's gaming pc corner
-possibly the kitchen which is adjacent to where Phil livestreams, because he does it on the top floor where dan's clickety keyboard is
- the stair case right next to dan's desk. see below

I honestly think the gaming room is the bottom floor because there aren't any windows and there are stairs that lead directly into the room.
the gaming room and dan's filming space are in the downstairs lounge. (maybe phil's room as well? I’m guiding myself by the tiled floor and by the fact that the gaming room was originally going to be his bedroom. I see a correlation? somehow?? I need a nap).
anywaaay
in their joint liveshow they pointed to this wall and said that's the gaming room:

edit: english is not my first language so this is a mess i'm so sorry
Viofish
glabella

I just googled the definition of duplex and on the wikipedia page it says that a duplex in the U.K. is "more often used by property professionals such as architects and estate agents and refers only to a flat or apartment on two floors connected by an inner staircase though many newer apartments have open-plan designs including mezzanines. The traditional layout is normally called a maisonette, indicating a 'house-like dwelling' raised above the ground or street."

so does that mean third floor is out of the question? I feel slightly daft.

it doesn't look like they have a mezzanine btw

edit: yes that would make sense to what Moaning Lisa is saying about phil pointing to the other wall and referring to that as the gaming room. so I guess there is no bottom "basement" then
Last edited by Viofish on Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Whommel
sofa crease
Pronouns: They/them

Just read something about a hair straightener on the floor in the ls, did any of you notice that and if so at what time was it?
sparkle
blobfish

bluebox-away wrote:
It kinda makes me think that there's a central, round room that's like surrounded by both the kitchen and moon room, but idk how that figures into the general layout and I definitely could be wrong as it's all really confusing!
The real answer is, we need a baking vid to clear up the kitchen layout now pls boys
I'm thinking this. Maybe that is the living room though?

I swear to god when they move out next week if we don't get a flat tour to clear this shit up I'm going to find Fabrice and bribe him into getting rid of Phil's emo fringe, and re-dyeing Dans hair purple.

(I really want someone to take one for the team and do a few lay-out mock ups on the sims just so I can see it in my head better)
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
BuffyFiona
sofa crease

bluebox-away wrote: It kinda makes me think that there's a central, round room that's like surrounded by both the kitchen and moon room, but idk how that figures into the general layout and I definitely could be wrong as it's all really confusing!
This is what I've also been thinking about: we've seen multiple circular walls, but only convex ones... there must be something behind those, but we haven't seen any with concave walls to match... I was assuming the moon-themed room might be within a moon-shaped room (by which I mean, a circle), but instead there are just more convex walls!

Why is there a giant circle with nothing in it? Maybe it's the bathrooms/closets/elevator shaft/I have no idea...

I'm very bad at spacial awareness but I wanna know what's behind all those circular walls!
Sinister Shipper
drama llama

Whommel wrote:Just read something about a hair straightener on the floor in the ls, did any of you notice that and if so at what time was it?
At 2:19 what looks to be a power strip/power bar could very easily look like a hair straightener at a quick glance
Whommel
sofa crease
Pronouns: They/them

Sinister Shipper wrote:
Whommel wrote:Just read something about a hair straightener on the floor in the ls, did any of you notice that and if so at what time was it?
At 2:19 what looks to be a power strip/power bar could very easily look like a hair straightener at a quick glance
Yeah, that is definitely a power bar, not a hair straightener. Thanks :)
droopy
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

bluebox-away wrote:
Susanisnotafish wrote:

Wow, I go away for a couple days and you guys have a floorplan brainstorm without me? anyway, just my 2 cents that this pic of Phil is taken from the kitchen, cause it seems to line up with the shot of dan sat under the fridge from his recent video with the grey cupboards being the fridge/freezer..

+1 to everything bluebox-away said, plus - the bamboo (does it have a name? i forgot soz) was behind Phil in at least one liveshow, if not more, so unless they're moving the bamboo from room to room, this pic was most likely taken in the space where Phil does his liveshows (which I personally believe is on an island near their kitchen). Also, the lighting in the Phil-bamboo picture seems off if it were in the moon room. It seems like a lot of natural light coming in from the right, which leads me to believe that the lounge where Dan was having his Politics and Pizza™ (and where there was all those floor-length windows) is offscreen to the right.
autumnhearth
senpai

Viofish wrote:not sure if this was mentioned before (this thread has lots of info and moves fasttt) but in the stop emo shaming video, when dan is going downstairs from their upstairs lounge, you can see a "shoe rack" of some sort that is white and against the wall.

and usually people keep shoe racks near or next the entrance of their homes, so.... it is likely that downstairs is where the entrance is.

IMO their layout has 3 floors, but the bottom one is a one room basement.

Bottom floor probably a basement that was meant for storage. (speculated third floor)
-gaming room (because the picture dan recently took of phil looks like he had to be at a higher elevation to get that angle, unless he held he arms above him to take it. So there are stairs that lead directly up from that bottom room area to the main floor.)

Main floor
-entrance to their flat
-Moon room + ensuite bathroom
-Phil's bedroom
-Small lounge with their old couch
-Dan's filming space behind the glass wall
- white shoe shelf in the hallway as seen above

Top floor
-large open lounge with dan's gaming pc corner
-possibly the kitchen which is adjacent to where Phil livestreams, because he does it on the top floor where dan's clickety keyboard is
- the stair case right next to dan's desk. see below

I honestly think the gaming room is the bottom floor because there aren't any windows and there are stairs that lead directly into the room.
Viofish your list makes things nice and organized and I also agree with everything except the gaming room location. Phil said the gaming room is on the other side of the small lounge sofa wall. (I wish I wasn't on vacation with just my iPad or I'd sketch.) I wouldn't be surprised if Phil's room and the gaming room are next to each other, but neither are on an unknown/third floor from what they've told us. I think they both have a small rectangular window in them, just with the blinds always down for filming and the same color as the wall.
Edit: erm exactly what moaninglisa said, thanks for the pic!

I don't know if this will help anyone visualize, and obviously it's incomplete, but picture a rectangle or a sheet of paper oriented like a portrait. The top left hand corner is where they held their liveshow (the corner of the "slounge" where the old sofa is) the left edge of the rectangle or sheet of paper near the top is the wall the sofa is against, on the other side on that wall is the gaming room. The top of the rectangle or paper on the far left is the dark panel/wall where their Muse poster is hanging, a little bit right of that is a glass wall behind which is Dan's little DINOF room. So gaming to the left, DINOF on top, beyond that we know nothing of the orientation on the downstairs. Yeah?

I agree that the curved wall where Phil is standing and where he does his liveshows is upstairs, probably above the moon room (it would just make sense architecturally) open to the upstairs lounge and facing the kitchen. I just am confused by the area directly to the left. It looks like a half glass wall but doesn't have a metal railing like by the piano nook. We have seen one concave circular wall in Dan's Tinder sketch, presumably next to the main enterance, but it was much smaller than the two convex ones we've seen.

Yes they used the word duplex in the first ls (thanks for the definition Viofish, don't picture townhouse, just two floors they own in a larger complex) yes Dan said something about seven floors before, but it was during a ls where he used the number seven to describe two other completely unrelated things, I think he just uses that number for "fun"

As for moving things around, well they did do that with the plants. The bamboo named Plantzilla was in one Phil liveshow before being moved outside and being temporarily replaced by a different plant (Piper? Phoebe?) which was previously seen in the concave niche by the doors in Dan's Tinder sketch, gotta dash again!
kindofatrashcan
Pronouns: She/Her

BuffyFiona wrote:
bluebox-away wrote: It kinda makes me think that there's a central, round room that's like surrounded by both the kitchen and moon room, but idk how that figures into the general layout and I definitely could be wrong as it's all really confusing!
This is what I've also been thinking about: we've seen multiple circular walls, but only convex ones... there must be something behind those, but we haven't seen any with concave walls to match... I was assuming the moon-themed room might be within a moon-shaped room (by which I mean, a circle), but instead there are just more convex walls!

Why is there a giant circle with nothing in it? Maybe it's the bathrooms/closets/elevator shaft/I have no idea...

I'm very bad at spacial awareness but I wanna know what's behind all those circular walls!

I was thinking the same thing, from an architectural point of view, there has to be curved walls on the gaming channel/phil's bedroom, i mean it isn't logical to have one of those walls only in two floors. What make sense to me is to have the elements of the house that are repetitive in every floor so the wall it must appear in every floor.

Am i making sense? i'm trying to explain something that i spent the last six years learning in a complete different language :facepalm:
sparkle
blobfish

kindofatrashcan wrote:
I was thinking the same thing, from an architectural point of view, there has to be curved walls on the gaming channel/phil's bedroom, i mean it isn't logical to have one of those walls only in two floors. What make sense to me is to have the elements of the house that are repetitive in every floor so the wall it must appear in every floor.

Am i making sense? i'm trying to explain something that i spent the last six years learning in a complete different language :facepalm:
unless those walls aren't load bearing. I know jack shit about architecture, but I'd assume curved walls wouldn't be load bearing, therefore they could just be there for the aesthetical value on one floor.

edit: I love how one live show has sparked so much discussion A* Dan.
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
Sinister Shipper
drama llama

what I have a questing about is the slounge from the "so many boxes joint live stream. In the glass wall part, you can see a reflection of the other side of the room. Am I seeing a fireplace underneath their mirror? Also, can anyone else make out what is just beyond that wall that has the mirror? Kinda sorta looks like it could be a kitchen but i actually think the kitchen is upstairs next to the wall of windows lounge.

This place is so confusing
kindofatrashcan
Pronouns: She/Her

sparkle wrote:
unless those walls aren't load bearing. I know jack shit about architecture, but I'd assume curved walls wouldn't be load bearing, therefore they could just be there for the aesthetical value on one floor.
yeah, maybe, but those things are expensive to make only for the aesthetical value, and doing it in an apartment bulding doesn't make sense economically. Not even if they are really living in a really over the top expensive building.

edit: Oh! i've been upgraded to smol bean i'm emotional
anime_is_not_cool
living flop

okay, i created this beautiful professional piece of art earlier today and thought that it was too stalker-y to post, but since we are doing that now...
it's basically the same as obscureDnPreference's, but the door to the blue light place and the white closet doors are the other way around (and there are 2 windows) (and i have some theories that i marked with dashed lines, that i don't even fully believe in myself, but just thought i would post bc the room is really confusing):
(the thing under "wimbledon selfie mirror"/next to the circle wall is the door/dark colored wall/thing that was visible when dan turned the camera to show the rug, i just forgot to name it lol)

theory 1: my english skills end here but luckily we live on an era where you can communicate via pictures on the internet. bc i think the blue-light-place-door might be positioned like this:
some screenshots ("some", more like every frame from when he was turning the camera):
because in the first screenshot it looks like the door is part of the circle wall, but in the middle screenshot it looks like it's on the closet wall. so at least i see it as a weird hole in the corner, based on the screenshots i just cant position it on either of the walls. but it might be just the poor webcam quality+low fps video+dan turning the camera vertically while moving it so the angle is different in the last 2 screenshots

theory 2: some of the walls might be inclinated, oblique, tf is the right word. i've been trying to do realistic art for years, and based on my Knowledge Of Perspective, the angle between phils mirror -wall and wirrow art(/shoe rack) -wall looks a bit weird. the wall is really short (width wise, wtf is this language, i'm giving up) as the mirror is right next to the shoe rack and they basically take all the space, but the wall still looks really wide from even that perspective that we are seeing it from. and the top part that connects to the ceiling also kinda makes it look like it could be not-a-90°angle.
Image (stealing squishydanny's screenshot)
and if there is one inclinated/oblique wall, why wouldn't there be other one? because in the live show you could see that the circle wall isn't like in obscureDnPreference's drawing, it's more like a round angle, not half circle. but in the wimbledon outfit selfie you can clearly see that the circle wall is not connected to the closet wall as it would if it was just a round 90° angle, and that the wall goes further than we can see (leaving space for the blue-light-room -door)

but tbh the wimbledon selfie could also be taken in completely different room, and dan has just moved the mirror or they own another similar looking mirror. idk anything and should probably move into analyzing their whole apartment as that seems to be the trend here and dan's room is kinda old news now :D
iihappydaysii
glabella

kindofatrashcan wrote:
sparkle wrote:
yeah, maybe, but those things are expensive to make only for the aesthetical value, and doing it in an apartment bulding doesn't make sense economically. Not even if they are really living in a really over the top expensive building.

This is a stretch but could plumbing and/or air ducts be in there? Especially if the circular room touches every room in the house in someway? Like it would basically operate the way my crawl space does on my single level house. Which is why we only see the convex walls. Maybe it's too big to just be that though. Maybe there are secret rooms in there.....lol. If it's two floors and gaming and phil room (not giving up that it's near the game room yet) are the back of the bottom floor then with the way the film we'd never see the curve there.
sparkle
blobfish

iihappydaysii wrote:
kindofatrashcan wrote:
sparkle wrote:

This is a stretch but could plumbing and/or air ducts be in there? Especially if the circular room touches every room in the house in someway? Like it would basically operate the way my crawl space does on my single level house. Which is why we only see the convex walls. Maybe it's too big to just be that though. Maybe there are secret rooms in there.....lol. If it's two floors and gaming and phil room (not giving up that it's near the game room yet) are the back of the bottom floor then with the way the film we'd never see the curve there.
so what you're saying is phan sex dungeon?

Gotcha
don't waste your time
or time will waste you