Dan & Phil Part 51: Master of Erotic Massages

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Sinister Shipper
drama llama

sparkle wrote:
iihappydaysii wrote:
kindofatrashcan wrote:
sparkle wrote:
unless those walls aren't load bearing. I know jack shit about architecture, but I'd assume curved walls wouldn't be load bearing, therefore they could just be there for the aesthetical value on one floor.
yeah, maybe, but those things are expensive to make only for the aesthetical value, and doing it in an apartment bulding doesn't make sense economically. Not even if they are really living in a really over the top expensive building.

edit: Oh! i've been upgraded to smol bean i'm emotional
This is a stretch but could plumbing and/or air ducts be in there? Especially if the circular room touches every room in the house in someway? Like it would basically operate the way my crawl space does on my single level house. Which is why we only see the convex walls. Maybe it's too big to just be that though. Maybe there are secret rooms in there.....lol. If it's two floors and gaming and phil room (not giving up that it's near the game room yet) are the back of the bottom floor then with the way the film we'd never see the curve there.
so what you're saying is phan sex dungeon?

Gotcha

Yes! Yes! Yes!!
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

So, Hazel Hayes opened up all her merch on her instagram story today. (It's pretty great - she's got PJs and a journal, amongst other things... I might get the PJs.) But it confirmed what I think we all had already guessed:

That's an IRL Store sticker. Deps (+ Martyn) are building an empire~
obscureDnPreference
procrastinator
Pronouns: she/her/hers

autumnhearth wrote:
As for moving things around, well they did do that with the plants. The bamboo named Plantzilla was in one Phil liveshow before being moved outside and being temporarily replaced by a different plant (Piper? Phoebe?) which was previously seen in the concave niche by the doors in Dan's Tinder sketch, gotta dash again!
The plant is Paige! He picked the name out of a live show chat.

And I only remember because it's my name and I was like wtf no one names anything Paige.
"This is not children's television. I'm 26, I'm depressed, and I need edgy jokes to cope with my anxiety."
Daniel Howell, 10/30/17
sunshinias
spork
Pronouns: she/her

So I attempted to stitch together the moon room from the different angles we were shown and it kind of worked but it's not really to proportion and it's kind of warped

:sunshine: ~let in a little sunshine~ :sunshine:
obscureDnPreference
procrastinator

anime_is_not_cool wrote:okay, i created this beautiful professional piece of art earlier today and thought that it was too stalker-y to post, but since we are doing that now...
it's basically the same as obscureDnPreference's, but the door to the blue light place and the white closet doors are the other way around (and there are 2 windows) (and i have some theories that i marked with dashed lines, that i don't even fully believe in myself, but just thought i would post bc the room is really confusing):
(the thing under "wimbledon selfie mirror"/next to the circle wall is the door/dark colored wall/thing that was visible when dan turned the camera to show the rug, i just forgot to name it lol)

theory 1: my english skills end here but luckily we live on an era where you can communicate via pictures on the internet. bc i think the blue-light-place-door might be positioned like this:
some screenshots ("some", more like every frame from when he was turning the camera):
because in the first screenshot it looks like the door is part of the circle wall, but in the middle screenshot it looks like it's on the closet wall. so at least i see it as a weird hole in the corner, based on the screenshots i just cant position it on either of the walls. but it might be just the poor webcam quality+low fps video+dan turning the camera vertically while moving it so the angle is different in the last 2 screenshots

theory 2: some of the walls might be inclinated, oblique, tf is the right word. i've been trying to do realistic art for years, and based on my Knowledge Of Perspective, the angle between phils mirror -wall and wirrow art(/shoe rack) -wall looks a bit weird. the wall is really short (width wise, wtf is this language, i'm giving up) as the mirror is right next to the shoe rack and they basically take all the space, but the wall still looks really wide from even that perspective that we are seeing it from. and the top part that connects to the ceiling also kinda makes it look like it could be not-a-90°angle.
Image (stealing squishydanny's screenshot)
and if there is one inclinated/oblique wall, why wouldn't there be other one? because in the live show you could see that the circle wall isn't like in obscureDnPreference's drawing, it's more like a round angle, not half circle. but in the wimbledon outfit selfie you can clearly see that the circle wall is not connected to the closet wall as it would if it was just a round 90° angle, and that the wall goes further than we can see (leaving space for the blue-light-room -door)

but tbh the wimbledon selfie could also be taken in completely different room, and dan has just moved the mirror or they own another similar looking mirror. idk anything and should probably move into analyzing their whole apartment as that seems to be the trend here and dan's room is kinda old news now :D
You def took my crappy paint drawing to the next level and figured out way more. I think you've got it pretty damn right. Go you!!!
"This is not children's television. I'm 26, I'm depressed, and I need edgy jokes to cope with my anxiety."
Daniel Howell, 10/30/17
quercussp
living flop

sunshinias wrote:So I attempted to stitch together the moon room from the different angles we were shown and it kind of worked but it's not really to proportion and it's kind of warped

This is incredible! I think there is also an angle of the door next to the fancy silver mirror in Dan's emo video when Dan is taking a myspace style selfie, I don't think that was mentioned before
Vanderlyle
spork

obscureDnPreference wrote:
anime_is_not_cool wrote:okay, i created this beautiful professional piece of art earlier today and thought that it was too stalker-y to post, but since we are doing that now...
it's basically the same as obscureDnPreference's, but the door to the blue light place and the white closet doors are the other way around (and there are 2 windows) (and i have some theories that i marked with dashed lines, that i don't even fully believe in myself, but just thought i would post bc the room is really confusing):
(the thing under "wimbledon selfie mirror"/next to the circle wall is the door/dark colored wall/thing that was visible when dan turned the camera to show the rug, i just forgot to name it lol)

theory 1: my english skills end here but luckily we live on an era where you can communicate via pictures on the internet. bc i think the blue-light-place-door might be positioned like this:
some screenshots ("some", more like every frame from when he was turning the camera):
because in the first screenshot it looks like the door is part of the circle wall, but in the middle screenshot it looks like it's on the closet wall. so at least i see it as a weird hole in the corner, based on the screenshots i just cant position it on either of the walls. but it might be just the poor webcam quality+low fps video+dan turning the camera vertically while moving it so the angle is different in the last 2 screenshots

theory 2: some of the walls might be inclinated, oblique, tf is the right word. i've been trying to do realistic art for years, and based on my Knowledge Of Perspective, the angle between phils mirror -wall and wirrow art(/shoe rack) -wall looks a bit weird. the wall is really short (width wise, wtf is this language, i'm giving up) as the mirror is right next to the shoe rack and they basically take all the space, but the wall still looks really wide from even that perspective that we are seeing it from. and the top part that connects to the ceiling also kinda makes it look like it could be not-a-90°angle.
Image (stealing squishydanny's screenshot)
and if there is one inclinated/oblique wall, why wouldn't there be other one? because in the live show you could see that the circle wall isn't like in obscureDnPreference's drawing, it's more like a round angle, not half circle. but in the wimbledon outfit selfie you can clearly see that the circle wall is not connected to the closet wall as it would if it was just a round 90° angle, and that the wall goes further than we can see (leaving space for the blue-light-room -door)

but tbh the wimbledon selfie could also be taken in completely different room, and dan has just moved the mirror or they own another similar looking mirror. idk anything and should probably move into analyzing their whole apartment as that seems to be the trend here and dan's room is kinda old news now :D
You def took my crappy paint drawing to the next level and figured out way more. I think you've got it pretty damn right. Go you!!!

THIS APARTMENT LORD HELP. i don't understand and i am getting more and more confused!

what about the main staircase from the beginning of the Tinder video? (and a weird door to the left)
i took this to staircase to also be the half glass wall we see in phil's plant pic

(also at :30 we see the wall (storage?) from the Wimbledon selfie

or perhaps there actually is a mezzanine?
cherrybomb3
cheeky #spon
Pronouns: he/him

well i for one certainly agree with the idea expressed previously that interest with the world of dan and phil is declining precipitously
quercussp
living flop

[offtopic]Just saw on Tumblr that Marcus Butlers video was taken down because of copyright [/offtopic]
obscureDnPreference
procrastinator

cherrybomb3 wrote:well i for one certainly agree with the idea expressed previously that interest with the world of dan and phil is declining precipitously
Clearly
Daniel Howell, 10/30/17
liola
rankussy

sunshinias wrote:So I attempted to stitch together the moon room from the different angles we were shown and it kind of worked but it's not really to proportion and it's kind of warped

I bow down to you, for this incredible work of art
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
Vanderlyle
spork

cherrybomb3 wrote:well i for one certainly agree with the idea expressed previously that interest with the world of dan and phil is declining precipitously
idc where you they sleep, i just need to see this place! it looks so cool - i am redecorating my apartment and i need the D&P-HGTV channel
obscureDnPreference
procrastinator

998274 wrote:[offtopic]Just saw on Tumblr that Marcus Butlers video was taken down because of copyright [/offtopic]
He did a really creepy vid today where he and some other tuber guessed the age of young women. :wtf:
Daniel Howell, 10/30/17
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

998274 wrote:[offtopic]Just saw on Tumblr that Marcus Butlers video was taken down because of copyright [/offtopic]
Yes, good to see that. If it sticks, maybe people like him will think again.

Tickled by the Charmed names, autumnhearth. I'd forgotten the name and Piper sounded plausible for a plant.
sparkle
blobfish

Can I just say, I love each and everyone of the Phan detectives.

I wish we had a reddit gold system becauseI am truly impressed by how much sleuthing we are able to do
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
Vanderlyle
spork

MAYBE

the april fools video this year will be the full apartment tour, but at the end they say they are moving again.

i would not care though, because all that matters to me in the world is understanding this place because it is like a gigantic spacial logic puzzle
thephandommenace
procrastinator
Pronouns: they/them

Wow... my head hurts. But I'm very impressed at the MI6 level sleuthing going on here. that liveshow was the gift that keeps on giving. Phil liveshow tomorrow so hold on to your magnifying glasses!
All I've done is Google 'London duplex curved walls' and spent more time than necessary drooling over apartments I'll never be able to afford.
Vanderlyle wrote:MAYBE

the april fools video this year will be the full apartment tour, but at the end they say they are moving again.

i would not care though, because all that matters to me in the world is understanding this place because it is like a gigantic spacial logic puzzle
I'd love that - even better, they reveal at the end that they've been stood in front of a green screen and they reveal that they've already moved into their new apartment
sparkle
blobfish

thephandommenace wrote: I'd love that - even better, they reveal at the end that they've been stood in front of a green screen and they reveal that they've already moved into their new apartment
or this is Martyn's apartment, or the base for the IRL store, and they've been staying with him and Cornelia while they sort out the Forever Home™
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
iihappydaysii
glabella

so long as they provide distraction from the crippling weight of life's responsibilities and the ever-looming specter of a difficult and uncertain future Dan and Phil will be fine

So where were we? Oh yes...I've been doing some research on the history of plumbing in the U.K. and I believe I've figured out the type of piping that runs to their toilets...
malday
emo goose

it is, this is just passion for interior design, nothing more.
thephandommenace wrote:I'd love that - even better, they reveal at the end that they've been stood in front of a green screen and they reveal that they've already moved into their new apartment
you guys are mixing up your theories. It's apartment> apartment > house with a koi pond, not another apartment.
Lucyrg95
sofa crease

I had to log in and just applaud you for this work gold star for you
thephandommenace
procrastinator
Pronouns: they/them

sparkle wrote:
thephandommenace wrote: I'd love that - even better, they reveal at the end that they've been stood in front of a green screen and they reveal that they've already moved into their new apartment
or this is Martyn's apartment, or the base for the IRL store, and they've been staying with him and Cornelia while they sort out the Forever Home™
Funny you should mention store (i.e. offices)... this image came up on Google while I was searching for 'round walls'
malday wrote:
thephandommenace wrote:I'd love that - even better, they reveal at the end that they've been stood in front of a green screen and they reveal that they've already moved into their new apartment
you guys are mixing up your theories. It's apartment> apartment > house with a koi pond, not another apartment.

You've got me - my brain is fried from all this apartment discourse
iwishiwasacasual
glabella

oh yeah totally no one gives a shit anymore, dan and phil who?

honestly i don't know whether i should be concerned for all you guy's well beings or just amused and amazed at what you've achieved in the past day.
anime_is_not_cool
living flop

iwishiwasacasual wrote: honestly i don't know whether i should be concerned for all you guy's well beings or just amused and amazed at what you've achieved in the past day.
fun fact, i had a day off today and my plans included making a portfolio that i should had done 2 years ago, and which could like actually get me a job. i also had an oppoturnity to use my pc which has been rare this month as i'm moving, and i have videos to edit, photos to organize...

yall know what i did, i spent 5 hours analyzing the shit out of the walls of danny's room

sunshinias, that was all i've been dreaming of
sunshinias
spork

I don't think anyone brought this one up yet:

Did we figure out where this was? Was it the slounge?
998274 wrote:This is incredible! I think there is also an angle of the door next to the fancy silver mirror in Dan's emo video when Dan is taking a myspace style selfie, I don't think that was mentioned before
liola wrote:I bow down to you, for this incredible work of art
Lucyrg95 wrote:I had to log in and just applaud you for this work gold star for you
anime_is_not_cool wrote:sunshinias, that was all i've been dreaming of

Thank you
:sunshine: ~let in a little sunshine~ :sunshine: