Dan & Phil Part 51: Master of Erotic Massages

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
albion
drama llama

I'm surprised no one has pointed out yet how odd everything phil talked about today was. His "mind went blank" twice when asked about his week! It reminds me of the amount of times they were working on stuff to later reveal and the previous liveshows would be so boring because they just couldn't talk about the thing they were actually doing.

The fact that "what he did this week" consisted on: the make-a-wish thing, going to the optician, that his mum is coming to town, and the amount of awkward silences make it suspicious enough to make me think there's something happening.

But even not considering that: they've said they couldn't do SITC this year because they had "other commitments", and that's next weekend. Plus the fact of the ever so mentioned March "ask me in 5 months" which also happens to be august.

Now, i'm not 100% sold on the moving again thing, but something's happening next week, i can tell

edit: oh god i've been playing messiah and got top of the page. i'll take it as a sign.
confusedpanda
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: Her/she

I'm surprised no ones posted this photo yet. Next to Phil's head on the right, there's what appears to be a painting in the far background. I'm not sure how much this helps with much of anything but there's this.
We're here, we're queer, we're filled with existential fear!
gif cred: pseudophan on tumblr
Sinister Shipper
drama llama

confusedpanda wrote: I'm surprised no ones posted this photo yet. Next to Phil's head on the right, there's what appears to be a painting in the far background. I'm not sure how much this helps with much of anything but there's this.

Looks like that could be a doorway, maybe the kitchen??
SneakyLizard
butt chair

captainspacecoat wrote:Re: Phil's liveshow - Pleasant, but nothing special. He seemed kind of distracted/not fully into it, but I think that's probably because of the pupil dilation. I've had that done before and it's really unpleasant, it's difficult to concentrate on anything as your eyes feel so sensitive to light. I'd bet that's why he didn't seem as present as he usually does, when I had it done I went straight home and lay down in a dark room for hours so kudos to him for getting on with his liveshow.
This is exactly what I was thinking. Poor dear was probably feeling pretty bad. I'm impressed he didn't cancel, honestly. Last time I had it done I think I got a migraine... it's just not a fun experience and your eyes are so, so sensitive afterward.

Fascinating discussion these last few days, affectionately nosy and tongue-in-cheek, like we do here :platonic: I love it.

Not sure if I'm on Team Moving Soon (look, I've been in my new place six months and I've not unpacked fully or even put all my art on the walls) but something is definitely up. I get the feeling August is going to be an interesting month in the Dan and Phil house and by extension, here.
we walk among you
malday
emo goose

albion wrote: But even not considering that: they've said they couldn't do SITC this year because they had "other commitments", and that's next weekend.
It could be that's when they are entertaining Phil's parents visiting London.
albion wrote: It reminds me of the amount of times they were working on stuff to later reveal and the previous liveshows would be so boring because they just couldn't talk about the thing they were actually doing
They haven't yet revealed the thing Dan said they did in February.
Of course, maybe Dan is clacking in the background of Phil's liveshow not because he's playing guild wars but because he's writing that trashy novel he's going to publish.
iihappydaysii
glabella

malday wrote:
albion wrote: But even not considering that: they've said they couldn't do SITC this year because they had "other commitments", and that's next weekend.
albion wrote: It reminds me of the amount of times they were working on stuff to later reveal and the previous liveshows would be so boring because they just couldn't talk about the thing they were actually doing
They haven't yet revealed the thing Dan said they did in February.
Of course, maybe Dan is clacking in the background of Phil's liveshow not because he's playing guild wars but because he's writing that trashy novel he's going to publish.

I don't know about trashy novel like he said lol but I actual think he's a good writer from what we've seen and I'd happily buy some fiction he's wrote. Might be worth trying. For all we know he's already out there publishing under a pen name.
secretagentphan
procrastinator

Idk if it's been discussed but Phil said he has 8mm pupils in the live show and having pupils that big means you're not a good candidate for lasik eye surgery because it can screw up his vision and make things look like they have a glare at night.(I wanted lasik but got advised against it because Of this). :( he talked about wanting it recently so I feel bad.

On a lighter note I LOVED Dans emp discussion and how it made him feel more accepted with being queer. I experienced something similar when I found people like David Bowie and especially Lou Reed. Idk it just made me really happy because he was so open about it. I was on MySpace and even though I was on the indie side more than emo (which actually had a lot of good lgbt bands too) it was interesting seeing someone else's view on it! Also I am HERE for these phan theories lol! They better tell us what's up soon or I'll die of curiosity.
autumnhearth
senpai
Pronouns: she/her

Finally got to watch the ls after sneaking peaks over here and on Tumblr. I thought perhaps folks were reading too much into the reflections being intentional by Phil, but goodness he sure moved that glass around for a good while... the iridescence is cool but I don't really know what I'm seeing in the reflection besides windows and what appears to be a copper canister on top of a white shelf? I agree with captainspacecoat on him being upstairs, slightly to the left of what we've seen of the lounge.
obscureDnPreference wrote:Took some screenshots of the chat for us to analyze.

In this one I see a large window to the right and a door open to a hallway in the middle. It looks like he is sitting at a white table with blackish chairs.

But in this one it looks like there are two sets of windows and his glasses indicate that as well.
He mentioned some very interesting things in this ls that I could go full on. I'll share the thoughts I had while watching even if I don't fully believe them.

1. His parents are coming into town, as several of you have mentioned for different reasons, but the thing Phil was most concerned with was what to do with them while their visiting. He thought the theatre would be good and the first play he mentioned was Mama Mia, which he thought would be the ideal play to take your mum too, obviously "mama", but Mama Mia is also about... a wedding!

(Yes, yes, this quickly gets replaced by the popularity of Wicked. Phan wedding ruined by the Wicked fandom. Damnit. Stop jumping ship people!)

2. He talks about his favorite items of clothing. After his red jacket, which he has on hand, he mentions his suit jacket that he wears to weddings and thinks he looks quite nice in.

(Maybe he'll get married in a bold red suit and is letting us know in advance that he doesn't care what we think. Maybe his brother is getting married to Cornelia, she's got bright red hair. Obvious conclusion.)

3. He congratulates someone in the chat on getting their first apartment... in August. He wonders what the rituals are for getting a new house. Mentions August a couple more times, uses the phrase "moving" on into fall

(This one is self explanatory)

So clearly the Lesters are in town for a wedding and are moving asap.

Or they really are just there for Kathryn's birthday and that's why they can't attend SitC. Sounds boring, I'll stick to my theories. Come on August!
Viofish
glabella

autumnhearth wrote: He mentioned some very interesting things in this ls that I could go full on. I'll share the thoughts I had while watching even if I don't fully believe them.

1. His parents are coming into town, as several of you have mentioned for different reasons, but the thing Phil was most concerned with was what to do with them while their visiting. He thought the theatre would be good and the first play he mentioned was Mama Mia, which he thought would be the ideal play to take your mum too, obviously "mama", but Mama Mia is also about... a wedding!

(Yes, yes, this quickly gets replaced by the popularity of Wicked. Phan wedding ruined by the Wicked fandom. Damnit. Stop jumping ship people!)
If it is true, them being extremely busy this week, due to their "secret project", definitely made phil neglect the fact that his mum's birthday was coming up. even tho we know how much he loves mama lester Therefore, he had no time on his hands to research fun activities to do in london, or make any solid plan's.

Then, when asking the chat if there were any cool places to go in london, he genuinely looked "frantic" and a little stressed. Unprepared and last minute doesn't really sound like a phil characteristic....but today's liveshow made him out to be like that. This secret project must be taking up a lot of their time
"when you finna nut but no one wants to help with your kink"
mintsans
sofa crease

Welcome to 2017, the year every thing Dan and Phil say gives you a severe case of "I think I read this in this one fic..." :?

What a time to be alive.

I hope they get lent those Victoria and Albert museum patron passes again and can take the Lester's there, it seems like they have some cool exhibits (Balenciaga retrospective and a Pink Floyd thing). I sometimes get a bit salty at the thought of them living in one of the most culturally active cities in the world, with enough disposable income to spend and yet they hardly ever seem to leave their flat. For example if I was Dan, being such a "big fan" I would have totally gone and experienced the rare unicorn that is Frank Ocean performing live :(

When Phil said we did he mean Martyn and himself or was that just him vagueing about including dan on fam plans again?
captainspacecoat
stress mushroom

malday wrote:
Oh damn, you could be right! Imagine if after all our theorising over what could possibly be the reason behind Dan and Phil shunning SITC again it turns out to just be because it's Phil's mum's birthday that same weekend
mintsans wrote: When Phil said we did he mean Martyn and himself or was that just him vagueing about including dan on fam plans again?
Dan is usually included in the plans it seems - he went along to The Book of Mormon for Phil's parents' Christmas present in 2016, as well as to the Motown musical + a museum when Phil's parents visited for Kathryn's birthday last year. I'd assume Dan would be invited again, although I guess we won't know until/unless they tell us about it.

Also secretagentphan that's sad about Phil's pupils being possibly too wide for laser eye surgery - if that's true I imagine he was pretty disappointed :(
JustMe
living flop
Pronouns: She/her

obscureDnPreference wrote:Took some screenshots of the chat for us to analyze.

This is what I see (it wont display so have to link):

http://imgur.com/gallery/xT5Qc

Definitely think the balcony is opposite him, and I think it could be Dan's hand holding a mouse or a drinking glass sitting at a desk or table, but could be totally wrong there. Also, it looks like a copper vase is in front of the opposing wall.
~ I'll be bold as well as strong and use my head alongside my heart ~
squishydanny
crusty sponge

alright, i am totally on board. these shady motherfuckers are moving.

or dan's big august reveal is just about that youtube/japanese/video game thing that that random filmmaking company is working on (someone linked a tweet about a few weeks ago)((im sorry its almost 4 am and i have the memory of a knat))

i'll take a look at the reflection screenshots when i wake up in a few hours ;)
flarequake
not an airport stalker

Interrupting one set of analysis for another, there's a very thorough post about Dan's story The Urge on Tumblr, under a cut as it's very long.
[tumblr] <div class="tumblr-post" data-href="https://embed.tumblr.com/embed/post/3cj ... 1707354737" data-did="1e5997d4b4e28989bc7e7c3d1f7e3640f04a0330">[/tumblr]

My thoughts... I agree with most of it, though I didn’t find the initial revelation of what had happened to Phil was shocking, the writing just hadn’t got me there by then (I found his flowery language a bit too much generally).

I’m not sure you can be certain blood is a particular fear of his from reading this either. The visceral description of it leaving Phil’s body is enough for anyone to be horrified anyway, it’s his life force leaving his body and leaving him dead.

The end where Dan gives in and drinks the blood I thought was his primal need to live, but you might be right. The thought of wanting to get rid of this creepy imposter, but then ending up living with them for all eternity… maybe it’s okay if you’ve also become s creepy imposter of yourself.
tacitus
crusty sponge

Sinister Shipper wrote:
confusedpanda wrote: I'm surprised no ones posted this photo yet. Next to Phil's head on the right, there's what appears to be a painting in the far background. I'm not sure how much this helps with much of anything but there's this.

Looks like that could be a doorway, maybe the kitchen??
Pretty sure this is the same area that Phil took the fidget spinner picture in!
We know because of the plant in the background that the close-up picture of him from today was taken where he does liveshows. And we know that the wall behind him in liveshows curves into some kind of storage cupboard off to the left:
If you flip the fidget spinner picture and have a look inside the little circular things, you'll see that there's a curved wall with a dip behind it to the left (where the cupboard is) and a brown wall to the right. So - fidget spinner, plant pic and today's pic were all taken in the same place. I also feel like the brown wall thing might be the kitchen! There are green and red shapes that look like they could be dials on an oven :D
sparkle
blobfish

new conspiracy theory for you.

Based on the evidence presented that they're sharing the moon room. And that Phil mentioned he couldn't sleep the other night and we're due an AP video...

'A Sleepless Night with Dan and Phil' as I way of subtly saying 'we sleep in the same space please dont make a big deal out of this'

maybe? Possibly? I think they're building to something and it would take some pretty hard anti-Phan logic to convince me otherwise. It honestly feels like they're kinda pointing out small and insignificant things that, when take together, show that they're not p l a t o n i c bros.
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
liola
rankussy

I've currently been awake for more than 50 hours now, I'm not sure I'm making any sense, but this just made my sleep deprived brain laugh.

Do you remember the "do you recognize the Dan video by a single pixel" quiz that Dan did?

This is what it feels like we're all playing. The thought is extremely amusing to me right now
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
interruptfireworks
delia smith

sparkle wrote:new conspiracy theory for you.

Based on the evidence presented that they're sharing the moon room. And that Phil mentioned he couldn't sleep the other night and we're due an AP video...

'A Sleepless Night with Dan and Phil' as I way of subtly saying 'we sleep in the same space please dont make a big deal out of this'

maybe? Possibly? I think they're building to something and it would take some pretty hard anti-Phan logic to convince me otherwise. It honestly feels like they're kinda pointing out small and insignificant things that, when take together, show that they're not p l a t o n i c bros.
oh i WISH but i feel like since they're so private about everything, even though they seem to be opening up more & more recently, they'd never do anything like that. although maybe at some point in the future they'll be /so/ open that they actually do that???? like we think right now is crazy for phan, let's wait for 2018 and beyond.
Sakura Selfie
rainbow nerd

a few people seem to be saying that they think they're moving because of the lack of personal items etc but I'm sure dans mentioned a few times he likes minimalism and to be fair after living in a small cluttered apartment after complaining about lack of storage for so long I can see why that aesthetic would be nice for them in the new place

I think phil getting flustered when asked to recommend places in London is probably to do with the fact when you recommend places it tends to be somewhere you enjoy going and I doubt he wanted to accidentally blurt out his favourite restaurants or places in case the phandom haven't managed to spot them there yet
000dia000
emo goose

Mark your timetables.
:cactus:
BSV
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

000dia000 wrote: Mark your timetables.
Yay! I wonder what happened? :?
leaveimreading
drama llama

(a little off topic) Dan said he might not do a liveshow next week because he might be busy and I've just realized Tuesday next week is August 1st. Is he trying to avoid all the questions the chat will throw at him about 'that week in march' or is this busyness related to moving/documentary or whatever they're up to

My perfect situation is them doing a surprise joint ls next week and announcing whatever they've been up to, but I feel like they'll both use some sort of excuse and not do any shows next week. Maybe that's why they haven't released gaming videos in the past few days. To upload them on Tuesday/Thursday and get out of doing a show?

I'm definitely getting sudden announcement vibes though. I swear to god if its another book..
loonyradish
living flop

[offtopic]Omg, I'm gone for like, a month, and all of a sudden we have videos and pictures of the moon room, what happened :o [/offtopic]
flarequake
not an airport stalker

loonyradish wrote:[offtopic]Omg, I'm gone for like, a month, and all of a sudden we have videos and pictures of the moon room, what happened :o [/offtopic]
Dan's liveshow was in his bedroom/dank dark moon cave. One pleasant hour that spawned days and pages of speculation
Susanisnotafish
flower crown

leaveimreading wrote:(a little off topic) Dan said he might not do a liveshow next week because he might be busy and I've just realized Tuesday next week is August 1st. Is he trying to avoid all the questions the chat will throw at him about 'that week in march' or is this busyness related to moving/documentary or whatever they're up to

My perfect situation is them doing a surprise joint ls next week and announcing whatever they've been up to, but I feel like they'll both use some sort of excuse and not do any shows next week. Maybe that's why they haven't released gaming videos in the past few days. To upload them on Tuesday/Thursday and get out of doing a show?

I'm definitely getting sudden announcement vibes though. I swear to god if its another book..
I think Dan maybe not doing a ls Aug. 1 is bc of Phil's mom's bday plans. They're so married.
"Rub those freckles all over me!" --Daniel Howell