Dan & Phil Part 51: Master of Erotic Massages

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
lurker
janice from the shop
Pronouns: they/them

alittledizzy wrote:Huh. That was... pretty boring. It was a Phil video so it was cute I guess, but it had a different vibe than previous sleepless nights. And not buying that he was awake all night filming that.
that's what i came to say-- i do buy it for the other sleepless nights vids (and they're actually one of my fav phil videos) because he really seems to get progressively more tired during these which i just didn't see for this one. i was also a bit disappointed that we got "playing random gaves that are supposed to be relaxing" and "fixing a drink in the kitchen" shots again, it made it less interesting as the video seemed slightly formulaic due to that. plus, he was supposedly trying not to wake dan up, but then hammering nails into the wall to hang up pictures? but it had some good moments (showing the sound proof tiles, talking about how he should have done "british boy tries american candy" a few years back, "i'm trying not to wake up dan", showing the gaming pc) and i still liked the overall relaxing vibe. like i said, i enjoy the series per se, i also enjoyed this video, i just guess it was my least favourite installment of it.

re: phil for showing the time when the download started: maybe he filmed parts of the videos earlier in the evening and the clips are not in chronological order -- the bit on the staircase seemed to be filmed at night judging from the lighting. i'm finding that i don't really care since the video didn't give me the feeling of an actually sleepless night in the first place. i wouldn't mind it being filmed at 2 in the afternoon if it had had the immersion which i had been hoping for.
Last edited by lurker on Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thank's you were great
phanieldann
tol bean
Pronouns: she/her

simmehchan wrote:
wow this really just out's this entire video has staged, i mean, he can do what he wants, i dont really care, but all the other videos really did FEEL authentic? but this one, its just like he decided to film us to throw us off on our theories?

i feel like the staging the context of a video to me more of a dan thing? like he lies about things all the time and we always catch him out, we rarely catch phil out on things like this

which makes me think this video was a rushed effort to either, annoy us theorists or tell us to shut up idk

(honestly he can do whatever he wants and i dont hold any bad feelings against deppy at all, just my two cents on the video)
phanieldann
tol bean

lurker wrote:
alittledizzy wrote:Huh. That was... pretty boring. It was a Phil video so it was cute I guess, but it had a different vibe than previous sleepless nights. And not buying that he was awake all night filming that.
that's what i came to say-- i do buy it for the other sleepless nights vids (and they're actually one of my fav phil videos) because he really seems to get progressively more tired during these which i just didn't see for this one. i was also a bit disappointed that we got "playing random gaves that are supposed to be relaxing" and "fixing a drink in the kitchen" shots again, it made it less interesting as the video seemed slightly formulaic due to that. plus, he was supposedly trying not to wake dan up, but then hammering nails into the wall to hang up pictures? but it had some good moments (showing the sound proof tiles, talking about how he should have done "british boy tries american candy" a few years back, "i'm trying not to wake up dan", showing the gaming pc) and i still liked the overall relaxing vibe. like i said, i enjoy the series per se, i also enjoyed this video, i just guess it was my least favourite installment of it.

also: lol @phil for showing the time when the download started. let's say, for fairness, maybe the computer is set to a different timezone...? (probably not) or he filmed parts of the videos earlier in the evening and the clips are not in chronological order -- the bit on the staircase seemed to be filmed at night judging from the lighting. i'm finding that i don't really care since the video didn't give me the feeling of an actually sleepless night in the first place. i wouldn't mind it being filmed at 2 in the afternoon if it had had the immersion which i had been hoping for.
we can assume it was filmed in the evening for sure, but likely around 8/9 pm? seeing as thats when the sun has been going down!

oh and I think he said he had the nail things put in (so i assumed some other time) and he just literally hung the pictures up that night??
citizen_erased
truth bomb

I thought this was a cute video, nothing too special, but I always feel like Phil shows a slightly different side of him in these compared to his regular videos, which I really appreciate.

The bit where he was trying to be all quiet so as not to wake up Dan was really cute (regardless of whether Dan was actually asleep because lbr). I also like that somehow it's totally fine for Phil to be walking around the entire house and talking out loud in the middle of the night, but he only has to be quiet on that one tiny staircase? I'll just put that down to 'phil logic' (or to 'filmed at different points during the day when it's totally fine' but y'know. whatever.)

I do love that apparently "big glass" translates to "let's just get a vase" in Phil's mind.

Could've done without the merch spon at the end, personally.
loonyradish
living flop

I mean, he could have paused that download some hours before and just continued it in the night. Although I can't think of a reason to pause it for so long, if it only takes 12 more minutes.
JustMe
living flop
Pronouns: She/her

Have to agree that it felt too staged for me to really enjoy it. Though I have two observations:
1. I think Phil forgot to bring his laptop charger downstairs from his actual bedroom to his set bedroom, because you can see him carrying it downstairs when he's trying to not wake Dan.
I totally imagine him tiptoeing into the(ir) bedroom when Dan's sleeping, trying to silently grab his charger while accidentally bumping into everything, finally finding it and filming himself going downstairs.
2. When he's in the bathroom you can see the wall is curved (concave), so we finally have a clue as to what's behind (one of the) convex walls.
Last edited by JustMe on Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~ I'll be bold as well as strong and use my head alongside my heart ~
phanieldann
tol bean

loonyradish wrote:I mean, he could have paused that download some hours before and just continued it in the night. Although I can't think of a reason to pause it for so long, if it only takes 12 more minutes.
he seeeemed to imply he started it right their and then, as he said, that he thought he'd be useful while being awake in the middle of the night??

totally possible, not very plausible though
fondsmiles
phabergé

I'm trying to figure out my emotions on this video, and it's a bit difficult.

At first I was like, uh, well, that seems a bit fake but whatever, you do you Phil.

But now I feel... sad. Because, he really does care that much, doesn't he? That we believe he sleeps in this room, that we believe that Dan was asleep during all of this, that this was real.
And that makes me worry a bit. Maybe this theorizing is affecting Phil more than I thought. Maybe he doesn't cope that well with most of the phandom mostly calmly assuming them to be in a relationship, maybe it does upset him and he dislikes what their shift in video filming behaviour has done to the phandom and our beliefs on them.

This video felt like he was trying hard, really really hard, to show us his story. And regardless of whether that story is true or not, that really doesn't matter here: It makes me think that he desperately wants us to believe something that he feels like we don't believe anymore. And fuck, that makes me sad. And a bit worried, whether we're doing something wrong here, whether I'm too casual in assuming things that haven't been stated.

I hate to think that the theorizing is affecting him in such a way that he needs to shoot a video like this one.
I very much hope that I am putting too much weight onto it right now and it's really not that deep though.
[x]
[x]
Sinister Shipper
drama llama

The video had its moments, Phil's still adorable no matter what. I'm not gonna say he lied in the video because I don't think Phil's a liar (that would be a harsh statement), maybe he's just trying to mislead everyone into thinking other things; to prove people and their theories wrong because maybe some things that he's been seeing/reading lately are making him uncomfortable therefore he feels the need to "take back the narritive" and send it in a direction he is comfortable with. Just because someone curves a story to how they want it to be perceived is like smoke and mirrors to hide things that they want to keep private, which both DnP have every right to do & sometimes I think that as a "fandom" (not just THE PHANDOM) in general feel they have the right to know everything. I'm not saying that's how everyone is so don't get upset by that statement, but some people feel like they have been slighted because they don't know every single detail regarding someones life. Every YouTuber keeps things private or at least has the right to, every YouTuber "lies" or misinforms their fans because once you give an inch, people expect a foot. DnP share exactly what they want to share and unless they give more, I'm content on just enjoying what they give us - whether that be a silly sleepless night video, an over the top gaming video, an all over the place, confusing collab or a sit down and just chat with a friend LS.
droopy
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

fondsmiles wrote:I'm trying to figure out my emotions on this video, and it's a bit difficult.

At first I was like, uh, well, that seems a bit fake but whatever, you do you Phil.

But now I feel... sad. Because, he really does care that much, doesn't he? That we believe he sleeps in this room, that we believe that Dan was asleep during all of this, that this was real.
And that makes me worry a bit. Maybe this theorizing is affecting Phil more than I thought. Maybe he doesn't cope that well with most of the phandom mostly calmly assuming them to be in a relationship, maybe it does upset him and he dislikes what their shift in video filming behaviour has done to the phandom and our beliefs on them.

This video felt like he was trying hard, really really hard, to show us his story. And regardless of whether that story is true or not, that really doesn't matter here: It makes me think that he desperately wants us to believe something that he feels like we don't believe anymore. And fuck, that makes me sad. And a bit worried, whether we're doing something wrong here, whether I'm too casual in assuming things that haven't been stated.

I hate to think that the theorizing is affecting him in such a way that he needs to shoot a video like this one.
I very much hope that I am putting too much weight onto it right now and it's really not that deep though.
Not to be dismissive of your thoughts and feelings on the video, but I wouldn't worry too much! Making this video because he's upset about fan speculation seems like a very uncharacteristic thing for Phil to do, especially given how he's dealt with these things in the past. I'd bet it had more to do with wanting to spon the new merch, or just wanting to get a video out there and not having anything else prepared. At the most, he might've been trying to throw speculators off the scent, but I don't think it came from a place of desperation or trapped-ness.

It does seem true that, if that isn't the room he sleeps in, it's not something he's comfortable sharing with his audience yet, but that doesn't mean the cause of the video was him feeling pressured into something he didn't want to do and retaliating. If that makes any sense.
phanieldann wrote: oh and I think he said he had the nail things put in (so i assumed some other time) and he just literally hung the pictures up that night??
lbr, he probably hung the art pieces up as soon as the nails were installed, and then took them down and put them back up just for the sake of this video.

i'm sorry phil, i'm not trying to drag you i swear, this is just super funny

I feel like the increasingly blatant fakeness of this video is making me like it more and more... I'll need to rewatch later with all of this in mind.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

I didn't like it. It was staged and boring, this series seems to have lost it's charm imo. It's not even subtle how much of this video was fake.. from the way acted and looked to the subjects like the room decorating, that American candy haul and the convenient merch lying around the bed he's trying to sleep in to plug at the end.

And then this.
simmehchan wrote:

Phil honey.. you're underestimating us. It's obvious that these are planned videos now in the same way he'd plan any video.

There were some new apartment angles which was nice.. he's still being sketchy about the other side of the broom closet tho.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
Philena
blobfish

fondsmiles wrote:I'm trying to figure out my emotions on this video, and it's a bit difficult.

I obviously don't know the truth of the situation, but I do think you may be worrying for no reason. Phil is following a formula. It was more than likely a scheduled video that followed the previous format almost exactly. That is why the video was boring to me. Not because he isn't cute, but because this has been done before.

I liked the butt bit, the bowling ball crushing his flower, and... that's about it. Also, he picked the worst American candies ever, btw. Those were like bottom of the barrel American candies.

The fact of the matter is that Phil makes videos to entertain. I think it may be unwise to assume that this was made for any other reason. It just sucks that this wasn't that entertaining.
onceinaugust
rainbow nerd

I have the oddest feeling that between the reaction to this video and Phil's mom's birthday visit, we're not going to get a live show from either of them this week. That way they can put out two or three gaming videos before the next liveshows that will be the main topic of discussion the following week. Although, I don't think anyone is going to forget about that week in March, so the sheer volume of questions about that could probably distract Dan for a while. Unless he decides to the whole thing.
"You loved it, you want to do it more."
"Alright"
fondsmiles
phabergé

droopy wrote:

Not to be dismissive of your thoughts and feelings on the video, but I wouldn't worry too much! Making this video because he's upset about fan speculation seems like a very uncharacteristic thing for Phil to do, especially given how he's dealt with these things in the past. I'd bet it had more to do with wanting to spon the new merch, or just wanting to get a video out there and not having anything else prepared. At the most, he might've been trying to throw speculators off the scent, but I don't think it came from a place of desperation or trapped-ness.

It does seem true that, if that isn't the room he sleeps in, it's not something he's comfortable sharing with his audience yet, but that doesn't mean the cause of the video was him feeling pressured into something he didn't want to do and retaliating. If that makes any sense.
you're probably right, that does make sense too (and probably more sense even), i sometimes get caught up in my worries, thanks for providing a different explanation! I didn't really consider that he might have had another main motivator (like sponning their backpacks), and that the rest of the video was just constructed around it in a way that he's comfortable with.
[x]
[x]
obliviongrace
*editing tips*

Well I expected a lot of discussion from this video, but I didn't except this intensity of it, which I guess has been spurred on my the seeming fake-ness of it and what is unfortunately (assumedly) Phil messing up and leaving a clip in that reveals he didn't even film this video during the night.

I personally enjoyed the video. I thought it was cute, light, and fluffy like the other Sleepless Nights. I just rewatched them all this morning, and in the 2nd and 3rd he also spons stuff at the end, so I was expecting that. I think I am sometimes also more easily pleased, though, and am happy with fun light entertainment. I also never feel like my intelligence is being insulted when a video seems staged like this. I never think "how can he expect us to believe that? Does he think we're that stupid?" Because when I'm watching their videos I don't feel like deppy are trying to convince us of a truth. They are just deciding what kind of presentation they want to put forward, and that is separate from the truth for me. I think authenticity is a space between honesty and performance, and so these kinds of things never bother me. Especially with the bedroom thing, if this is something they just don't want to publicly share with people and makes them feel more comfortable. There was a post on here earlier this year (can't remember who posted it, sorry!) that I'll never forget that said something along the lines of "If this is one of their comforts in a lifestyle that already puts so much of themselves online, who are we to try to strip them of that comfort? Where is the joy in that?" And when they don't shed that comfort for us, I don't see that as them trying to pull one over on us or insult our intelligence or be fake.

I didn't expect this video to seem so much like a reaction video against all the bed speculation though. I must admit that it confuses me in the wake of Dan's rather carefree showing of the moon room on Tuesday. The two seem to clash against each other in my eyes. alittydizzy said this on Tumblr, so I'm paraphrasing her, but I do feel bad for Phil about the slip up with the download time thing if a push-back was his goal, because it's only going to make the speculation more firey.
twix
butt chair

998274 wrote:Also, someone buy Phil a normal pitcher, the poor man is drinking out of a vase.
This is the second time he's done that recently! The first time was in the ASMR video. Is he aware that's a vase? did all their glasses break during moving or something? honestly this is the most confusing aspect of the video.
Last edited by twix on Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
droopy

to everything obliviongrace said (nice username btw).

I just noticed that the twitter account with the tweet about the timestamps has been protected/privated. I wonder why? Hopefully not because of The Phandom. but maybe an angry phil dm
iihappydaysii
glabella

Do you think the staged-ness is coming across to casual viewers? I can get a little put off by things that are meant to look real but are fake. I'd rather it be more stages the way a regular video is than a staged vlog. It's not a moral thing, just a taste thing, I've stopped listening to podcasts because I started thinking they were real and they turned out to be fiction--not the podcasts fault but my expectations weren't met and it lowered my enjoyment. Of course, they have right to any kind of privacy they want but, as a viewer, Id rather have videos I know are just stories or sketches or challenges or whatever and nothing where I begin to question the authenticity. Idk. I do worry though, if he starts coming across fake or inauthentic, could that affect viewership? Especially with casual viewers bc they wouldn't understand why it's that way. Or do you think they don't notice? Or that we're ascribing intentions from Phil that aren't there? Maybe it just feels staged or inauthentic bc our expectations aren't being met? I don't know.
human
dan hand trash

flarequake wrote:The thing I'm most excited about is seeing Dan's incredibly snazzy glowing Alienware PC. Fricking gaming royalty, those computers. Loads of USB cables sticking out the top of it, wonder if all the back ports are full too. Also interesting to see their camera on its stand behind the two monitors.
I knew you wouldn't let me down hahha. I was coming here to say this too but knew very few would understand our sort of porn.

My thoughts on the download time stamp are that sure, he could be faking the time stamps. But it's no more fake than the fact that closet is his bedroom. And to be fair, he did say he was queuing updates so they may well have been downloading for hours already and have only just started downloading that specific file, thus why it didn't register with him during the edit. But its probably unlikely, nothing on steam takes very long to install let alone update.

Video was cute but a bit staged like others have said. I don't usually mind that so much so long as it's good but I guess if his bedroom was as believable as his living quarters as his last bedroom, I would have bought it a bit more.

But seriously. How much do I need to smack Phil before he realises that what we want is a sleepy bedheaded Daniel cameo in this series? Ffs Phil, give the people what they want. I do feel like I'm tiring of this vibe I get from Phil which is hard to explain, in the roulette when he said he was stubborn I didn't see it a couple of years ago but now I can. No matter how much evidence we can see of their relationship and the fact they share that moon room, Phil is always adamant to prove we're full of sheet. And ok that's fine you don't want people to know, cool. But then haru it completely, don't feed us this obviously forced pretence. He is SO stubborn with insisting what we think is wrong and what he portrays is right and I'm just... yawn. Over it.

Like honestly I feel at this point, who even cares if they're together? Is it such a big deal? Sometimes it kinda bothers me that they presumably think it is such a big deal, to possibly be a same sex couple in 2017. Everyone thinks they are already so it's not like anyone would be shocked. I just feel like they could be married with a baby in that place and Phil would still be like, oh yes a stork just delivered it one day and we have no idea how it even got here, maybe aliens wanted us to take care of it for a bit but we can't decide who's bedroom it has to sleep in yet lolzor, and this isn't a wedding ring on my hand it's just the weird lighting setup on my pale vampire flesh reflecting strangely, perhaps I'm an alien too... Just give us a break haha.

I'm being harsh tonight but I'm really overtired. Phil, you know I heart you lol.
Ablissa
pastel persona

Posting again because I've had some thoughts on this video. Keep in mind this post is from the perspective of someone who truly believes are together. I don't even consider it shipping, it's more like a fact to me.

This video makes me sad because this big reveal that we have been hyping ourselves up for probably won't be anything that might tell us more about their relationship.
Why? Because if they had been planning something like that, and they would certainly plan ahead, Phil wouldn't make this video to sell tell us more stories that dispute our ideas. They'd just leave it as it is, ambiguous but less and less so every day. Him making this video, to me, feels like a statement that tells us that nothing is going to change for now.

Which is fine, don't get me wrong. But (and I know this has been discussed here a billion times) it does make me wonder if they will ever 100% confirm it. They're not free people, their life is basically their job, they have a manager and contracts and a lot of things that, aside from their own wish for privacy, might discourage them from ever taking that step. And it felt like things were moving in the right direction, but this video just feels like a step back to me.
I hate being cynical and I know people will disagree with me, but confirming Phan would be a bad idea for them career wise too, because the suspense keeps a lot of people very interested. I DEFINITELY!!! (stressing this because I do NOT think they're shipbaiting at all) don't think that is the reason for them to keep things under the radar, but from a logical standpoint it could play a role in it, however small it might be.

All in all, I love them and I want them to do what feels best for them. I just feel like they're not going to do anything huge any time soon, because then Phil wouldn't even try to pretend in the first place.

please don't hate me for this post i always write these and never post them because i am scared (but its totally ok if you disagree just dont be mad at me :D)
hopinglester
banned

I also thought that this video was a bit stiffer than usual and I didn't enjoy it as much as the first Sleepless Nights with Phil. Still, Phil always makes me smile with his personalities and jokes so it wasn't a complete miss for me. I'm jealous of their bathroom damn, it looks so good. Also, him drinking from that freaking vase had me in tears, WTF is that

About the video having been filmed at 8pm, I have 2 different stances on this: If this video was filmed and timed so that it would kind of 'kill' the rumours of them sleeping in the same bedroom (something I really doubted before the video but now I don't even know) or if he decided to film it at that time because he didn't want/couldn't sleep in that cage room, I'm sorry that he was 'caught in the act' because I think that queer couples, especially a famous one, are entitled to lie and hide things as to not face having to 'come out' and face the consequences of that. Any lies that they make about that subject don't really bother me (bedrooms, dates, etc.).
As someone who does not see them making a clear coming out anytime soon, and as I think that they want to be more carefree with us and more genuine only to the extent that it won't serve as a confirmation/statement for anyone who doesn't believe they are together now, I'm all for them drawing certain lines in terms of what they want to share with us.

If the only reason for lying (probably unlikely) was that he just wanted easy content and to make a 'entertaining video'... It ruins my viewing experience a bit thinking that he would manipulate so much to make the video that way. I think it's fair for us to say 'I appreciate authenticity in videos and when they lie just to make something more entertaining or wtv it makes me side-eye them a little'.

Ngl, truly I don't care that much and all of this made me laugh a lot (hopefully Phil will have the same reaction when he finds the discussions about it).
All I really want now is a Golf Video soon (pls deppy). I'm very reluctant about Dream Daddy - honestly I think it's going to be a lot of boring conversational gameplay for my taste - but we will see. If it took 6 hours to download it must be good.
Last edited by hopinglester on Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
obliviongrace
*editing tips*

droopy wrote::thanks: to everything obliviongrace said (nice username btw).
(Aww thank you droopy Yours makes me think of Snoopy from Charlie Brown )

And hmm, who knows about the twitter account. I feel like often once the tweet of Phandom member blows up they end up getting a lot of hate and privating. But again, it's hard to guess.

For some reason I don't have as many strong feelings about this video as other people, besides the fact that I enjoyed it, and I don't think we should hold the timestamp thing over anyone's heads.
lurker
janice from the shop
Pronouns: they/them

human wrote:Like honestly I feel at this point, who even cares if they're together? Is it such a big deal? Sometimes it kinda bothers me that they presumably think it is such a big deal, to possibly be a same sex couple in 2017. Everyone thinks they are already so it's not like anyone would be shocked.
i mean there are still consequences of coming out as a same-gender couple in 2017. like it's difficult/impossible to predict to what extent it would influence dan and phil's lives specifically but...there are very much still consequences.

edit to make my post sound less like vagueblogging: within the phandom it probably wouldn't be a big deal, but coming out wouldn't be limited to the phandom, as in that case there's no way to do it selectively. so: not trying to be snarky, but this statement was bothering me.
Last edited by lurker on Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
thank's you were great
kindofatrashcan
Pronouns: She/Her

Ablissa wrote:Posting again because I've had some thoughts on this video. Keep in mind this post is from the perspective of someone who truly believes are together. I don't even consider it shipping, it's more like a fact to me.

This video makes me sad because this big reveal that we have been hyping ourselves up for probably won't be anything that might tell us more about their relationship.
Why? Because if they had been planning something like that, and they would certainly plan ahead, Phil wouldn't make this video to sell tell us more stories that dispute our ideas. They'd just leave it as it is, ambiguous but less and less so every day. Him making this video, to me, feels like a statement that tells us that nothing is going to change for now.

Which is fine, don't get me wrong. But (and I know this has been discussed here a billion times) it does make me wonder if they will ever 100% confirm it. They're not free people, their life is basically their job, they have a manager and contracts and a lot of things that, aside from their own wish for privacy, might discourage them from ever taking that step. And it felt like things were moving in the right direction, but this video just feels like a step back to me.
I hate being cynical and I know people will disagree with me, but confirming Phan would be a bad idea for them career wise too, because the suspense keeps a lot of people very interested. I DEFINITELY!!! (stressing this because I do NOT think they're shipbaiting at all) don't think that is the reason for them to keep things under the radar, but from a logical standpoint it could play a role in it, however small it might be.

All in all, I love them and I want them to do what feels best for them. I just feel like they're not going to do anything huge any time soon, because then Phil wouldn't even try to pretend in the first place.

please don't hate me for this post i always write these and never post them because i am scared (but its totally ok if you disagree just dont be mad at me :D)
Don't feel bad! i think the same thing, maybe they believe that the 'are they togheter or not?' is what attracts their audience, and i'm afraid that they are right. I mean to us it doesn't matter if they are togheter or not *cough they are cough* but maybe the more demon-esque part of the phandom lose interest if they confirm the relationship and they, or bussines men Phil, are/is afraid of that?
I don't know, maybe i don't make sense at all.
What is important in this mess of a post is that i think the same thing as you.
malday
emo goose

Philena wrote:
fondsmiles wrote:
I'm trying to figure out my emotions on this video, and it's a bit difficult.

I obviously don't know the truth of the situation, but I do think you may be worrying for no reason. Phil is following a formula. It was more than likely a scheduled video that followed the previous format almost exactly. That is why the video was boring to me. Not because he isn't cute, but because this has been done before.

I liked the butt bit, the bowling ball crushing his flower, and... that's about it. Also, he picked the worst American candies ever, btw. Those were like bottom of the barrel American candies.

The fact of the matter is that Phil makes videos to entertain. I think it may be unwise to assume that this was made for any other reason. It just sucks that this wasn't that entertaining.
I agree with this!