Dan & Phil Part 51: Master of Erotic Massages

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
lurker
janice from the shop
Pronouns: they/them

wow i meant to watch the video tomorrow but then i got too curious and watched it anyway. i liked it! the dialogue was a tidbit too speedy for me as well, but i wouldn't want them to slow down significantly either since then i'd find it hard to listen. it's a thin line! i'm liking the voices they've come up with up to now and i'm expecting them to find the right speed of dialogue and bants-to-reading ratio in the next episodes (if they happen). i thought as well that they weren't too immersed in the beginning, but that it changed over the episode (see: them rooting for amanda at the end). i liked their commentary, too.

it seemed pretty clear that they'd talked about the mom/dad choice, who would voice the main character, and basing the character on dil beforehand, but i'm happy that they seemed to have gone in relatively blind (or else they probably wouldn't have made the kangaroo jokes in the beginning). wrt to the mom/dad discussion: i would have personally wished for a different explanation/comment as well, but maybe they just didn't want to dwell long on that in order not to make it something people analyze, and i think that's fair.

my favourite bits were phil correcting dan's prounciation and phil insisting joseph was a robot.
Last edited by lurker on Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thank's you were great
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

Go vote for the next thread name!
Ilovethemohyesido
living flop

There was a debate going when Phil uploaded sleepless night with Phil where people thought he didn't make it at night because of the download time of the daddy game.

But if he did have an sleepless night, it would make sense the way Phil looked in this video, which is tired. He didn't look disinterested, though I think he didn't want to be the daddy, but to me he looked dead tired from the start. I know because I've looked exactly the same recently due lack of sleep.
relatablemood
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

Did someone just rewatch the video? I don't know but I know I did and I've got more o p i n i o n s.

There really was something off in the game for a lot of people. Whether that's them already having played/watched the game, not enjoying the premise or feeling awkward about the amount of requests that lead to this fanservice, who knows. But I think I'd probably prefer them ending the series now if we're right and they were a bit off for specific reasons, like even if people wonder what on Earth happened it'd be better than sitting through more forty-minute-long videos only to be disappointed with them :(

Just kidding, they'd be idiots not to grab all of those YouTube views.
Sinister Shipper wrote:
sunshinias wrote:I also find Dan's comment about the bro brunches interesting: I was just about to post this, I kinda find his explanation of bro brunch sorta weird.

Glad I'm not the only one who saw that tweet.
I think he kinda missed the point a bit. I mean, I think the "bro" thing between Dadsona and Craig is meant to be satire and mocking the whole no homo culture. Plus, it's just playful and perhaps referring to their college days. Maybe that description is just what Dan is telling us he meant when he said he wanted one earlier. In other news, wow I missed 2012 Dan.

[offtopic]I'm sorry for not adding the spoiler tag!! I'm new but I try my best [/offtopic]
i want dan's hair and phil's hips
bookfiend
spork
Pronouns: She/her

I feel like people aren't acknowledging this enough.

Dan:you know dan and phil, they like to have the raw, naked, experience. They just like to go in. Bare.
Phil:are you saying we're going to have to be blurring some things out?

We're not even a minute in calm the heck down boys.

Also Phil growing a beard. An interesting concept, to go with his new hair style maybe?
Sinister Shipper
drama llama

https://imgur.com/B31Wdfi

Saw this on Instagram - maybe the cat shirt brings back memories for Phil - I mean it is quite an uncanny resemblance.
sparkle
blobfish

Sinister Shipper wrote:https://imgur.com/B31Wdfi

Saw this on Instagram - maybe the cat shirt brings back memories for Phil - I mean it is quite an uncanny resemblance.
I love the phandom
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
randomthoughts
tol bean

sparkle wrote:

I love the phandom

This is truly amazing
dontpanic
#relatable

bookfiend wrote: Also Phil growing a beard. An interesting concept, to go with his new hair style maybe?
I know for a fact I will hate it once Phil has a beard, but I really REALLY want him to grow one anyway. I need to know what he'd look like...would he grow the subtle "slightly-thicker-than-5 o'clock-shadow" beard, or would he go more Rhett from Rhett and Link style?

especially since it would be his natural hair color. I need to see this...I need to know.
000dia000
emo goose

I liked the video.
dontpanic wrote:
bookfiend wrote: Also Phil growing a beard. An interesting concept, to go with his new hair style maybe?
I know for a fact I will hate it once Phil has a beard, but I really REALLY want him to grow one anyway. I need to know what he'd look like...would he grow the subtle "slightly-thicker-than-5 o'clock-shadow" beard, or would he go more Rhett from Rhett and Link style?

especially since it would be his natural hair color. I need to see this...I need to know.
He's naturally light brown hair, so I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out a little ginger.
:cactus:
randomthoughts
tol bean

000dia000 wrote:I liked the video.
dontpanic wrote:

He's naturally light brown hair, so I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out a little ginger.

OMG, Phil with a ginger beard, I don't know how to feel about this. But still if he tried a beard, it would be..... interesting.
quercussp
living flop

My favorite part of the gaming video was Dan telling Phil that his chin is fine as it is

Overall, I really enjoyed the video. I never played or seen Dream Daddy being played, so I was very invested in the plot. I hope they continue playing.

Also, Mark of Oxin is literally the best gaming video ever, I'm going to go and rewatch it a thousand times more.
annabanana
sofa crease

randomthoughts wrote:
000dia000 wrote:I liked the video.
dontpanic wrote:

OMG, Phil with a ginger beard, I don't know how to feel about this. But still if he tried a beard, it would be..... interesting.
His stubble already seems quite dark when he does leave it for a bit, but who knows. However, I'm feeling like beard + emo fringe wouldn't really go together.....beard + quiff on the other hand ;)
Have a red velvet cupcake and for fucks sake, dip some toast in your soup. Bye.
onetruetrash
blobfish

The video was okay, I didn't laugh once, but I was really into the story. I wanna see more of this.
xaephan
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

I didn't spoil myself about the game since I wanted to play it, but work picked up and I haven't had the chance. Of course I can't stay away from a dnp vid, so I'm going to just vicariously play through them (however far they get--I have my doubts if they'll finish all of it). I enjoyed the vid! It wasn't super hyper like some others, which I find refreshing. There's only so much table slapping and sudden Dan-screams I can take, ya know?

I didn't feel like they weren't happy about playing it at all, though I can understand where people are coming from when they get that feeling. Doing voices and such probably kills their throats, so it's something I can take or leave (also I find their attempts at accents questionable at best heh). They also seemed pretty tired, Phil especially. I think they were pretty into it, especially some of the art/puns.

Overall not a video that stood out in many ways, except that I loved how there's not a single moment of discomfort (that I caught). They were really open and genuine with their reactions! It was a good
if my heart was a compass you'd be north
previously myllakka
SneakyLizard
butt chair

I actually really enjoyed the video... I had my doubts at first, because I feel like they've really been pressured into playing this game. That said, I'm sure they wouldn't have played it if they really didn't want to, as with many other games that get spammed in the comments. I am enjoying Jacksepticeye's playthrough, so I have an idea of where the stories go.

I agree that Phil seems tired or maybe as if he's not feeling good? Or maybe this is just how he is normally, without any layers of professional entertainer enthusiasm and we are seeing a more natural version of him? Or perhaps he was stressing about the family coming to visit or actually *had* been up all night. Or maybe I'm just projecting because I'm sad and tired myself today. He looks absolutely beautiful, though.

Some entertaining moments, and it is very interesting to see which personalities they are most excited about. I'd be happy for several long videos to play through at least one scenario since the story line interests me and I'd like to see the boys' take on it.
we walk among you
moaninglisa
drama llama

gohomohowell wrote: Maybe that description is just what Dan is telling us he meant when he said he wanted one earlier. In other news, wow I missed 2012 Dan.

"and saying bro you are confirming that it's not sexual because people are insecure"

the phrasing in that tweet is confusing as fuck but I think it's safe to assume he's just describing what every straight dudebro does: look for ways to affirm that they're not gay and totally not fucking their homies (because yeah, they're insecure and afraid of their sexualities being questioned).

basically this tweet:

i know you're joking btw i just wanted to say that
karma_yeah
philussy

I love this! Aww, just so sweet.

I enjoyed the video. I don't know anything about the game at all, so I'm interested to see where they go with it. My favorite part was Dan's face about 35:23 Phil: "old college roommates" Dan: "just sayin". But then again, I'm , so . . .
What goes around, comes around Image
randomthoughts
tol bean

I actually thought the dream daddy video was fun and funny, but I was watching some fan edits of the video on youtube, and in the comments some people mentioned that dan and Phil was acting really weird and also sitting more far apart than usual. I don't know about that, but Phil was acting different, I don't know if he was just tired or what. I hope everything's okay though.
sugar
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: they/them

[offtopic]i'm back from the dead! and fairly certain that no one will remember me as i was only active for a few months before disappearing. my laptop charger broke and i can't afford a new one so i've stuck to periodically lurking on mobile but decided i want to be part of the conversation again. my overly long explanation is now over.[/offtopic]

all i knew about dream daddy prior to the video is the basic premise of dad dating and that lots of my friends have really enjoyed it. so going to it basically blind i actually liked this! i'm
shocked by so many people saying they didn't and that deppy seem off or different. i didn't get that feeling at all. and as for sitting further away from each other, that's another thing i didn't notice. when i did notice their proximity it was only to note that they were sitting pretty closely together and almost completely touching arms at a few parts.

overall i enjoyed it and i do want to see them play more of it. id probably watch a 40 minute video of them reading the phone book together, though, their dynamic just pleases me to watch.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie