Dan & Phil Part 51: Master of Erotic Massages

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
lurker
janice from the shop
Pronouns: they/them

flarequake wrote:I think when Dan said he poked himself in the eye with an eyeliner pencil, he just jabbed it and it made his eye water so his dad noticed (the X-ray he used was grim as hell).
as someone who once stabbed themselves in the eye with an eyeliner pencil as well, i'm able to add that it's possible to get a black line on the white of your eyeball that stays there for several hours from it, so that might have been what happened as well

edit: wow i'm so proud that this contribution is now the top of the page
thank's you were great
lurker
janice from the shop

sorry for the double post but:
[tumblr] <div class="tumblr-post" data-href="https://embed.tumblr.com/embed/post/WzV ... 3412501879" data-did="82916119d2fc5cd37179d1dde3a0244da4dd056a">[/tumblr]
thank's you were great
yellowsubmarine
hobbit hair
Pronouns: she/her

lurker wrote:sorry for the double post but:
[tumblr] <div class="tumblr-post" data-href="https://embed.tumblr.com/embed/post/WzV ... 3412501879" data-did="82916119d2fc5cd37179d1dde3a0244da4dd056a">[/tumblr]
my goodness he just posted that for his 5.6M twitter followers to see. I need confidence like that (I could NEVER, my cringy photos go with me to the grave)
"Treat yourself, because you're special and you're worth it."
somethingsketchy
janice from the shop

yellowsubmarine wrote:
my goodness he just posted that for his 5.6M twitter followers to see. I need confidence like that (I could NEVER, my cringy photos go with me to the grave)
The Twitter replies are just full of people posting Dan's other cringey emo selfies.
Whommel
sofa crease
Pronouns: They/them

yellowsubmarine wrote:
If I had been that hot at 16 I would spam the world with pictures of myself. I see no cringe, he's so photogenic.
obscureDnPreference
procrastinator
Pronouns: she/her/hers

Whommel wrote:
yellowsubmarine wrote:
If I had been that hot at 16 I would spam the world with pictures of myself. I see no cringe, he's so photogenic.
Yeah honestly. That lip bite. Ugh. But I like curly Dan

This reply is my favorite: THE WORST DAN HAIR.
"This is not children's television. I'm 26, I'm depressed, and I need edgy jokes to cope with my anxiety."
Daniel Howell, 10/30/17
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

One reply has screenshots of an old deleted Phil video. They're cute (funny to see him with short dark hair again), but I wonder if he'd be pleased to see them.
sparkle
blobfish

obscureDnPreference wrote:
sparkle wrote:
obscureDnPreference wrote:Off-topic:

I know there's a thread dedicated to Tyler/Troye/Connor, but I wanted to share this with the group. I listened to the audiobook of Connor Franta's Note to Self this weekend and holy shit is it heartbreaking. The way he talks about his ex (Troye obvi) breaking his heart breaks my heart. He's so open and emotional (though still a bit pretentious like he can be in his videos sometimes). Watching his videos from before and after the breakup is like night and day. It's obvious upon further inspection that Connor's not okay but trying to seem like he is. I'm sure he's healed more now, but it still sounds so raw, especially when you listen to him say the words.

It made me think about deppy. How they've never really had any hallmark emotional videos. Most YTers have had at least one video wherein they react to an event or share personal info and get so real with their audiences (Charlie with I'm scared, Tyler reacting to Pulse, etc). I don't know if we'll ever get that, but those videos tend to be some of my favorites. I have no doubt they care about their audience and feel a significant bond with us. At the same time, I would love for a full-on, emotional, real video from deppy about something, anything. Maybe they have one you all consider to be like this, but I can't think of any off the top of my head. We know they have things to talk about- Phil lost a friend while in Uni, Dan was bullied. I just feel so much closer to YTers who get real.

Sorry. Just something I've been thinking about.

((More off topic: I tweeted that I listened to it and wanted to give Connor a hug and he liked it less than a minute after I tweeted it and now that's my most popular tweet ever))
I have a theory about the first ISG being Dan the most emotional and real he's ever been on his channel (and him and Phil breaking up at that point in time)
Well now you have given me something to watch. I honestly can't remember the first ISG. Will report back. Thanks sparkle!
I just watched it and yes, he's more emotional and real than a usual dinof vid, but idk. I recognize he's a bit more open but he masks it SO DAMN WELL that you really have to know him and his style to pick it out. I guess I am selfish and I want some personal stories goddamit.
The thing thats interesting with this video that makes me is because its the first video following the second v-day video leak. I think he's trying to be jokey but still taking it out on the fans? My entire opinion on that video changed when I realised how it fits into the meta-text. To me, he's hurting, but it's not obvious, you have to really watch him in that video to pick up on it.

Secondly, Phil filmed 'the break-up' immediately following the v-day video leak. He likes to talk about things that are relevant to him, but if couldn't talk about it presently, he would've talked about it in the past.

I'm not going to go full tinfoil, but I do genuinely think they wanted to acknowledge something.
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
DatCog
blobfish

Intriguing! Perhaps the move isn't imminent after all
Where even is this??

Edit: gaming room of course!!
liola
rankussy

I guess they're not moving soon after all? I can't imagine going through with something like that if they're not planning to stay there for long.

My question is, can they actually do it if they're renting?? I can't do anything to my walls, not even stick nails to hang stuff :wtf:

Edit: Phil looks particularly cute in that pic. I love that he's doing his pouty face while looking at Dan
Last edited by liola on Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
obscureDnPreference
procrastinator

sparkle wrote:
sparkle wrote:
obscureDnPreference wrote:Off-topic:

I know there's a thread dedicated to Tyler/Troye/Connor, but I wanted to share this with the group. I listened to the audiobook of Connor Franta's Note to Self this weekend and holy shit is it heartbreaking. The way he talks about his ex (Troye obvi) breaking his heart breaks my heart. He's so open and emotional (though still a bit pretentious like he can be in his videos sometimes). Watching his videos from before and after the breakup is like night and day. It's obvious upon further inspection that Connor's not okay but trying to seem like he is. I'm sure he's healed more now, but it still sounds so raw, especially when you listen to him say the words.

It made me think about deppy. How they've never really had any hallmark emotional videos. Most YTers have had at least one video wherein they react to an event or share personal info and get so real with their audiences (Charlie with I'm scared, Tyler reacting to Pulse, etc). I don't know if we'll ever get that, but those videos tend to be some of my favorites. I have no doubt they care about their audience and feel a significant bond with us. At the same time, I would love for a full-on, emotional, real video from deppy about something, anything. Maybe they have one you all consider to be like this, but I can't think of any off the top of my head. We know they have things to talk about- Phil lost a friend while in Uni, Dan was bullied. I just feel so much closer to YTers who get real.

Sorry. Just something I've been thinking about.

((More off topic: I tweeted that I listened to it and wanted to give Connor a hug and he liked it less than a minute after I tweeted it and now that's my most popular tweet ever))
I have a theory about the first ISG being Dan the most emotional and real he's ever been on his channel (and him and Phil breaking up at that point in time)
Well now you have given me something to watch. I honestly can't remember the first ISG. Will report back. Thanks sparkle!
I just watched it and yes, he's more emotional and real than a usual dinof vid, but idk. I recognize he's a bit more open but he masks it SO DAMN WELL that you really have to know him and his style to pick it out. I guess I am selfish and I want some personal stories goddamit.
The thing thats interesting with this video that makes me is because its the first video following the second v-day video leak. I think he's trying to be jokey but still taking it out on the fans? My entire opinion on that video changed when I realised how it fits into the meta-text. To me, he's hurting, but it's not obvious, you have to really watch him in that video to pick up on it.

Secondly, Phil filmed 'the break-up' immediately following the v-day video leak. He likes to talk about things that are relevant to him, but if couldn't talk about it presently, he would've talked about it in the past.

I'm not going to go full tinfoil, but I do genuinely think they wanted to acknowledge something.
Hmmmm. Interesting. That changes the eye with which I look at both of those videos.

I found myself recently wanting to watch videos from Connor Franta from 2014-2016 to see the progression of his relationship and breakup on his content and I am not kinda feeling the same way about deppy. But lol like I have time for that.

Off-topic: idb is really making my day a lot better. I am an anxiety-ridden mess today with the US Senate voting on healthcare. I work in politics so life is craaaay atm.
"This is not children's television. I'm 26, I'm depressed, and I need edgy jokes to cope with my anxiety."
Daniel Howell, 10/30/17
confusedpanda
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: Her/she

DatCog wrote:Intriguing! Perhaps the move isn't imminent after all
Where even is this??
Probably the gaming room most likely! And wow phil single handly murdered our theories on moving 2.0. It was fun while it lasted. But also where even is this room in the apartment? It looks like the photo was taken from a stair step?
We're here, we're queer, we're filled with existential fear!
gif cred: pseudophan on tumblr
Flomy
sofa crease

Where even is this??

Or maybe he's removing the tiles
obscureDnPreference
procrastinator

Where even is this??

This photo looks like it was taken from above, doesn't it? Like Dan's a few steps up on some stairs?
Daniel Howell, 10/30/17
Ablissa
pastel persona

I haven't had the time to post, but I got so invested in the moving theory that I'm irrationally sad now. Please move and get a house, deppy. Let me live vicariously through your happiness.
I have to say though, I really love what we have seen of their current apartment so far. Looks stylish as heck. I can't even begin to imagine the floor plan, which is just as they wished I guess, but what little we have seen looks great.

P.S. Is the gaming room in the basement or something? Do they even HAVE a basement?
liola
rankussy

Where even is this??

This photo looks like it was taken from above, doesn't it? Like Dan's a few steps up on some stairs?
Didn't we agree that the gaming room and Phil's set Phil's bedroom are downstairs? I guess Dan is standing on the steps he ran down when he wanted to join the black parade
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Oh, Phil's butt strikes again. Since they stopped touring and gained a little weight his has partly gone to his butt, I noticed it looked all cute at Playlist. I guess renting means they can't stick anything strong enough to the walls to hold the tiles on better.
yellowsubmarine
hobbit hair

PHIL!!! He looks adorable! And wrecking havoc with his butt haha
Ohh small corner of the gaming room nice! Those look (at least to me) like the stairs Dan was going down in his video, so the gaming room is directly below the main lounge? Something like that, maybe not.
Soundproof walls so the neighbors don't complain, important! Or maybe they did who knows, that would be awkward.
It definitely is a weird apartment

Side-note: just checked the trending page on Youtube because I wanted to rewatch a trailer, and Dan's video is trending at #12! I don't think his videos have trended before, have they?
"Treat yourself, because you're special and you're worth it."
thephandommenace
procrastinator

Where even is this??

Such a cute photo and omg he's so clumsy it's absolutely precious
I wasn't 100% sold on the moving theory bc I've moved 4 times in the past 4 years and that shit is not fun but aw, what an anticlimax it was fun while it lasted. They could still be moving this year though and get 5 months of use out of the soundproofing tiles.
obscureDnPreference
procrastinator

liola wrote:
Where even is this??

Didn't we agree that the gaming room and Phil's set Phil's bedroom are downstairs? I guess Dan is standing on the steps he ran down when he wanted to join the black parade
At the same time though, Dan is obviously taking the photo from INSIDE the room. You can see the door jam, but no latch where it closes. So it doesn't close on the other side of the wall; it's covered by the foam. So maybe Dan's just standing on a ladder or something to put the soundproof things up higher on the other wall? I want to figure this apartment out so badly.
Daniel Howell, 10/30/17
malday
emo goose

confusedpanda wrote:
Where even is this??
Probably the gaming room most likely! And wow phil single handly murdered our theories on moving 2.0. It was fun while it lasted. But also where even is this room in the apartment? It looks like the photo was taken from a stair step?
Dan could just be stood up on a chair or something because he was placing the tiles high on the wall. Don't think Phil was doing this job alone.
fancybum
senpai

I don't know what I think about the whole thing in March (as in: personal/professional?) so I can't pick a firm side in the 'moving or nah' speculation yet BUT them decorating professional spaces for the purposes of work (soundproofing for gaming and Dan's focus on his filming background) don't really equate to personal nesting. Even if the plan is to move again within the year, they still need to take care of business in the meantime, it's their jobs. So that doesn't sway me in either direction. If anything, Dan banging on about adjusting his background and to expect things to change etc etc makes me think he's avoiding committing to any permanent look or space (and being so clear about it) so the audience doesn't get comfortable because he knows it's ultimately temporary...
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
obscureDnPreference
procrastinator

malday wrote:
confusedpanda wrote:
Where even is this??
Dan could just be stood up on a chair or something because he was placing the tiles high on the wall. Don't think Phil was doing this job alone.
That's what I'm leaning towards now, given the lack of door latch opposite the door jam.
Daniel Howell, 10/30/17
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

I wonder why they are soundproofing since they never did that in the last place (i.e. if they got a noise complaint)
plath
sofa crease

I'm dying at Phil having to soundproof the gaming video. Guess that's what happens when you move to a swanky part of town, boys! Your rich as fuck neighbours are probably old farts with high-powered jobs to get to in the morning and don't appreciate Dan's screeching coming through the wall at 2 AM.

I wonder if it was the Crash Bandicoot video that finally did for them. Hilarious.
nope.