Dan & Phil Part 52: And They Were Roommates

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
blackdenim
procrastinator

I'm so gutted the Edinburgh thing is already sold out! I live in London but am working in Edinburgh next week and I managed to wangle an extended lunch break on Thursday so I could go... but when I went to book, the tickets were gone :( do you think I might be able to get a ticket on the door if I sweet talk it?? Probably wishful thinking.

I hope those from here that are going have a great time (and post about their experiences!)
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

blackdenim wrote:I'm so gutted the Edinburgh thing is already sold out! I live in London but am working in Edinburgh next week and I managed to wangle an extended lunch break on Thursday so I could go... but when I went to book, the tickets were gone :( do you think I might be able to get a ticket on the door if I sweet talk it?? Probably wishful thinking.

I hope those from here that are going have a great time (and post about their experiences!)
You might call and ask how canceled tickets are re-released? I bet there are some people who bought before they could make arrangements and it won't end up working out.
blackdenim
procrastinator

alittledizzy wrote:
blackdenim wrote:I'm so gutted the Edinburgh thing is already sold out! I live in London but am working in Edinburgh next week and I managed to wangle an extended lunch break on Thursday so I could go... but when I went to book, the tickets were gone :( do you think I might be able to get a ticket on the door if I sweet talk it?? Probably wishful thinking.

You might call and ask how canceled tickets are re-released? I bet there are some people who bought before they could make arrangements and it own't end up working out.
Oooh great suggestion - thank you I'll give it a go!

EDIT: Just to chime in on the producers of the event: My experience is more in the Edinburgh Book Festival, but as I understand it, all parts of the Edinburgh International Festival have essentially a panel of producers from different publications/organisations, etc. and they're almost randomly assigned to events so it doesn't necessarily mean D&P are in line to work with Disney. It's more likely that that woman has more experience in new media than any of the rest of the panel, so she was chosen to produce the event.
human
dan hand trash

alittledizzy wrote:

You might call and ask how canceled tickets are re-released? I bet there are some people who bought before they could make arrangements and it won't end up working out.
Yup, tickets can be cancelled until tomorrow at midnight I think so definitely worthwhile rechecking the website or calling them up.
sparkle
blobfish

human wrote:
sparkle wrote:Someone tell me its a really bad idea to spend £70 to get a train at 6.45 am to go to Edinburgh for literally 3 hours.
(hasn't also looked at the cost of flying - £147 - and the coach - £32 but means getting a coach at 1am.... and getting back at 3am)
Lemme know if you do hahaha because same. I got a ticket thinking at least one friend was going and would be a mad person with me, but now I've realise they aren't haha.
I ended up not being able to because of the coolest reason ever
my girlfriend is having a dentist appointment and I promised I'd go with her
I'm also kinda a bit curious in regards to Dan atm - like something just isn't right with him and the more I think about the more I'm sure something is up with him but I can't quite put my finger on it. (and it's not just because he doesn't like Swedish Fish like wtf? they're nice sweets that are actually vegetarian unlike M&Ms which I'm still mad about)

Especially because he 'went for a walk' and couldn't do his live show so he's doing one with Phil. Odd. Very odd - interested to see their choice of location.
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

sparkle wrote:I'm also kinda a bit curious in regards to Dan atm - like something just isn't right with him and the more I think about the more I'm sure something is up with him but I can't quite put my finger on it. (and it's not just because he doesn't like Swedish Fish like wtf? they're nice sweets that are actually vegetarian unlike M&Ms which I'm still mad about)

Especially because he 'went for a walk' and couldn't do his live show so he's doing one with Phil. Odd. Very odd - interested to see their choice of location.
I get your feeling. He's only had two "non purposive"* tweets in the last 10 days. Usually he gets more quiet when he's working on a video... What is he up to?
Oh no I've awoken a desire to do a quantitative and qualitative analysis of Dan's tweets please stop me

* = no video-related tweets or LS postponings
Ewok
rainbow nerd

archived wrote:I mean I listen to artists singing about their struggles with drug abuse and I don't take paracetamol even if I'm violently throwing up so I can in no way relate. Relating to the meaning of a son can make it more enjoyable but equally you won't find people listening to a song they can relate to but don't like the music but you will find people listening to artists they can't relate to but enjoy the sound of the music.
This is very true, and in no way do I mean "zomG!1!1 dan likes an LGBT artist he's def gay"!!1" but at the same time, we can't say he doesn't relate. I guess we'll never really know. Regardless of whatever it may mean, I think supporting a gay artist makes me happier than whatever "deeper/personal meaning" it may have. :)
sparkle wrote: I'm also kinda a bit curious in regards to Dan atm - like something just isn't right with him and the more I think about the more I'm sure something is up with him but I can't quite put my finger on it. (and it's not just because he doesn't like Swedish Fish like wtf? they're nice sweets that are actually vegetarian unlike M&Ms which I'm still mad about)

I guarantee they'll do this either on the couch in front of their Muse poster, or wherever Phil does his next to that plant - is that the dining room? But I'd be ecstatic to see a new location :D
I do agree though that Dan dodging the LS is a little odd, not unlike him but still odd. I feel like they've only waited to do this LS together to hype up/promote the Edinburgh thing. :/
»»-————𝓯𝓵𝓸𝓹𝓹𝔂 𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓭𝓸𝓷𝓰————-««
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Ewok wrote:
So this might be ever so slightly off topic - I was rewatching their latest sims video (Dil's Grand Design) and noticed Dan's Perfume Genius shirt, which I believe he made an offhand comment about in his LS (why I can't go outside). Can't find the timestamp now that I'm looking for it of course but I vaguely remember him making an offhanded comment about it, "wearing my new Perfume Genius shirt, yay." Or whatever.

Naturally, I fell down a rabbit hole listening to pretty much PG's entire discography and learning more about Perfume Genius and Mike Hadreas. Taken from the Perfume Genius wiki page: "Hadreas's music explores topics including sexuality, domestic abuse, and the dangers faced by gay men in contemporary society."

I went through and started looking at the lyrics to some of Perfume Genius' songs and a couple caught my eye. Tagged so as not to take up too much space.

"All Waters"
When all waters still
And flowers cover the earth
When no tree's shivering
And the dust settles in the desert

When I can take your hand
On any crowded street
And hold you close to me
With no hesitating
"Slip Away"
Don't hold back, I want to break free
Cause it's singing through your body
And I'm carried by the sound
Every drum, every single beat
They were born from your body

Oh, ooh love
They'll never break the shape we take
Oh, ooh
Baby let all them voices slip away

Don't look back, I want to break free
If you'll never see 'em coming
You'll never have to hide
Take my hand, take my everything
If we only got a moment
Give it to me now

Oh, ooh love
Oh, ooh

No caressing, no caressing

No caressing, no caressing, no

Oh, ooh love
Oh, ooh, no love
Oh, ooh, love love
Oh, ooh
"Alan"
Did you notice
We sleep through the night
Did you notice babe
Everything is alright

You need me
Rest easy
I'm here
How weird

Thought I'd hide
Maybe leave something
Secret behind
Never thought
I'd sing outside

You need me
Rest easy
I'm here
How weird
"Queen"
Don't you know your queen
Whipped
Heaving
Flower bloom at my feet

Cracked
Peelin'
Riddled with disease
Don't you know me

No family is safe
When I sashay

Gleaming
Wrapped in golden leaf
Don't you know me
Rank
Ragged
Skin sewn on sheets
Casing the barracks
For an ass to break and harness
Into the fold
Marry

No family is safe
When I sashay
There are quite a fair amount of songs by Perfume Genius that seem to focus on queer struggles of not "shaping" into the mold of society, or being accepted, etc.

Now obviously not everything Dan does needs to be psychoanalyzed, especially not something as trivial as supporting a band/musician or enjoying music or whatever, but my trashcan mind couldn't help immediately drawing parallels between this artist's message about his own personal struggles, and Dan. Guess I just found it interesting seeing Dan being passionate about an artist who's music mainly seems to focus on LGBT issues, self acceptance, personal relationships/love. Especially curious given the amount of self love & acceptance we have seen from Dan in 2017. :)

Seeing Dan purchase their merch says to me that he's not just a casual fan of Mike Hadreas' work. Whether it means he relates to Perfume Genius lyrics or not, I'm not sure. I'm very happy to see Dan supporting an LGBT artist either way! <3
I do think there's obviously an argument for not everyone identifying with every artist they like, as you definitely acknowledged in your post, but I do actually think that Dan is inherently someone who looks for deeper meaning and likes to take apart the media he consumes... so if he into an artist enough to be buying merch I can fully believe that part of what he feels drawn to are the meta components of something that he also himself seems to have done a lot of deep contemplation over. I'm sure he appreciates more than just the content (as in he also likes the sound and style) but queer person has an affinity for queer music because queer doesn't seem like a leap to me.

(And thank you for sharing some of those lyrics - I'd never listened to them before but now I want to check them out.)
thephandommenace
procrastinator
Pronouns: they/them

Does anyone think we'll get a video today? Maybe Dream Daddy?
I just travelled for 2 hours to my uni and 2 hours back for a shitty speaking exam and I would love some light hearted Lester entertainment to take my mind off it pleeeeease

Edit: was gonna say something about Dan liking to talk about music and its meaning but dizzy said it better
Susanisnotafish
flower crown
Pronouns: She/her

thephandommenace wrote:Does anyone think we'll get a video today? Maybe Dream Daddy?
I just travelled for 2 hours to my uni and 2 hours back for a shitty speaking exam and I would love some light hearted Lester entertainment to take my mind off it pleeeeease

Edit: was gonna say something about Dan liking to talk about music and its meaning but dizzy said it better
I think it is pretty likely that we will get a gaming video today and in Phil's last liveshow he said Dream Daddy would be up after the next gaming video (which turned out to be geoguessr).

LtrllySusan, now you have me wondering whether Phil already tweeting today means there won't be a gaming video. I can't figure out if they only tweet on days they aren't posting videos.
"Rub those freckles all over me!" --Daniel Howell
confusedpanda
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: Her/she

LtrllySusan wrote:
sparkle wrote:I'm also kinda a bit curious in regards to Dan atm - like something just isn't right with him and the more I think about the more I'm sure something is up with him but I can't quite put my finger on it. (and it's not just because he doesn't like Swedish Fish like wtf? they're nice sweets that are actually vegetarian unlike M&Ms which I'm still mad about)

I get your feeling. He's only had two "non purposive"* tweets in the last 10 days. Usually he gets more quiet when he's working on a video... What is he up to?
Oh no I've awoken a desire to do a quantitative and qualitative analysis of Dan's tweets please stop me

* = no video-related tweets or LS postponings
This got me going onto dans twitter for some number, oh boy. For this, I am not including retweeted videos/tweets from anyone, mostly because I want to view how dan tweets only. Because ofthat, I'll also be including dan replying to himself as an additional tweet (so the dabbing the computer tweet for example, will count as two tweets, I hope this makes sense). Also merch tweets are going to be included in the video related because well it's promoting just like you would a video.

Ok so this month so far, non related video tweets has been 6 non video related tweets (technically 7 if you count the walk one but if we consider it a ls postponing, then no). Out of the six, 4 of those tweets were tweeted in the last ten days. Video/ls related tweets for this month are in total, 5. So this means As of now, dan has tweeted in total, 11 times.
(I've left out the one of him quote tweeting someone bc idk if it classifies as a rt/reply but if we include that, it would bring the tweets up to 12 and non video tweets up to 7)

Now let's compare it to last month, dan tweeted a total of 28 times. 14 of those tweets are video related (my god the tinder video had, literally 4 TWEETS relating to it, also the video is still up on twitter for it, interesting). 13 of those tweets are non video related. 16 out of his 28 tweets were tweeted between July 1st and July 16th. Out of the 16, 7 were video related tweets.

Conclusion, When you don't count rt or replies to fans, dan doesn't tweet as much as we think. Is dan working on something, maybe, but idk if it's conclusive to go by his twitter for that. There has been months in the past where he actually did not tweet anything for over a week and nothing really came out of it.

Note that I am not the best at numbers and all this, so if there's any issues or questions, please feel free to add to this!
We're here, we're queer, we're filled with existential fear!
gif cred: pseudophan on tumblr
autumnhearth
senpai

Hi Ewok, I missed saying welcome earlier but I'm really enjoying your posts. Thanks for bringing up Perfume Genius, I probably wouldn't have looked into them before. I agree with dizzy as well. Sure Dan loves a ton of music and only a small percentage of that is going to be queer, just by the nature of the music industry and no that doesn't *have* to mean anything, but it's interesting to look closer at his faves. It reminds me of his love of Frank Ocean who he started mentioning in his first or second YouNow where he commented that his post on Tumblr (coming out) was very brave.

Then there was Dan's tweet a year ago:
And a small rant during a ls earlier this year in March (the my fave is better than your fave) and appreciating the poetry and metaphors about duality (one of which is bisexuality) in 'Both Sides of Chanel'

Oh lookie I found a compilation with more mentions. Lovely!:

New theory that Dan took a walk with Frank last night. *illuminati triangle*

I am hoping for DINOF today and Dream Daddy on Friday, though it's more likely that they are flipped, so that they can both talk about DD during the ls and Dan can announce that there will be a new DINOF coming out (Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon or Tuesday). I just miss him. (And I miss their sofa so I'm torn between wanting the ls in the slounge or some place new.)
thatdanandphilguy
dank meme

We got a gaming video two days ago, so I don't see why they would upload another one so soon. I'd love to be proven wrong though, but I don't think it's very likely. New DINOF would be great, but I'm not exactly holding my breath.
leaveimreading
drama llama

confusedpanda wrote: This got me going onto dans twitter for some number, oh boy. For this, I am not including retweeted videos/tweets from anyone, mostly because I want to view how dan tweets only. Because ofthat, I'll also be including dan replying to himself as an additional tweet (so the dabbing the computer tweet for example, will count as two tweets, I hope this makes sense). Also merch tweets are going to be included in the video related because well it's promoting just like you would a video.

Ok so this month so far, non related video tweets has been 6 non video related tweets (technically 7 if you count the walk one but if we consider it a ls postponing, then no). Out of the six, 4 of those tweets were tweeted in the last ten days. Video/ls related tweets for this month are in total, 5. So this means As of now, dan has tweeted in total, 11 times.
(I've left out the one of him quote tweeting someone bc idk if it classifies as a rt/reply but if we include that, it would bring the tweets up to 12 and non video tweets up to 7)

Now let's compare it to last month, dan tweeted a total of 28 times. 14 of those tweets are video related (my god the tinder video had, literally 4 TWEETS relating to it, also the video is still up on twitter for it, interesting). 13 of those tweets are non video related. 16 out of his 28 tweets were tweeted between July 1st and July 16th. Out of the 16, 7 were video related tweets.

Conclusion, When you don't count rt or replies to fans, dan doesn't tweet as much as we think. Is dan working on something, maybe, but idk if it's conclusive to go by his twitter for that. There has been months in the past where he actually did not tweet anything for over a week and nothing really came out of it.

Note that I am not the best at numbers and all this, so if there's any issues or questions, please feel free to add to this!

Thank you for putting all this together! It was really interesting to read actually.

Dan is Dan, which means he could just be having a busy month or something, which would explain the tweets.

One thing that I found interesting (maybe irrelevant here idk) was that after he tweeted about the water spilling in computer incident, he was basically gone for like 3 days. Then in the liveshow, he retold the story with more details and said that he was basically off the internet because he was letting his computer dry out. But couldn't he have tweeted off his phone? Or even his laptop? Like surely they have another computer in the house as well.

EDIT: nevermind, just rewatched that bit of the liveshow and he actually mentioned they switched the wifi off. But still. 3G?
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Possibly relating to how Dan has tweeted less this month - I'm really curious as to how much they prefilmed in late July. rizzo and albion have already suffered through me rambling about this, but I think everything we've seen so far in August (aside from Phil's ebay boxes video, which was filmed right before his liveshow) was actually from the last week in July.

They've been posting one gaming video every 5-6 days so far this month, and there are sixteen days left in the month - at this rate they would only need three (maybe four) videos to finish out August and we can be pretty sure they have two of those waiting, since Dan indicated they'd do a golf video and we know they have at least one more Dream Daddy filmed already. Dan has a dinof video he said he'd post by the end of this week, but besides that all they've really done so far in August is one liveshow each and Phil's one video.
blackdenim
procrastinator

I don't know if it's my age showing but... do people actually tweet 'personal tweets' every day? Multiple times a day? I use twitter to promote my work and as a news source for fandoms I'm in and general news (mainly just reading links, sometimes RTing). I tweet an opinion/anecdote, etc. less than once a week. The last thing like that I tweeted was about Celebrity Big Brother, on August 11th (I was distraught Trisha walked, if you're wondering). So I use twitter similarly to the boys and I guess I somewhat naively thought that's how most people used it - that's how most people on my TL use it, unless they're big social media 'personalities' who like to overshare, celebs or news/fan accounts.

If I was famous in any way people would think I was working on secret projects constantly but no I am just busy watching Drag Race and scrolling through Reddit tbh.
sunnyskies
banned

If anything I would of thought new dinof today then joint liveshow tomorrow followed by gaming friday or saturday. Considering dan said he either finished or was working on a new vid and that it would be coming out soon a week ago I would have thought we have seen it by now.
pastelspectre
stress mushroom
Pronouns: he/him

i had an extremely hard time getting back onto this forum for like 3 days but i have figured it out hello i am late to the discussion but i just wanted to say i loved the geoguessr video and their bants were top notch. i liked how they competed for swedish fish lol. also i'm quite curious about that discussion thing they'll be at..hm... i hope we can watch it somehow, for the people that can't go

also i miss the custom smilies :(
:transheart:
autumnhearth
senpai

sunnyskies wrote:If anything I would of thought new dinof today then joint liveshow tomorrow followed by gaming friday or saturday. Considering dan said he either finished or was working on a new vid and that it would be coming out soon a week ago I would have thought we have seen it by now.
I just rewatched his last ls last night and he said that he *should* make a new one, to replace the Tinder spon. He might have already had ideas, but he definitely didn't imply that it was being filmed or finished. ;)
alittledizzy wrote:Possibly relating to how Dan has tweeted less this month - I'm really curious as to how much they prefilmed in late July. rizzo and albion have already suffered through me rambling about this, but I think everything we've seen so far in August (aside from Phil's ebay boxes video, which was filmed right before his liveshow) was actually from the last week in July.

They've been posting one gaming video every 5-6 days so far this month, and there are sixteen days left in the month - at this rate they would only need three (maybe four) videos to finish out August and we can be pretty sure they have two of those waiting, since Dan indicated they'd do a golf video and we know they have at least one more Dream Daddy filmed already. Dan has a dinof video he said he'd post by the end of this week, but besides that all they've really done so far in August is one liveshow each and Phil's one video.
I've had a similar suspicion, but then I worried that I was being paranoid... :?
I feel a bit better knowing that others share my distrust... Maybe.

[offtopic]Does anyone else find themselves getting irrationally upset about them? (Either sad or mad). Stop watching old YouNow's Autumn. Rationally I know they are entertainers with their own lives and are completely at liberty to tell whatever lies they need to protect their privacy/projects and that they don't owe us anything. But I think my mood is being too affected and perhaps I need to step away for a bit... or remember "all bants no angst"... or just watch Gamingmas videos, as that seemed to help last night. I dunno.[/offtopic]
000dia000
emo goose

Ewok wrote:So this might be ever so slightly off topic - I was rewatching their latest sims video (Dil's Grand Design) and noticed Dan's Perfume Genius shirt, which I believe he made an offhand comment about in his LS (why I can't go outside). Can't find the timestamp now that I'm looking for it of course but I vaguely remember him making an offhanded comment about it, "wearing my new Perfume Genius shirt, yay." Or whatever.

Naturally, I fell down a rabbit hole listening to pretty much PG's entire discography and learning more about Perfume Genius and Mike Hadreas. Taken from the Perfume Genius wiki page: "Hadreas's music explores topics including sexuality, domestic abuse, and the dangers faced by gay men in contemporary society."

I went through and started looking at the lyrics to some of Perfume Genius' songs and a couple caught my eye. Tagged so as not to take up too much space.

"All Waters"
When all waters still
And flowers cover the earth
When no tree's shivering
And the dust settles in the desert

When I can take your hand
On any crowded street
And hold you close to me
With no hesitating
"Slip Away"
Don't hold back, I want to break free
Cause it's singing through your body
Every drum, every single beat
They were born from your body

Oh, ooh love
Oh, ooh

Don't look back, I want to break free
If you'll never see 'em coming
You'll never have to hide
Take my hand, take my everything
If we only got a moment
Give it to me now

Oh, ooh love
Oh, ooh

No caressing, no caressing, no

Oh, ooh love
Oh, ooh, no love
Oh, ooh, love love
Oh, ooh
"Alan"
Did you notice
We sleep through the night
Did you notice babe
Everything is alright

You need me
Rest easy
I'm here
How weird

Thought I'd hide
Maybe leave something
Secret behind
Never thought
I'd sing outside

You need me
Rest easy
I'm here
How weird
"Queen"
Whipped
Heaving
Flower bloom at my feet

Cracked
Peelin'
Riddled with disease
Don't you know me

No family is safe
When I sashay

Gleaming
Wrapped in golden leaf
Don't you know me
Rank
Ragged
Skin sewn on sheets
Casing the barracks
For an ass to break and harness
Into the fold
Marry

No family is safe
When I sashay
There are quite a fair amount of songs by Perfume Genius that seem to focus on queer struggles of not "shaping" into the mold of society, or being accepted, etc.

Now obviously not everything Dan does needs to be psychoanalyzed, especially not something as trivial as supporting a band/musician or enjoying music or whatever, but my trashcan mind couldn't help immediately drawing parallels between this artist's message about his own personal struggles, and Dan. Guess I just found it interesting seeing Dan being passionate about an artist who's music mainly seems to focus on LGBT issues, self acceptance, personal relationships/love. Especially curious given the amount of self love & acceptance we have seen from Dan in 2017. :)

Seeing Dan purchase their merch says to me that he's not just a casual fan of Mike Hadreas' work. Whether it means he relates to Perfume Genius lyrics or not, I'm not sure. I'm very happy to see Dan supporting an LGBT artist either way! <3
Okay, I wanted to point out the Perfume Genius T-shirt thing too but I wasn't 100 percent sure as I couldn't find it online. fake fan. Also excuse my writing, I'm at an airport terminal, I have limited time. I like your analysis of Dan relating himself to the band though. I was listening to a podcast that went in depth about "Slip Away" and it's apparently about the lead singers long term relationship with his boyfriend of 8 years and the kind of love that comes with a long lasting relationship!! So, I very much see deppy whenever I think about this song in particular.
:cactus:
Ticia
suspended
Pronouns: her / she

archived wrote:
fancybum wrote:
nerdysporks wrote:The blurb on the website about the interview says "Join them for a free-flowing and funny chat about fame, resisting definition, comedy and cakes." https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/the-grea ... 6823383732

I know there's a lot of ambiguity when it comes to the terms "resisting definition" and that it's being discussed a lot in the Phandom right now but especially in light of Deppy's (specifically dan's) resistance towards defining their sexualities, and given that the individual interviewing them is somewhat of an LGBT icon in London, I think it's definitely probable that some of the discussion will center around sexuality
I'll bet you a bag of Maltesers that sexuality does not come up at all. I think the 'resisting definition' is just supposed to tie into 'what it’s like being your own writers, editors and commissioners' ie. creating your own career outside of the traditional constraints of what all those things are supposed to mean and outside of the old media gatekeepers. edit: confusedpanda said it better.

Phandom needs to chill the fuck out. They don't talk about sexualities in any kind of blunt and straightforward way on any of their own channels or social media accounts, but suddenly they'll open right up about it during an hour long chat about media with a woman they've never met before just because she's a lesbian? ..lol?
Literally no one except a group of teenage girls (... and some much older women...) cares about their sexuality. I doubt the presenter or people arranging the talk will have religiously watched Dan's videos enough to even realise he is in anyway 'resisting defining his sexuality' and Phil has done nothing. (Yes Phandom I know it is crazy but a man talking vaguely fondly about another man =/= attraction for men)
Wow, you somehow managed to be unnecessarily offensive to the so-called "phandom" twice in five lines. Congrats?

Specially after seeing that Disney basically is producing it, I don't think they will touch any real grown-up issues, such as sexuality, gender or race issues. Regardless, the topics of the chat sound quite interesting, so I will be a happy cookie if Phil, for once, expresses his opinions.
archived
drama llama
Pronouns: dying

Ticia wrote: Wow, you somehow managed to be unnecessarily offensive to the so-called "phandom" twice in five lines. Congrats?

Specially after seeing that Disney basically is producing it, I don't think they will touch any real grown-up issues, such as sexuality, gender or race issues. Regardless, the topics of the chat sound quite interesting, so I will be a happy cookie if Phil, for once, expresses his opinions.
Who's being offensive though?

I can see where you are coming from with the Disney thing but the talk is with Sue Perkins and anyone who has watched Bake Off knows it is littered with sexual innuendos so I don't think it will be overly child-friendly, obviously to a certain extent because Dan and Phil have a youngish audience but I wouldn't be surprised if the talk got serious at points.
sorry if I come off a bit wanky

... but I'm probably right you know
Afunnyworld
sofa crease

I'm not sure if I missed it, but it seems as though neither Dan or Phil retweeted or even liked the announcement of the youtube take off event. Wouldn't that mean that a lot of fans missed the announcement? Is it possible that they will announce it in the liveshow on Thursday and release more tickets at that time, like maybe they just had to prove that there would be a minimum audience of something idk. (but for those who wanted to get the tickets and couldn't, don't be too hopeful unless you want your spirit crushed and your life to fall apart)
confusedpanda
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: Her/she

Afunnyworld wrote:I'm not sure if I missed it, but it seems as though neither Dan or Phil retweeted or even liked the announcement of the youtube take off event. Wouldn't that mean that a lot of fans missed the announcement? Is it possible that they will announce it in the liveshow on Thursday and release more tickets at that time, like maybe they just had to prove that there would be a minimum audience of something idk. (but for those who wanted to get the tickets and couldn't, don't be too hopeful unless you want your spirit crushed and your life to fall apart)
This happened before back in 2015 when they did a small book signing tour in the USA, the bookstores put up the notice before dan and Phil could even tweet about it and so the phandom found out from updatedphan and the tickets sold out instantly. Basically, the bookstores announced it without telling deppy when it was ok to mention it. They talked about it in a few live shows back then.
As for what happened now, they'll most likely mention that in the live show tomorrow yes, but personally I don't think anymore tickets will come out, unless seats open up due to tickets being returned or whatever. And it's the events fault for not letting deppy know a head of time they could announce it.
We're here, we're queer, we're filled with existential fear!
gif cred: pseudophan on tumblr
archived
drama llama
Pronouns: dying

confusedpanda wrote:
Afunnyworld wrote:I'm not sure if I missed it, but it seems as though neither Dan or Phil retweeted or even liked the announcement of the youtube take off event. Wouldn't that mean that a lot of fans missed the announcement? Is it possible that they will announce it in the liveshow on Thursday and release more tickets at that time, like maybe they just had to prove that there would be a minimum audience of something idk. (but for those who wanted to get the tickets and couldn't, don't be too hopeful unless you want your spirit crushed and your life to fall apart)
This happened before back in 2015 when they did a small book signing tour in the USA, the bookstores put up the notice before dan and Phil could even tweet about it and so the phandom found out from updatedphan and the tickets sold out instantly. Basically, the bookstores announced it without telling deppy when it was ok to mention it. They talked about it in a few live shows back then.
As for what happened now, they'll most likely mention that in the live show tomorrow yes, but personally I don't think anymore tickets will come out, unless seats open up due to tickets being returned or whatever. And it's the events fault for not letting deppy know a head of time they could announce it.
I remember the bookstore incident. But I would have thought that as soon as they found out it was announced they would have tweeted about it. They will probably bring it up in a liveshow but tweeting would reach a larger portion of their audience and could be done sooner so it seems a bit peculiar.
sorry if I come off a bit wanky

... but I'm probably right you know