Dan & Phil Part 53: another two months

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Phew, finally watched it all with the sound up so I can reply properly. We've got my mum's friend staying so I had it down and even then Dan's screaming was a bit much. She uses a computer for work, but is still intrigued by the technology even of rendering the race track in the game and how they earn from YouTube.

That was so sweet, cosy and low-key (well, except for the tech work that goes into it from their side). The 90s boom boom boom song references were cute, I don't think I appreciated at the time how risqué that Outhere Brothers song was, I just loved it when I was 13. Mario Kart too is so fun, it's the only game I play on my Wii U and I even bought a smaller controller for it cos the wide one hurts my hands with all the gripping at that angle (I have some awkward pains). I hope they keep non-spon chat going cos sponsoring them is £3.49 a month and they don't need it. If I had it, I'd rather give it to Chris on his Patreon really, those build up so... rationing. I watched him for a bit earlier and he said he'd got a long Ethernet cable to improve the stream and someone said they don't watch Pewds cos he only reads the spon chat. All right for some, but most streamers wouldn't have enough viewers who can afford that.

Phil was so damn cute whining about not doing very well. I know the pain, if I play online I come in last every time. I see Dan cutting corners and skipping under things to get ahead, I don't know if there are some tips beyond just practising. The trouble is losing online all the time lowers your points and I'll be -100 before I know it.

They both looked really good too, the light blue is cute on Phil and hey, bruise-views ftw. I missed the memo on shorts vs sheet, thinking it was boxers vs shorts, so I just watched the discussion after that. I hope he makes a video of it, if that's why he wouldn't say, but yes, moving boxes around sounds feasible. It seems hard to get one on your arm at the same time as your leg when both would need to be something fairly hard or sharp.

It's interesting how varied the Mii faces are, I wonder if a lot of people used the option of having the game look at a photo and choosing the features for you. I did that and it came up with something I'd never have thought of. Phil's pink Kirby outfit was so cute too. I like playing as a girl, so Peach or Daisy, and on a motorbike, but I'm still not sure if some vehicles are easier or faster than others.

Just involving the subscribers is what makes these so sweet, even though they're still separate and it's under their control, the outcome of the game isn't and it's a lovely vibe.

Re SITC, the answer's been given already, I was in the queue last time and it was bad. There's no way it's due to Tom not liking them, they're lovely guys and so is he.
fancybum
senpai

Were they only in Edinburgh for like one night and were they spotted much out and about while there? I mean, they went to the castle and that place must have been packed (though maybe with older touristy types who don't care who they are). Like.. how out of the realm of possibility would a DITLish video be..? I know the safest route is to keep expectations nonexistent always but they really didn't give away much from that trip and it's either because it was just there and back and no time all business or because they're keeping any good stuff (like bruise context? lol?) for a video.. But then if Phil had a video out of the trip already (whether DITL or a storytime-type thing) he probably wouldn't be asking about slime would he.. But did they really not get/post a pic with Sue Perkins? Really?! It's kind of weird how they haven't really acknowledged that talk at all (outside of liveshows) like Phil's twitter was just like 'cool I'm in Edinburgh' with no explanation as to why lol, and they didn't tweet a link to the video or anything afterward so what's up with that. But linking to it after having some BTS and Scotlandy goodness in a video on one of their channels would make sense... Ok, somebody crush my hopes into the ground please.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

I haven't talked about DAPG's first livestream on here yet but I loved it. It was pretty chill and funny, truly the superior type of livestream. Such a pity that it was super lagtastic during the second half, but they obviously have some stuff to figure out on the technical side so I hope it's better next time. Though they didn't seem bothered enough to say anything about it which brings me to my next point: moving theories. I'm wearing only a tiny tinfoil hat for now but I'm definitely a little -insert illuminatie emoji- about it at this point. Are we thinking before Christmas or early next year? :')
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual
Pronouns: she/her

jesp wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:08 pm I'm glad that I can finally give you all some good news - we've fully migrated to our new host, and the board has been updated to the newest version of phpBB, which brings some nifty new features like the ability to jump back to the original post when it's quoted in another post, as well as the forum theme being responsive, which means that it will automatically adapt to different devices {so no more squinting at your phone screen when reading IDB}.

You might, however, have also noticed an uptick in the amount of spam posts over the last couple of days. At the moment, we don't have the all of the usual spam prevention measures in place so they're slipping through. We'd really appreciate if you would report any spam posts that you see, and remember not to click on any link that looks even mildly suspicious to you. We hope to have our full spam prevention measures back in place soon.

There are also small issues with links to the forum not working, especially in both the Forum FAQs and Dan & Phil FAQs. I'm working on updating them all, and hope to have them sorted as soon as possible.

Finally, we're working on restoring the previous custom themes, as well as our other custom features. This is a little difficult because of the software upgrade - the previous forum styles that the old custom themes were based on are not compatible with phpBB 3.2, so we're working on workarounds for that.

More updates will follow as soon as we've managed to get things working fully again, and in the meantime if you have any questions or concerns please do let me or another mod know. Thank you once more for your patience.
Thanks for the update and your hard work and that of all the mods! :bow-down emoji:

I have one question that I hope is of general interest: will our avatars get restored as part of the themes? No rush, but I perhaps miss them more than the emoji--they make it so much easier to track the conversation!
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
jesp
why bother

LeftHandedism wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:35 pmI have one question that I hope is of general interest: will our avatars get restored as part of the themes? No rush, but I perhaps miss them more than the emoji--they make it so much easier to track the conversation!
I'm afraid not, they're something that can't be transferred with the type of transfer we did. It's safe for people to upload their avatars again now, though, with the same restrictions as previously.
QuiteFriendly
drama llama

fancybum wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:55 pm Were they only in Edinburgh for like one night and were they spotted much out and about while there? I mean, they went to the castle and that place must have been packed (though maybe with older touristy types who don't care who they are). Like.. how out of the realm of possibility would a DITLish video be..? I know the safest route is to keep expectations nonexistent always but they really didn't give away much from that trip and it's either because it was just there and back and no time all business or because they're keeping any good stuff (like bruise context? lol?) for a video.. But then if Phil had a video out of the trip already (whether DITL or a storytime-type thing) he probably wouldn't be asking about slime would he.. But did they really not get/post a pic with Sue Perkins? Really?! It's kind of weird how they haven't really acknowledged that talk at all (outside of liveshows) like Phil's twitter was just like 'cool I'm in Edinburgh' with no explanation as to why lol, and they didn't tweet a link to the video or anything afterward so what's up with that. But linking to it after having some BTS and Scotlandy goodness in a video on one of their channels would make sense... Ok, somebody crush my hopes into the ground please.
Oh, don’t get my hopes up. Filming a DITL away from home AND when they’re on a work trip would be perfect for them really. It gives them a good excuse to not show more of their flat as the same time as they have a good (non romantic) excuse for travelling. I agree that they have been very low key about the whole thing.

I would love a bts of them preparing for the talk with Sue and some Edinburg sightseeing. That would actually be a real day in their life, right? But is there enough for them to think it’s good content?

But really:
fancybum wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:55 pm the safest route is to keep expectations nonexistent always
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Catallena wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:32 pm I haven't talked about DAPG's first livestream on here yet but I loved it. It was pretty chill and funny, truly the superior type of livestream. Such a pity that it was super lagtastic during the second half, but they obviously have some stuff to figure out on the technical side so I hope it's better next time. Though they didn't seem bothered enough to say anything about it which brings me to my next point: moving theories. I'm wearing only a tiny tinfoil hat for now but I'm definitely a little -insert illuminatie emoji- about it at this point. Are we thinking before Christmas or early next year? :')
I think I'm hovering in the "before pinof" expected time frame right now.
emmaP
phillion/danosaur <//3

Hi everybody!

long time lurker here! first of all: you're all great and I love you and all your sherlock skills.
secondly: I kind of get the impression that there are way more people my age (25) on this board than on youtube/tumblr/etc which I think is great!

anyway, the reason why I decided to make an account is because I was casually stalking looking at dans instagram and I found this page in the list of accounts he's following: https://www.instagram.com/daniel.howell.co/
does anyone know if its his secret account or something ? has anyone discussed this yet? (I've searched online but bloody hell there are a lot of topics on here)

also: phil slime vid? yes please.
albion
drama llama

emmaP wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:40 pm

anyway, the reason why I decided to make an account is because I was casually stalking looking at dans instagram and I found this page in the list of accounts he's following: https://www.instagram.com/daniel.howell.co/
does anyone know if its his secret account or something ? has anyone discussed this yet? (I've searched online but bloody hell there are a lot of topics on here)
He bought the instagram name danielhowell off someone else called danielhowell who has a protected account, so daniel.howell.co is actually just the guy he bought it off from.
daichii
rainbow nerd
Pronouns: she | her

I'd love a slime vid but on the second channel, it would be a nice follow up to the kinetic sand one.

I enjoyed the livestream up to when Phil started playing, after that it was way too laggy. I watched the rest after they finished the stream but it still has a lot of lag. I'm not sure how live streaming works but was this one so bad since they were playing with the phandom too? Do you think it might improve of they just play on their own something live?

Also thanks to the mods for all their work!
flarequake
not an airport stalker

Gotta love the angle. Those look like his running shoes, he doesn't often seem to wear Nikes anyway. Also, nice ankles. Poor little Lego man.
sparkle
blobfish

flarequake wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:04 pm Gotta love the angle. Those look like his running shoes, he doesn't often seem to wear Nikes anyway. Also, nice ankles. Poor little Lego man.
holy shit - if anyone needs a boat you could use one of Dans shoes. His feet are fucking massive.

He looks like he's wearing exercise clothes, I don't think he'd wear Nikes for their aesthetical value. Could the reason people are thinking he looks leaner because he's actually been exercising and the 'lol we never go outside and just eat pizza' is just part of his #relatable branding :lol: I think they're a lot healthier than they let on.

also thank you so much to the mods for all the behind the scenes stuff you've been doing <3 (and yay for having the Dan theme back - I love me a good dark mode!)
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

sparkle wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:31 pm also thank you so much to the mods for all the behind the scenes stuff you've been doing <3 (and yay for having the Dan theme back - I love me a good dark mode!)
I love having the Dan theme back - my eyes cannot cope with the light themes.
We have three styles back so far, the Dan one is pretty similar to the last one, but the Phil and Galaxy aren't similar at all as yet. People can use these styles, but we will be changing them over time (it might take some time but we will get there) to try and resemble what they used to be like (although I lovelovelove the Galaxy text and layout as it is tbh).

Just glad the initial move is done and has been successful, the last few weeks have been quite stressful behind the scenes with us worrying about downtime and stripping the forum back to basic so I am definitely glad that we are up and running. It'll be nice to see everyone getting their avatars back up (max of 200x200) and when we get the emojis back on.

Thank you all again for being patient with us and a massive thank you to Ashley for hosting and helping us along the way <3
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
liola
rankussy

First of all, thank you to the staff for all the amazing behind the scene work of the past days! I love the new layout and the mobile experience is great! *worship emoji*

I was super sure that the reason why Phil didn't want to say how he got his bruises was because he was saving it for a video, but then he's apparently going to do a slime video (which YES thank you and please, there will be close up on his hands and I LOVE his hands) so..I'm back on the moving theory. Not that I ever left that train but you know :mrgreen:

Dan exercising, I see he keeps lying and then giving us receipts to debunk it, nice! I wonder if they go running together or not? Some people hate working out with others, personally I prefer to have someone with me if I ever decide to exercise which is way less than Dan and Phil because I'm someone who REALLY rarely leaves the house

Anyway, I actually got here to post this, in case someone needs to brighten their day. I think I watched it in loop like three times - I love my boy.
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
citizen_erased
truth bomb

missemma wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:43 pm
sparkle wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:31 pm also thank you so much to the mods for all the behind the scenes stuff you've been doing <3 (and yay for having the Dan theme back - I love me a good dark mode!)
I love having the Dan theme back - my eyes cannot cope with the light themes.
We have three styles back so far, the Dan one is pretty similar to the last one, but the Phil and Galaxy aren't similar at all as yet. People can use these styles, but we will be changing them over time (it might take some time but we will get there) to try and resemble what they used to be like (although I lovelovelove the Galaxy text and layout as it is tbh).

Just glad the initial move is done and has been successful, the last few weeks have been quite stressful behind the scenes with us worrying about downtime and stripping the forum back to basic so I am definitely glad that we are up and running. It'll be nice to see everyone getting their avatars back up (max of 200x200) and when we get the emojis back on.

Thank you all again for being patient with us and a massive thank you to Ashley for hosting and helping us along the way <3
Thanks so much to all the mods for the hard work! I can't even imagine how stressful this has been. If I'm glad it's mostly over, you must be incredibly happy about it.

I was still a bit too new before the forum started going down to change the theme, but I'm glad it's possible again. Loving the galaxy theme! :D

re Dan's running: aw shucks, I'd considered going running tonight but went kind of 'meh' and now I feel guilty :lol: (which is also why I think it'd be great if they ditched the 'cave dwelling pizza eating nerds' image and were more open about healthy living. They could have such a massive impact on young people's lifestyles, especially considering the soaring obesity rates in the UK.)
RiriPandaHeart2
phabergé

Edit: I've figured it out already. My bad. Thanks to all the mods and our new host for all the hard work. We appreciate your efforts so much. <3
P: What are you doing?

D: I'm feeding it to you.

P: Why is it so slow?
sentinel
lady door

flarequake wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:04 pm Gotta love the angle. Those look like his running shoes, he doesn't often seem to wear Nikes anyway. Also, nice ankles. Poor little Lego man.
What the fuck is he like size 47 or something??
flarequake
not an airport stalker

Lol, size 47. I think it's partly the angle of the photo, but isn't he a size 11 maybe? And Phil 12? I don't know really.

Edit - watched an old Phil vyou video and he said he's 11. I think he has longer feet (cos he couldn't wear the light-up soled shoes and Dan can) so Dan might be 10.

Nice to have the themes coming back, got my AmazingPhil on again. Still need to dig out my avatar.
sparkle
blobfish

flarequake wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:11 pm Lol, size 47. I think it's partly the angle of the photo, but isn't he a size 11 maybe? And Phil 12? I don't know really.

Nice to have the themes coming back, got my AmazingPhil on again. Still need to dig out my avatar.
Phil is an 11

Not sure on Dan - I'm guessing because he's a similar height to Phil he'd be an 11-13 maybe?

edit: damnit you beat me to it :lol:
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
karma_yeah
philussy

If someone would be kind enough to post instructions for uploading an avatar, or pm them to an old, non-computer-literate person, I'd appreciate it.

Warning: It will need to be kindergarten/101/dummy-proof level :oops:
What goes around, comes around Image
somethingsketchy
janice from the shop

flarequake wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:11 pm Lol, size 47. I think it's partly the angle of the photo, but isn't he a size 11 maybe? And Phil 12? I don't know really.

Edit - watched an old Phil vyou video and he said he's 11. I think he has longer feet (cos he couldn't wear the light-up soled shoes and Dan can) so Dan might be 10.
EU size 47 is something like UK size 13. To me his shoes don't look that big even though they still kind of look like canoes. :D
jesp
why bother

karma_yeah wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:21 pm If someone would be kind enough to post instructions for uploading an avatar, or pm them to an old, non-computer-literate person, I'd appreciate it.

Warning: It will need to be kindergarten/101/dummy-proof level :oops:
There's a handy guide in our Forum FAQs. It covers using gifs for your avatar, but the exact same process works for pictures.

If you have any problems with it, feel free to send me a PM.
sentinel
lady door

somethingsketchy wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:25 pm

I was guessing based on my tall male friends tbh lol but Dan is certainly at least 45 imo (UK 10.5)
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Another like from Dan on twitter:
I wonder how much attention he pays to usernames on posts like these? Do they just not phase him at all anymore?

Also still not over Phil liking the "Thinking 'bout boys(/buoys)" one.
pastelspectre
stress mushroom
Pronouns: he/him

i watched the mario kart stream fully last night!! it was so cute and although the lag was..horrific, it was still good and i liked the bants and how much they interacted with the chat ^-^
:transheart: