Dan & Phil Part 53: another two months

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
cherrybomb3
cheeky #spon
Pronouns: he/him

current aesthetic - albion's signiture gif thing
pilotlight
#relatable

Dickscourse, huh?

Unrelated but the forum looks really great on mobile (and just generally), thank you to the admins/mods for all your work. :D
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

Y'all are definitely taking dick talk way too seriously. But that's been said and done; I'll refer back to the jingle that mango made a while back... the best way to see the forum topic move on is to start a new convo yourself. :) people accept that way more readily than shaming/policing, which tends to just draw the convo you're not liking out even more.
cherrybomb3
cheeky #spon

alittledizzy wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:42 am Y'all are definitely taking dick talk way too seriously.
story of my life tbh
pilotlight
#relatable

Just to clarify, I wasn't trying to shame or police anyone, I just didn't have anything to add and I thought the gif was applicable. :)
iwishiwasacasual
glabella

lets go back to talking about phil's teeth again, that was fun! or a topic that we all agree on like queerbaiting, that sounds really great!!!
aleanna
glabella

iwishiwasacasual wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:02 am lets go back to talking about phil's teeth again, that was fun! or a topic that we all agree on like queerbaiting, that sounds really great!!!
how about some cultural apropriation talk. That's always a fun one!
Check out my YouTube channel where I post badly edited vlog-things: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4MzLr ... nRQQMRpp6A
dontpanic
#relatable

susan2 wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:27 pm
Also, from Karen Smith on Broadcast: Talking TV:
[09:50] - https://soundcloud.com/broadcastnow/100 ... tival-2017
...she said some nice things but ugh, they don't need someone to sit down with them (how patronising) they're grown men who aren't in any way naive that it's about money.
I think she was trying to say that Dan-a-lamba and Phil-o-rino could teach the TV executives a thing or two, not the other way around. at least that's how I understood it? When she said "some horrible TV exec" would sit them down and say "it's all about the money," she follows that up by saying "but [Deppy] are actually make a living out of [having their content be global]," and that "they might be able to help us come up with creative solutions."

There's no reason for me to point this out except I wanted a reason to quote this, I feel way too proud of deppy for gaining the respect of people even outside of the YouTube community.

Edit, dic talk
I mean, Deppy are probably expecting dic talk in general, if I was them and decided to go read about myself on a fan forum deep in the internet, I'd be more caught off-guard by the entire thread dedicated to lovingly appreciating my nose. (Might just be me, though. I need a thread complimenting my nose tbh, it's my worst feature.)

I mean, our og brand is middle-age nose perverts, right?
Viofish
glabella

human wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:05 pm Can you imagine how it would be if it was the other way around and if Phil was a person with breasts, and any time he was on screen in a shirt, the response would be "omg he has breasts! Look, the shirt is pulling tight in this gif/screencap, you can see nipple, look look!".
except that he already has some nice lookin tiddies ;) :lol:

gif credit: @hazyphil tumblr

gif credit: @doinganap tumblr

......glittery titties :garbage:
"when you finna nut but no one wants to help with your kink"
relatablemood
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

...What do we all agree on here? There has to be something or another. Hmm, questions that could potentially start new topics away from dicks and teeth (two things that should never be combined, btw):

-How long until we're gonna want Dan and Phil to leave YouTube and do different things?
- At what point did the majority of the Phandom all come to the conclusion that Phan is real, because it was only last year that there were still anti-phan blogs + anti phan proof floating around Tumblr so it's surprising how strongly people believe in it now, even if they don't ship it
- Are Dan and Phil gonna write another book this decade?
- Why haven't they gotten Patreon yet? Is their fanbase too big or is there just no need for it?
- Regarding the Forever Home, what do you think would be the ideal location/design of the house?
- How big do you think Phil's di -

Kidding :garbage:
i want dan's hair and phil's hips
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Patreon? Good grief, I doubt they need that. In my mind it's for smaller creators who aren't raking it in from views and merch. I support a few and only have room for a few more, it won't be them I'm paying on there, it'll be Chris next tbh. Anyone can still set one up anyway, it's good to have multiple revenue streams since sites like YouTube and their advertisers can't be trusted not to change their algorithm or just withdraw.
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

Oh, I totally forgot to check my predictions!
LtrllySusan wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:32 am Predictions for next week! Place your bets now :geek:

I think we might get a DINOF video today. Dan said it was in the making on Thursday, and there's been 2 days since Dream Daddy.

Tuesday will have a Dan LS since he cancelled the last one and so he can talk about the video.

Thursday is the mysterious event with that TV host whose name I forgot (not British, don't hate me), so no Phil LS but I predict a Sims video.

Saturday or Sunday they'll try the gaming stream. I personally hope it'll be at least 1.5h, else it's barely worth starting and they'll need some time to warm up probably.
DINOF video - check
Tuesday LS - check
Thursday no LS + gaming video - half check cause it wasn't SIms
Gaming stream - double check cause if you were in the right time zone it was Saturday AND Sunday :D

Anyone wanna try for this week?
somethingsketchy
janice from the shop

LtrllySusan wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:39 am Gaming stream - double check cause if you were in the right time zone it was Saturday AND Sunday :D
Lol, I Iive in that exact time zone and was livid when the notification for the stream came because I had been about to go to bed by midnight. On the other hand, I got to spend the first 30 min of my birthday watching cute Deppy action so I couldn't stay mad at them for long. :garbage:

Re: the forever home: I can't really see them moving out of London any time soon because of their career, but maybe they'd get a house somewhere on the outskirts of the London area.
flarequake
not an airport stalker

I wouldn't discount moving out of London say to Brighton, it depends how close they want to be, I suppose, and where they prefer to live (well, that's a given really I guess). I think Dan said a while back that he likes London, though, I think cos of everything being so close.
oliviazoe
placenta

i was so sure we would get a golfing vid last night hmm oh well/ here are my predictions for the rest of the week

•tonight: dans live show :--)
•wednesday: hmm possibly phils slim video so he can talk about it in his liveshow
•thursday: phils liveshow :------)
•saturday:golf with friends
:garbage:
sparkle
blobfish

I love how I leave for ONE DAY to go bowling (came second out of 6 - not bad, would've finished first if I hadnt dicked around on my last throw by using the ramp) and I come back and the entire thread is reminding of that bit from Juno where she's like 'all I see is pork swords' :lol:

This week my predictions are:
Dan liveshow tonight - unless something big happens - I think he's going to talk about the stream obviously and I can't decide if they'd do a joint live show to talk about the stream, or one/both of them are going to gauge the mood in their respective shows.
Phil video imminently, I would've thought yesterday - he's normally v predictable - which he could upload today so Dan can skip a live show.
Golf - I'm so fucking ready for it - I would give ANYTHING for it to be tomorrow.
Phil live show
MAYBE another live stream this weekend

also i'm still onboard with the moving soon theory - I wouldn't be surprised if they were in a new place between now and March - I wouldn't be surprised if they moved in October but bulk filmed halloween videos so they could move without us really noticing, which is why they could confirm spooky week etc because they've planned it all out :garbage: (MY FAVE HAS RETURNED FROM WAR <3)

though I was talking to somethingsketchy and managed to convince myself they were moving to her country... oops :lol:
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
DatCog
blobfish

Just popping into say hi! I've got nothing of any value to contribute to recent discussions because I haven't actually seen any D&P footage since the second Dream Daddy :shock: I'm currently in Tokyo and have insufficient internet to reliably stream video :( Anyway, I've had an amazing time and have managed to visit lots of places featured in the Japan DITL which weirdly made me feel more connected to them than being back in the UK!! Back home soon and looking forward to a nice handful of D&P videos to watch, especially the joint livestream from last week and the Sue Perkins Edinburgh interview (and hopefully some golf...please) :)
thephandommenace
procrastinator
Pronouns: they/them

DatCog wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:07 pm Just popping into say hi! I've got nothing of any value to contribute to recent discussions because I haven't actually seen any D&P footage since the second Dream Daddy :shock: I'm currently in Tokyo and have insufficient internet to reliably stream video :( Anyway, I've had an amazing time and have managed to visit lots of places featured in the Japan DITL which weirdly made me feel more connected to them than being back in the UK!! Back home soon and looking forward to a nice handful of D&P videos to watch, especially the joint livestream from last week and the Sue Perkins Edinburgh interview (and hopefully some golf...please) :)
I hope you're enjoying Tokyo! Was the map accurate (enough)? What did you enjoy the most? :D

I've had nothing to add for a while. The livestreams were cute obviously, I'm not commenting on dickscourse, and my ears feel like they're stuffed with gauze rn :lol: Manchester Pride was... long and wild
oliviazoe
placenta

Have you guys seen any of the lemonade money videos? They are truely stunning ! my favourite being the one with lorde underwater I'm sure Dan would agree

http://lemonademoney.tv/portfolio/becoming-lorde/

mmmm I'm so hyped the secret project it's going to be a visual masterpiece!!
:garbage:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

It looks like right now the top two patreons (via patron count) are a podcast that says it makes 80k a month from its patrons, and Philip DeFranco (who doesn't list what he earns). Both have under 20,000 people. While I don't remotely want them to, because deps don't need that kind of direct crowdfunding, it would be hilarious to see them instantly crush Patreon records.

(And then less hilarious to see the backlash/outcry over them abusing a system primarily used by people who don't make millions from youtube proper and associated businesses. I'm guessing Philip DeFranco only gets away with it because he creates daily news content, and started the Patreon on the heels of parting with his former parent company.)
sparkle
blobfish

gohomohowell wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:49 am - At what point did the majority of the Phandom all come to the conclusion that Phan is real, because it was only last year that there were still anti-phan blogs + anti phan proof floating around Tumblr so it's surprising how strongly people believe in it now, even if they don't ship it
I have revision I should be doing but this seems more interesting right now.

From my perspective as someone who was out of the Phandom for the entirety of 2016 and then came back looking to catch up after Dan killed off Danis No Ton Fire. The 'big indicators' are:
- moving together for a 3rd time - as two millionaires who *at the time* were 30 and 25 - you can afford to not live together. Moving again shows a level of commitment, if they were gonna move apart moving out of their old apartment was the perfect time, especially because there were so many hints. It would have been more sense to be building to a 'Phan isn't real, we're going our separate ways guys, these are our partners' than a 'were moving to our non forever home', indicating a fourth move.
- forever home and a future dog - these boys are more committed than my parents at this point tbh
- BONCAS incident - like Phil thanked Dan and brought him up on stage in a way that indicates their relationship is more than just two p l a t o n i c bros doing p l a t o n i c bro things.
- Roast Yourself - Dan acknowledged his sexuality in a way that IIRC he has never done before - its no longer debatable that Dan is heterosexual, I think he's made it fairly clear he isn't and this is one of the most explicit examples
- Tinder videos - Phil's because it was something in the past - Dan because he firstly didnt just do women, never made it weird that it wasn't only women (i.e NO HOMO), and he admitted to never having used Tinder before. And there were absolutely zero forever alone jokes from them. What a better time to make one than in a #spon for a dating app.
- Phil's room - Phil is a man of simpler tastes than Dan, Phil likes nice things but he isn't as materialistic than Dan (not a bad thing either way) but I have a hard time believing Philip '6"2' Lester sleeps in that room, and so do a lot of people.
- Tour Bus Room - Do we really think Daniel "6'3" Howell (google tells me he's 6"4 though) slept in a bunk? Really? For months? Especially because the sign on the door clearly said 'Dan and Phil'.
- Moon Room - apart from being GORGEOUS, this room was supposed to never be on the internet. It is much bigger than Phil's room, and it contained things that are questionable in who they belong to. Furthermore, if you watch Dans eyes during it, I do believe Phil was sat on the floor and Dan was looking for his permission in what to show. I don't think that we only saw approximately half of it was any coincidence. He wouldn't have just shown it - if Phil was editing/test streaming, doing a live show is also part of Dans job and that should have taken precedence over whatever Phil was doing.
and finally
- THAT video - not that video, I mean THAT video - that hot sexual mess of a baking video - and their attitude that has come after it. It is genuinely different, before they announced DAPG I remember everyone on tumblr being like 'HOLY SHIT ITS GONNA BE A COMING OUT VIDEO!!111!!1!!!!1!11111!', if that video had dropped in 2014 I swear to god the internet would have exploded. If some of the videos they are making now had happened then, the reaction would be the same. But there is an attitude shift and its not just confirmation bias either, its obvious to someone who was away for so long, it felt like coming home but the same way that it felt when I came home for christmas after leaving for uni and my parents had redecorated my room. It is the same, but its also different.

I do genuinely think they drop hints though - like they have admitted to it in the past. I think they've been dropping hints and people are picking up on them and that is why there is a noticeable attitude shift. I think its more believable now because D&P are consciously making it more believable to us.

Wouldn't be surprised if they did a coming out video, whereas before it would've been A Big Deal™, now it would just me being like 'fucking OBVIOUSLY'. And I think thats why its been mostly accepted now, before it felt like tinhatting and speculation on tiny details. Now it feels like its deliberate subtext. And because they are part of the entertainment industry, I can't help but think this feels like we're living in a period of foreshadowing.
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
liola
rankussy

I would very much dislike if Deppy used Patreon, to be honest, and I think the phandom would very much give a lot of bad reactions.

I've been supporting Pentatonix via Patreon since they started it, mostly because they release tour dates early there and previews from videos and do exclusive livestreams, when they remember about it :roll: It was nice at first, and I was happy because it helped support their music videos which got bigger and better and you can choose your pledge and get a thank you prize out of it. But the bigger they got, the more salty people became about Patreon - things are leaked all the time, so people that pay get frustrated because they could as well not pay and get the exclusives anyway. Plus a couple of times Patreon fucked up the paying system and billed 5 months of pledges in one time - thankfully it was then split in 2 times for people who billed 100 bucks per month :roll:

All of this to say, nope, they better stay away from Patreon. I also think it would become a source of anxiety if, for example, the pledge were per video released - I can imagine Dan be even more self conscious about his creative process and fell pressured to post something if subscribers were actively paying for it, and the negative comments would feel even more harsh because there's direct cash involved..

Now I'm going back to pretend I'm writing my thesis and studying for my last exam. Which hahahaha what are you saying of course I am pfff
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
fancybum
senpai

sparkle wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:22 pm Wouldn't be surprised if they did a coming out video, whereas before it would've been A Big Deal™, now it would just me being like 'fucking OBVIOUSLY'. And I think thats why its been mostly accepted now, before it felt like tinhatting and speculation on tiny details. Now it feels like its deliberate subtext. And because they are part of the entertainment industry, I can't help but think this feels like we're living in a period of foreshadowing.
Is this like a hypothetical, or do you actually expect them to make a coming out video? And if so, do you mean a joint one 'coming out' about their relationship, or joint/separate about their sexualities only?
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
autumnhearth
senpai

Nicely done last week LtrllySusan! <3 sparkle

I've been thinking mostly the same things. Dan seemed to be looking forward to his liveshow, he mentioned during the gaming livestream that he would talk about Taylor Swifts' new song on Tuesday. So I don't think he will duck out. The question is: will it be back on YouNow and in the piano nook or on YouTube/somewhere else in the duplex?

Do we think Phil will still do a slime video after that poll? He tweeted "all my slimey dreams are dead", but the final results had 82% in favor. And no one is actually going to unsubscribe. I really hope he does it. What happened to panel!Phil who said he doesn't consider what his subscribers want but makes what he would want to watch? Or just you know make what you want to make, even if you've watched a hundred slime videos already. Stick to your guns Phil and show us those beautiful hands! So hopefully AP video Wednesday, but maybe Friday.

Give me the frickin golf! I need it! Please. Hopefully one of the boys will give us a date for that during their ls.
Glad to see the happy trashcan back. :garbage:
Oh and welcome back cherrybomb3
nigel ratburn
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

(hello everyone!! i am new)

On the subject of deppy starting a Patreon, I personally would be pretty annoyed if they were to do so, a) because at this point they clearly don't need one, and b) given what Dan said about Vessel way back when I feel like it would be hypocritical. Obviously they've made paid content before (and not without major backlash, either), but the idea of having to pay them on a constant and consistent basis for extra content irks me a bit given how successful they already are-- and because I know I wouldn't be able to resist paying for it. Also, pressure to make "quality content" would only increase once said content is behind a paywall, and Dan definitely does not need to perceive any more of that pressure.

Re: a hypothetical coming out video- The only way I can see deppy explicitly acknowledging their separate sexualities or their relationship in the near future would be a video from Dan that makes it obvious beyond a reasonable doubt that he's not heterosexual (I would argue he's already done this like three times, but apparently some people don't think so, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯). Maybe an old-school dinof sketch-style video about something embarrassing or awkward that happened to him once that involves his sexuality, idk. I would love to be proven wrong, but I think they're fully invested in ambiguity for the time being.