Dan & Phil Part 53: another two months

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides
Pronouns: she/her

gif credit: phaninspace

gif credit: pseudophan

just to add: If your post is related to D&P then this does not need to go under off topic, even if it's a completely different discussion from the one occurring.

Also, as to not lose new discussion, the last post from the previous thread.
fancybum wrote:How about some joint liveshow predictions?

I'll start with:
-they'll talk more about the live gaming (maybe even give a date of when they'll start.. lol no that's too much)
-Phil will do a terrible Scottish accent
-they'll insult Canada when talking about geoguessr

Just trying to manage expectations :D
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
archived
drama llama
Pronouns: dying

Can someone explain the whole week in March thing becasue I heard about it but never really understood it.
sorry if I come off a bit wanky

... but I'm probably right you know
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

archived wrote:Can someone explain the whole week in March thing becasue I heard about it but never really understood it.

fancybum wrote:How about some joint liveshow predictions?

I'll start with:
-they'll talk more about the live gaming (maybe even give a date of when they'll start.. lol no that's too much)
-Phil will do a terrible Scottish accent
-they'll insult Canada when talking about geoguessr

Just trying to manage expectations :D
- Dan adds 'dingdong' to at least five separate phrases, at least one of them sounding euphemistic
- they'll talk more about live gaming but only to say they're 'practicing' or the software is tricky
- Dan makes a sexually suggestive comment about anime boy/musician/actor/Troye Sivan, Phil pretends not to hear it
- They actually insinuate that their posting schedule has been slow all of August because of a one hour interview they're doing at the end of the month
- Dan seeding an excuse for not doing his liveshow next week either
leaveimreading
drama llama

alittledizzy wrote:
The bit where he looks to his right always looked like he was just talking to phil real quick
sparkle
blobfish

[offtopic]why is this thread not 'sticky and cherry scented' c'mon guys :lol:[/offtopic]

i'm hoping tonight's live show is good - I can't watch it live but I'm in desperate need of cheering up after I exceeded my own limits of projecting onto Dan by punching an entire pint of water into my MacBook... kill me now.
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
Ewok
rainbow nerd

Off topic,
thanks for the warm welcomes a few pages back (God these threads move fast), everyone is super friendly here. Glad I stopped lurking and started posting :)
I am on the edge of my seat for today's live show, I love Dip n Pip interactions period. I could watch THEM watch paint dry. Keeping my expectations low though, as usual. I expect they'll announce their interview, and i expect we won't get to see any new angles of the house :(

Everyone on Tumblr is theorizing they've gotten a dog, but I just really, really don't see that. Sigh. These boys keep me on my toes for sure.
»»-————𝓯𝓵𝓸𝓹𝓹𝔂 𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓭𝓸𝓷𝓰————-««
sugar
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: they/them

oh, dan
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Dan, baristas and muffins are just the epitome of traumatic awkward, poor boy.
snokoplasmic
procrastinator

hah, phil chose a new header and in his tweet thanking the artist, he still referred to the vase as a giant glass
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Adding to my liveshow prediction: Dan spends an inordinately long amount of time talking about the muffin tweet, while we suffer and wait for him to say something we actually care about.
yellowsubmarine
hobbit hair

This awkward Dan tweets (or at least most of them) just so coincidentally happen before a liveshow. I'm sure he/they have more stuff to talk about, and I'm not saying that he does this to have some content but, that's exactly what I'm saying. :roll:
"Treat yourself, because you're special and you're worth it."
Ablissa
pastel persona

alittledizzy wrote:Adding to my liveshow prediction: Dan spends an inordinately long amount of time talking about the muffin tweet, while we suffer and wait for him to say something we actually care about.
I wish you were wrong, but let's face it, that's exactly what's going to happen.
My prediction: Phil will plug their merch (they just sent out a newsletter about discounts) and Dan will make fun of him for it.

Edit: Am I the only one that thinks the stuff they tweet about doesn't actually happen? I get the #relatable #awkward brand but... if it's all real, my god, I would never leave the house if I were them :lol:
onceinaugust
rainbow nerd

Ablissa wrote:I wish you were wrong, but let's face it, that's exactly what's going to happen.
My prediction: Phil will plug their merch (they just sent out a newsletter about discounts) and Dan will make fun of him for it.
Yep, that's definitely another thing that's going to take up some of the ls.
"You loved it, you want to do it more."
"Alright"
simmehchan
butt chair

Once again, the Dan and Phil school sale comes AFTER schools are back in my country. Great :(

"I think stalking someone to become their friend is rather weird" - Phil Lester, 2006
lishachi
eclipse shirt

onceinaugust wrote:
Ablissa wrote:I wish you were wrong, but let's face it, that's exactly what's going to happen.
Yep, that's definitely another thing that's going to take up some of the ls.
I usually get excited for their liveshows, especially joint ones, but I feel like they will definitely plug the merch (and the new notebook that conveniently comes out before people go back to school) and talk about dan's totally awkward encounter at the coffee shop. That and the talk thing they're going to be in. Honestly, I'm kind of bored of them right now, not sure if it's necessarily the content because we do get quite a bit. Who knows, I can't really articulate myself right now as I woke up from a 3 hour nap and my eyes hurt. To put it simply, I'm just a bit like 'meh' like I could take the content or leave it. (I feel like it is mostly Dan at this point, but I can't put my finger on why.)
yellowsubmarine wrote:This awkward Dan tweets (or at least most of them) just so coincidentally happen before a liveshow. I'm sure he/they have more stuff to talk about, and I'm not saying that he does this to have some content but, that's exactly what I'm saying. :roll:
Yep I feel the exact same. Conveniently had an 'awkward moment' for them both to comment on for a good 10 minutes. Maybe this is it, it's become predictable and that's why it's boring to me. Who the hell knows.
:biflag: :blackheart:
archived
drama llama

Ablissa wrote:
alittledizzy wrote:Adding to my liveshow prediction: Dan spends an inordinately long amount of time talking about the muffin tweet, while we suffer and wait for him to say something we actually care about.
I wish you were wrong, but let's face it, that's exactly what's going to happen.

Edit: Am I the only one that thinks the stuff they tweet about doesn't actually happen? I get the #relatable #awkward brand but... if it's all real, my god, I would never leave the house if I were them :lol:
I'm sure quite a few things they tweet about either don't happen or are in some way exaggerated. Bit like those tumblr story ending with 'and then they all clapped'. Obviously awkward things do happen and they seem to happen more often to some people then others but I think they might make stuff out as more awkward then they seem. Like maybe the first part of the tweet was true but Dan's reply was made up? Idk though, could be all real or all fake. They are good storytellers so when they retell tweets in videos or liveshows I like to take what they say with a inch of salt.

Ewok
rainbow nerd

Ablissa wrote:

Yes to all of this. Plug merch, talk about safe zany tweet, plug the interview coming up, light bants, the end. Brb while I cry. I'd do anything for an actual spontaneous not scripted joint live show!
»»-————𝓯𝓵𝓸𝓹𝓹𝔂 𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓭𝓸𝓷𝓰————-««
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

I am laughing so hard, you guys should become script writers. :lol:
(for ppl who didnt watch live - they dove right into muffin story followed by merch plug)
archived
drama llama

Okay a few minutes in and they have already mnetioned the tweet and plugged the #cheeky #spon

xaephan
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

LtrllySusan wrote:I am laughing so hard, you guys should become script writers. :lol:
(for ppl who didnt watch live - they dove right into muffin story followed by merch plug)
At least they confirmed Phil was also there and had to suffer through that awkward pun as well. In what world was Dan's reply not completely strange? That boy, I stg.

Speaking of the LS, anyone else having a lot of lag/disconnects? I usually watch on Tumblr but it's been unplayable so far.
if my heart was a compass you'd be north
previously myllakka
Ablissa
pastel persona

It's like they've got a checklist based on IDB predictions and they're going through it. Deppy read IDB confirmed *illuminati thingy*

Edit: Dan spoke briefly about the walk on Tuesday, but when asked who he went with, he said 'you don't know them'.
scientia
phabergé

idk why but Dan's annoying the shit out of me. Can he shut up and let Phil speak for two seconds on his own liveshow?
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

Ablissa wrote:It's like they've got a checklist based on IDB predictions and they're going through it. Deppy read IDB confirmed *illuminati thingy*
That's the reason the LS was delayed - they were just hoping for us to come up with more content to talk about ▲

I hope they talk about something that isn't directly related to something they've tweeted already.
obscureDnPreference
procrastinator
Pronouns: she/her/hers

Okay they've covered the new merch, Perkins interview, and awkward muffin story. There's a lot of time left!
"This is not children's television. I'm 26, I'm depressed, and I need edgy jokes to cope with my anxiety."
Daniel Howell, 10/30/17
archived
drama llama

scientia wrote:idk why but Dan's annoying the shit out of me. Can he shut up and let Phil speak for two seconds on his own liveshow?
I find it hard to watch. He always interrupts Phil, even when Phil is talking about his own video!