Dan & Phil Part 53: another two months

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
fondsmiles
phabergé
Pronouns: she/her

I... don't get it? is tom trying to say that he only said this for retweets? but how the heck did he think of dan coming into his house AS A JAPANESE SCHOOLGIRL? I am thoroughly confused
[x]
[x]
Ewok
rainbow nerd

fondsmiles wrote:I... don't get it? is tom trying to say that he only said this for retweets? but how the heck did he think of dan coming into his house AS A JAPANESE SCHOOLGIRL? I am thoroughly confused
I think Tom is playing off the "put Dan and Phil in the thumbnail to get more views" trope. The Japanese schoolgirl bit was most likely just for the lols random!1! effect to make the tweet that much more unbelievable.

Either way... Tom, wot. :lol: :lol:
»»-————𝓯𝓵𝓸𝓹𝓹𝔂 𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓭𝓸𝓷𝓰————-««
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

I thought that tweet was hilarious. Maybe it's a collaborative Flipside effort to reel us in more with lols. Phil's tweet was cute, I'm a rare person (I think) who loves the sound of bagpipes. Not into Irn Bru, but it is a fun orange fizzy thing (I remember the flavoured chewy sweets too, wow they were tangy).

I loved the liveshow, Dan so chilled, Phil appearing with his deep voice *chills* and seeing the onesies and their big storage boxes in the cupboard, plus the home of the Dil head.

I let Jacksfilms know we exist beyond the age of 12 and female, that ignorance, or attitude if they do know, is too irritating. That was like a backhanded compliment track anyway, some of them like about Jenna's dogs were awful.
felucca
truth bomb

flarequake wrote:That was like a backhanded compliment track anyway, some of them like about Jenna's dogs were awful.
[offtopic]There's actually this whole backstory to that joke, where Jack and Jenna have dissed each other's dogs jokingly back and forth for months now. Both are super mean about it but it's 100% consentual and they mean nothing by it. :) Playlist of all the dog dissing videos.[/offtopic]
dat veniam corvis, vexat censura columbas

:dh:
susan2
rainbow nerd

Lynsey
not a first-time poster

Hi all.

Just thought I'd take the time while the thread is kinda quiet to 'introduce' myself I guess. I've had an account on here for a little while now but I've always just been a lurker lol. I was talking to antiphannie on tumblr and she mentioned there were a couple people on here going to see dnp in Edinburgh tomorrow - I'm so glad because I'm going too and I was starting to worry I was the only one as I've literally not found one person who's going lmao.

Guessing the hotel wifi wasn't good enough for them to upload a gaming vid tonight, so fingers crossed for tomorrow instead!

I'm probably not going to be crazy active on here but yeah I just thought I'd say hi :)

(Also bear with me as I've no idea what I'm doing really lmao)
Appa
dank meme

annabanana
sofa crease

Went to rewatch Dan's ls and noticed that it was trending...

Hopefully this means many more youtube streams as I loved this one!!! (and the actual video quality seemed much better imo)

Also does anyone know how the trending page actually works? I was genuinely surprised to see a side channel ls on there. I know that both dnp main channel videos often trend but it always seems viewed as a negative thing because it brings in a bunch of random viewers/commenters....though I guess this is how they can gain new subscribers so idk.
Have a red velvet cupcake and for fucks sake, dip some toast in your soup. Bye.
ArtyJim
glabella

Appa wrote:
my mind immediately goes to "priest" when he wears that shirt idkw
Appa
dank meme

annabanana wrote:Went to rewatch Dan's ls and noticed that it was trending...

Hopefully this means many more youtube streams as I loved this one!!! (and the actual video quality seemed much better imo)

Also does anyone know how the trending page actually works? I was genuinely surprised to see a side channel ls on there. I know that both dnp main channel videos often trend but it always seems viewed as a negative thing because it brings in a bunch of random viewers/commenters....though I guess this is how they can gain new subscribers so idk.
idk about how factual this is but i remember emma blackery saying how it works here: she also mentioned how some videos are handpicked by humans for the trending page
impalamedean
smol bean

Appa wrote:
Lol.. Bryony just shaded Dan minutes after he posted that tweet.
Ewok
rainbow nerd

Honestly thank you Bryony. :lol:

Dan is literally a teen heartthrob. I mean, really. :roll: I could just bop him on the (beautiful) head.
»»-————𝓯𝓵𝓸𝓹𝓹𝔂 𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓭𝓸𝓷𝓰————-««
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

Appa wrote:

Could not agree more with Bryony.
Loafer
sofa crease

Appa wrote:
Please dan, I didn't spend 30 min of my life yesterday thinking about how attractive you looked for nothing.

Also, anyone else a bit concerned about Dan posting a picture where the hotel headboard and pillow were very obvious? I'm no sleuth bit it seems like that will basically tell people where they are staying. Seems a bit careless to me. I wouldn't be surprised if we get lots of "omg look who I randomly met!!" selfies tomorrow.
pastelspectre
stress mushroom
Pronouns: he/him

Loafer, I'd be a bit concerned if they could tell where deppy were staying just by a headboard and pillow :lol: but then again this is the phandom we're talking about

but yeah i saw that tweet and laughed tbh bc i can relate but also dan stop putting yourself down my dude
:transheart:
Lain
eclipse shirt

Skylar wrote:Loafer, I'd be a bit concerned if they could tell where deppy were staying just by a headboard and pillow :lol: but then again this is the phandom we're talking about
I would also be concerned. I'm certainly not curious enough to do a quick Google search and possibly find it approximately 4 minutes later. :? (I'll hold off on sharing until they're back home, but rest assured it looks vewy nice!)
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Lain wrote:
Skylar wrote:Loafer, I'd be a bit concerned if they could tell where deppy were staying just by a headboard and pillow :lol: but then again this is the phandom we're talking about
I would also be concerned. I'm certainly not curious enough to do a quick Google search and possibly find it approximately 4 minutes later. :? (I'll hold off on sharing until they're back home, but rest assured it looks vewy nice!)
We identified a hotel from a brick wall once. A headboard and pillow of a specific color? It's practically handing it to us.

(Not condoning. Just observing. And quietly closing out of google tabs. What don't mind me nothing to see here.)
Lain
eclipse shirt

alittledizzy wrote:
Lain wrote:
We identified a hotel from a brick wall once. A headboard and pillow of a specific color? It's practically handing it to us.

(Not condoning. Just observing. And quietly closing out of google tabs. What don't mind me nothing to see here.)
Ah yes, the brick wall. I remember tackling that one with fervor and I think discussing it on this forum before Deppy had actually left (which was a super embarrassing screw up and what reminds me to be careful now). I do find this 'sleuthing' (using loosely as that last hotel find was a 3-word Google Image search away) more fun than someone my age should, but I did thrive on mystery novels as a child and still love them and detective games at this age, so at least I'm consistent? :oops:
RRR98
drama llama

Question becouse I love how you people find this info. Does anyone have a job that involves these skills or are you just that skilled :lol:
Danting
smol bean

Lain wrote:
I stayed at -that hotel- last month for a wedding. :shock:
I've basically shared sheets with deppy now. 8-)
It's a little careless to post pictures of the room. Maybe they want to be found?
human
dan hand trash

Greetings from Edinburgh! Myself and flarequake are both in town, just went for breakfast and walked past the venue, all decked out with big YouTube signs lol.

And tbh I've never been to Edinburgh before and even I could work out where they were from that picture with a fan last night haha.
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

human wrote:Greetings from Edinburgh! Myself and flarequake are both in town, just went for breakfast and walked past the venue, all decked out with big YouTube signs lol.

And tbh I've never been to Edinburgh before and even I could work out where they were from that picture with a fan last night haha.
Have fun!! I'm looking forward to your updates :D
BSV
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

human wrote:Greetings from Edinburgh! Myself and flarequake are both in town, just went for breakfast and walked past the venue, all decked out with big YouTube signs lol.

Ooooh how exciting! Hope you guys have fun, what time are they on? I cant wait to see the video, where did they say it would be uploaded? :) :)
relatablemood
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

[offtopic]Just found myself scrolling through Bryony's Twitter and found that she's a Love Island fan. Did we ever get to hear why Dan and Phil didn't watch it this year? Non-British people be warned but it's the best damn reality show in the UK currently. Seriously, everyone from your grandmother to Stormzy was watching it so it's weird Dan and Phil didn't join in on the hype - yes, it's a predominately heterosexual show wherein people couple up, but the friendships are fire and the challenges/arguments are so funny and entertaining.[/offtopic]

Oh my God, have fun! Make sure to enjoy the experience of Edinburgh as a whole.
i want dan's hair and phil's hips
plath
sofa crease

Danting wrote:
Lain wrote:
I stayed at -that hotel- last month for a wedding. :shock:
I've basically shared sheets with deppy now. 8-)
It's a little careless to post pictures of the room. Maybe they want to be found?
The phandom's culture of stalking and overstepping boundaries isn't Dan and Phil's fault. They should be able to take a picture of their own face without people saying they're being "careless" - or, worse, suggesting that they're inviting people to come visit their hotel room.

The guys are probably tired from travelling and nervous/excited for the event, the last thing they want is a bunch of strangers pestering them when they're trying to wind down.
nope.