guild wars 2

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
lovely-daniel
phillion/danosaur <//3
Pronouns: she/her

whats up ppl.

so we all know that dan is a gw nerd, and so am i. im making this thread to talk about gw2 and dan as well and also to see if we can figure out more about his character. i know his main is a mesmer and he goes by 'Gabriel' in chat ( based on this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5j3XzQc7lAE )

i also heard from a friend that they know someone who actually plays with dan, and knows his guild and stuff, and they're secretly a phannie as well. they say he is super super nice to new players and tries to help them out between raids and stuff. idk, just specualtion. i hope this theorizing doesn't piss anyone off. i hope to play with him some day. any thoughts? plz reply!
-c
MythicalPinkTrashCan
phabergé

ehhhhh I'm more in the camp of not finding out anything with his toon (is it called toon in GW like it is in WOW?). I would hate for his info to become common knowledge and people ruining his GW experience with constant chats.
lovely-daniel
phillion/danosaur <//3

MythicalPinkTrashCan wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:50 am ehhhhh I'm more in the camp of not finding out anything with his toon (is it called toon in GW like it is in WOW?). I would hate for his info to become common knowledge and people ruining his GW experience with constant chats.
yeah i get what you mean. its your character. i just was curious as to what ppl thought. i dont necessarily want to find his username, but i just wanna know more about his nerdiness with GW bc i relate a lot to him. i want to hear more about what he loves ^-^ i hope that i run into him some day, but not search for him.
-c
scientia
phabergé

Same actually, I'm a huge GW/GW2 fan! I took the 22nd off work just so I can play the expansion all day lol. I'd love to know more about what types of professions/elite specs Dan plays, what he thinks of the story direction, etc.

Edit: I also totally get the desire to run into him in-game someday. Idk if you know of/like WoodenPotatoes but whenever I run into his characters I geek out a little :D
lovely-daniel
phillion/danosaur <//3

scientia wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:41 am Same actually, I'm a huge GW/GW2 fan! I took the 22nd off work just so I can play the expansion all day lol. I'd love to know more about what types of professions/elite specs Dan plays, what he thinks of the story direction, etc.

Edit: I also totally get the desire to run into him in-game someday. Idk if you know of/like WoodenPotatoes but whenever I run into his characters I geek out a little :D
oh my god haha i love it. i relate. i actually only started playing about a month ago and i am completely engulfed in the game. i decided to start as a human warrior.
-c
scientia
phabergé

lovely-daniel wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:00 am
scientia wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:41 am Same actually, I'm a huge GW/GW2 fan! I took the 22nd off work just so I can play the expansion all day lol. I'd love to know more about what types of professions/elite specs Dan plays, what he thinks of the story direction, etc.

oh my god haha i love it. i relate. i actually only started playing about a month ago and i am completely engulfed in the game. i decided to start as a human warrior.
Ahh nice! I understand, it takes over my life! If you ever need in-game buddies let me know!
lovely-daniel
phillion/danosaur <//3

scientia wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:00 am
lovely-daniel wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:00 am

Ahh nice! I understand, it takes over my life! If you ever need in-game buddies let me know!
i might just do that at some point
-c
dontpanic
#relatable

(I may have done the same thing...)

I actually got back into the fandom when youtube recommended dan's gw2 interview, I forgot how much I like how passionate he gets about things he loves... (plus I geek out almost as much as he did about the soundtrack/Lena Chappelle so he has good taste lol)

honestly, I just really really want to hear his thoughts when the PoF expansion comes out, but let's be real he's so not going to have a liveshow the week of its release lol. For some reason I also want to know if Dan subscribes to wooden potatoes, I don't even know what I would do with that information I'm just super curious.

lovely-daniel human warrior is an awesome starter, especially if you end up playing any pvp. I did ele first and while I love her now she was so complicated starting out haha.
Patatedouce
not a first-time poster

Yay GW2 player over here too :D
I'm sure he's following WP, or he at least tweeted him .... now how do I link this stuff..?
https://twitter.com/danielhowell/status ... 8692618240

Haven't check my own Tyrian net worth but it's probably embarassing compared to them.
Also I'm not sure if I remember correctly but I think he mentionned watching WP's video and saying something about him having a soothing voice ....?? Was it in a liveshow ? does that ring a bell to anyone else?

I'm pretty much only following WP for GW2 content on youtube, do you guys have any others to recommend? I'm not a great player by any means I've been playing casually for a few years with an IRL friend who got me in a guild recently and only now starting to force myself to be a bit more social and participate in missions and stuff! :) Still too anxious to actually talk on discord though... I liked Dan's video with ANet and how he had a hard time at first to find people to participate in stuff he wanted! #relatable ;)
Stakhanov
haru pillow
Pronouns: he / him

So there are other GW2 pahnnies out there after all :D the coments on his interview at arenanet were all "I have no idea about this game but I like to see Dan talk" that i wondered if maybe this was like his passion for F1 ... shared by nobody anywhere ever ;)

I'm Stakhanov.8402 btw feel free to add me. When i'm in game i'm often on teamspeak too on the guild wars 2 community server. Biggest active PVE community in europe i think (and i believe he mentions it in the vid)
I wish he would still command Chak Gerent with 100's of pugs like in the olden days, it would be fun to play with him :cry:
Finding my own inarticulate prose
Weirding out strangers and laughing at those
Jaundiced and jaded, postured and posed
Not that we’re special it’s just that we’re
Closing in on a place where we might get to be
Living real people regularly
lovely-daniel
phillion/danosaur <//3

oml i love that i have gw2 phannies ahhh this is great ^-^
-c
scientia
phabergé

dontpanic wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:33 am

(I may have done the same thing...)

I actually got back into the fandom when youtube recommended dan's gw2 interview, I forgot how much I like how passionate he gets about things he loves... (plus I geek out almost as much as he did about the soundtrack/Lena Chappelle so he has good taste lol)

honestly, I just really really want to hear his thoughts when the PoF expansion comes out, but let's be real he's so not going to have a liveshow the week of its release lol. For some reason I also want to know if Dan subscribes to wooden potatoes, I don't even know what I would do with that information I'm just super curious
Actually he does! He follows him on twitter too! And I remember once in a live show someone asked Dan if he liked ASMR videos and he said he would listen to WP in the background to relax. This ls was at least a year ago so it might not be the case today, but that was still cool to hear.
scientia
phabergé

Stakhanov wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:11 pm I'm Stakhanov.8402 btw feel free to add me. When i'm in game i'm often on teamspeak too on the guild wars 2 community server. Biggest active PVE community in europe i think (and i believe he mentions it in the vid)
I wish he would still command Chak Gerent with 100's of pugs like in the olden days, it would be fun to play with him :cry:
I'll add you! I'm smhc.7364 :D
dontpanic
#relatable

scientia wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:02 pm
Stakhanov wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:11 pm So there are other GW2 pahnnies out there after all :D the coments on his interview at arenanet were all "I have no idea about this game but I like to see Dan talk" that i wondered if maybe this was like his passion for F1 ... shared by nobody anywhere ever ;)

I'm Stakhanov.8402 btw feel free to add me. When i'm in game i'm often on teamspeak too on the guild wars 2 community server. Biggest active PVE community in europe i think (and i believe he mentions it in the vid)
I'll add you! I'm smhc.7364 :D
Adding y'all now :D I'm cournot.8953, I'd love to play with some other phannies!

I'm sometimes on teamspeak for world bosses and things, but tbh I usually don't use discord or other voice things unless I'm with people in my guild since it sometimes gets... awkward(?) when people hear a woman speak. It's not that often, but sometimes in PvP/W or even smaller PvE things I get some pretty rude/sexist comments thrown my way. Does that ever happen to anyone here?

edit: judging by the way he sometimes helps phil with the harder bits in games, I bet Dan was super helpful/sweet when he was command, I wish I could see him in action. I wouldn't be surprised if he has a mentor tag, he'd be perfect for it.
Patatedouce wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:05 pm I'm pretty much only following WP for GW2 content on youtube, do you guys have any others to recommend?
There's no one quite like the awesomeness that is WP, but bog otter is pretty good, especially for new and returning players. Dulfy is a channel I found by accident when I got super lost near the end of HoT story, they do short walk-through type stuff. it's usually more fun to figure things out by exploring, but if you ever feel on the verge of ragequitting and you don't know who to ask for help, Dulfy usually has a video that can help.
Patatedouce
not a first-time poster

Thank you dontpanic for the recommendations I'll check them out! :)

I totally get the ackward feeling in voice chats... I'm sorry you had some negative comments on teamspeak. I must admit I avoid talking so I didn't experience it. I also pretty much only interract (mostly listen) with my guild mates who are quite lovely and we have a female officer and she's great! :)
ravenreyes
sofa crease

this thread makes me so happy!! :love2:
i started playing gw2 a few months ago and it's completely ruined my life since and i'm so excited about pof. i just play by myself though bc i don't know anyone else who does lmao.
i remember hearing dan talk about it a few times but i was something else random that made me actually try it.

since i started i've definitely wondered what races/classes he plays and his thoughts on the story and characters and everything. but at the same time i don't think i want to know his exact character, just bits and pieces i guess haha.

i haven't posted on here in like a year but i'd been wondering if there was a thread like this here since i started playing and here it is!
also i'm pappersvaggar.7613 if anyone feel like adding me :)
english is not my first language
lovely-daniel
phillion/danosaur <//3

ravenreyes wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:15 pm this thread makes me so happy!! :love2:
i started playing gw2 a few months ago and it's completely ruined my life since and i'm so excited about pof. i just play by myself though bc i don't know anyone else who does lmao.
i remember hearing dan talk about it a few times but i was something else random that made me actually try it.

since i started i've definitely wondered what races/classes he plays and his thoughts on the story and characters and everything. but at the same time i don't think i want to know his exact character, just bits and pieces i guess haha.

i haven't posted on here in like a year but i'd been wondering if there was a thread like this here since i started playing and here it is!
also i'm pappersvaggar.7613 if anyone feel like adding me :)
im so glad i created this thread for all of you ^-^
-c
scientia
phabergé

I hope everyone has been enjoying PoF! I'm taking my time with it and am loving it
dontpanic
#relatable

scientia wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:00 pm I hope everyone has been enjoying PoF! I'm taking my time with it and am loving it
Happy PoF launch to y'all!

I literally clicked on this thread for the sole purpose to say that I'm absolutely in love with the mounts--I was a skeptic but now am a believer.
Patatedouce
not a first-time poster

Hope everyone had a good first POF week!!
Didn't even have much time to play but really loving it so far!!
Loving the mounts and everything!! Trying to get used to weaver but still have all my old Tempest reflexes but it's fun! :)
Stakhanov
haru pillow
Pronouns: he / him

I love POF, finally a way to get around on the maps a bit quicker. Haven't had to much time to play the campaign yet, but what's I've played so far looks top notch.

Btw, Dan recently released a short bragging clip showing him in his power mesmer main with full legendary game. It's on the public GW2 reddit. (if you'd like to I can send you a link just pm me I guess)
Finding my own inarticulate prose
Weirding out strangers and laughing at those
Jaundiced and jaded, postured and posed
Not that we’re special it’s just that we’re
Closing in on a place where we might get to be
Living real people regularly
john-tomson
first-time poster

I also returned to this game. It's still playing well, especially after recent extensions. After such a break, I had to remember her.