Dan & Phil Part 54: Born in the fires of the internet

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
human
dan hand trash

:garbage:

I love how Dan had to crop out the rest of the conversation.
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

Seeing that a whole 7 minutes passed between that text and the tweet, I assume the pigeon* action wasn't that intense.

*TIL It's not spelled pidgeon. Thanks Phil.
liola
rankussy
Pronouns: she/her

Am I the only one now wondering what the pigeon drama was? Someone stole all the food? Pooped on the head of the wrong person? Give me these important details guys come on
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
sugar
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: they/them

rizzo wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:03 pm
Katka wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:30 am
awsugar wrote:
this has probably been discussed before but i'm actually curious, for those of you that don't believe dan and phil are in a relationship, is there anything they could do short of announcing it very explicitly that would change your mind? would them moving together for a 4th time and buying a home together change your mind or would you still see them as purely platonic despite that type of long-term commitment?
I thought about this for a bit and I came to the conclusion that my unwillingness to believe they're together is connected to how uncomfortable I feel labeling peoples' behaviour couply or romantic or anything without any kind of confirmation. Them moving into a forever home together will probably make me believe they're together but at the same time I feel weird about just assuming two people are romantically together just because they choose to live together. Idk, I don't react well to that kind of stuff. I'm kind of on the aromantic spectrum I think and I would personally love to have a best friend to live with without any romantic strings attached so that's where I'm coming from. (Queer platonic relationships are super interesting to me because I want one really badly, lol.) It's not socially accepted but that doesn't mean people don't do it. BUT I know that's me and most people think differently, deppy probably included. But to be honest, their relationship is special, whether they're friends or a couple, so I don't think we can just apply "friends usually don't do that" to them because they're not normal friends, no matter what.

So that's why I'm on the fence. On one hand, yes, them moving into a house together might change my mind about them. On the other hand, no, I don't necessarily think it would be weird for really good friends with the kind of unique bond deppy have to keep living together without any romantic relationship involved. (My answer is basically a longer version of the shrug emoji which I miss dearly. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)
This conversation comes around every few months and I hesitate to start it now, but I'd just like to offer up the fact that Dan and Phil living together isn't even in the top 10 reasons most people think they're together? Nor is their current behavior towards one another.

There are years of screenshots and dates and information and tweets (and even a leaked love "letter") to support the likelihood of a romantic relationship. It's not a theory made up of long glances and multiple rentals.

I just... I wanted to put that out there, because sometimes I feel like that really gets lost in these conversations. Nobody thinks Dan and Phil are together because they decided to rent a 3rd place. I'd be married by now if that's how life worked.
i'm not sure if this was aimed at me but yes, definitely. the reasons i believe they're in a long term relationship go far beyond their living situation. i initially asked more broadly if there was anything they could do short of a very clear an obvious coming out that would convince people otherwise, but i offered up the forever home as an example that i think everyone latched onto.

also i really live for any time they post their texts. sign me up for domestic pigeon bants :garbage:
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Maybe the pigeon drama was so intense that it took seven minutes to finish before Dan stopped watching it and decided to tweet. We had crow and blackbird drama once, amongst other things, it was quite grim unfortunately. This reminds me of books about the animal goings on, pets and local wildlife, that you get by Tom Cox (of mysadcat on Twitter), James Herriott the vet and so on. Phil might be tapping into that niche and not even realise it (I don't know if he reads those kind of books).
alch
ar·tic·u·late

human wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:02 pm
Why is his image for Phil still that one from 2014
MythicalPinkTrashCan
phabergé

lurker wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:55 pm[Offtopic]i distinctly remember someone here saying they have the same hair structure as dan and want to give him hair care tips. if they're still here, care to hit me up with those tips instead? :shifty:
[Offtopic]
not the person, but i do have similar. look into "curly girl method". it's looking at ingredient and lots of moisture[/Offtopic]
AroboticPhil
sad dimple
Pronouns: she

This tweet was so unnecessary but also the cutest, I love hearing about their one (1) shared domestic life :garbage:

Also, am I too optimistic to hope for a Dream Daddy tonight ?
sugar
eclipse shirt

AroboticPhil wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:45 pm This tweet was so unnecessary but also the cutest, I love hearing about their one (1) shared domestic life :garbage:

3 videos from deppy in the span of 4 days (that's what it's been, right?) definitely seems too optimistic. my bet is they'll post it tomorrow in lieu of dan's ls.
sparkle
blobfish

lurker wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:55 pm[Offtopic]i distinctly remember someone here saying they have the same hair structure as dan and want to give him hair care tips. if they're still here, care to hit me up with those tips instead? :shifty:
[Offtopic]
HELLO! That would be me. I'm not sure I have exactly the same hair type as him (i'm type 2b), but we both seem to have thick wavy/curly hair that has been straightened to death. (and in my case bleached, I currently have bright yellow hair and it looks :stan:) but my hair is genuinely healthy and I look after it quite well.

Tips are under the spoiler <3
1. if you're washing your hair everyday, stop - I wash my hair 2-3 times a week at most - you're drying it out too quickly if you do this - you can train your hair into being washed less, because the less you wash it the less it needs washing.

2.check the ingredients of what you're using - you don't want to be avoiding anything that ends in -cone because these are silicones and they aren't great for your hair. They basically make it feel soft without it actually being soft, they just patch up the damage. There are water soluble ones that are better for you, but I personally avoid them.

3. avoid heat wherever possible, and if you hairdry, use a diffuser.

4. conditioner is your friend, you want to use a LOT. I follow the 'squish to condish' method but there are others too (i'll talk about these next) - so I wash my hair with shampoo (Honey I Washed My Hair from Lush) and then when I've washed it out, I put loads of conditioner (American Cream from Lush) in it and when I start to wash it out, I do it in strands and push the conditioner back up into my hair, mixing it with loads of water which helps moisturise my hair put also helps my curls form. I then lightly towel try my hair and let it dry naturally. Yes it takes a while but because I wash it only 2 times a week its doable. (there are better explanations of this method - I recommend it though because the change in definition of my hair was VERY noticeable using this method)

5. theres also the curly girl method which uses co-washing (washing with conditioner) which I personally don't get on with but I know works for others.

6. if you can afford it, get R&B from Lush is like a wonder product for keeping hair moisturised. Me and my girlfriend share a tub of it, both use it every time we wash our hair. We're like less than 1/4 way through it and we've had it a year.

7. if you're going to brush it, do it in the shower when your hair is wet.

I hope these help! Basically the ones I was referring to with Dan are number 1,2, and 4 (just in case he's lurking ;))
[/Offtopic]

EDIT: also I was trying to show my best friend the link to the new backpacks because I need the black one (its also an inside joke that I'm way too finicky about clothes, especially backpacks after, on two separate occasions, I made her spend over an hour backpack shopping with me without actually buying anything) and they links don't work??
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
relatablemood
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

lurker wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:55 pm
[Offtopic]i distinctly remember someone here saying they have the same hair structure as dan and want to give him hair care tips. if they're still here, care to hit me up with those tips instead? :shifty:[/Offtopic]
[Offtopic]not sure if it was me who mentioned it being my hair type, but i defo mentioned knowing how to take care of curly hair after years of lovely heat damage :lol: top tips; heat spray when hair is damp and before blowdrying, massage in lots of hair oil when dry, brush through with a comb, wash only every three days or less and.... hmm, these are pretty well known,
huh?

didn't see amazing commenter above me! godspeed woman, i wish only that i could have your natural hair type :x (i now self identify as a curly haired girl lmao, last time i wore straight hair anymore than an hour out of the shower was when i was twelve)
[/Offtopic]
i want dan's hair and phil's hips
pastelspectre
stress mushroom
Pronouns: he/him

i live for the domestic tweets deppy post about omg
:transheart:
citizen_erased
truth bomb

sparkle wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:39 pm
[Offtopic]
HELLO! That would be me. I'm not sure I have exactly the same hair type as him (i'm type 2b), but we both seem to have thick wavy/curly hair that has been straightened to death. (and in my case bleached, I currently have bright yellow hair and it looks :stan:) but my hair is genuinely healthy and I look after it quite well.

Tips are under the spoiler <3
1. if you're washing your hair everyday, stop - I wash my hair 2-3 times a week at most - you're drying it out too quickly if you do this - you can train your hair into being washed less, because the less you wash it the less it needs washing.

2.check the ingredients of what you're using - you don't want to be avoiding anything that ends in -cone because these are silicones and they aren't great for your hair. They basically make it feel soft without it actually being soft, they just patch up the damage. There are water soluble ones that are better for you, but I personally avoid them.

3. avoid heat wherever possible, and if you hairdry, use a diffuser.

4. conditioner is your friend, you want to use a LOT. I follow the 'squish to condish' method but there are others too (i'll talk about these next) - so I wash my hair with shampoo (Honey I Washed My Hair from Lush) and then when I've washed it out, I put loads of conditioner (American Cream from Lush) in it and when I start to wash it out, I do it in strands and push the conditioner back up into my hair, mixing it with loads of water which helps moisturise my hair put also helps my curls form. I then lightly towel try my hair and let it dry naturally. Yes it takes a while but because I wash it only 2 times a week its doable. (there are better explanations of this method - I recommend it though because the change in definition of my hair was VERY noticeable using this method)

5. theres also the curly girl method which uses co-washing (washing with conditioner) which I personally don't get on with but I know works for others.

6. if you can afford it, get R&B from Lush is like a wonder product for keeping hair moisturised. Me and my girlfriend share a tub of it, both use it every time we wash our hair. We're like less than 1/4 way through it and we've had it a year.

7. if you're going to brush it, do it in the shower when your hair is wet.

I hope these help! Basically the ones I was referring to with Dan are number 1,2, and 4 (just in case he's lurking ;))
[/Offtopic]

EDIT: also I was trying to show my best friend the link to the new backpacks because I need the black one (its also an inside joke that I'm way too finicky about clothes, especially backpacks after, on two separate occasions, I made her spend over an hour backpack shopping with me without actually buying anything) and they links don't work??
First of all, I only have like partially curly/wavy hair (idek what my hair is) but this looks like pretty good advice regardless of hair type. Also I use the same shampoo from Lush, it's great <3 people keep patting my hair because "it's so fluffy and soft".

Second, about the backpacks: they do seem to have disappeared from the website, maybe check again later? I couldn't find the galaxy sweater earlier today but I just checked and it's there now (maybe I just didn't check the right page, who even knows).

Speaking of their merch: does anyone have the galaxy sweater? Is it soft/decent material? Does it have their logo on it somewhere? I have to be very careful with my money but I also really, really love space and need new sweaters, so I want to know if it's a good investment. (I can't find any galaxy-print clothes anywhere else anymore :( )
flarequake
not an airport stalker

According to IRL's Twitter, the backpacks are out of stock and should be back in November.
aleanna
glabella

citizen_erased wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:37 pm
Speaking of their merch: does anyone have the galaxy sweater? Is it soft/decent material? Does it have their logo on it somewhere? I have to be very careful with my money but I also really, really love space and need new sweaters, so I want to know if it's a good investment. (I can't find any galaxy-print clothes anywhere else anymore :( )
I don't know where you are, but Hot Topic has a lot of galaxy print stuff. Shoes, pants, jackets, etc. http://www.hottopic.com/search?q=galaxy
Check out my YouTube channel where I post badly edited vlog-things: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4MzLr ... nRQQMRpp6A
sparkle
blobfish

flarequake wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:33 pm According to IRL's Twitter, the backpacks are out of stock and should be back in November.
thank you :love1:

that gives me time to save.... I need the black one

and I don't have the galaxy jumper, but I do have the grey Japan one, it's high quality material, and very soft. In my experience, their merch is actually very good quality.
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
lurker
janice from the shop

[Offtopic]aw thank you so much MythicalPinkTrashcan, sparkle, gohomohowell and citizen_erased for the hair care tips! :love2: i'll look into what you all said but i can definitely say thanks in advance because it sounds like it'll definitely be an improvement to what i do now. i'll post an update in two months or so, maybe dan /is/ lurking and it'll inspire him to follow suit. jk. but. thanks a lot![/Offtopic]
thank's you were great
citizen_erased
truth bomb

aleanna wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:33 pm
citizen_erased wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:37 pm
I don't know where you are, but Hot Topic has a lot of galaxy print stuff. Shoes, pants, jackets, etc. http://www.hottopic.com/search?q=galaxy
Thanks! Unfortunately I'm in the Netherlands so shipping from the US would mean a ton of extra costs + a risk of customs fees :( :(
sparkle wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:36 pm and I don't have the galaxy jumper, but I do have the grey Japan one, it's high quality material, and very soft. In my experience, their merch is actually very good quality.
Thanks! That's really good to know :)
flarequake
not an airport stalker

Phil's being relatable again
Man needs to do some stretches, maybe, or go to bed if yawning is that dramatic.
confusedpanda
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: Her/she

I can't believe no one has posted the update phil gave to the pigeon drama! This is reminding me of the penguin video (I think it was from one of the Planet Earth specials) where this happened as well and they started fighting but the lady penguin chose the new penguin instead in the end.
We're here, we're queer, we're filled with existential fear!
gif cred: pseudophan on tumblr
apathy
sad dimple

aleanna wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:33 pm I don't know where you are, but Hot Topic has a lot of galaxy print stuff. Shoes, pants, jackets, etc. http://www.hottopic.com/search?q=galaxy
Thanks(?) for this, I just spent a lot of money. :lol: (Their sneakers are around $15, I paid about $60 for my galaxy Vans a few months ago, such is life. I still love them though.)
citizen_erased wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:44 pm
sparkle wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:36 pm and I don't have the galaxy jumper, but I do have the grey Japan one, it's high quality material, and very soft. In my experience, their merch is actually very good quality.
Thanks! That's really good to know :)
The galaxy shirt is different material - the Japan shirts are just long sleeve cotton t-shirts. The galaxy one is more of a sweatshirt, with an inside fleecy lining that is very soft. It's not too thick, but still fairly warm because of the material, warmer than a t-shirt for sure. It doesn't have their logo (except on the inside tag).
That's my socializing quota for the month up.
alch
ar·tic·u·late

apathy wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:18 am
The galaxy shirt is different material - the Japan shirts are just long sleeve cotton t-shirts. The galaxy one is more of a sweatshirt, with an inside fleecy lining that is very soft. It's not too thick, but still fairly warm because of the material, warmer than a t-shirt for sure. It doesn't have their logo (except on the inside tag).
I have the VidCon sweatshirt, and judging by your description (sweatshirt with soft fleece inside) it sounds like it's the same material so this probably applies to the galaxy shirt as well. I've found it to be extremely comfortable and well-made. Agree with sparkle that their merch is high-quality.
(To be honest it's probably good that I'm too afraid to admit to my friends I watch Dan and Phil because otherwise I'd just wear it constantly.)
Whommel
sofa crease
Pronouns: They/them

Regarding merch: I much prefer the Japhan and cartoon Amazing Phil and Danisnotonfire t-shirt I have over the tour t-shirts. The tour ones are really thick, and the others are just so soft and lovely from the first time you wear them. I went to the Creator store in London and also looked at some other stuff and the Galaxy shirt was lovely to the touch, it felt like it was a really nice quality.

I really liked the bags as well, just had no room in my backpack for one, or I would have bought one.
Susanisnotafish
flower crown

awsugar wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:08 pm
AroboticPhil wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:45 pm This tweet was so unnecessary but also the cutest, I love hearing about their one (1) shared domestic life :garbage:

3 videos from deppy in the span of 4 days (that's what it's been, right?) definitely seems too optimistic. my bet is they'll post it tomorrow in lieu of dan's ls.
I really hope that we get a regular Dan ls today instead of anything else! Please, Dan, please? Oops I accidentally typed dad instead of dan! Maybe I subconsciously would rather have a dream daddy vid!

Had a dream that the deppy project was a tv show about animals. Stumbled upon them filming it on location (which would never happen as I am in America and way too poor to go abroad :cry: but hey, maybe they were filming in America, but if I'm dreaming, let's just say I make it to England someday!)
"Rub those freckles all over me!" --Daniel Howell
flarequake
not an airport stalker

There's a mention of their TV talk in this festival-roundup blog https://medium.com/@MarkStuart/the-2017 ... ae135d94ce