Dan & Phil Part 54: Born in the fires of the internet

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

I hope no one actually finds out where they are and they can enjoy a nice and private holiday.
They do seem unusually open about this trip though; maybe they are going to some ultra private resort.
malday
emo goose

alch wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:00 am
human wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:51 am Urgh idk, tbh I find the way Bryony deals with their seemingly younger fans quite rude and unnecessary. Not saying they aren't annoying when they flutter around people close to Deppy and try and get information and stalk them at airports and make demands on social media and whatever else, but i can't shake the idea that she really quite seems to enjoy it and is laughing at them all. Would be a lot kinder to just ignore and stop provoking them but eh, just my two cents.
I agree, like it must be really annoying to have people following you just because they know you have connections to Dan and Phil, but some of her reactions to their fans seem a bit extreme, and not even just the interactions with the younger fans. Like I think in a previous thread it was discussed that she would block everyone with a deppy-related username on social media, which seems a bit strange to me, even though I can't know what it's like to be in her shoes.
I don't think replying with a sarcastic joke and making your twitter private counts as a "rude"or "extreme" response. I never understood why people think she's harsh on the phandom?
Fans tweeted her screenshots from her insta stories with d&p in them being discussed on tumblr, and I also saw someone @ her that creepshot of the 4 of them at the restaurant for Dan's birthday. Why would you do that? Think how creepy it must look to her and wirrow.
If she's annoyed sometimes, i think her annoyance is justified.
human
dan hand trash

malday wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:45 am
alch wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:00 am
human wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:51 am Urgh idk, tbh I find the way Bryony deals with their seemingly younger fans quite rude and unnecessary. Not saying they aren't annoying when they flutter around people close to Deppy and try and get information and stalk them at airports and make demands on social media and whatever else, but i can't shake the idea that she really quite seems to enjoy it and is laughing at them all. Would be a lot kinder to just ignore and stop provoking them but eh, just my two cents.
I agree, like it must be really annoying to have people following you just because they know you have connections to Dan and Phil, but some of her reactions to their fans seem a bit extreme, and not even just the interactions with the younger fans. Like I think in a previous thread it was discussed that she would block everyone with a deppy-related username on social media, which seems a bit strange to me, even though I can't know what it's like to be in her shoes.
I don't think replying with a sarcastic joke and making your twitter private counts as a "rude"or "extreme" response. I never understood why people think she's harsh on the phandom?
Fans tweeted her screenshots from her insta stories with d&p in them being discussed on tumblr, and I also saw someone @ her that creepshot of the 4 of them at the restaurant for Dan's birthday. Why would you do that? Think how creepy it must look to her and wirrow.
If she's annoyed sometimes, i think her annoyance is justified.
Not saying it isn't justified, infact she's probably nicer than I'd be. But she can also just ignore them and not have to deal with it at all, thus not needing to act like it's a huge inconvenience to her. I'll never understand how people engage with irritating people and then act like it's an ongoing irritant lol. Just block and ignore haha, just seems so pointless and I can only assume that anyone who does engage probably secretly enjoys doing so.
Birdie
blobfish
Pronouns: they/them

The way the phandom used to treat Bryony I totally get why she’s not too keen on them to be quite honest. She was the original "Omg, they're friends with a girl? Let's go harrass her!" victim and I get why she's so salty about the whole thing. She used to be quite a popular Youtuber in her own right but that got overshadowed by her friendship with Dan and Phil when they started to get big. Their fans flocked to her channel and her social media accounts making her all about them and that must've been so frustrating.

She decided to quit Youtube and become more private for a reason so having the phandom come after her (creepshots, asking her about deppy, stalking them on their vacations etc.) all the time must be grating, especially since it's been happening for years. So sure, ignoring them would probably be the best way to go but I totally understand why she doesn't. She has every right to be grumpy about this and to be honest I don't think the phandom would stop interacting with her if she just stopped replying. And they sure as hell wouldn't stop spreading creepshots of her and deppy and stuff like that either. Ignoring them wouldn't make any of that go away. It might just make them think she's okay with it tbh.
SquishPhan
capita£ester
Pronouns: she/her

fondsmiles
phabergé

me trying to figure out whether these fish are the ones in the lake of this place I'm at right now
[x]
[x]
human
dan hand trash

Katka wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:46 am
The way the phandom used to treat Bryony I totally get why she’s not too keen on them to be quite honest. She was the original "Omg, they're friends with a girl? Let's go harrass her!" victim and I get why she's so salty about the whole thing. She used to be quite a popular Youtuber in her own right but that got overshadowed by her friendship with Dan and Phil when they started to get big. Their fans flocked to her channel and her social media accounts making her all about them and that must've been so frustrating.
Once again, I didn't say it was valid. Just that she acts like responding to phans is such a pain in the butt but she could just choose not to.
Ticia
suspended
Pronouns: her / she

fondsmiles wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:27 pm me trying to figure out whether these fish are the ones in the lake of this place I'm at right now
grenadine
crusty sponge

it seems that dnp fans overshadowed many od dnp friends' channels, it is sad, i hope they don't resent dnp because of that. ;)
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

I love Phil's sky photo, it's beautiful, I'd just turned off the light last night when he tweeted it and my phone flashed so that was a lovely end to the day. The fish tweet, well, he so often sounds like he's living in a fantasy world somewhat distant from here. I don't suppose he's interested in writing anything in that genre, but it's fun on Twitter anyway. Fish King indeed. He looked great in the airport photo, Dan looked good too.

Interesting discussions all about Dan's tweet. I yet again replied to him recommending Paul McKenna since his CDs help me a lot, especially the sleep one.

Loved all the mini stories about Phil's wives and baby, very funny. It's wonderful to have all the emojis back, I can't believe the butt one, it's hilarious. I'm intrigued where some of them are found, they're all different styles. My favourite I think is still the one on its way to bed.
annabanana
sofa crease

I'm honestly surprised that it took her this long to private her twitter. I would have thought that since she was seemingly no longer in the "social media as a job" sphere that there would be no reason to keep it public (but tbh idk what her job is now so correct me if I'm wrong).
Have a red velvet cupcake and for fucks sake, dip some toast in your soup. Bye.
Ticia
suspended
Pronouns: her / she

annabanana wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:05 pm
I'm honestly surprised that it took her this long to private her twitter. I would have thought that since she was seemingly no longer in the "social media as a job" sphere that there would be no reason to keep it public (but tbh idk what her job is now so correct me if I'm wrong).
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe she privates and unprivates her twitter account quite frequently, which makes sense if we keep in mind her love-hate relation with the phandom. However, she still has +13k followers. I have opinions on Bryony and not many of them are good.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Forgot to mention, I loved Dan's tweet replying to the girl about not uploading this weekend. I forget exactly how he put it now, but "flourish freely, my child" is beautiful. My first thought was "you can catch it later, you know" instead. He'll be such a cool dad :bigthumbsup:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Ticia wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:09 pm
annabanana wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:05 pm
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe she privates and unprivates her twitter account quite frequently, which makes sense if we keep in mind her love-hate relation with the phandom. However, she still has +13k followers. I have opinions on Bryony and not many of them are good.
She does private and unprivate regularly, but always as far as I've seen on the heels of an upswing in phandom trying to interact with her. I think a lot of people try and send her unrelated tweets just in hopes of kind of like, getting in on her good side, but I imagine that's fairly transparent.

She's not Dan or Phil; she's not financially compensated for putting up with a privacy invasion or opinions on her life/style/choices/friendships from people she doesn't know. She's under no obligation to put up with it, and phandom to the outside perspective is a homogeneous mass. Some people are nice, and some people are dicks. She can't tell just by looking at a username which type she's dealing with. In my opinion, if it's well known she gets testy when Dan and Phil's fans message her then it's someone's own fault if they try to talk to her and get their feelings hurt.
citizen_erased
truth bomb

fondsmiles wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:49 pm dan's not uploading today: this tweet is so cute, i actually awwed out loud. how precious
So that means tonight then, yes? :bigthumbsup:
pastelspectre
stress mushroom
Pronouns: he/him

oooh i do hope dan uploads his new video tonight! :3
:transheart:
liola
rankussy

I mean, the weekend is over tonight so I'd assume he will upload tonight? Dan is so confusing sometimes :shrug:

I'm really hoping for a video and I would love something wholesome, hopefully not university related because my last exam is in 2 days and I'm trying to forget that uni exists alltogether. But since I'm a trashcan, I'll watch whatever :number1:

EDIT: I just noticed that I'm a sad dimple, how accurate :lol:
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
susan2
rainbow nerd

alch
ar·tic·u·late

The video is here! Edit: (Someone already posted it whoops)
citizen_erased
truth bomb

"whether you finished uni 5 years ago and have been repressing it since"

stop calling me out like that
onetruetrash
blobfish

I just started it and the sign in the background :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Edit: Just saw that it said hobo instead of homo why you gotta disappoint me like this daniel
Last edited by onetruetrash on Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alch
ar·tic·u·late

He mentioned the fact that Phil was in Manchester while he was at university which is more than I honestly expected from the first part of the video
fancybum
senpai

I don't have time right now to say more than: I LOVE DAN. And I love lamp. I mean video.

And A+++ use of Phil :lol:
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

Lovely video! Nice mix of story times, old video references, somewhat serious Comic Sans advice and great sketches - looking forward to the pixel by pixel analysis of the filming locations. Might be one of my favourite Dan vids, especially after I didn't like the recent ones so much.
alch wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:21 pm He mentioned the fact that Phil was in Manchester while he was at university which is more than I honestly expected from the first part of the video
Yup, I instantly though I'd mention that here. Just two weeks ago on the Edinbrough panel he talked about how he met Phil while at uni, and now we are back to the original stalker story. Guess that is how he likes to treat the story, different versions for different audiences.

Other things that might be interesting to discuss once the inital video excitements has passed would be the obvious shades he threw on his parents and his brief mention of agoraphobia while makes me feel uneasy :( I just want him to be happy!
citizen_erased
truth bomb

ok here we go

1) this video is great. there's some hilarious stories in there, a lot of #relatable things, some actual good advice too. I really liked it, and it made me surprisingly nostalgic for all the weird stuff that happened in my student years.

2) man what I would give to have seen phil's reaction when dan showed up at his door with a basket of laundry. :rofl: (this bit made me so, so glad that all the student dorms I lived in had normal washing machines of their own. I knew a lot of students who actually brought their laundry home to their parents every weekend, which, yikes. Even if there was one time where apparently there was an argument about the washing machine which I only found out about because I was suddenly being sent death threats after using it when someone else had wanted to use it. :shrug: )

3) I feel like if Dan used a similar format to this for a mental health video, that could actually work out great. He could mostly talk about his own experiences while putting in small bits of advice and still keeping things on brand and relatable. (He already showed it a bit with the agoraphobia mention, which by the way also reminded me of the conversation here. The boy's been reading this forum, I tell ya.)

4) guys there are so many new apartment screenshots for us to analyze.