Dan & Phil Part 54: Born in the fires of the internet

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
autumnhearth
senpai
Pronouns: she/her

awsugar wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:59 am dan's persona. and i don't mean the 'relatable' existential crisis stuff. the things dan talks about when he's being particularly persona-heavy are not what bothers me. it's literally the way that he talks. it sounds so fake and ingenuine. i don't have a way to describe it but i hope some people know what i'm talking about. i just hate when he talks as if he's speaking for an audience and trying to entertain rather than just being himself. which is why the dan's soft natural voice compilation is literally my kink.
Yes, this! I have a hard time articulating exactly what it is, but it was really prominent in The Memeing of Life, but has also showed up in other recent videos of his.
i can't think of anything about phil right now that really steams my clams other than the way that he looks at the camera when dan is talking. i always feel like he doesn't know what face to make when dan is talking and he ends up looking uncomfortable. which only annoys me because watching him makes me, in turn, uncomfortable.
I was tempted to mention this earlier, but I feel like he's gotten better at this, kind of, maybe. Or perhaps it just bothers me less now.
also, random other note, have them ever mentioned whether or not they'd do gamingmas again? i'd really love for them to do it again this year since i wasn't in the phandom last year and my hopes will be crushed if i find out they've vetoed doing it again.
Someone in the chat asked today. I believe Phil said something like we would just have to wait and see, but he confirmed Spooky Week again.

Ah others got to it quicker.

Ooo thanks susan2!
snokoplasmic
procrastinator

ooh, something cute that i didn't remember to mention earlier: phil calling himself a peach because of how easily he bruises made my heart melt :(
(huge huge ty to the ask on nihilst-toothpaste's tumblr that reminded me that i wanted to bring it up lol)
edit because i just remembered: i'm also unreasonably excited that phil's gonna buy new clothes for autumn
Ilovethemohyesido
living flop

Knowing Dan, I can imagine he kind of freak out when the wall closed up leaving Phil behind during the escape game. I imagine if Dan mentions it, he would say he had a laugh and left him behind.

I like when Phil tell stories about his week, the scifi, and the escape room were fun.
onetruetrash
blobfish

alittledizzy wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:07 am Fringechecks, you have not directly attempted to contact me save tweeting a screencap at me with no other purpose than what I deemed as to antagonize so I did not respond.

Anyone that knows me on any social media platform knows that I don't refrain from sharing opinions because I'm a moderator on IDB. I've never personally attacked you or anyone on here. The screencap you shared is months old, and since you've omitted context I'll supply it: you posted somewhere that the "uma Thurman watched me have sex" tweet was in relation to a blogtv Dan and Phil did. The screencap you showed was me saying I didn't believe it because it was coming from someone with a history of inaccurate or melodramatic statements based on misinformation, and your age was relevant because that means you aren't a firsthand source. If you feel personally attacked by someone disagreeing with a claim you make online then I'm not sure what advice to give you.

It is not the responsibility of other moderators or admins to condone or not condone comments I make off of the forum and certainly not ones like what you posted the screencap of.
Okay, the tweet you were talking about was a reply to me, so I feel a need to say something to give more context. Charlie literally said that he wasn't sure if it was true, so I don't see why you feel the need to try and debunk what he said, especially since the conversation didn't involve you. He never claimed that to be the 100% truth, in fact, he said the exact opposite. I don't understand why you felt the need to disprove a claim that was never made unless it was simply because you don't like him.

I don't know what happened with Charlie's profile picture and location, but he never claimed that as fact.

Correct me on any of this if I got something wrong.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

onetruetrash wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:22 am
alittledizzy wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:07 am Fringechecks, you have not directly attempted to contact me save tweeting a screencap at me with no other purpose than what I deemed as to antagonize so I did not respond.

Anyone that knows me on any social media platform knows that I don't refrain from sharing opinions because I'm a moderator on IDB. I've never personally attacked you or anyone on here. The screencap you shared is months old, and since you've omitted context I'll supply it: you posted somewhere that the "uma Thurman watched me have sex" tweet was in relation to a blogtv Dan and Phil did. The screencap you showed was me saying I didn't believe it because it was coming from someone with a history of inaccurate or melodramatic statements based on misinformation, and your age was relevant because that means you aren't a firsthand source. If you feel personally attacked by someone disagreeing with a claim you make online then I'm not sure what advice to give you.

It is not the responsibility of other moderators or admins to condone or not condone comments I make off of the forum and certainly not ones like what you posted the screencap of.
Okay, the tweet you were talking about was a reply to me, so I feel a need to say something to give more context. Charlie literally said that he wasn't sure if it was true, so I don't see why you feel the need to try and debunk what he said, especially since the conversation didn't involve you. He never claimed that to be the 100% truth, in fact, he said the exact opposite. I don't understand why you felt the need to disprove a claim that was never made unless it was simply because you don't like him.

I don't know what happened with Charlie's profile picture and location, but he never claimed that as fact.

Correct me on any of this if I got something wrong.
I'm unclear what you mean about a tweet being a reply to you or what you're trying to clarify beyond what I did, since what I stated is exactly what happened: a comment got brought up in the slack chat, I said that I didn't think it was true and why. I very frequently give my opinions on rumors in phandom, and tell why I don't (or do!) believe those rumors. I've sent you a pm in case you want to discuss this further. :)
clippedteapot
tol bean
Pronouns: they/them

liola wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:08 am Would you like them to play a board game? If so, which one? I can't think of many that would go well with only 2 players tbh
Ohhh, yes, but only ones that are more complex than candyland. I'd love if they played something like Inis or Boss Monster (which is a card game but whatever.) Or something more storybased, like Mice and Mystics...I think if D&P ever did a DnD anything I might actually be into it despite usually not really being interested in DnD.
moaninglisa
drama llama

onetruetrash wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:22 am Okay, the tweet you were talking about was a reply to me, so I feel a need to say something to give more context. Charlie literally said that he wasn't sure if it was true, so I don't see why you feel the need to try and debunk what he said, especially since the conversation didn't involve you. He never claimed that to be the 100% truth, in fact, he said the exact opposite. I don't understand why you felt the need to disprove a claim that was never made unless it was simply because you don't like him.

He didn't claim that just once and he also shared the "info" with the owners of an "exposing phan" blog who definitely didn't include the disclaimer that it wasn't 100% true.
onetruetrash
blobfish

moaninglisa wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:50 am
onetruetrash wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:22 am Okay, the tweet you were talking about was a reply to me, so I feel a need to say something to give more context. Charlie literally said that he wasn't sure if it was true, so I don't see why you feel the need to try and debunk what he said, especially since the conversation didn't involve you. He never claimed that to be the 100% truth, in fact, he said the exact opposite. I don't understand why you felt the need to disprove a claim that was never made unless it was simply because you don't like him.

He didn't claim that just once and he also shared the "info" with the owners of an "exposing phan" blog who definitely didn't include the disclaimer that it wasn't 100% true.
I had just assumed that the tweet that was being referred to was the reply to me, so I guess that that part is my bad.

Honestly I'm just super confused at this point
thephandommenace
procrastinator

Wow, I don't check the thread in 2 days and come back to 15 new pages. (Glad #dickscourse wasn't the title, not sorry bout it.) :lol:
As much as I like discussion, am I alone in being thankful for the occasional (okay, probably pretty frequent) quiet periods? I say this as someone who tried reading all the GG/IDB pages from the beginning and simply couldn't do it, there was too much information. I was trying to catch up for around two months before giving up and finally posting. But this is probably the selfish me talking as I've not felt obliged to check the forum as frequently as I usually would do, and reading the thread becomes a chore rather than a fun distraction . (I feel I've become too obsessed with/dependent on Deppy and their content lately and I need to take a step back. I'm still lurking but not thinking about them 24/7.)
liola wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:08 am This Slack chat sounds lit notgonnalie

Would you like them to play a board game? If so, which one? I can't think of many that would go well with only 2 players tbh
*Jenna voice* oh hell yeah. I'd watch a 5-hour monopoly swearfest (with Martyn and Corndog!) in a heartbeat (which reminds me: they never reacted to that short). I'd LOVE Scrabble. I think it'd be funny to watch them play chess, they'd probably be terrible at it (or surprisingly good, revealing their inner strategic businessmen). Also because I bought the game for my brother for his birthday and really enjoyed playing it, Tokaido! :love2:
Not a board game, but I'm also entertained by the idea of them playing really simple-concept old school computer games like Tetris and Space Invaders and getting really unnecessarily competitive and frustrated over them.

This discussion has long passed but
- Phil's my fave, for shallow reasons
- Never shared voldemort's ideology
- more YouTube, less bour. Though someone suggested the idea of them presenting on kids bake off and I got H Y P E D. The radio show was also some good shit.
- They won't ever come out as straight at least so I'm not worried.
- Not intentionally sought out any non-public information.
- Not annoying per se but reading Dan's old customer service posts feels like I'm being stabbed in the heart. I also hate his pretentiousness. Note: I love it when he does get passionate about topics that interest him and when he does have something insightful to say and uses his influence for good to help his younger fans. Other times, you can tell he's talking out his ass and it's not my favourite side of his. And I know it's irrational, but the latest Sleepless Night with Phil rubbed me up the wrong way.
- 23 this month
- I think them 'coming out' more than they have already would go against everything they've worked hard to protect over the past 8 years and I'd feel concerned and wrongfooted. But if it's something they feel comfortable sharing and talking about of course I'd feel happy for them. I don't really 'want' them to do anything. :)
- ugh. I hate PDA. I guess I'd find it cute, if it's them? If they ever kissed in a video though I'd probably hurl my phone out the window and be forced to unstan (jk but kinda not). To answer the Q I'd still watch them. I don't consider them coming out as a couple endgame so it's not something I'm anticipating and give up on them for if they 'didn't deliver'.

RE schedule: I'm usually fine with them doing what they want but it's so frustrating sometimes when it's been a few days and you're expecting a video but there's radio silence from both of them.
relatablemood
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

[Offtopic]
fringechecks wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:10 pm This fucking site sucks, seriously.
Oh, Charlie :cry: I miss talking to you! But this wasn't the way to handle this, like at all. The idea of the group chat makes me feel uncomfortable but like, I know the majority of staff + users are awesome so it was never fair to involve them.

[/Offtopic]

Hey guys, do you think Dan will release a video this week? I'm starting at Sixth Form on Monday and would like something to boost me up before then <3
i want dan's hair and phil's hips
dae
dank meme
Pronouns: They/them

So I've been thinking quite a bit about something and I think it could make for interesting discussion, do you think Dan ever regrets Phil, I mean as someone who seems to doubt so many of his life choices I'm sure there must have been a moment in which he has regretted growing up with Phil, I don't mean this in a bad way but Dan went from being 18 to living with Phil right away I guess he never really had that Independence i feel as if he didn't experience a lot of life things because of being with Phil (and that's not necessarily a bad thing) i hope this made sense any thoughts?
"Accept that you don't really have to know everything and why"
clippedteapot
tol bean

dae wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:44 am So I've been thinking quite a bit about something and I think it could make for interesting discussion, do you think Dan ever regrets Phil, I mean as someone who seems to doubt so many of his life choices I'm sure there must have been a moment in which he has regretted growing up with Phil, I don't mean this in a bad way but Dan went from being 18 to living with Phil right away I guess he never really had that Independence i feel as if he didn't experience a lot of life things because of being with Phil (and that's not necessarily a bad thing) i hope this made sense any thoughts?
I mean it's possible. It's true they've had some rough patches in the time they've known each other, but when you know someone for that long it tends to happen no matter what. (Though, a lot of those that we've gotten to see were caused by external stuff like crazy fans...) And I'm willing to bet that Dan has had a few "what if I never got to know Phil/didn't make videos with him/etc etc" thought trains, because you're right, he's the kind of person who seems like he would do that.

I don't really think though that Dan would ever really regret being with Phil though, and I think it's more likely he'd think that without Phil there's a lot he wouldn't have experienced - radio show, the tour, the book, heck, even the whole "career in youtube" thing...Phil was kind of the catalyst to a lot of his decisions unknowingly, though Danny definitely thought most of it all through on his own before pursuit. And like, their relationship is something that's really hard to find. I know a lot of friends who thought they found that with someone, platonic or otherwise, and then got their hearts broken. I don't think anyone would regret finding their Ultimate Best Friend. And Dan.....To kind of tangent off, I feel like Dan felt really directionless for a long time, and it messed with him a lot. And I think Phil was/is the kind of person, at least for Dan, who provided a sense of stability and offered direction without pushing, and that's really valuable to find. The thing with independence is that you can be independent and still have people you know you can depend on when you need it. We're all human and need something to lean on now and again. I don't think that Dan and Phil actually spend every walking minute together (obvs), and I think both of them are well aware of each other's personal bubbles and when either needs some alone time. I'm not sure what kind of life things you're talking about though, so this is just my interpretation of your question.
lilabet
philussy
Pronouns: She/Her

dae wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:44 am So I've been thinking quite a bit about something and I think it could make for interesting discussion, do you think Dan ever regrets Phil, I mean as someone who seems to doubt so many of his life choices I'm sure there must have been a moment in which he has regretted growing up with Phil, I don't mean this in a bad way but Dan went from being 18 to living with Phil right away I guess he never really had that Independence i feel as if he didn't experience a lot of life things because of being with Phil (and that's not necessarily a bad thing) i hope this made sense any thoughts?
I don't really know if he would regret it. He did get at least one year to be 'independent'' in his first year of university. Then again didn't get end up spending most of his time with Phil? However he has had that flatting with randoms, learning to cook and clean time.
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
kuensukki
janice from the shop

1. Who do you really prefer out of Dan and Phil

Phillip *everyone pretends to be shocked*. Ive literally been every type of phil fan from the cringe "phillions" to the present philgirl? (i find all nicknames for stans a bit cringe) I even initially joined GG to address a phil post. I just really love him, always have always will. He's one of those rare personalities you find where he's very unapologetically himself. He says "fudge you" to all the preconceptions about age and acts as he pleases. He seems very kind, confident and self-assured. He knows how to handle his image as well as the business side of DP (along with Martyn). His family is a part of me as he is. He's very dependable in the sense that a phil liveshow will always feel like a cup of hot chocolate, something warm and familiar. Also hes so FUNNY TO ME. Literally watch a video and focus on phils commentary and ramblings (and occasional sassmasta) and you will get some golden lines. I love that he can be silly and talk about plants and pancakes but then turn serious and tell a director he didnt like a pause in TATINOF. He's multidimensional but subtle about it and he's a listener. He will always hear someone out and won't interrupt or interject. Everyone who "knows" him loves him so I think that says a lot about his character.

I enjoy Dan, never felt as strongly to him as I've seen others do but I get it?? I guess its because I've never enjoyed DINOF content, the humor isn't my style. I just find myself too similar in the sense that Im loud, opinionated and rambly. I feel like if we hung out we would fight about something. BUT, he seems genuinely caring and loves to interact with the fans and tease them both on twitter and in ls. He looks out for the fans too and is very well suited on the stage. He's also fiercely loyal and will love passionately. Look at him throwing shade like he's the white Wendy Williams. He seems like the friend that will always fight to keep in touch because he doesn't allow many to get close. He's interesting and a true relatable internet raised memester. You can tell that he has a good heart and is a nice guy (when hes not in a mood).

When they join together it's like this supercosmic explosion of love and I enjoy it so so so so much.

2. How many times have you shared Lord Voldemort's best phan edit of all?

Never shared it but watched it and immediately felt really uncomfortable. It's nice to know it exists in the back of my mind but I'm not ever scrambling to rewatch it. It seems inappropriate to.

3. Do you like the dipper brothers being on Youtube or not? Do you ever want them to do more.... or less? :o

I enjoy that I get liveshows and content from them but Id eventually want them to get a life out of the limelight where they can enjoy each other without the constant scrutinization. Also, right now theyre at their peak and I don't know whether they will keep climbing or fall off the mountain like the joey graceffa and tyler oakleys of the world.

4. If Dantru and Phollum came out separately disclosing non-straight sexualities, but not as being a couple, what would you think? Would you say that coming out as being in a gay couple is a bigger deal than coming out as non straight, or would you get annoyed and say that they're ship baiting etc.?

I already maintain they are together so if they come out that's good for them?? But it wont change my opinion on them as a couple. It just means that, at the least, they can be a form of true inspiration for LGBTQ individuals. Even if they dont make videos everday about it, I think they would serve as great inspiration.

5. Have you ever stalked too far and found stuff that you shouldn't have? (Not talking about voldy here, other stuff such as addresses or full names etc.)

I've found everything and anything DP have to offer and I felt nothing. I didn't feel the need to visit their place or their neighborhood (their old one). They are people I love but they are also people and in my head I like to distinguish that. They have feelings and a need for privacy and even though it gives me more insight on them, it didnt complete anything I didn't already know.

6. Most annoying thing about Danetrius and most annoying thing about Philesphical, go.

Dan seems to talk alot in interviews while phil will listen quietly, but when its phils turn to talk he will interject within seconds (i know its out of love but still) also the faux-deep daniel isn't my cup of tea. Phil annoys me because he seems to limit himself and choose to make an easy video than a good one. He also has an internalized Elsa singing "conceal don't feel" and we don't ever get to see messy bitch phil (unless its him being clumsy or #plushiegate) ALSO FUCKING PANCAKE TWEETS!!

7. What's the average age on this site? (This is just me asking generally lmao, there must be a lot of people my age and younger but it seems they're the quiet and inactive minority/majority)

im 22

(also 000dia000 I LOVED YOUR POSTS *a million thumbs up* and Tic as a self announced emoji whore, I miss the emojis way too much :sobs:)
bookfiend
spork
Pronouns: She/her

I mean I'm sure they've had their rough patches and moments where they've both wondered what life would be like without the other. It's only natural after so long together.

I know people talk a lot about how young Dan was but Phil bless him wasn't much older. He was younger then Dan is now. A lot of people out there still would have considered him very young for settling down so early.

Also what works for some, doesn't for others. I know friends who started dating in their teens who got sick of each other by the time they left university. And then you look at other couples such as YouTube's Tanya and Jim who are still happy and together.
My own grandparents met at 17 and have been together all this time with 4 kids, 9 grandkids and 4 great-grandkids and they still clearly love each other. I have no doubt they experienced hardships. I'm not naive enough to believe they were happy 100% of the time. But they're probably some of the best role models when it comes to a healthy relationship I've ever seen.

I think it's also good to note that although Dan was the younger of the two he definitely knew what he wanted. From the constant trips to Manchester, moving to Manchester and to him basically moving into Phil's when he was living alone in dorms. He was a determined guy I'll give him that.

Phil bless him never really stood a chance :lol:

Has Dan had thoughts about life without Phil...probably and vice verses. But do they actually regret getting together. I kind of doubt it, especially with how happy they've been lately.
Also the young singles life isn't all it's cracked up to be. Some love it, some spend their whole lives trying to get out of it.
sparkle
blobfish

Dan did have a year in halls (feel sorry for him because UoM halls are horrible :lol:) and that is an independent living situation. Halls is very intense and very much a culture shock, so a lot of the 'independent' stuff happens very quickly. And where Dans halls weren't exactly on top of where Phil lived, he definitely got some form of independent living done.

I think though if you mean he never really had freedom because he moved in with Phil about 6 weeks after he left halls then yeah I guess he never had that. I think it would be natural for Dan to feel like it was a mistake, like its normal to have 'wtf am i doing moments' especially I guess in the period of 2011-2014, you know when Dans privacy was being violated? I think that is when Dan would be most likely to regret it. I think this shifts when you start to see him commit more to Phil through their joint branding, as he makes choice to be closer to Phil. Maybe he wanted to assert his independence initially but now doesn't?

Saying that though, Dan made the choice and continues to make the choice to commit to Phil. He didnt have to move in with Phil in Manchester, he didnt have to move to London, he didnt have to stay for five years, and he didnt have to move again with him. As someone who had something v similar happen (met my girlfriend, she lived in halls I lived with friends, she basically moved in for 6 months, we moved to our own flat, 2 years later we still live together, i'm the oldest and i'm only 22) like there are moments when you can back out. Sometimes you just know its right and want to live with that person. Which is how I think Dan felt.

Phil on the other hand, he had his time at uni, but his time living alone as an adult was taken up by Dan. Dan was always over, Dans family were so far away and Phil looked after him when he was really sick (did he have appendicitis? either way I feel sorry for him being stuck in MRI that hospital sucks) and Phil had this situation where he was living alone but not quite alone? And then Dan moved in, and I think thats something that is interesting too. Did Phil regret that the one year he lived independently he had Dan living within walking distance?

Besides, there was no reason why Dan couldn't have come to Manchester and moved straight in with Phil. You don't have to live in halls - so I think their living choices in this first year were very deliberate and I think their choice to move in together was also VERY deliberate. They clearly wanted to, and they clearly still want to buy a forever home.
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
Anonymousse
flower crown
Pronouns: Any

fringechecks wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:23 pm

Because you PM-ed me, and I apparently can't reply to you, I just came here to clear my name at least in one way.

I DID say a pretty mean thing about past Charlie, BUT I didn't mean you in any way. I would never-ever refer to you as "Charlie".

If you and/or whomever took the picture would have actually gone through the conversation, you would have noticed this. You would have also read through my next comment about basically being the same kind of person when I was younger (in reference to Charlie, not you).

Would I say it to his face? Well, I find it pointless because both him and I have outgrown those things, but at the same time, how many of the things being said on here, GG, Twitter and Tumblr would we say to Dan and Phil's face?

I'm sorry for the distress that my comment about someone else caused you.

:daddy: - why did you remove this, this is so sad.
But who the fuck am I kidding? I'm mostly just the rotting banana peel at the bottom of the phan trash can who genuinely gets excited over the thought of them snuggling in bed. Idgaf let a bitch live
- Manged

Poe
rainbow nerd

rizzo wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:32 pm Anyway.... Dan and Phil's houseplants - what's your favorite? I quite miss Poe.
I'm here Rizz dear, why miss me? ;)
fringechecks wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:23 pm
As an admin of the Slack Group Chat I would like to clear things up a little.

First and foremost a little disclaimer: the group chat is not endorsed/affiliated/associated with Indepthbants. The gc was made by some of the users of the forum yes but it does not represent an official extension of the forum. Whatever we say and do on the gc is not supposed to represent the opinion of the whole forum about a subject, just the opinion of the user who wrote it.

Second of all, the purpose of the gc is that of a normal gc. Some of the older users made the chat so we could get to know each other better than the forum allowed us to and to be able to have an so called "internet void" where we could talk about our problems freely and get support without exposing it to the whole internet. Of course, as this is a group chat after all we talked about various subjects including Deppy and other youtubers such as Charile or about twitter drama about deppy and who is causing it.

I would like to say that what we said about you @fringechecks was maybe a little over the line at some points and we would like to apologise if we have caused you any distress with our chats. I would also like to point out that that screenshot you posted here is from a private group chat after all and I would kindly ask you or whoever supplied you with it to stop screenshoting our conversations. Being able to be in a group chat with people from a forum that you know or don't know on a personal level yet requires trust and leaked screenshots are quite a trust breaker.

Also, @fringechecks I think you should check the context of some of the chats you screenshot before posting them here and accusing us of talking shit about you. I'm referring specially to @Anonymousse 's mention of Charlie (but you should have checked the context of @alittledizzy 's mentions too before accusing her). That was about Charlie, the youtuber, not you. We are all sorry that you feel attacked by us talking about him but please refrain yourself from posting untrue accusations and pointing the finger at us for mentioning you on the chat. We were just giving you the attention you wanted so badly at the time and for that we are sorry. It won't be repeated :).

Hope you have a good day, love <3

P.S: I'd like to take the opportunity to spon the group chat a little. You can apply to enter it here: http://indepthbants.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=356

P.P.S: We don't bite, I promise you :D
sentinel
lady door

Reading all the chat stuff like
I don't think Dan ever regrets it. I think he might have imagined life without Phil, but I very much doubt he has ever had second thoughts about how his life turned out. In my view and in the way Dan talks, it seems like he has always wanted to belong and never truly did until he met Phil. From what we know about his life before Phil/YT he had a group of friends but wasn't particularly close with any of them (hence the I had no best friend for 18 years) and that bothered him. In Phil he found that sense of stability as well as a group of people that he belongs with (ever noticed how Dan dived into Phil's friends like PJ, Mark etc and actively avoids his hometown friends?) and although he might present himself as a loner, I think he is a introspective extrovert which fits perfectly with Phil who is a sociable introvert when it comes to friendships.
SquishPhan
capita£ester

I used to really like the idea of Deppy playing board games on DAPG, but I'm not really feeling it right now. Maybe if they choose the right game it can be great, but I can't think of one now. Them livestreaming playing video games is what I'm really excited about (though they need to do something about the audio and lag).
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I think a board game would be great if they did it with a group. A four-way collab with PJ and Sophie (... a year ago I'd have said Felix and Marzia too but. Pass.) or even bringing Bryony out of retirement, just bc I think with her personality and how they talk about game playing with her, she'd be hilarious. She's probably the person most situation to bring a natural dynamic of friendship into a video setting.

(Though I'm very aware that's a pipedream and Bryony has zero desire to put herself back in any youtube situation.)
DryCereal
koi pond

SquishPhan wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:41 am I used to really like the idea of Deppy playing board games on DAPG, but I'm not really feeling it right now. Maybe if they choose the right game it can be great, but I can't think of one now. Them livestreaming playing video games is what I'm really excited about (though they need to do something about the audio and lag).
+1 for the "ugh, boardgames" thing. Seen them playing twister, seen them playing jenga, seen them playing a few other things. :roll:

I did enjoy the MK stream. Even with the lag. It just captured Dan's series of facial expressions during the final race PERFECTLY. :rofl: Bless 'im. <3

Also: dongles with SIMs don't work any better/faster than mobile tethering from what I've experienced (like, the first half of last year!) - so I'm somewhat calling BS on that, as well as the whole "our internet is crap" storyline they've been trotting out recently... That said, I also don't think they're moving imminently. I don't know what I do believe, but I remain cynical. :rofl:

[Offtopic]As for last night's shenanigans; Fair warning peeps, IDGAF if you're 13, 30, or 300 - if you act like a malicious piece of slime, don't expect people to treat you nicely. Similarly, if you do, or threaten to do things that are likely to cause actual harm to others, don't be surprised if your online BS comes to haunt you IRL.
Really is high time some people realised that actions have consequences.[/Offtopic]
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
alch
ar·tic·u·late

I doubt Dan ever seriously regrets Phil. Maybe sometimes he wishes their brands were less tied together (or used to wish that, now he seems fine with it) but I'm sure he appreciates the fact that he owes his career almost entirely to Phil. Plus, he seems far more happy in his life with Phil than he was before they met, see "I literally hated life from the ages of five to twenty" and "I did not have a best friend for the first eighteen years of my life"
autumnhearth
senpai

Simple answer: no, I don't. There seems to have been a time when he was very annoyed with people observing and commenting on how tied he was to Phil, I'm thinking the vyou where he majorly played down how often he spends time with Phil (filming at his apartment just being a matter of convenience) and the whole we're not a double act thing. But on a private/personal level I doubt it. And I really don't think Phil regrets it either.

They both seemed to be at a similar stage in their life, having just graduated (yes, I know Phil having gone through university does make a difference). They were both living at home with their parents, their friends off doing other things in their lives, and not knowing what to do career wise. They were both a bit lost and definitely lonely. They each vented about this on social media. Dan wanted closer friends, Phil wanted a significant other as all his friends were "coupling off". Dan wanted to fill up some of that space in Phil's house and Phil wanted Dan to move to Manchester plz.

I think it is smart that Dan lived in the halls his first year, whether that was completely his decision, or perhaps something encouraged by his parents. I'm basing a lot of this after my own college experience with an older boyfriend, so of course I often speculate about how much time he actually spent there, but it was still a safe move in case things didn't work out or the living together became too much. But it didn't, they found out they live and work wonderfully well together.

And that decision to move in together and tie their brands to one another first through The Super Amazing Project, then the radio show, and later the gaming channel, their book and tour worked out wonderfully as well. Yesterday while driving home I was thinking about just how lucky Dan Howell is, to have met and become friendly with so many of his idols. First other YouTubers: Phil, Bryony, Charlie etc. but also musicians and actors through Radio One and the Brits. And to be able to traveled the world with his best friend by his side. He's living a charmed life and I have a hard time imagining him regretting what caused that.

Plus you know partners in every way, codependency, two halves of a whole idiot and all that.
AmazingOCD
glabella

Winston wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:00 am It would never happen in a million years but cards against humanity with Martyn and Cornelia. or PJ+. I want to see Phil win that game so bad, (since I know he did it already with a whole room of youtubers in FL once). I WANT to see it. However, since it won't ever happen, (unless Philly-bobs does a sudden and intense rebrand), Jenga would be good, or operation. Something fun for two people.
Having played COH for the first time only recently, I can't believe Phil won against all the Gleamers (and Dan).
I would also love Monopoly, but with the credit cards (made me feel so rich when i played it!)

Also hi, I haven't been on here in two months :-D (Why have all the amazing smilies disappeared???)
Great work on the new look forum mods! Reminds me of Boards.ie or Digital Spy! Also the Galaxy aesthetic.

Loved the Sue interview (so good!) and Phil talking about Edinburgh in the ls last night. Having been to Edinburgh a few weeks ago on my holidays, you need a reward for walking up the steep hill shortcut to get to Edinburgh Castle.
It's a good thing to be strange. Normalness leads to sadness - Phil Lester