Dan & Phil Part 54: Born in the fires of the internet

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
apathy
sad dimple

annabanana wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:51 pm Also glad someone in the chat mentioned board games again. Yes Phil, just have a second camera for the board and treat it just as you would the screen capture for a regular video game.
Every time they say they don't know how to do board games on YT, I think someone needs to tell them to watch a few episodes of TableTop. (I'm watching the latest one right now.) It may have more cameras/crew/production than they might be able to set up on their own easily, but it proves it's possible and can be entertaining.
That's my socializing quota for the month up.
sparkle
blobfish
Pronouns: she/her

Ticia wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:20 am
MythicalPinkTrashCan wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:13 am
liola wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:08 am This Slack chat sounds lit notgonnalie

There's a lot of discussion on tumblr about whether Deppy should play board games on DAPG, but I'm concerned how many people REALLY want Monopoly. Like. That would be the longest and less interesting video. Monopoly, Risiko, Uno are all games where you need more than 2 people to make it really good. By good I mean destroyed friendships, threats,blood, fire, tears - ehm I've had interesting game nights lmao

Would you like them to play a board game? If so, which one? I can't think of many that would go well with only 2 players tbh

edit: IVE BEEN TRYING TO POST THIS FOUR TIMES
BLOCKUS
JENGA (i love love jenga)
CATAN with a third person guest
MAGIC THE GATHERING (not a board game but shhh)
Monopoly livestreaming for 4 hours. If we can eat it up, then they truly have the most engaged audience in Youtube.
ngl, I would watch the shit out of that :garbage:

can I also suggest they play scrabble so Phil can whip out that BA in English, and Articulate because I want to see that psychic connection in action :stan: (me and my girlfriend played it, she got the word helicopter from me lassoing the air, need to see AmazingDan and philisnotonfire play this :rofl: )
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
MythicalPinkTrashCan
phabergé

Ticia wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:20 am
MythicalPinkTrashCan wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:13 am
liola wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:08 am This Slack chat sounds lit notgonnalie

There's a lot of discussion on tumblr about whether Deppy should play board games on DAPG, but I'm concerned how many people REALLY want Monopoly. Like. That would be the longest and less interesting video. Monopoly, Risiko, Uno are all games where you need more than 2 people to make it really good. By good I mean destroyed friendships, threats,blood, fire, tears - ehm I've had interesting game nights lmao

Would you like them to play a board game? If so, which one? I can't think of many that would go well with only 2 players tbh

edit: IVE BEEN TRYING TO POST THIS FOUR TIMES
BLOCKUS
JENGA (i love love jenga)
CATAN with a third person guest
MAGIC THE GATHERING (not a board game but shhh)
Monopoly livestreaming for 4 hours. If we can eat it up, then they truly have the most engaged audience in Youtube.
I would die, just straight up fade away, if they did monopoly. Not even the boys can get me to watch anything monopoly related
birdofparadise
not a first-time poster

love phil's ls, it's so lovely chill. i've had an awful day and phil's shows are so good for winding down. <3

the new youtube is distracting me too even though it's not really a huge change. but i do think i like it better, to me it feels less... cluttered? or something.

liola wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:08 am Would you like them to play a board game? If so, which one? I can't think of many that would go well with only 2 players tbh
i would love to see them play a board game! i have wanted that for ages! but yeah a lot of them don't work well with only 2 people so idk. operation? candyland? chutes and ladders? tbh i haven't played a board game in like 15 years so i don't even know what games are around now lol.

someone do timestamps for phil's ls pls
also someone invite me to the slack chat lol
MythicalPinkTrashCan
phabergé

Operation would be fun, but lots of screaming I imagine
socksparadox
glabella
Pronouns: any

Good lord, I take a 40 minute shower and i come back to a...wild few pages.
liola wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:08 am Would you like them to play a board game? If so, which one? I can't think of many that would go well with only 2 players tbh
I would kill to see them play Jenga tbh. Also Twister. does that even count as a board game?
♡ 𝚍𝚎𝚜𝚙𝚒𝚝𝚎 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐, 𝚒𝚝'𝚜 𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚢𝚘𝚞. :napsta:
iihappydaysii
glabella

I'd love for them to play like Trivial Pursuit or some modern version of this.

Or maybe bust out their favorite childhood games, just for nostalgia.

I second Jenga, though they did that on the radio show but you can't hear their bants.

Scrabble would be great. Life would be awesome too. Rock Em Sock Em robots. Lol I'd watch them play chess or checkers. I'm not picky.
citizen_erased
truth bomb

MythicalPinkTrashCan wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:41 am Operation would be fun, but lots of screaming I imagine
So same as usual then.

Personally I'd be up for a "highlights of our monopoly game" video, which I guess would be the last 10 minutes of the game where one of them sets the board on fire or smth. I'd also like scrabble or any other oldtime-y board game.

It's also been a very long time since I played any board games so I have no idea what else is out there that could be fun with just 2 players.
fancybum
senpai

:dogue: Dan and Misc Watch 2017 :haru:
GOODBYE SUMMER (August 31, 2017)

Prompted Dan Mention
20:15 "'Thanks for reblogging my anime art' said Noudi. You're welcome, it was amazing. [check out his tumblr to see] It was so good! It looked like a real anime of Dan’s chicken coffee shop incident”

39:35 (chat) Your and Dan’s vids are funny when I’m low
“Thank you for watching them”
Unprompted Dan Mention
28:50 “I went to the Barbican in London to a sci-fi exhibit”
30:50 (about some.. thing at the exhibit) “And I was watching it, and I was just like totally focused on this weird animal-like machine, and then Dan comes up behind me and gives me the biggest jumpscare. I screamed, like the loudest scream ever, scaring everyone else in the room. And I just still haven’t forgiven him for that, because it was.. honestly, I think it’s the most scared I’ve been this year. In such a quiet, serious setting. I’m surprised we didn’t get kicked out.”
31:40 (chat) I wish Dan would make me jump
“You do not.”
31:48 (chat) You should get him back
“I’m rubbish at pranks. I did prank him in my last liveshow, there’s a little Dan prank there, which was fun”

33:25 (chat) Any fun plans for this weekend Philly
“Not at the moment actually, which is a boring answer. Last weekend was really busy, I didn’t tell you about what else we did. Went to an escape room for my friend’s birthday”
“I’m just going to crank this lever while the other three people [so Wirrow/Bryony/Dan] went into this other room. Suddenly the cave wall comes down and I’m trapped on my own on the other side of this door, and Dan’s like ‘what’s happening’ [and lasers/codes/general escape room shenanigans shenaniganed and anyway Phil was the only who ‘died’ at the end womp womp]”
Neutral Dan Mention
5:05 “I went to Edinburgh. Had a great time.”

5:35 “Though we were sa– I went with Dan obviously– and we were sat opposite some people which I hate. I don’t know why trains are always laid out in fours.”
“So we had to sit opposite people. Which is fine, it’s just you’re staring at somebody else for 5 hours, and as someone that’s slightly introverted, I don’t wanna talk to someone for 5 hours, if it happened to be a chatty person. Thankfully they were just old people that were just chatting to themselves and we said like a nice hello, but there wasn’t any awkward chats.”

7:40 “[In Edinburgh] we were doing a talk about television and the internet and how people from the internet, like me and Dan, see television and how it could work together. And there was lots of scary TV people in the audience [and you guys, thx], it was a bit of a scary prospect, talking to TV people ‘cause they don’t always understand the YouTubes. They’re learning, they’re learning slowly.”

8:15 “Sue Perkins was great, she was such a nice interviewer”
8:30 “She was really chill, and we had a phone call with her the week before, which was great ‘cause we just kind of talked about what it was generally gonna be about and what kind of questions we could expect. And that was nice.”

9:00 “So if you’re interested in television and YT and want to see me and Dan waffle for like 45 mins, I think there’s a video of it on YT somewhere”

12:27 “If you haven’t seen, over on DanAndPhilGAMES, the much requested Golf with Friends video is up”
13:40 “Next [gaming] video will be Dil” maybe Sunday

16:15 “Our back-to-school sale is about to end on danandphilshop”

39:50 (chat) Clean us daddy
“As usual, there you go, I’m cleaning you with the danandphilshop bag, which you can get with the code GOODBYESUMMER, danandphilshop.com, grab a bag, end of the spon”
Miscellaneous
2:05 “And yes, Spooky Week is on the horizon”

2:10 “A leaf fell on my head and I was like, ‘Yes, that’s it! A golden leaf has blessed my presence'”
-if only it had been more than one, he could have had a golden leaf shower. wait.

16:05 (chat) Clean us
“You’re fully clean today”

21:45 (chat) How did you [get your bruise(s)]?
“I was fighting a bear. (laughs) People are so sick of me saying that. No, I only said that ‘cause it’s the most boring way to get a bruise ever. The one on my leg, which turned every colour under the sun, was just the stupidest thing ever, we’d just finished filming a gaming video and [he stood up right into a drawer in their gaming desk and the arm bruise is from walking into a bookshelf]”
-he's not only a menace to himself but to society at large

25:55 “[Livestreaming Mario Kart] was so fun! I had such a good time. I really like streaming gaming, I thought I would like it like I like doing this, but that was just like really fun. Especially ‘cause we were racing against you guys. There was a few issues with lag. This internet- basically our landlord told us before we moved in that we were gonna have fibre cable internet, and that was part of why we got this place, but then turns out: you can’t get cable here, and something was amiss, like they thought we could get cable and then we couldn’t get the cable. Anyway. [Looking into getting 4G internet]”
-hmmmmmm ok if you say so

37:35 (about AHS: Cult) “It’s gonna be amazing. Yeah, I’m hyped for that. My friend’s coming round to watch it ‘cause he’s a super fan. So, that should also be fun.”
-hype hype hype

40:50 (chat) Just broadcast the lava lamp
“I’ll just do that one day, I’ll just leave it on the lava lamp for the entire- if I go out for the day, I’ll just let you guys chat while you stare at the lava lamp”
-ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOLAMP

41:35 “new video on AP soon where we will get slimy”
:whiskers: Phinal Tally: said ‘Dan’ 10 times :whiskers:
~10/41.5mins = 0.24 per min
Last edited by fancybum on Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
Winston
flower crown

It would never happen in a million years but cards against humanity with Martyn and Cornelia. or PJ+. I want to see Phil win that game so bad, (since I know he did it already with a whole room of youtubers in FL once). I WANT to see it. However, since it won't ever happen, (unless Philly-bobs does a sudden and intense rebrand), Jenga would be good, or operation. Something fun for two people.

Also Hi everyone, I haven't been on in about a million years,
I don't even recognize a lot of people on here! I am amazed I could even log on. :D

I MISSED FANCYBUM'S RECAP POSTS SO MUCH!! <3 :stan:
actions speak louder than words
liola
rankussy

I'm gonna confess that I've never played Scrabble so I'd love to see them play that. Do curse words work?? Man that would be my game.

I'd like to see something where they can bant and not move around too much, Jenga would be a bit distracting and clumsy-prone.

I'm here for the twister idea though :stan: <-- oh bless you for bringing this back
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
MythicalPinkTrashCan
phabergé

Winston wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:00 am It would never happen in a million years but cards against humanity with Martyn and Cornelia. or PJ+. I want to see Phil win that game so bad, (since I know he did it already with a whole room of youtubers in FL once). I WANT to see it. However, since it won't ever happen, (unless Philly-bobs does a sudden and intense rebrand), Jenga would be good, or operation. Something fun for two people.

Also Hi everyone, I haven't been on in about a million years,
I don't even recognize a lot of people on here! I am amazed I could even log on. :D

I MISSED FANCYBUM'S RECAP POSTS SO MUCH!! <3 :stan:
Yes yes +1000 to CAH.
drearyquery
drama llama

I'd love to see board games! I would definitely watch monopoly but I doubt it would get many views and be super successful (you never know though). Same with scrabble

I second cards against humanity- that would be amazing but I doubt Phil would agree. Maybe they would do apples to apples the tamer cousin?

I also think something like battleship could work where we their two sides but obviously they couldn't see eachothers.

Maybe Life? Connect 4? Or Trivial Pursuit?

At this point I'm just throwing random shit out there
nigel ratburn
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

(dear lord the last few pages i'm just going to slowly back away :shock: :shock: :shock: )

i personally would love to see them play scrabble, specifically because this series of tweets is one of my favorite things on the planet and i want to witness the drama in person:
also +1 to the jenga and CAH suggestions
saffarinda
truth bomb

am i the only one who has no idea who this person is or...?
25/04/2017 - #blessed
autumnhearth
senpai

I'm down for the board games, though I'm not sure which ones would be best for streaming/videos. (The husband points out there are online or video versions of many of these). Monopoly and Life stress me out to play and might be a bit boring to watch. I love Trivial Pursuit and Scrabble! Operation would be hilarious. I'm picturing Battleship, but have never gotten into it myself. They have played Jenga several times in old liveshows and I would welcome its return in that capacity.

Nostalgia is great, but promoting new or lesser known games would be nice. I love Camel Up, but I think in order to make it fun, they would have to role play as their characters. Recommend me more games Philly! What was that rainbows game we saw on their shelf?

What I would really love to see in the future is collabs with other YouTubers at conventions playing games like Cards Against Humanity, Apples to Apples, Word Smith or any of the fun quirky games I'm always eyeing up in Barnes & Noble, filmed and put on the gaming channel. (I think we have snippets of them playing such things in people's vlogs).

Loki was a gorgeous cactus, who got his own book, after his untimely death. Which one was Poe?

Who else is looking forward to Phil's new fall fashion? I honestly have no idea what Phil saw when he googled fall trends 2017. Maybe a furry cowl.

(Dang I type too slow, everyone has discussed most of the same games, oh well)
Last edited by autumnhearth on Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Winston
flower crown

drearyquery wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:12 am I'd love to see board games! I would definitely watch monopoly but I doubt it would get many views and be super successful (you never know though). Same with scrabble

I second cards against humanity- that would be amazing but I doubt Phil would agree. Maybe they would do apples to apples the tamer cousin?

I also think something like battleship could work where we their two sides but obviously they couldn't see eachothers.

Oh battleship could be fun, with a split screen, and each side we see what the other doesn't. That could be fun. And apples to apples could be as well, just not quite as fun as CAH. Dang Phil's squeaky clean image. :|

I would also like to see that Drawing game they have played before, and have tweeted the pictures. They would need more people for it as well though.

I would love to see Martyn and Cornelia collab with them because I think they would be the most natural with them. As in less awkward or "on" as they would/could be with anyone else they aren't that comfortable with. Or it could swing the other way, and they would be nervous being too natural and wreck the whole thing. Either way it's something I would love to see, but I doubt highly I will ever see such a beautiful thing. :garbage:
actions speak louder than words
MythicalPinkTrashCan
phabergé

Winston wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:23 am
drearyquery wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:12 am I'd love to see board games! I would definitely watch monopoly but I doubt it would get many views and be super successful (you never know though). Same with scrabble

Oh battleship could be fun, with a split screen, and each side we see what the other doesn't. That could be fun. And apples to apples could be as well, just not quite as fun as CAH. Dang Phil's squeaky clean image. :|

I would also like to see that Drawing game they have played before, and have tweeted the pictures. They would need more people for it as well though.

I would love to see Martyn and Cornelia collab with them because I think they would be the most natural with them. As in less awkward or "on" as they would/could be with anyone else they aren't that comfortable with. Or it could swing the other way, and they would be nervous being too natural and wreck the whole thing. Either way it's something I would love to see, but I doubt highly I will ever see such a beautiful thing. :garbage:
Not gonna happen but:

Battleship on thecomputer. They livestream on their own channels with both a face cam and a screen cam. We can hear both, but only see the main person+screen. Stream for four-fifteen hours.

They would never split the audience that way, but it would be fun
obscureDnPreference
procrastinator
Pronouns: she/her/hers

saffarinda wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:19 am am i the only one who has no idea who this person is or...?
Nope. I'm totally lost.
"This is not children's television. I'm 26, I'm depressed, and I need edgy jokes to cope with my anxiety."
Daniel Howell, 10/30/17
sugar
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: they/them

wow....there's been like 10 pages since i went to sleep last night.

i know the conversation is pretty much long past but i really want to give my answers to gohomohowell's questions! i spent what felt like HOURS last night reading the responses and by the time i'd finished, i was about to fall asleep. so here i go:

1. Who do you really prefer out of Dan and Phil
dan. as in...i would rather hang out with dan. i think we have more in common. i relate to him more. we're pretty close in age and i just feel like we'd have a better time. and he's just....really gorgeous. looks shouldn't play a part in my decision but honestly. i could look at him all day. on the other hand, i'm more into phil's solo content as of late. i think dan takes himself too seriously and goes on and on about his quality threshold and then...the videos fall short of what i assume he's slaving away making based on how he talks about his creative process. however, i'm 100% here for them as a duo. if they didn't know each other, there was no gaming channel, and all we had was their solo channels, i wouldn't be inclined to watch either of them. however, it may be important to note that deppy are the only youtubers that i watch aside from beauty channels. and they're the only ones i've ever watched.

2. How many times have you shared Lord Voldemort's best phan edit of all?
quite a few. and by that i mean....maybe 5. i see where people are coming from when they say it's uncomfortable to watch/too personal but i guess i'm just not affected by that.
that being said...uhhhh....the link i used to use for it was recently deleted. anyone want to up their count by one and share it with me? DM of course. i'm blanking but if this is against the forum rules forget i said anything.
3. Do you like the dipper brothers being on Youtube or not? Do you ever want them to do more.... or less? :o
i have a hard time understanding/answering this as...youtube is what they do. if it weren't for youtube we wouldn't be here on idb and we probably wouldn't know who they are. they wouldn't have met. so yea...i like them being on youtube. i always want more. i don't watch markiplier and have never seen once of his videos but i've been on his channel....and i'm pretty sure he uploads like...multiple times a day. i'd give a limb for deppy to have that type of upload frequency.

4. If Dantru and Phollum came out separately disclosing non-straight sexualities, but not as being a couple, what would you think? Would you say that coming out as being in a gay couple is a bigger deal than coming out as non straight, or would you get annoyed and say that they're ship baiting etc.?
i'd be happy that they did so, however i already believe that they aren't straight so it wouldn't surprise me.
i do think that coming out as a couple would be a bigger deal and would mean more to me. do i expect it? not ever. i don't think that them coming out as a couple would in any way be shipbaiting....unless i'm reading the question wrong.

5. Have you ever stalked too far and found stuff that you shouldn't have? (Not talking about voldy here, other stuff such as addresses or full names etc.)
i'm curious so of course i've searched for things. never found anything though. and if i did i wouldn't do anything with it or send it to anyone. mainly, i just read things sometimes that get me interested about the kind of information about them that's out there, available to find. it's much less about me wanting to know the information. but, like i've said, i've never really found anything.

however, while they were still living in the old flat i did look up the address....because i knew it was out there and not that well-kept a secret. i purely wanted to know because i studied abroad in london in 2015 before i started watching their videos and i was curious, once i did get into them, to see how close i had lived to them. turns out i'd lived less than a 10 minute walk away and had walked by their flat numerous times.

also, i'm interested to see people mention the old dailybooths/formsprings/tweets for this. i know that they were deleted for a reason but the phandom doesn't really try to hide them so it never occurred to me to think about it in this type of way.

6. Most annoying thing about Danetrius and most annoying thing about Philesphical, go.
dan's persona. and i don't mean the 'relatable' existential crisis stuff. the things dan talks about when he's being particularly persona-heavy are not what bothers me. it's literally the way that he talks. it sounds so fake and ingenuine. i don't have a way to describe it but i hope some people know what i'm talking about. i just hate when he talks as if he's speaking for an audience and trying to entertain rather than just being himself. which is why the dan's soft natural voice compilation is literally my kink.

i can't think of anything about phil right now that really steams my clams other than the way that he looks at the camera when dan is talking. i always feel like he doesn't know what face to make when dan is talking and he ends up looking uncomfortable. which only annoys me because watching him makes me, in turn, uncomfortable. and the animal noises. for sure.

7. What's the average age on this site? (This is just me asking generally lmao, there must be a lot of people my age and younger but it seems they're the quiet and inactive minority/majority)

i'm 23

and part two!

1. Do you want Dan to come out with a label? As bisexual, pansexual, anything like that? Do you secretly wish that he did so no one could ever reasonably think of him as straight again? Or are you really satisfied with how it is now, just picking up the hints and references? Do you agree with Dan not wanting any labels, or do you secretly think that's dumb and believe he must have a label that he's just not confident enough to share yet? Divulge, divulge :twisted:

i don't need dan to come out with a label. that doesn't bother me. i think that dan probably identifies as queer, as he mentioned that he likes that as an umbrella term, and that's fine with me. even if that hadn't happened, i wouldn't feel like it was necessary. i've told people for ages that labeling yourself and coming out isn't as important as people make it seem. if it's important to you, that's cool! come out! do it! but don't do it beceause you feel like you're expected to. i never came out, i just live my life as an 'out' bi person around those whom i deem myself comfortable to be 'out' around. so i can't expect any more of dan. i do think that he probably has a label he identifies most with. i don't believe he's questioning in any way so i do believe he has a grasp on what he is and is not attracted to. but labels may be too constricting for him and perhaps he feels like he fits into more than one and would feel dishonest saying he's one then when he is also another....who knows. i'm really just word vomiting right now.

2. Let's say, Dan and Phil come out as a couple. It's simple - a caption on an Instagram post calling each other boyfriends or a kiss on the cheek. But after that confirmation.... nothing happens. They act exactly the same, sit exactly the same distance apart and you won't ever get any public kisses or hugs out of them. Maybe it's out of habit for them, or they're afraid of the backlash or they feel uncomfortable with all the fetishizing teen girls, whatever. But would you lose interest or would you keep speculating? Would you watch their videos with as much vigor as before? Or would you abandon ship? Because this is something we reference a lot but never give our own answers to.

i'd be thrilled and would continue to get just as much enjoyment out of their content. maybe even more, knowing that they were happy and comfortable enough to post something like that, even if just once. i wouldn't speculate any longer since speculation isn't really necessary when something is made public. but i'd probably still want to talk about them online to others who enjoyed witnessing them and their relationship.

--

finally....YES TO BOARDGAMES. i love boardgames and i would love to watch them play. the past two years, gerard way, with some friend, have done a charity gaming livestream where they played boardgames and it was incredibly entertaining. (particularly last year. this year really fell flat for me but that's besides the point) they played candyland and it was hilarious. i'd love something like that from deppy.

also, random other note, have them ever mentioned whether or not they'd do gamingmas again? i'd really love for them to do it again this year since i wasn't in the phandom last year and my hopes will be crushed if i find out they've vetoed doing it again.
pastelspectre
stress mushroom
Pronouns: he/him

hello i have been gone all day and i see there was a storm abrewin. the recaps of the liveshow for phil sound good. they make me wanna watch it o:
:transheart:
alch
ar·tic·u·late

awsugar wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:59 am
also, random other note, have them ever mentioned whether or not they'd do gamingmas again? i'd really love for them to do it again this year since i wasn't in the phandom last year and my hopes will be crushed if i find out they've vetoed doing it again.
In today's liveshow, someone asked whether gamingmas was happening and Phil said "I guess you'll have to wait and see" at about 24:35
susan2
rainbow nerd

birdofparadise wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:36 am someone do timestamps for phil's ls pls
I've never done them before, but I'll try...hope they're useful to someone!
00:00 - ooh new angle…is that a frickin feature wall?
00:40 - podcast mention - check
00:53 - we’re not even a minute in and he’s already going on a random tangent about how hilarious it is to look at someone's face upside down haha
01:50 - Autumn chat
03:17 - Game of Thrones - Phil’s been living for it
04:21 - Lava Lamp in background he hopes will start blobbing during the livestream…spoiler, it doesn’t
05:05 - Edinburgh trip - beautiful scenery on train, listened to Final Fantasy XV soundtrack, walked up to the castle (didn’t go in), got ice-cream, had stressy dreams that something might go wrong the night before their chat but it didn’t and Sue was a great interviewer
12:20 - Golf with Friends
13:38 - next video will be AP slime, then Sims (prob sometime this weekend, maybe Sunday)
15:23 - he needs some more snazzy new clothes, won’t do an AP lookbook but maybe a haul on a livestream
16:18 - DanandPhilShop #spon
16:31 - shows what’s in his backpack - “ooh an ibuprofen…I had that on the PLANE, I always get headaches on PLANES” - did he mean train and it was a slip of the tongue or…
— so much school talk — sorry i zoned out here —
19:08 - horse mention - check
19:25 - someone in the chat says “Phil that is not how you do air quotes” lol - Phil demonstrates that he can do them properly, but he feels like his other finger just wants to join in haha
— more school / Uni talk —
21:28 - someone asks about his bruise, straight away he says “I’m not getting my leg out again”. Says he actually got the one on his leg from a drawer under the desk in the gaming room (he was wheeled under it on his chair and then stood up into it). The one on his arm was from walking into a bookshelf.
23:37 - “you made my gay”
24:05 - “Phil can English well today”, gosh he sounded so like Dan there
24:38 - Gamingmas?… you’ll have to wait and see ( :o ). Definite yes to Spooky Week (yay!).
24:46 - Hurricane Harvey chat
25:23 - more DreamDaddy coming after Sims (though there might be another video in-between)
25:39 - Gaming LiveStream chat - Phil says it was so much fun and he really liked streaming the gaming, a few issues with lag
26:15 - their Landlord told them they were going to have Fibre Cable Internet….but turns out you can’t get cable there. (Phil being diplomatic as ever when they must be super frustrated about this). He’s been looking at getting some 4G which works off a sim card. Asks what games people want to see them play live? There will be more Gaming streaming in the next week or so.
28:48 - Barbican chat - went to see 'Into the Unknown' exhibition with lots of cool sci-fi stuff - Dan jumpscared him by sneaking up behind him and he screamed
31:38 - someone in the chat says “I wish Dan would make me jump”….”YOU DO NOT” lol ok Phil
32:00 - thoughts on Great British Bake Off (yaas getting to the good stuff :) ) - he liked it way more than he thought he would. Thinks it will improve over time. He prefers Mary, hopes Prue will describe things more and give more feedback. Yes Phil give those opinions.
33:38 - went to escape room for a friends birthday, was really dark, Phil got trapped in room on his own and ‘killed’ by lasers
36:09 - Scottish accent attempt…that physically hurt
36:22 - someone has BarrytheBowl as their username lol
37:15 - American Horror Story chat - he’s hyped for it, his friend’s coming round to watch it as he’s a superfan
39:50 - "clean us daddy" - he proceeds to rub that backpack #spon all over us
40:47 - suggests he could just broadcast the Lava Lamp and go out for the day to allow it to bloop….I mean let's be honest I’d prob watch it
sugar
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: they/them

alch wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:21 am
awsugar wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:59 am
In today's liveshow, someone asked whether gamingmas was happening and Phil said "I guess you'll have to wait and see" at about 24:35
what a coincidence, i was just about to watch it! it's probably me projecting my hopes for them to do it but 'you'll have to wait and see' sounds like more of a yes than if he were to have said something like 'we'll see' :twisted:
Artdefines06
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: She/They/Nothing

OMG I usually don't have thoughts on Liveshows but something about this one really made me want share the things I was thinking. Vacations really do well on them, whenever they get back from even a mini working vacation they are always so much more relaxed and open and I love it.
First thing: the moment where you are looking at someone upside-down and their eyes switch thing - tell me that wasn't a thing that has happened to him and Dan over the years. Sitting on the couch while one is laying down or whatever. I almost would have thought it was something he saw in a painting or something but he didn't reference anything? Def a personal experience that he laughed about with a real person, although I guess it could be something that happened at home with his family pre-dan.

Someone misses the countryside. It really makes you amazed that he made the move to london. He was the one who got the degree and looked for jobs and put in at radio one and dragged Dan with him (from what I understand). I hope he gets to retire to the country when he is ready with 10 dogs and a pond.

I had a lava lamp and they take forever - gl getting bubbles.

Is it weird that I want to beat up Phil's stress nightmares? Probably.

They bribed themselves with ice-cream to walk up a hill and if that isnt the cutest most domestic thing ever! Also, the "you don't even have to pay to get in to get a good view" is classic Phil. He just notices things like that. Whoever taught him to be mindful of money did a really good job because he is constantly aware of it, but not a miser who hordes and refuses to spend. GG Phil's family.

"It's usually the same questions in interviews" reminds me of the extensive outrage at the lack of their backstory that we have heard a hundred versions of already. I can understand his joy at not having to repeat a version of it. However, much of it was the same questions so w/e.

Dil on Sunday - hallelujah. :stan:

Science with Phil: "I don't really understand how it works, there must be some sort of chemical reaction"...Thanks. So educational lol.

My husband has the same Su shirt and its faded to pinkish-red, how is his still so bright red? What am I doing wrong lol.

wow - the sass of "yea, I'm rebranding to Amazingslime". Slay them. Sick of hearing the same questions over and over are we?

More of the "something to look forward to" philosophy - thats a nice way to live :)

My horse prince reference off the cuff -
why did that game stick with phil so much lol.

Phil's tumbler and the 'awkward pause so he doesn't say phan" art. I will say both of them have relaxed their standards on how cute/phannish the art they like/reblog is since I joined two years ago. Heck I have scrolled all the way back to when they would only like/rb pics of just them and nothing that didnt include the other person. So whether its because they are trying to reassure us that Dan and Phil is a brand, or because they are suddenly more ok with us celebrating their domestic moments just as much as their content, either way its nice to see more artists being recognized.

I believe the drawer story, but the bookcase seems a bit strange lol. w/e I believe him.

Now that he pointed out the lavalamp is about to bloop I can't stop watching it. I still doubt it will get good and bubbly by the end.

I feel your pain Phil! I just moved recently and so many places we looked at lied about having fiber! Luckily we know to look for the box in the closets and when there was no box the managers were all IDK, *shrug* *shifty eyes*. I'm sorry they got lied to.

ok, lots of those board games have pc versions. there are digital versions of monopoly and scrabble certainly. No excuses boys.

The fact that people still get upset over Phil's use of I statements when he wasn't alone confuses me. It's just the way he is, get used to it. Even if he does miraculously decided to go somewhere alone and not with Dan, so what? I feel bad though that so many people accuse him of lying when really its just that he tends to use I statements for some reason.

And now: 30 year old man with 5 o'clock shadow relates cutsy story about being jumpscared in a museum that is usally told by teens on their first date. Never change boys. Never change.

Dan's idea of a prank is sneaking up on someone. Phil's idea of a prank is getting someone to trust you with lies and laughing while they suffer.

Bad escape rooms suck. sorry. Again he mentions price when no one asked. Its so thoughtful though especially since most people struggle with money.

I'm annoyed that he hyped up the lava lamp and it never delivered. It takes a long time Phil!I would watch a lava lamp livestream. I watched Nerd3 play desert bus for like eight hours so obviously I'm easily amused.

The aggressive "time for dinner phil!" typing cracks me up.
I'm really tired now, that was hard lol. Also really glad I learned my lesson the hard way and copied this before I hit submit because it had timed out and I lost everything. Remember - save early, save often!
Last edited by Artdefines06 on Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:34 am, edited 2 times in total.