Dan & Phil Part 54: Born in the fires of the internet

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
yellowsubmarine
hobbit hair
Pronouns: she/her

saffarinda wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:52 pm Phil's lil *feed (what the hell Dan) made me laugh too, it's nice to know phil edits them because i really love the editing and i was wondering
you think Phil edited this one? It looks like a Dan edit to me, just for the comic sans, and he posted it? maybe I'm wrong.
"Treat yourself, because you're special and you're worth it."
MaggieW
glabella

I love every sims video and this wasn't an exception! The relaxed vibe of it was nice, and I was looking forward to see Dalien as a toddler (he's so cuuuute).

I also want to see their reactions when
they hear Dalien talking for the first time. Alien voices are... something.
snokoplasmic
procrastinator

i was really hoping we'd get the AP slime video today, but this was a nice one to get in place!
lovely-daniel
phillion/danosaur <//3

MaggieW wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:13 pm I love every sims video and this wasn't an exception! The relaxed vibe of it was nice, and I was looking forward to see Dalien as a toddler (he's so cuuuute).

I also want to see their reactions when
they hear Dalien talking for the first time. Alien voices are... something.
it seemed like they didn't seem to notice it this time but hopefully they will at some point next time. they have a weird voice, not robotic but something of the sort.
-c
Elemancy
butt chair

When they first started the sims I wasn't sure I'd enjoy it that much but it's actually been pretty entertaining for me to watch so far. Granted, some episodes are more enjoyable than others (redecorate and renovate all day every day) but I find it interesting to see the choices they make while trying to keep a consistent narrative flowing as they go along. I also like how Dan chose options for Dab to "mouth off" and for Dalien to make a mess during the family activity instead of keeping their actions polite and proper all the time. I think it invites a little more unpredictability wondering what might happen in the future as a result while not completely destroying the storyline of this unconventional but tight-knit family they've set up. It really is like a soap opera in a way and (this is a strictly personal opinion here look out) more interesting to watch them play than dream daddy. I guess more to do with how they choose the path the story goes and are able to introduce characters and influence other characters actions at a whim, whereas DD seems to follow a linear storyline they're mostly reacting to rather than actually engaging with in a way that affects the gameplay as it does with the sims. Then again I know next to nothng about DD so it might be completely different than I think it is and I'll keep watching the series when they upload another episode of it anyway, but for the moment sims has me completely hooked.

tl;dr: This sims episode was nice, Dalien's true form is a glitch in the matrix and Dan clearly needs to buy Phil one of those volcano kits for them to make together. He's already creating slime in his room, might as well resurrect science Phil completely and go for broke.
Last edited by Elemancy on Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:dildo:
cringemonkey
drama llama

I really liked that Sims episode! I don't usually watch them all the way through (usually i just wait for the summary) but this time I did :D Trying to come up with random moments i thought were cute and all that's coming to mind rn is Phil saying in an adorable voice "hug lovingly!!11!" and also him begging for the tree house :garbage: OH and also the part where Phil was like "we'll be good parents though" and he also said "our baby" at one point and I ended up smiling like an idiot lol <3 :love2:

Before watching the vid i saw an ask on alittledizzy's tumblr where someone thought the part where they were talking about Phil's dislike for hot breakfast (aside from pancakes/waffles) seemed weirdly intense and after watching, I have to agree ! Anyone else see something there ? *pretend tinhat emoji bc i can't figure out how to put it in at the moment*
howadorableright
sad dimple

cringemonkey wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:08 pm Before watching the vid i saw an ask on alittledizzy's tumblr where someone thought the part where they were talking about Phil's dislike for hot breakfast (aside from pancakes/waffles) seemed weirdly intense and after watching, I have to agree ! Anyone else see something there ? *pretend tinhat emoji bc i can't figure out how to put it in at the moment*
I like to think that Dan made Phil a hot breakfast and Phil told him he liked it and only now is Dan finding out The Truth™

[Offtopic]is it possible to change your username? i changed my tumblr last week to howadorableright and i want to change it here but i can't figure out how[/Offtopic]
back back back back again
saffarinda
truth bomb

yellowsubmarine wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:11 pm
saffarinda wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:52 pm Phil's lil *feed (what the hell Dan) made me laugh too, it's nice to know phil edits them because i really love the editing and i was wondering
you think Phil edited this one? It looks like a Dan edit to me, just for the comic sans, and he posted it? maybe I'm wrong.
ehh phil can use comic sans too. idk i kinda assumed because of the "Dan" instead of "me" or something like that, but I suppose it could just be dan talking to himself

thank u citizen_erased uhh my grandad just died of a heart attack but the well wishes were v much appreciated. i'm just trying to ignore the situation and look at things online to stop myself from thinking about it and crying aha :love2:
25/04/2017 - #blessed
archived
drama llama
Pronouns: dying

mesmericphilip wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:33 pm[Offtopic]is it possible to change your username? i changed my tumblr last week to howadorableright and i want to change it here but i can't figure out how[/Offtopic]
[Offtopic]There is a thread where you request username changes[/Offtopic]

http://indepthbants.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=68&start=25
sorry if I come off a bit wanky

... but I'm probably right you know
lurker
janice from the shop
Pronouns: they/them

Anonymousse, thanks for answering my question two pages back. your post added to my list of reasons to hop on the board game train!
thank's you were great
Lain
eclipse shirt

[Offtopic]
sparkle wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:37 pm
thephandommenace wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:41 pm
Lain wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:14 pmIn all seriousness, though, the board game dweeb that's been inside me since childhood would probably settle for 60 minutes of Dan and Phil Play: Guess Who?
sparkle and I met up and played Guess Who? today and it was the funniest shit ever :lol:
Guess who won ;)
I would love if D&P played it: the competitiveness, the wild guesses, the strokes of luck, Dan upsetting his board and Philly coming at you with a solid whack. It would be glorious.

I guess Scrabble wouldn't be so good for a live stream? There'd be a lot of long silences. But if it were an edited gaming video that took out a lot of the long pauses, it could work. Or if it was a game with more than 2 people so that while 1-2 people are thinking, the other 2 are chatting. Whereas CAH needs less deciding time and the bants flow more freely.
You only won because you got lucky with a wild guess!!! :lol: I demand a rematch!
That is inspirational. :lol: I think you guys have sold me on a Guess Who? video! Maybe a cute best of five, or maybe they could play a round the way I sometimes play with my one of my daughter's - instead of the garden variety "does your person have glasses" q's, we'll ask ridiculous questions like "does your person look like someone that has a sink full of dishes" and try to see how close/far off we are. :oops:

Also, congrats on the victory thephandommenace! If you and sparkle have that rematch, please post the results!

[/Offtopic]

edit: I’m so sorry to hear about your grandad, saffarinda.
cringemonkey
drama llama

mesmericphilip wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:33 pm
I like to think that Dan made Phil a hot breakfast and Phil told him he liked it and only now is Dan finding out The Truth™
haha this would be a funny possibility and it's a great theory! :rofl: so cute.

as others have said: saffarinda, my heart goes out to you <3

[Offtopic]I was wondering - is there anywhere to talk about music on idb? i've been finding so much good music recently and want to talk about it somewhere lol[/Offtopic]
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Not my favorite Sims episode but I liked them talking about making good parents. Context? idk her.

Their discussion on school projects is one of those conversations they'd randomly have come up IRL while sitting on the couch watching a TV show but this time it's on camera and that makes me feel things. The game glitches were also pretty entertaining.

I'd sell my soul for CAH on the gaming channel but I'd sell my soul for a lot of things that aren't happening so I'm not holding my breath. It'd be so good tho. :love2:

@saffarinda My condolences *hug*

@cringemonkey We have a music thread and a kpop thread under Other Fandoms so plenty of room to talk music of all genres :D
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
liola
rankussy

saffarinda sending you some virtual love <3 very sorry for your loss.

The Sims video was cute, not my favorite but I liked it! I was surprised when I got the notifications cause I thought Phil said in his live show that it would be posted on Sunday? I definitely thought he'd post his slime video first.

I know zero about alien babies, never managed to get one in the Sims so I was curious to see how Dalien would look as a toddler. Are they all bald in their real look? But omg the ginger disguise :garbage: I'm sorry but I just can't stop thinking about both their DNA tests saying they have chances to get ginger children and now this. Also loved how they said "we'll be good parents" cause they literally started the Sims with Dil being their combination, not their son and now look where we are!

I think 2017 is truly the year where they said goodbye to personal space
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
socksparadox
glabella
Pronouns: any

The sims video was nice! Nothing new though. I always see people saying they're tired of the sims series, but I'm still emotionally invested in it. It was cool to see all the interactions you can do with aliens in the sims! Also the glitch part made me lose my shit, as I always find video game glitches to be irrationally funny.
saffarinda, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I hope you and your family are holding up okay! <3
♡ 𝚍𝚎𝚜𝚙𝚒𝚝𝚎 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐, 𝚒𝚝'𝚜 𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚢𝚘𝚞. :napsta:
Ilovethemohyesido
living flop

After their DNAs videos, the fact that Dalien is ginger was just hilarious!!
lovely-daniel
phillion/danosaur <//3

socksparadox wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:46 am The sims video was nice! Nothing new though. I always see people saying they're tired of the sims series, but I'm still emotionally invested in it. It was cool to see all the interactions you can do with aliens in the sims! Also the glitch part made me lose my shit, as I always find video game glitches to be irrationally funny.
saffarinda, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I hope you and your family are holding up okay! <3
i agree. my fellow phannie friends tease me about it. but i still love it all the same. its a story and im invested.

also @saffarinda i hope you are doing ok. i have lost all of my grandparents and i totally understand! pm me if you would like. best wishes, love :(
-c
lovely-daniel
phillion/danosaur <//3

i have seen a lot of people mention that they want dip and pip (i like calling them that idk) to play monopoly or some sort of board game. i have seen it here, gg, twitter, and i think someone even said it in phil's last live show. it hasnt been brought up in a few months until now, at least i havent seen it until recent. i even saw someone recently mention it here. anyone else agree? would you watch? honestly im so deep id probably watch it anyways.
-c
rainydays
sofa crease

lovely-daniel wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:04 am i have seen a lot of people mention that they want dip and pip (i like calling them that idk) to play monopoly or some sort of board game. i have seen it here, gg, twitter, and i think someone even said it in phil's last live show. it hasnt been brought up in a few months until now, at least i havent seen it until recent. i even saw someone recently mention it here. anyone else agree? would you watch? honestly im so deep id probably watch it anyways.
Honestly I'm so thirsty for content that they could upload a two-hour long video playing only rock paper scissors and I would watch every second of it from start to finish with utmost interest.
sparkle
blobfish

[offtopic]
Lain wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:02 am
sparkle wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:37 pm
thephandommenace wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:41 pm
Lain wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:14 pmIn all seriousness, though, the board game dweeb that's been inside me since childhood would probably settle for 60 minutes of Dan and Phil Play: Guess Who?
sparkle and I met up and played Guess Who? today and it was the funniest shit ever :lol:
Guess who won ;)
I would love if D&P played it: the competitiveness, the wild guesses, the strokes of luck, Dan upsetting his board and Philly coming at you with a solid whack. It would be glorious.

I guess Scrabble wouldn't be so good for a live stream? There'd be a lot of long silences. But if it were an edited gaming video that took out a lot of the long pauses, it could work. Or if it was a game with more than 2 people so that while 1-2 people are thinking, the other 2 are chatting. Whereas CAH needs less deciding time and the bants flow more freely.
You only won because you got lucky with a wild guess!!! :lol: I demand a rematch!
That is inspirational. :lol: I think you guys have sold me on a Guess Who? video! Maybe a cute best of five, or maybe they could play a round the way I sometimes play with my one of my daughter's - instead of the garden variety "does your person have glasses" q's, we'll ask ridiculous questions like "does your person look like someone that has a sink full of dishes" and try to see how close/far off we are. :oops:

Also, congrats on the victory thephandommenace! If you and sparkle have that rematch, please post the results!
Oh the rematch will happen - I have declared war - the worst part is that if I'd declared 'all or nothing' at 4 games to 1 I would have won :lol:

we spent a good while debating how big of a nose constitutes a big nose, and does a five o'clock shadow constitute facial hair. Please Dimple and Philly cheesesteak, please bless us with this #content. Think about how great and how low effort the PhotoBooth Challenge Tag was - I need a first to five Guess Who? :garbage:
[/Offtopic]

as with others, saffarinda I hope you're holding up okay and i'm so, so sorry to hear about your loss <3 sending you some virtual hugs <3
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
colfreckles
drama llama

I'm not done watching Sims yet, but I just had to pause and post here because they are sitting SO CLOSE and are SO TOUCHY-FEELY. :garbage: :garbage: :garbage:
FandomLurker
crusty sponge

Does it seem like the views on their gaming videos is decreasing? Am I just being paranoid? I don't really get why this has been on my mind but has been annoying/bothering me.

I liked this latest Sims video probably because it was so cute and familyish. I loved Dan's volcano story, Phil seemed a little too quiet for my preference but it was probably like the video style. I always thought it must be a little weird/awkward for Phil because he doesn't control the game in the Sims and in a lot of their gaming. He is probably used to it but I do sometimes wonder if that impacts their interactions and might be why I love their other gaming stuff better. I just think when they are both actually playing, in things like donkey kong, the bomb thing or even geoguessr or google games, their interactions are so much funnier and playful and balanced. I think I have been really missing that type of content. Although like every has said I love them and their content so much I would bathe in a several hour board game video. My least fave d+p stuff is still content I like better than anything else.
captainspacecoat
stress mushroom

Catallena wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:24 am Not my favorite Sims episode but I liked them talking about making good parents. Context? idk her.
Me. I don't know why parent talk fuels me so much, but it really does. Great content tbh, 10/10. Also regarding the sims series, I actually don't mind it generally as it tends to provide opportunities for domestic chit-chat, which is nice.

re: possible regrets - I personally struggle to see any evidence that either of them regretted the fact that 2010-2011 was spent essentially living out of each other's pockets, nor do I see anything to suggest that they feel that that hindered opportunities for them to experience living independently. Prior to Dan moving to Manchester for uni and Phil getting his own flat they had been living long distance for almost a year, and they clearly lamented that fact. Their time together was limited and costly, and while I'm obviously not Dan and Phil and can't claim to know how they actually felt, I would imagine that they were pretty relieved/excited to finally be living in the same city. They weren't officially living together, which meant that Dan got to experience uni life and Phil got to experience living on his own, but they were close enough that they could see each other whenever they wanted rather than relying on Skype calls and infrequent four hour train rides. Seems like the perfect situation to me, especially after having lived so far apart for so long.

re: games they should play - In a perfect world they would cater to my every whim and play Guess Who but the way Natalie Tran and her boyfriend play it, where you aren't allowed to use the characters' names but instead make up attributes based on their appearance, and guess based on that.

re: other things - I am so unexpectedly pleased to see that Dan has finally added Phil's channel to his youtube page - the fact that it's the only channel on there that isn't his makes me v happy :love1: (also, so glad to see the love heart emojis back!! thank you for your continued efforts at restoring the old forum, mods :love2: :love2: :love2: )

And saffarinda sending you lots of love, I'm so sorry :love1:
hello9217
flower crown

FandomLurker wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:06 am Does it seem like the views on their gaming videos is decreasing? Am I just being paranoid? I don't really get why this has been on my mind but has been annoying/bothering me.

I liked this latest Sims video probably because it was so cute and familyish. I loved Dan's volcano story, Phil seemed a little too quiet for my preference but it was probably like the video style. I always thought it must be a little weird/awkward for Phil because he doesn't control the game in the Sims and in a lot of their gaming. He is probably used to it but I do sometimes wonder if that impacts their interactions and might be why I love their other gaming stuff better. I just think when they are both actually playing, in things like donkey kong, the bomb thing or even geoguessr or google games, their interactions are so much funnier and playful and balanced. I think I have been really missing that type of content. Although like every has said I love them and their content so much I would bathe in a several hour board game video. My least fave d+p stuff is still content I like better than anything else.
I honestly wouldn't worry. The Sims video will hit a million in a couple of days because they always do really well. The golf video is climbing slowly because it's the third one-i.e. people tend to want new games- but I think in a week it will also have a million. And then if you look at the gaming livestream-you would honestly have to be so dedicated to sit through all that lag. Also people tend to want to watch those type of things when they are actually live and I don't know if youtube factors in the views for the people that were actually watching it live. But again in a couple of days that too will hit one million views. I have loved the games they have been playing recently, except for the sims :roll: , but they have been games for the more dedicated audience rather than just casual viewers.
tyhane
delia smith

I thought for sure we'd be getting the AP slime vid today and Sims on Sunday or something. I thought Phil said something along those lines in his ls, or at least something about a video on the weekend. The video was surprisingly enjoyable, even though I'm one of those that is a bit sick of the Sims series. I mean I don't HATE it like some people do (although I joke about it lol), I just feel like it's ran its course. I also just find it... sort of an uninteresting game for YT/let's-plays in general? I actually love the Sims and have played the games since 2 was new and shiny, though I haven't done much of 4 yet. But I know that the Sims YT community is big so obviously lots don't feel that way. Maybe if they had a concrete goal, whether an actual challenge or just "let's go until Dil dies/completes (x) aspiration/etc.", I'd like it better, purely because that's how I like to play games myself. Now I'm curious what actually will be the end of it. Dil's death seems like an obvious choice. But I can't tell if they have ageing off or something? It seems like such a long time.

Mainly I'm insanely curious: if/when they end the Sims, would they start another long-running series in its place? Or would one-off videos simply replace what would have been Sims videos? Everybody seems to have passionate ideas of games they'd like to see DnP play, but I honestly feel like I'd be okay with anything they'd do. I do tend to enjoy faster-paced... GAME-games (for lack of a better term :P) such as Mario Kart and Crash Bandicoot over games like Google Feud, Geoguessr, Horse Prince, etc. Though there's been plenty middle-of-the-road ones I've enjoyed like Crossy Road, Quick Draw, and Dumb Ways to Die.