Dan & Phil Part 54: Born in the fires of the internet

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
ArtyJim
glabella

Gnosia wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:04 pm When they first started the sims I wasn't sure I'd enjoy it that much but it's actually been pretty entertaining for me to watch so far. Granted, some episodes are more enjoyable than others (redecorate and renovate all day every day) but I find it interesting to see the choices they make while trying to keep a consistent narrative flowing as they go along. I also like how Dan chose options for Dab to "mouth off" and for Dalien to make a mess during the family activity instead of keeping their actions polite and proper all the time. I think it invites a little more unpredictability wondering what might happen in the future as a result while not completely destroying the storyline of this unconventional but tight-knit family they've set up. It really is like a soap opera in a way and (this is a strictly personal opinion here look out) more interesting to watch them play than dream daddy. I guess more to do with how they choose the path the story goes and are able to introduce characters and influence other characters actions at a whim, whereas DD seems to follow a linear storyline they're mostly reacting to rather than actually engaging with in a way that affects the gameplay as it does with the sims. Then again I know next to nothng about DD so it might be completely different than I think it is and I'll keep watching the series when they upload another episode of it anyway, but for the moment sims has me completely hooked.

tl;dr: This sims episode was nice, Dalien's true form is a glitch in the matrix and Dan clearly needs to buy Phil one of those volcano kits for them to make together. He's already creating slime in his room, might as well resurrect science Phil completely and go for broke.
i love your whole post and i especially agree about liking the sims more than dream daddy so you're not alone.

i think phil should do one of those volcano kits for his channel tbh. but maybe not in his room haha
mintsans
sofa crease

I love the sims series cause it's nice to see the very natural and yet funny transition of them vehemently insisting Dil is not their child to them having parenting dilemas and worries almost as if it was all real. Amazing.

I love how excited Phil got over the prospect of cute toddler clothes ahhhh if they ever have children they'll spoil them so bad hahaha
gnostic
stress mushroom

Is no one else gonna mention how strongly opinionated Phil was about standing up to being harassed in school? You tell em, Philly!
Just here for the marketing skills
dae
dank meme
Pronouns: They/them

Hm I haven't watched the latest sims but from what I've seen its a very diverse discussion here I'm very much the type of person that doesn't appreciate things as much as I should until they are gone so to say the sims series were to end I'm sure I would feel a bit sad even if in this moment I don't think I would necessarily I dislike the sims but i do understand why people find it entertaining personally I'm like reactions I like to read comments on a video to see others thoughts which is actually a reason I joined here so basically while I can occasionally enjoy light banter i more prefer games with more depth and decisions but even then I don't think my dislike for the sims series is just that I think that it in fact is more based around how slow it is moving the same formula every video and even the remodeling its at a point where I know what Dan is going to say and do and how Phil will react to it it's gotten drawn out to an extent and imo i would love to see Dan and Phil pursue another game for a series on top of that I own sims 4 my self and I hardly play I mean somedays I play for 6 hours nonstop then I won't play for months I get bored of things very easily when it's the exact same thing everytime like a broken record of sorts anyway just some random thoughts
"Accept that you don't really have to know everything and why"
pastelspectre
stress mushroom
Pronouns: he/him

i watched the sims video a few hours after it came out (i had to do social things lol), and its honestly one of my favorites in the series? the editing was on point, their cute discussion about phil not liking hot breakfast, them touching so closely. sign me up my dude. i laughed so many times at the jokes they made in the video omg.
:transheart:
nerdysporks
crusty sponge
Pronouns: she/her or they/them

Phil squealing about the toddler suit! Phil saying that he and Dan would be good parents! Idk there was a lot of soft domestic stuff that I loved in this episode.
human
dan hand trash

I loved the new Sims video, the weird koala Dalien glitch was absolutely hysterical and I also really enjoyed the bants in this one.

Also, I know I'm a Dan girl and all, but Dan was exceptionally soft and cute in this video and dang I literally feel like it's been criminal of him to hide that gorgeous hair from us for so long. Guh.

Also, I want to start a Dan is glowing and must be pregnant rumour btw; having seen him looking similarly stunning in Edinburgh after the panel (see an earlier post), he just seems to be radiating something extra gorgeous and happy right now and I'm all about it.
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

Well Phil, time to scrap that Slime video and film a baking soda volcano adventure with Dan instead! ... or make it a series? Phil vs. Science - like Man vs. Science minus 100% strong language

Are soda volcanos a thing in Europe? Cause I've only ever heard about them from American TV/movies...
scientia
phabergé

I had a dream that deppy's secret project had them appearing on a home buying/renovation show as they bought and designed their first purchased home. The specific thing I remember was them debating paint swatches 🎨 I did watch the latest sims video as I was falling asleep lol
nephilimcat
woodland creature
Pronouns: she/her

Sims videos are just nice and wholesome and cute. But sometimes I get really frustrated with the way they play, it's just nothing like the way I would play and it stresses me out when they don't get some of the more obvious things. Dalien glitching was hilarious though, this stuff does happen sometimes :lol:
LtrllySusan wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:17 am Well Phil, time to scrap that Slime video and film a baking soda volcano adventure with Dan instead! ... or make it a series? Phil vs. Science - like Man vs. Science minus 100% strong language

Are soda volcanos a thing in Europe? Cause I've only ever heard about them from American TV/movies...
A slime video AND a baking soda volcano video would be amazing in my opinion. And I'd be so down for a series where Phil does similar things on a regular basis. Does he even have a series at the moment (apart from PINOF)? He could also try some of these kits, like growing crystals and stuff. It's not a very new thing on YouTube but I think it would be very entertaining and still fit his channel. Also reminiscent of Simon, rip in peace little shrimp :(

I assume those volcanoes might be a thing by now but I also only heard of them from American shows.
pulvis et umbra sumus
vincentian
hobbit hair

The Sims series and a few of first gaming videos was what got me hooked on D&P in the first place. But I don't care about their Sims characters (except maybe Dab&Evan possible storyline lol) and kinda cringe when they try to interpret something that happens in the game in a relatable way. Also they aren't that savvy of the game's mechanics,
which can be both funny and frustrating.

I feel like I enjoy a Sims episode when Deps are really cheerful themselves, which they were in most of their latest gaming videos, so it wasn't a bad Sims episode. I wish though we had a different/several different series on DAPG instead of Sims which is *neverending* but never fails to get at least a mil views in a couple of days.
mermaid blood
Moderator Emeritus

gnostic wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:56 am Is no one else gonna mention how strongly opinionated Phil was about standing up to being harassed in school? You tell em, Philly!
i noticed this, and Dan was initially hesitant and concerned about being blamed for making noise. i wonder if this has any relation to their respective experiences.

this was a far more relaxed and satisfying instalment of sims, they sometimes make me a bit antsy? dan was calm and phil was quite expressive, his tone and excitement caught me off guard a few times. loved it like everyone else it seems!

some stampies:

2.35 - dan: throw me in the trash with your legs
3.15 - Draw Phil Naked nostalgia. dan prisses.
Phil sings randomly and incorrectly, dan stares at him. freaking adorable interaction.
3.40 - phil: ('lit-rally') it's as if 2013 dan was a rock.
5.45 - and this is when phil ceases to observe dan's personal space
6.40 - phil: i used to draw everyone without any arms..psychologically analyse me as a child
9.47 - dan looks at phil during a technical glitch
10.46 - phil does his dorky little amused laugh at dan's silliness
12.08 - phil: is this a little alien tuxedo? (super high pitched] awww i wanna die!
12.40 - phil: yes! everything dalien has should be pastel
16.00 - future peek into their parenting style (no spoiling the kids)
17.15 - one of them has edited across the screen a correction to dan's word flub
17.45 - phil can't stomach a hot breakfast, then lists hot breakfasts he likes. dan clarifies he doesn't like savoury. v domestic
20.48 - phil's cute dorky laugh again
22.00 - confirmed: dab is a dick
22.48 - dan: it looks so weird, phil.
phil: i like it [moves shoulders]
23.25 - phil never got to make a volcano science project, dan tells story about his, phil looks only mildly interested (lol) and awkward. he's probably heard it before.
25.15 - joking about youtube content that gets views
26.15 - phil: i'm living! [claps hands over mouth]
26.25 - dan introduces angst to the perfect family portrait

and my golf ones, cause that was similarly relaxed and cute. they're in a good place lately, no?

3.08 - "hole detected"
3.55 - dan stumbles over his words. phil: already got the caddy lad on that
4.28 - phil: you get the smooth action from dan, the jumpy action from me. [dan makes a face]
[phil makes a sexual squeal]
dan: - yeah someone's gonna take that with no video for youtube poop.
5.34 - dan: tease it? you make me so uncomfortable with your golf banter.
6.20 - dan: ball clash dot com
phil: don't go to that website.
dan: are you going to buy it again, like cushion stack?
6.30 - phil singing karma chameleon. ADORABLE.
6.56 - dan: you nudged me a bit there
phil: i didnt. take me to court. [laughs]
11.30 - phil: i got eagle! feel that.
dan: felt.
phil: felt?
dan: birdie. [small bird impression]
phil: yeah my eagle rips your birdie's head off.
dan: violent nature, jesus
phil: just strained my groin because i got too into it.
dan: [makes face] stretch before you play golf, guys
12.30 - dan [very quietly, taunting] oh phil, seems like you're one behind
20.35 - dan: aww, floppy dild.
phil: what?!
22.23 - dan pretends to go to punch phil in his side, phil elated face
24.10 - phil doesn't shake dan's hand but...holds onto his fingers instead?
24.13 - dan: you know what, i'll buy you a pint just because i appreciate your friendship.
phil: thanks
dan: because its not about the competition, its about spending good time with my friends...and our caddy lad, Derek.
phil: thanks Derek.
[both look at the camera]
25.13 - dan: get dressed for nice events, not just to go play sports with people, but just to treat yourself.
phil: have you seen what you're wearing though? (THE SHADE!)

human this gay girl looked twice. i think it's the hair, looks healthy and soft. also a bit of exposed neckline doesn't hurt, dan has a clavicle area that is both soft and also defined, somehow. not that i've thought about it or anything.
art in avatar by lily
lurker
janice from the shop
Pronouns: they/them

man, the sims videos -- on one hand, i'm beginning to actively dislike dil and i wish deppy would make the sims' domestic lives a little less...bourgeois...but on the other, they never fail to be entertaining to me and put me in a good mood. i guess i can't roll my eyes for too long when they're in a good mood as well and the series continues to deliver domestic bants, so i'm trying to just take it as fluffy entertainment and not think too much about it.

i do wish they'd focus more on tabitha, though, and give her any kind of interesting development. the dalien "storyline" is cute, but it's once again something that focuses on dil and while i get that he's the "main character" i just feel like the series could definitely use a little break from focusing on him. jk i just dislike him. on the upside, i had the impression that in this video, deppy seemed to be more mindful not to let her do the feeding and bringing to bed parts of parenthood while dil gets to do the "fun parts", which is something that's been bugging me (though i can't tell for sure if it's really a thing they do constantly since i've only ever watched each video once). :roll: so i'm hoping that they either change tabitha's career or something, or focus on dab and evan more.

all in all, i liked the new episode. it's sweet how they're being mindful about dividing their attention between dab and dalien. phil being insistent that dab stood up to his bully was also a good moment, like gnostic mentioned. an honorable mention goes out to phil for dragging 2013!dan. i'm also signing the petition to get phil a volcano kit and fulfil that childhood dream. come on, phil, that's the content i subscribed to lessamazingphil for.
mermaid blood wrote:phil never got to make a volcano science project, dan tells story about his, phil looks only mildly interested (lol) and awkward. he's probably heard it before.
must be hard knowing each other for so long that there's no story left that you haven't heard before twice :lol:
thank's you were great
sparkle
blobfish

LtrllySusan wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:17 am Well Phil, time to scrap that Slime video and film a baking soda volcano adventure with Dan instead! ... or make it a series? Phil vs. Science - like Man vs. Science minus 100% strong language

I always feel weird about identifying as European :lol: (especially now as we told the EU where to stick it - heh)

I did it! I didn't do it in Science though, I did it in year 8 Geography when we were learning about Volcanoes and earthquakes :D though I might be unusual because I had an awesome Geography teacher who made a map round the school with things for us to find for map reading, brought in Japanese snacks to try when we were learning about Japan, and let us watch Tarzan when we were learning about rainforests because apparently the background animation is actually really accurate to what a real rainforest ecosystem looks like.

But people hated him because he was gay and was quite a gentle guy (i.e. would rather talk to you after class than give you detention) - go figure. (this has made me sad that I didnt stay at school and do Geography A-Level :shock:)
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
thephandommenace
procrastinator

LtrllySusan wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:17 amAre soda volcanos a thing in Europe? Cause I've only ever heard about them from American TV/movies...
I did it when my friend took me to Brownies once (is that what it's called? I forget) and I thought it was the coolest thing ever. The lava was really red though, it looked a bit ominous :shock:
sparkle wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:00 am
I did it! I didn't do it in Science though, I did it in year 8 Geography when we were learning about Volcanoes and earthquakes :D though I might be unusual because I had an awesome Geography teacher who made a map round the school with things for us to find for map reading, brought in Japanese snacks to try when we were learning about Japan, and let us watch Tarzan when we were learning about rainforests because apparently the background animation is actually really accurate to what a real rainforest ecosystem looks like.

But people hated him because he was gay and was quite a gentle guy (i.e. would rather talk to you after class than give you detention) - go figure. (this has made me sad that I didnt stay at school and do Geography A-Level :shock:)
Awww that's so sad, he sounds lovely :cry: my Year 8 geography teacher made fun of me by giving me a Russian nickname (Babushka) and then made Russian jokes at me all term... I'm not Russian and my name doesn't sound at all Russian, I was very confused :lol:
Also I'm so glad Guess Who is becoming a popular suggestion haha! Victory will be mine, Lain, I swear on it 8-)
mermaid blood
Moderator Emeritus

lurker your complaint is definitely not a new one, i've long felt the same way and have seen others with the same opinion. for me she's only interesting as a live example of their own relationship position interfering with a game play, which is fascinating to watch unravel i guess, if very frustrating. Dil had many opportunities at relationships with male characters where the chemistry was immediate but they pushed repeatedly until they got luck with a female character. they expressed their discomfort and anxiety with the male flirtations at the time with jokes, but mostly avoidance. i don't think they have any attachment to her, she was a symptomatic plot device. we're merely seeing the results of that choice.

i'd love to watch them start the same Sim series in 2017 and see if they made different choices. the dan and phil voluntarily playing dream daddy and embracing same-sex led families with significantly reduced projected anxiety.
art in avatar by lily
fancybum
senpai

Well depending on how long they drag the Sims out, I'm looking forward to Widower Dil remarrying some dude in his old age (rip Tabs) while joint best men Dalien and Dab and son-in-law Evan watch. Maybe Dil was trying to seduce the wrong Pancake and there's a big messy love story just waiting there.

Is another gaming stream likely today? Like is that going to be a weekly thing, orr..
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

I was also surprised this popped up after Phil's "slime soon" video didn't appear by 8pm. When he said it would be really soon I thought he meant last night if not even soon after his liveshow. I'm now really interested to make my own fluffy slime, it just seems such a satisfying thing to squish. I'm so here for him to do the volcano too. I remember we had the option to do it for geography homework (also in year 8, the syllabus only changes so much I guess cos that was 1994). Dan's story of one-upping people with a blow-up bed pump was hilarious. "Blew shards of The Guardian" could make a good thread name ;)

The video was lovely, I love the Sims series because it's gone on so long now, they're invested, the characters and their lives are developing. They're not being innovative I guess, having a normal family, but when I played Sims 2 I was all about marrying everyone off and having babies. In Sims 3 and 4 I haven't spent enough time on it, I've had a load of young people all stuffed into houses o we haven't got that far yet.

Dan did look more gorgeous than usual. I noticed his hair looking a lovely shape in the front and, I hesitate to say this, he looked a little slimmer, maybe it was the angle of his face? Cos it seems pretty sudden.

I loved how they had Dalien make a mess while everyone else was busy doing science and I loved Dan's comment that he seemed to think he was joining in.

I haven't noticed that treatment of Tabitha, but now you mention it, I guess so. I like her a lot, she's funny with randomly farting and playing with the kids toys, or actually putting them away in the toybox even while she's sitting in a chair' Sims glitches for you :roll:

Omg "seduce the wrong Pancake" that's an amazing turn of phrase.
lurker
janice from the shop

mermaid blood, seeing them restart the sims series would indeed be interesting. the whole "plot" until they actively tried to marry dil off might change as well, seeing as it was (as i recall) heavily relying on having dil be a relatable train wreck of sim -- i think today, they might tone that a bit down? i also can't see them going down the "dil's rubbish at dating, will he ever end up with someone" route now. so what would be the pretense of a sims reboot? there would have to be something. i do think they're attached to tabitha out of nostalgic fondness for the series as a whole, though. but you're right, back at the time it seemed like they just paired dil off with the first female character who came along after eliza. a moment of silence for wesley (was that his name? i distinctly remember dan saying "maybe it was westiny" or something along the lines) for he had the best chemistry with dil.
fancybum wrote:Well depending on how long they drag the Sims out, I'm looking forward to Widower Dil remarrying some dude in his old age (rip Tabs) while joint best men Dalien and Dab and son-in-law Evan watch. Maybe Dil was trying to seduce the wrong Pancake and there's a big messy love story just waiting there.
i can't believe you just single-handedly restored the sims' positive outlook #bil #dob
thank's you were great
Vanderlyle
spork

brief dan-crush mention at the beginning #same
malday
emo goose

For the last few gaming videos they've been singing (mostly Phil) and referencing 90's songs. I wonder if they've been having a 90's hits marathon or something.
Horny, Boom boom boom ayoo, boom boom boom i want in my room, Stop. (Karma Chameleon even though it's from the 80s)
coffeepenguin
rainbow nerd

ooh, yes, I'm so very much here for the Sims discussion! And sorry right away if what I'm about to say is incomprehensible, my head's a mess, I've been trying to write this post for two hours now and I'm still nowhere next to what I want to express :(

So, if I'm being honest, with the exception of the home decoration episodes, I find the Sims series boring, I sometimes even struggle to watch the videos through the end (I always do, because I'm over-invested and I feel like I might miss something important if I don't, but it's still an effort). That said, they do have two very important redeeming qualities, imo. First, when Deppy play Sims, sometimes you get interesting titbits that you can't really get with other type of content, like Dan's volcano story and Phil's strong opinions on breakfast and dealing with bullies in the most recent one (loved it! :love2: ). Second, you get to see them play as and react to an adult female character in it, and it's not for the lulz, which doesn't happen as often, actually. I agree that them romancing Tabitha probably started because at the time, Deppy didn't feel comfortable with anything short of the compulsory monogamous heterosexual storyline and I like that now they're embracing queer themes on their channel as much as the next gay girl, but somehow between the Dream Daddy and the recent games, where they play as women lusting (sorry) after men (off the top of my head: Horse Prince, yandere simulator), I like the idea of Deppy being able to play as a woman in an established relationship, so there's no pressure to romance someone, where they can focus on her career and personality. Which they don't, but that's another issue.

What worries me sometimes is that with the increase in male attraction mentions (which has been accompanied by a sudden drop in female ones, so is it because Dan and Phil, and Dan in particular, want to really drive home the fact that they like men and to compensate for all the :2012: shit - how I miss this emoji - or is it because sexualising men feels safer for multiple reasons, you decide) and the double pressure of the phandom wanting them to do "gay things" (again, sorry) and Deppy not wanting to appear sexist (you know, this train of thought: "because we don't want to be seen as sexist, anything we say about women can be misconstrued as sexist, so it's safer not to talk about women at all", like straight progressive comedy hosts on American TV have been doing for some time now, if you need a joke about finding someone attractive, joke about a man), women just disappear from the discussion altogether. It's for purely selfish reasons, I admit, but even when I'm watching two guys probably-in-a-committed-gay-relationship play games on youtube, I like my entertainment to include women, thank you. That's why I like Tabitha and I was a little sad to see their second child be a boy, too. I recognise that, like with many things, Deppy just can't win, there always will be people disappointed with their choices, but what I'd really like to see more of in the Sims is them exploring her personal storyline.

[Offtopic]I haven't had the opportunity to thank the mods for the transfer and the Galaxy theme yet, so - THANK YOU, you're the best! <3 [/Offtopic]
Dan wants to be understood. Phil just wants to make the viewer smile and sell some backpacks (c) fancybum
somethingsketchy
janice from the shop

Vanderlyle wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:01 pm
brief dan-crush mention at the beginning #same
I hate We the Unicorns for constantly using Dan and Phil to get views, but I was actually going to bring this video up (not only because I love Melanie Murphy but) because it reminded me of something I came to think about a while ago. Especially in relation to the masculinity-related discussions we've had here this summer, it was interesting to note that Dan's looks are basically always described with feminine-coded words, such as "beautiful", "pretty" and "cute". I can't remember any instances of him being called "handsome" for example, although it's probably happened at some point even if infrequently. Sometimes people do describe him as "hot", but that's still not clearly just masculine-coded.

This is obviously tied to Dan's depiction of masculinity being rather effeminate, like we've established here several times. However, I think it's also linked to the fact that Dan is sometimes blatantly objectified in a similar way to how women often are. When has anyone outside (and sometimes even inside) Dan and Phil's own fanbase called them anything but nice and pretty? Are they really known for just their looks and young female fans to outsiders?

edit: Thank you to whoever said the song Phil was singing in the golf video is called Karma Chameleon. Not knowing the name has been bugging me.
alch
ar·tic·u·late

I generally don't find the sims interesting unless something important is actually happening (or renovation videos, which I live for) but that being said, this one was actually pretty good. It was super cute and domestic, even if it was just filler.
Also, they seemed to be sitting really close together? This isn't usually something I really notice until someone points it out but they were basically leaning on each other here.

Gotta love We the Unicorns for adding Dan to the video title because of a few seconds where he was mentioned.
autumnhearth
senpai

Interesting Sims discussion folks! I do still like the series, though it is more for the domestic bants and childhood stories than the gameplay. I am looking forward to the pets expansion, just because deppy and dogs. They did briefly try to seduce Bob, but I think they knew it wouldn't go well.

coffeepenguin you bring up some great points on male attraction mentions. I don't think I have anything to add to it at this point, but it's definitely some good food for thought.

Dan did indeed look radiant. I kept thinking how soft and boyish he looked. He might not have the sharp angles of late 2014 to early 2016 but he's looking super cute with the curls and somehow younger/more youthful lately. He just keeps metamorphosing.

I was surprised Phil did a switcheroo with his slime video, but it's still something concrete to look forward to. I would also love to see deppy play with a volcano kit. Bring on more science Phil! I'd also like to see more psychic Phil, you know for balance. Does anyone else want to see them do more of those $5 internet service things, like the past life animal one?

I had not one, not two, but three separate dreams last night featuring D&P and they all involved IDB.

In the first they were doing either a mini ditl or perhaps a Pokémon Go video. They were walking through a neighborhood to a park and I was focused on the architecture which didn't seem very Londony, in fact it was in the style of the builder of my parents house, all single story cedar sided ranches. But a block or two back was a larger building with two story apartments, all with balconies and lots of windows on the second floor and some with curved walls and I just thought how could they be so careless, everyone is going to know where they live now. And then there was a lot of talk of the restaurants closest to them and where they get take away from.

The second was the most wild. Dan and Phil were competing in a national sporting event. It was a sort of track and field competition, but I'm pretty sure they were both doing outdoor gymnastics. You know, whatever gymnastics are appropriate for giant men. I never got to see their moves, just the camera following them on and off the field and them talking with their coach. Early on we got to see Phil's legs, but Dan was sticking to skinny jeans and a jumper, the brat. Then I noticed Phil was wearing some plaid pj bottoms over his shorts, probably just to stay warm. He was pulling them down as the camera was on him and I was dreading a wardrobe malfunction, which of course happened, but it wasn't an accident as he pulled his philly out for a quick piss right on the gymnastics mat. I was mortified and hopped right on here to see who saw.

Third was someone on here posting an incredible, multi panel panorama moving image of them traveling through the corridors of some modern architecture that was either a university or an airport, or both. It was like Where's Waldo meets MC Escher.

I wish these dreams had been more domestic and lovely, but these probably reflect my subconscious and guilt about voyerism more accurately. Then before waking up for the last time I was scrubbing a filthy bathroom floor. Fun.