Dan & Phil Part 55: DOWN IT! DOWN IT! DOWN IT!

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
autumnhearth
senpai
Pronouns: she/her

Appa wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:22 am
Aww what a wonderful thing to wake up to. The water is beautiful, his shorts are blue with lots of white flecks like "shirty" and that little "whoo!" at the end was so cute! And heck yeah Tom Daley!

Re the previous convo: I think PINOF is the only guaranteed yearly D&P tradition. Yes, they have committed to Spooky Week, I hope they do the same for Gamingmas (or at least do twelve videos) and I would love a Halloween or Christmas baking video this year (I'm not picky about which really, just give me the sexual innuendo I crave.)

I'm starting to lose hope for a DITL this year though. I'm still sad about Singapore and I doubt one will come out of this week. I understand these are private vacations and I respect that, so unless they took a whole day to break off from B&W and headed into whatever nearby town that has some culture by their hypothetical all inclusive resort... yeah I just don't see it. Ireland or Scotland would have been cool.

My ideal, though super unlikely, would be them going to some sort of harvest festival. Pumpkin patches, apple cider, hay rides. Are those types of things even common in the U.K.? I know Phil once went to a corn maze. Picnic in a park? Perhaps a petting zoo/farm? (Phil getting over his horse phobia). Tasting their first PSL of the season? Maybe a haunted house at night? Give me those autumny vibes.
backin09
living flop

WrongEraDreamer wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:54 am I liked the video, it certainly isn't my favourite but it was a bit fun. I'm currently translating it because I enjoy translating their videos (I study translation and it is a good way to practice) and I think I'm going to end up memorising it hahahaha (also, I have to constantly pause it and the faces I pause on are hilarious, I love you Phil)

Anyone else here has translated any of their videos?
felucca wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:34 am
Oooh another translator in the thread? High five and good luck in class! :highfive:
Yaay, another translator here! :platonic: I'm only doing it for fun, however I'm thinking about studying translating in the future as well! So far the only deppy video that I've translated & and that got published is the lemon-meringue baking video. (I'd love to do more but it's hard work and I'm too busy with school rn :? )
without the internet, we never would have met
smol beans
squish

backin09 wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:40 pm
WrongEraDreamer wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:54 am I liked the video, it certainly isn't my favourite but it was a bit fun. I'm currently translating it because I enjoy translating their videos (I study translation and it is a good way to practice) and I think I'm going to end up memorising it hahahaha (also, I have to constantly pause it and the faces I pause on are hilarious, I love you Phil)

Oooh another translator in the thread? High five and good luck in class! :highfive:
Yaay, another translator here! :platonic: I'm only doing it for fun, however I'm thinking about studying translating in the future as well! So far the only deppy video that I've translated & and that got published is the lemon-meringue baking video. (I'd love to do more but it's hard work and I'm too busy with school rn :? )
just out of curiosity, what languages do you guys translate?
i'm actually studying abroad to be bilingual and i sometimes i watch their videos (that have the language) with the captions on and i find it sometimes more entertaining to watch but it is a lot of pausing and resuming for me as well because i can not read that fast lol.
i've been also wanting to get in touch for any translators who speak japanese because i have lots of japanese students in my class and i send them links to d&p's videos with japanese captions. they love them! they don't understand english though so i want to send them more videos but i unfortunately can't find a lot of them especially in their older videos and videos from their gaming channel. there's a handful, yes, but i want to show more of their content so i can talk to them about it lol.
eXcUsE mE?
whut is the opposite of s m o l , halppy, yellow sun?
malday
emo goose

impalamedean wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:37 am Tom Daley replied! I hope a collab will happen. I adore Tom & DLB. <3
Good job getting noticed Phil! :lol:
alch
ar·tic·u·late

autumnhearth wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:50 pm
I'm starting to lose hope for a DITL this year though. I'm still sad about Singapore and I doubt one will come out of this week. I understand these are private vacations and I respect that, so unless they took a whole day to break off from B&W and headed into whatever nearby town that has some culture by their hypothetical all inclusive resort... yeah I just don't see it. Ireland or Scotland would have been cool.
There's still time for a DITL, I mean, the one in 2014 didn't come out until December 20th, and we still have all of the fall left.
SneakyLizard
butt chair

we walk among you
SneakyLizard
butt chair

On my phone sorry if this double posts or looks weird :/

I LOVE this so much. What a sweet happy moment. My first thought was honestly "damn he's looking good!" He looks lean and healthy and everyone here should know it but now but I am a Phil girl. Yep. All the way. I love this guy.
we walk among you
backin09
living flop

smol beans wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:49 pm

i'm actually studying abroad to be bilingual and i sometimes i watch their videos (that have the language) with the captions on and i find it sometimes more entertaining to watch but it is a lot of pausing and resuming for me as well because i can not read that fast lol.
i've been also wanting to get in touch for any translators who speak japanese because i have lots of japanese students in my class and i send them links to d&p's videos with japanese captions. they love them! they don't understand english though so i want to send them more videos but i unfortunately can't find a lot of them especially in their older videos and videos from their gaming channel. there's a handful, yes, but i want to show more of their content so i can talk to them about it lol.
I mainly translate to Geman (I grew up trilingual and German is one of my native languages) but i'm also speaking/learning 4 other languages (including Japanese, what a coincidence :) ). I would love to translate deppys videos to Japanese, but since I've only started learning Japanese a year ago, it's still a bit too difficult as of now :cry:
without the internet, we never would have met
obscureDnPreference
procrastinator
Pronouns: she/her/hers

I like how Phil looks a bit sunburnt. Keeping true to form!
"This is not children's television. I'm 26, I'm depressed, and I need edgy jokes to cope with my anxiety."
Daniel Howell, 10/30/17
kindofatrashcan
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie
Pronouns: She/Her

OH GOD finally i'm up to date with the thread. You guys were active this last week, i mean... i left literally for less than a week and i had more than 20 pages to read
I'm LIVING for the holiday's photos I haven't recovered from the donut photo yet. :happytears: I'm loving the smilies btw
And that failed photoshoot with the bushes... :faint:
I really don't want to know where they are but that looks a lot like Greece from my super ingnorant on mediterranean countries perspective :shrug:
alch
ar·tic·u·late

obscureDnPreference wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:57 pm I like how Phil looks a bit sunburnt. Keeping true to form!
he looks like a raw chicken
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

alch wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:06 pm
obscureDnPreference wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:57 pm I like how Phil looks a bit sunburnt. Keeping true to form!
This is the most accurate post that this forum has ever seen.
pastelspectre
stress mushroom
Pronouns: he/him

:rofl: i am screaming bc it's accurate as hell
:transheart:
Ablissa
pastel persona

So Phil replied to Tom, but it's not what a lot of people were hoping for :lol:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

So, Phil's response to Tom - do you think it's so tame because it's just not in Phil's personality to want to respond to blatant flirting? Because sending a receptive (even harmlessly flirtatious receptive) response would project an image Phil doesn't want to be associated with, like he's open to being flirted with? Because Dan was jealous? Because of who specifically it was (Tom has had some scandal with being caught cheating on his husband by cybering with/sending sexy videos to guys over twitter)?
Ablissa
pastel persona

alittledizzy wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:08 pm So, Phil's response to Tom - do you think it's so tame because it's just not in Phil's personality to want to respond to blatant flirting? Because sending a receptive (even harmlessly flirtatious receptive) response would project an image Phil doesn't want to be associated with, like he's open to being flirted with? Because Dan was jealous? Because of who specifically it was (Tom has had some scandal with being caught cheating on his husband by cybering with/sending sexy videos to guys over twitter)?
I think it's mostly the bolded part - Phil doesn't act very flirty with people these days (not counting Dan of course). That kind of interaction doesn't fit his brand either, imo. Also I'm sure he didn't want to get in trouble with his jealous boyfriend.

I was also thinking how differently that exchange may have gone if it was Dan posting that video, Tom replying to him, and Dan saying something back. I wonder if he would act more flirty than Phil did.
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

alittledizzy wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:08 pm So, Phil's response to Tom - do you think it's so tame because it's just not in Phil's personality to want to respond to blatant flirting? Because sending a receptive (even harmlessly flirtatious receptive) response would project an image Phil doesn't want to be associated with, like he's open to being flirted with? Because Dan was jealous? Because of who specifically it was (Tom has had some scandal with being caught cheating on his husband by cybering with/sending sexy videos to guys over twitter)?
Haha, well, Phil does know exactly where offering tips over the internet can lead :omgsomuch:
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
pilotlight
#relatable

I would guess a little of column a, a little of column b. I mean, it's all harmless but he seems to steer clear of potential drama, and blatantly flirting back with a married guy with that kinda history on twitter is maybe too risque for Phil's brand lol.
chiccola
sofa crease

I love Tom Daley replying to Phil, it's like Nick Jonas 2.0 only more suggestive :rofl:
What I'd give to see Dan's reaction :garbage: (I hope they bring it up during their liveshows)
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

Am I the only person who didn't know who that guy was?

In other news! My guess is that they are travelling home soon, or travelled today. Hope we get another gaming video tomorrow before Dan can share all the holiday secrets in his LS.
sparkle
blobfish

Petition for this to be the next thread name I'm laughing so hard omg :rofl: :stan:
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
nephilimcat
woodland creature

LeftHandedism wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:33 pm
Haha, well, Phil does know exactly where offering tips over the internet can lead :omgsomuch:
This made me cackle omg :lol:

And to not make this post completely useless: I think it just doesn't fit Phil's brand (or maybe his actual personality, who knows). And if there was a scandal that Phil happens to know about, there's even more reason to not be flirty as a person who tries to avoid drama at all costs.
Well, this was already mentioned, this post remains useless :snow:
pulvis et umbra sumus
WrongEraDreamer
phillion/danosaur <//3

[Offtopic]
backin09 wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:30 pm

I mainly translate to Geman (I grew up trilingual and German is one of my native languages) but i'm also speaking/learning 4 other languages (including Japanese, what a coincidence :) ). I would love to translate deppys videos to Japanese, but since I've only started learning Japanese a year ago, it's still a bit too difficult as of now :cry:
Hello translator friends! :platonic: I translate to Spanish (I'm bilingual and Spanish is my native language) And I'm currently studying Japanese (Have been for 2 1/2 years) and French. I WISH I was advanced enough to translate their videos to Japanese, but I still struggle a lot with it sometimes so not yet, hopefully someday since my dream is to translate anime and manga (huge nerd alert! :oops: )
[/Offtopic]
pilotlight
#relatable

[Offtopic]re: translating
I always forget that subtitles are even an option, but I did watched one of the PINOFs subbed in my language and the translator had did an amazing job. They even manage to replaced a pun that wouldn't have worked in French with a comparable one that made sense in the context. So kudos to people who have the patience to do that work, I definitely don't. :stan: [/Offtopic]
citizen_erased
truth bomb

WrongEraDreamer wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:32 pm [Offtopic]
backin09 wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:30 pm

Hello translator friends! :platonic: I translate to Spanish (I'm bilingual and Spanish is my native language) And I'm currently studying Japanese (Have been for 2 1/2 years) and French. I WISH I was advanced enough to translate their videos to Japanese, but I still struggle a lot with it sometimes so not yet, hopefully someday since my dream is to translate anime and manga (huge nerd alert! :oops: )
[/Offtopic]
[Offtopic]
Kudos to all youtube translators. :stan: I speak several languages (dutch, english, japanese, basic german, and learning spanish and korean) and there is no way I could ever be bothered enough to translate a whole video. That would take ages and I'm way too lazy for it :lol: I used to translate songs to practice Japanese and honestly that was quite enough effort for me :lol: :lol: [/Offtopic]

in non-off-topic comments: I am loving the holiday pictures. Phil's little 'woo!' at the end of that video was adorable. I wonder if they're coming back this weekend? I'd love a new gaming video this weekend but I really, really doubt we'll get one. I'm guessing probably Dan's ls first then a gaming video on wednesday (*fingers crossed*)